Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD and SOW: Kate still digs Daniel!; August 11th issues; Summary of Articles
Topic Started: Jul 29 2009, 11:14 AM (2,896 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

This week's SOD and SOW each feature an interview with Lauren Koslow.

This week, Victor, Lucas and Daniel all confront Kate about her plot to kill Chloe. Lauren Koslow laughs and tells SOW, "Everyone's questioning her about it. Can you believe it?"

First, Victor questions Kate. He quickly figures out what she's done, and as Koslow says, "He's ok with it, until he finds out Kate framed Daniel. He wants Kate to fix that part." But Kate tells Victor that that can't be undone. Victor asks Kate to leave his house, but then Kate points out that if Victor punishes her, he'll also be punishing Philip. So, Victor tells Kate she can stay.

Then Kate goes to see Chloe, and, as SOW puts it, Kate "chastises her for ruining things with Daniel". Koslow tells SOW that "Kate feels betrayed", because when Kate ended things with Daniel, Kate expected Daniel to come back and tell her they still had to be together. Koslow says that now, Kate "wonders what might have been", and that "something is still lingering there."

Lucas then confronts Kate; he's been warned by Daniel that Kate poisoned Chloe. Kate is "truly devastated" to hear Lucas accuse her, Koslow says, and Kate asks Lucas how he could even think that about her. Lucas believes Kate and takes her word over Daniel's.

Next, Hope questions Kate concerning Chloe's illness. Kate tells Hope how much she loves Chloe and how much she's done for Lucas. Koslow points out that in addition to this, Kate has set everything up "beautifully" so that all of the evidence points to Daniel.

Kate goes to visit Daniel in jail. He's sleeping, but SOW says she has a "steamy fantasy" about him. Koslow says, "Kate's out to destroy this man. Now she's fantasizing about having sex with him. That is rather disturbing."

Daniel wakes up, and he and Kate have a discussion. Koslow says that Kate doesn't admit anything, and instead Kate asks Daniel how he could be so "pathetic" as to accuse her after what he's done. SOD says that Daniel gets angry with Kate and grabs her. Kate is attracted to him; Koslow says that this is Daniel's "darker, shadowy side", which makes things "complex and mysterious". Koslow tells SOD, "It's emotional and kind of violent. Their relationship might have been a little kinky."

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

thanks Ellie...ewwww

Nicole Walker

UGH!

mbdimera
Member Avatar

Hmmmm..... I wonder if the writers are going to try and bring back the Daniel/Kate pairing. :peek:

Thanks Ellie!

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Ellie
Jul 29 2009, 11:14 AM
Kate goes to visit Daniel in jail. He's sleeping, but SOW says she has a "steamy fantasy" about him. Koslow says, "Kate's out to destroy this man. Now she's fantasizing about having sex with him. That is rather disturbing."

Daniel wakes up, and he and Kate have a discussion. Koslow says that Kate doesn't admit anything, and instead Kate asks Daniel how he could be so "pathetic" as to accuse her after what he's done. SOD says that Daniel gets angry with Kate and grabs her. Kate is attracted to him; Koslow says that this is Daniel's "darker, shadowy side", which makes things "complex and mysterious". Koslow tells SOD, "It's emotional and kind of violent. Their relationship might have been a little kinky."

You have got to be kidding me. And yes, Lauren, it IS rather disturbing. What is it about Daniel's magical surfing penis (tm Tripp) that triggers these inappropriate fantasies?

Thanks for posting, Ellie!
Edited by Paxton, Jul 29 2009, 11:24 AM.

Ellie

You're welcome everyone - and ditto on the "ewwww". I did not enjoy reading this one at all! ewwww.

lastDays
Member Avatar

mbdimera
Jul 29 2009, 11:22 AM
Hmmmm..... I wonder if the writers are going to try and bring back the Daniel/Kate pairing. :peek:

Thanks Ellie!
I have has a feeling they would ever since the spoiler about her being surprised by her attraction still to Daniel. Dena is ONE SICK BITCH :puke: Don't you just know they will do it while Chloe is an amnesiac

Mason

I cannot believe that they're destroying Kate over DANIEL. Of ALL characters.

For Kate to go this crazy over ANY man is ridiculous, but for Daniel? Hell no!
Edited by Mason, Jul 29 2009, 11:35 AM.

jane1978

This is not surprising. I think Daniel pointed to Kate atleast one or two times that she is still jelaous. And didnīt she want to reconcile with him soon after he started the affair?

Kate definitely needs further motivation so itīs good they are tapping into it again (well, except the fantasy, but we donīt know how graphic that is yet). I also think some LK answers are done with tongue in the cheek, especially towards the end.

jane1978

lastDays
Jul 29 2009, 11:31 AM
mbdimera

Thanks Ellie!
I have has a feeling they would ever since the spoiler about her being surprised by her attraction still to Daniel. Dena is ONE SICK BITCH :puke: Don't you just know they will do it while Chloe is an amnesiac
They canīt do it. Daniel is in a prison and he is in love with Chloe. And the amnesia is still just a rumour right now.

Keith
Member Avatar

Well, I'm glad they're pulling Kate out of the black and white cackling evil queen mode and giving her true character motivation- no matter how disturing. I see a visit to Bayview in her future.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I don't mind this only because it's not like Kate ever has fantasized or wanted something steamy and passionate (Nicholas!). The whole Daniel/Kate angle wasn't played much at all until the last two weeks and one scene on the pier in May between Kate and Daniel so, to me, seeing it all come back to prominence like this so suddenly screams insta-redemption for Kate. I don't mind it because I want Lauren to stay on as Kate, especially with the upcoming returns, but I wish they had given us a little more scenes focusing on the Daniel/Kate aspect because that is why I was able to except Kate going this far. Daniel kept her going during her cancer treatment and Chloe saved her. She went out of her way to praise both of them and she changed herself and they both betrayed her and hurt her son. That's a double whammy and I think that is why Kate dropped the plan at first. Not so much much because Philip had been shot but she still had feelings for Daniel and wanted to give him one more chance to prove he is the man she thought he was and that he would stay away from Chloe. He didn't and she went forward.

That breakup scene with Kate and Daniel did have a feeling of Kate not wanting to do it but feeling as though it was best at the time for her and for Daniel. Daniel seemed distracted and Kate had no sex drive and felt that her cancer could return at any moment so she cut him loose. As I said, I just wish the element was played more because it was there and was implied at times thanks to the actor's performances and one scene where they actually came out and mentioned it. Now, it's become a major plot point again as it should be. I guess this is no surprise though because if there is one story on this show that has changed gears and not had all the beats played, it's this one. It's entertaining now but it the pacing and execution were not up to par. It started out over the top, got better around February, and then just started to drag around summer. The biggest thing was not involving Lucas enough. Why have scenes of him in May beginning to remember the night of the explosion when that aspect never really came into play? You could tell this story was revised alot in the beginning and now alot in the end. Too sloppy. I'm happy where it's at right now in the past two weeks so if it entertains me with the climax to all this and leads the characters in better directions, I'm happy.

Ellie

jane1978
Jul 29 2009, 11:34 AM
I also think some LK answers are done with tongue in the cheek
Oh absolutely, but I kind of like the fact that Lauren seems to agree with some of us about the writing.

lastDays
Member Avatar

jane1978
Jul 29 2009, 11:37 AM
lastDays
Jul 29 2009, 11:31 AM
mbdimera

Thanks Ellie!
They canīt do it. Daniel is in a prison and he is in love with Chloe. And the amnesia is still just a rumour right now.
Victor will get him out of jail .Yes its not confirmed Chloe has amnesia,but to be realistic there is no other choice but to make her come out of her coma with memory loss,and Lucas has no direction to focus his dark side on unless her can manipulate Chloe

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Keith
Jul 29 2009, 11:43 AM
Well, I'm glad they're pulling Kate out of the black and white cackling evil queen mode and giving her true character motivation- no matter how disturing. I see a visit to Bayview in her future.
I agree. The motivation has always been there. It's just they haven't provided us with enough scenes to focus on it other then scenes of her upset about Lucas being hurt. This is personal. Daniel and Chloe not only hurt Lucas but they played Kate for a fool. She feels humiliated. It isn't so much about a man but a man that helped her through a tough time. A man she bonded with and grew close to. She opened her heart again and nearly lost her granddaughter because of it. Then, he goes in and has an affair behind her and her son's back with her son's wife and the woman who saved her life. That's pretty bad and if you consider in what a vulnerable place Kate was having come off the cancer treatment and not really wanting to let go of Daniel but feeling it was best at the time, it makes sense to react the way she did. She just got caught up in all the hurt and pain she was feeling personally for herself and for Lucas. That is why I think she resorted to all this. It's not about Lucas that much this time. She's using Lucas to cover up the fact that this is more about her this time. If she wasn't involved with Daniel, you would never seen her resort to murder. She would just set out to hurt Chloe and Daniel. The fact that they both betrayed her too is what drove her over the edge.

I would rather they make this stick then saying she did it due to the cancer treatment drugs or something. Not sure if she will actually get sent to a sanitarium because I can see her coming forward before it's too late since they are bringing up her feelings for Daniel or she may make a deal with Victor to get him to help her get herself off if she admits the truth.

doolcrazy
Member Avatar

Thanks Ellie. I don't get the mags so I enjoy these summaries. I always pegged Kate as being kind of kinky but it is sure coming out in bundles this time. I don't know what to say but EWE!!! LOL> People also need to quit catering to her and allow her to fall flat on her face. It is about time she grew up and quit living in her fantasy world.

klements

I can't believe that Lucas believes Kate. She is always interfering in his love life. He ought to know that by now!

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jul 29 2009, 11:44 AM
That breakup scene with Kate and Daniel did have a feeling of Kate not wanting to do it but feeling as though it was best at the time for her and for Daniel. Daniel seemed distracted and Kate had no sex drive and felt that her cancer could return at any moment so she cut him loose. As I said, I just wish the element was played more because it was there and was implied at times thanks to the actor's performances and one scene where they actually came out and mentioned it. Now, it's become a major plot point again as it should be.
The break-up came out of nowhere but eventually made sense when it was fully explained by Kate. By the time she was ready to get back together with Daniel (10 seconds after she found out she was in remission), he'd already slept with Chloe. In fact, Daniel had sex with Chloe the morning after Kate broke up with him, so there you go. Less than 24 hours and he was riding someone else. I felt bad for Kate, and I can understand why finding that out would hurt... even if she was the dumper and not the dumpee. When someone moves on THAT fast after such an intense relationship... it hurts. So, yes, I can understand why she'd feel like there was no closure to that relationship.

HOWEVER, I don't see why Kate would still be sexually invested in Daniel. Emotionally attached? Yeah, I could accept that considering how involved he was in making sure she survived... but still sexually invested? HELL NO. Forget all the icky things she's done in the past... the nasty sight of Daniel macking on Chelsea made Kate pass right the fuck out. The thought of him banging Chloe while Lucas sat at home shouldn't be any different. How could she still look at him and be attracted? ESPECIALLY after Daniel arrogantly stated to Kate that he didn't give a damn about how his affair with Chloe was going to affect Lucas. Kate's never been attracted to a man who's hurt her family to the degree Daniel has... and I'm sorry, it IS out of character for her to be going after Chloe this intently because of a lingering attraction to "her" man. To me, it's just more proof that the writers have an obessesion with Daniel. It's bullshit, actually. Thank God LK is as good of an actress as she is... because this material has totally ruined Kate.
Edited by fenderbabe, Jul 29 2009, 01:19 PM.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

So Kate enjoys being grabbed and yelled at by Daniel, and it's a little kinky. LOL, these writers are absolutely crazy.

Mason

fenderbabe
Jul 29 2009, 01:15 PM
Kate's never been attracted to a man who's hurt her family to the degree Daniel has... and I'm sorry, it IS out of character for her to be going after Chloe this intently because of a lingering attraction to "her" man. To me, it's just more proof that the writers have an obessesion with Daniel. It's bullshit, actually. Thank God LK is as good of an actress as she is... because this material has totally ruined Kate.
AMEN!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply