Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD and SOW: Kate still digs Daniel!; August 11th issues; Summary of Articles
Topic Started: Jul 29 2009, 11:14 AM (2,828 Views)
fenderbabe
Member Avatar

Tripp
Jul 29 2009, 03:39 PM
So what they are doing now, instead of making Kate poisoning Chloe and framing Daniel be about her beloved Lucas' cuckolding, it's actually about Kate having the hots for Daniel? Um, sorry, cannot agree with those that say this is to give Kate further motivations or help redeem her (how does it redeem her? Doesn't it make it even worse that she would be doing this because of jealousy and ignoring what it's doing to her SON?) I think this just says they think we're right on the message boards, we've been sayng it makes no sense for Kate to "protect" her son from finding out about the affair so she decides to slowly poison his wife instead. So now it's not about that anymore, it's about Kate having fantasies on her ex boyfriend and is jealous! TOTALLY DIFFERENT!

I liked/loved Kate in spite of her Sami obsession "stay away from my Lucas" obsession. I wanted the character to be more! This is not what I had in mind, and because I've watched my favorite character wind up going to jail over a crime he committed while actually being addicted to medications, I'm forced to wish they at least hold Kate responsible since she's done so much in the past and she just can't walk away from this. (My peace of mind is maybe LK can get a job she deserves. She's too good for this show).
Thank you. I don't see it either. If anything, it makes her look even more psychotic than she's already. Just because Kate's been morally corrupt in the past when it came to her family doesn't mean anything goes. Dude, she's fantasing about sex with a man whose lover she just put in a coma. That's not Kate-like, and no, I won't apologize for saying so.

ITA, Lauren is too good for this... and I'm not just saying that. No one else in this storyline can match her level of talent, and she's single-handedly carring this all on her own.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

This is fucking ridiculous and as others have said way out of character for Kate. As LK stated in SOD, it's rather disturbing.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

fenderbabe
Jul 29 2009, 03:46 PM
Tripp
So what they are doing now, instead of making Kate poisoning Chloe and framing Daniel be about her beloved Lucas' cuckolding, it's actually about Kate having the hots for Daniel? Um, sorry, cannot agree with those that say this is to give Kate further motivations or help redeem her (how does it redeem her? Doesn't it make it even worse that she would be doing this because of jealousy and ignoring what it's doing to her SON?) I think this just says they think we're right on the message boards, we've been sayng it makes no sense for Kate to "protect" her son from finding out about the affair so she decides to slowly poison his wife instead. So now it's not about that anymore, it's about Kate having fantasies on her ex boyfriend and is jealous! TOTALLY DIFFERENT!

I liked/loved Kate in spite of her Sami obsession "stay away from my Lucas" obsession. I wanted the character to be more! This is not what I had in mind, and because I've watched my favorite character wind up going to jail over a crime he committed while actually being addicted to medications, I'm forced to wish they at least hold Kate responsible since she's done so much in the past and she just can't walk away from this. (My peace of mind is maybe LK can get a job she deserves. She's too good for this show).
Thank you. I don't see it either. If anything, it makes her look even more psychotic than she's already. Just because Kate's been morally corrupt in the past when it came to her family doesn't mean anything goes. Dude, she's fantasing about sex with a man whose lover she just put in a coma. That's not Kate-like, and no, I won't apologize for saying so.

ITA, Lauren is too good for this... and I'm not just saying that. No one else in this storyline can match her level of talent, and she's single-handedly carring this all on her own.
*waves at Fendor*

I agree that LK is the only one who is carrying the story. When SC bothers he overacts and let's not get started on Nadia who can't even convincingly look unconscious. They make me almost wish we could have just watched Kate have a slow, painful but DIGNIFIED death with the cancer (which could have been an Emmy nod for her).
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Tripp
I'm neither a Kate nor an LK fan so I don't care that much about whether what she does is in character or not, but I agree totally that Kate being hot for Daniel in no way makes sense as a redemption tool. How in the world would trying to kill her son's wife while simultaneously exposing the woman's affair to the world be excused away by saying, oh well, it all makes perfect sense because after all, she wanted Daniel. To me, as you say, it actually makes her look worse. I don't mind the idea that this is partly about Kate's ego, because she's certainly no saint. But I cut her more slack if her primary motivation is to protect Lucas, with whom she already has a warped relationship, than if it's because she's the woman scorned trying to kill her rival. If Chloe wasn't married to her favorite son, fine, I wouldn't think it was so appalling. But the other woman IS married to her favorite son, and he does (supposedly) adore her, and learning about the affair is only going to be part of the heartbreak. I don't see how this redeems her at all, it just makes the whole thing look more sick.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Up until the "still has the hots for Daniel" nonsense I didn't think it was too far out of character for Kate to want to off Chloe and frame Daniel. Even adding that...I hesitate to call it this- "layer"- I still don't think it's necessarily out of character.

That said, I think it's bullshit story and bad writing. I maintain that she should be working alone or with Victor to take down Stefano or EJ, not wasting her time on a couple of pathetic losers like Chloe and Daniel. At this point, Lucas should be old enough to be the psychopath manipulating people who hurt him. Hell, tie it to his alcoholism or something. He's spawn of Kate, former lover/confidante/cohort of Sami- homey should be playing the Kate role, imho, in this little drama. At least as co-conspirator. Make what'shisname earn the paycheck, y'know!

Bradyclan

Granma wants Danny boy again *pukes*

This is ridiculous. They are destroying Kate's character and have been doing so since last year. This is one of the worse storylines in recent years.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Jul 29 2009, 03:41 PM
PhoenixRising05
Jul 29 2009, 03:16 PM
Mason
Jul 29 2009, 03:10 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
Why do you always have to get defensive? You always make some claim that I'm trying to be insulting or degrading to someone. Can't you ever debate and discuss without resorting to that kind of crap?
Actually, I think Mason has a point. You basically said that the reason people don't like this story is because they're making assumptions and "not seeing all the angles." That's kind of a patronizing comment. While you might not mean it this way, it basically sounds like you're saying, "The reason you don't like this story is because you don't understand it the way I do."

Your statement was gave off sort of a patronizing implication, even if you didn't mean it that way. People don't like being told that they're basically too stupid to understand a story, LoL. If you had simply said that you liked the Kate/Daniel thing for this reason or that reason, I don't think it would've been an issue. But you tossed in the extra tidbit of people "making assumptions" and "not seeing all the angles" (the way you see them) and it did sound kind of patronizing -- even if you didn't mean it that way. JMO.

By the way, I'm really not trying to hang you out to dry for this. I've made similar comments in the past that came off as patronizing, so I'm not claiming perfection, LoL. It's just that some things don't always come off the way we intend when we're communicating via the internet.
Well, your right. That wasn't what I intended and I still don't think I did that. I'm the first to admit that I've done what you said in the past and I've apologized either on the boards or via PM for it in the past. I saw nothing wrong with what I said today.

I've seen people all the time say things like "Well, your not seeing the story/scene/etc for what it's intended to be" or something like that and they never got accused of offending anyone. I just don't see any problem with what I said. All I said was I THINK people aren't seeing the other aspects of this and my reasoning was because some people hate the story . I didn't say people were wrong in their opinions because, really, even if that was the case, I don't think it would change the way people feel. . It was just a thought I was expressing and I thought it was an interesting angle to add to the discussion because sometimes people do react like that without even knowing it. It happens. No one else seemed to take issue with what I said. Some quoted and replied to my comments and I was happy they did because I wanted to hear their responses. I don't necessarily agree with them but I was happy to hear them. That is what discussion is all about.

There was no need to make the comment Mason did. If he felt I was patronizing, he should've came out and said that in a better way much like you did, Kenny. I still may have felt I wasn't but at least it would've been better then a snarky comment.

It's ok though. I will apologize just in case. So, to anyone that may have felt offended, I am sorry. That was not my intention.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Let's cut it with the swipes at other posters.

This is a warning for everyone before personal warnings get handed out if things continue.

esp13
Member Avatar

My problem with Kate in this storyline is that even if her trying to kill Chloe and frame Daniel is in character, it's my absolute least favorite aspect of the character. From the moment I started watching the show again, I HATED Kate's obsession with Lucas (and, to a lesser degree, the rest of her children) and that was before I even knew the whole Sami/Lucas/Kate history. I hated that Kate kept scheming against Sami and Lucas would disown her for five minutes and then take her back, then disown her again. There is nothing interesting or entertaining to me about this obsession Kate has with Lucas's love life. So, putting her back in that same mode just makes me despite the character all over again.

But, that doesn't mean that adding some motivation about Daniel makes anything better. Because now, she's destroying her son's life because of her own petty jealousies which is even worse than destroying it because she thinks it's for his own good.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

I wish Vivian would hurry her ass back to town to call Kate out on what a slut she is. :lol:

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

R!ck
Jul 30 2009, 12:42 AM
I wish Vivian would hurry her ass back to town to call Kate out on what a slut she is. :lol:
Me too. But I'm worried that Vivian will be coming in to REPLACE Kate as the older villainess. 'Cause after this shit Kate has to go away, imho.

Ellie

px780
Jul 30 2009, 10:56 AM
R!ck
Jul 30 2009, 12:42 AM
Me too. But I'm worried that Vivian will be coming in to REPLACE Kate as the older villainess. 'Cause after this shit Kate has to go away, imho.
I think somebody does. Whether or not Corday was lying/exaggerating/underestimating/WHATEVER the budget issues, the cast is getting much bigger, and I'd assume there will be some cuts.

Can403

Thanks for posting Ellie. This is both stupid and boring. :sleep2:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply