Forum rules
ANNOUNCEMENTS:
Just a reminder that this section is for "Days of Our Lives" only. All Days-related news, spoilers, articles and weekly discussion threads should be posted here.

For coverage of any other soaps, please visit:
General Daytime News
GH Spoilers & Discussion
or Y&R/B&B Spoilers & Discussion.

Thank you!
:)

Voldemort and SOW: Kate still digs Daniel!

King/QueenKing/Queen

Jul 29, 2009#1

Please link to DR.

This week's Voldemort and SOW each feature an interview with Lauren Koslow.

This week, Victor, Lucas and Daniel all confront Kate about her plot to kill Chloe. Lauren Koslow laughs and tells SOW, "Everyone's questioning her about it. Can you believe it?"

First, Victor questions Kate. He quickly figures out what she's done, and as Koslow says, "He's ok with it, until he finds out Kate framed Daniel. He wants Kate to fix that part." But Kate tells Victor that that can't be undone. Victor asks Kate to leave his house, but then Kate points out that if Victor punishes her, he'll also be punishing Philip. So, Victor tells Kate she can stay.

Then Kate goes to see Chloe, and, as SOW puts it, Kate "chastises her for ruining things with Daniel". Koslow tells SOW that "Kate feels betrayed", because when Kate ended things with Daniel, Kate expected Daniel to come back and tell her they still had to be together. Koslow says that now, Kate "wonders what might have been", and that "something is still lingering there."

Lucas then confronts Kate; he's been warned by Daniel that Kate poisoned Chloe. Kate is "truly devastated" to hear Lucas accuse her, Koslow says, and Kate asks Lucas how he could even think that about her. Lucas believes Kate and takes her word over Daniel's.

Next, Hope questions Kate concerning Chloe's illness. Kate tells Hope how much she loves Chloe and how much she's done for Lucas. Koslow points out that in addition to this, Kate has set everything up "beautifully" so that all of the evidence points to Daniel.

Kate goes to visit Daniel in jail. He's sleeping, but SOW says she has a "steamy fantasy" about him. Koslow says, "Kate's out to destroy this man. Now she's fantasizing about having sex with him. That is rather disturbing."

Daniel wakes up, and he and Kate have a discussion. Koslow says that Kate doesn't admit anything, and instead Kate asks Daniel how he could be so "pathetic" as to accuse her after what he's done. Voldemort says that Daniel gets angry with Kate and grabs her. Kate is attracted to him; Koslow says that this is Daniel's "darker, shadowy side", which makes things "complex and mysterious". Koslow tells Voldemort, "It's emotional and kind of violent. Their relationship might have been a little kinky."

Follow DR on Twitter and Facebook!

Duke/DuchessDuke/Duchess

Jul 29, 2009#2

thanks Ellie...ewwww

thanks #1days

Prince/PrincessPrince/Princess

Jul 29, 2009#3

UGH!

Thanks NoCarsGo

Duke/DuchessDuke/Duchess

Jul 29, 2009#4

Hmmmm..... I wonder if the writers are going to try and bring back the Daniel/Kate pairing. :peek:

Thanks Ellie!

Jul 29, 2009#5

Ellie wrote:Kate goes to visit Daniel in jail. He's sleeping, but SOW says she has a "steamy fantasy" about him. Koslow says, "Kate's out to destroy this man. Now she's fantasizing about having sex with him. That is rather disturbing."

Daniel wakes up, and he and Kate have a discussion. Koslow says that Kate doesn't admit anything, and instead Kate asks Daniel how he could be so "pathetic" as to accuse her after what he's done. Voldemort says that Daniel gets angry with Kate and grabs her. Kate is attracted to him; Koslow says that this is Daniel's "darker, shadowy side", which makes things "complex and mysterious". Koslow tells Voldemort, "It's emotional and kind of violent. Their relationship might have been a little kinky."
            You have got to be kidding me. And yes, Lauren, it IS rather disturbing. What is it about Daniel's magical surfing penis (tm Tripp) that triggers these inappropriate fantasies?

Thanks for posting, Ellie!

"All I know is, as long as I led the Southeastern Conference in scoring, my grades would be fine."--Charles Barkley

King/QueenKing/Queen

Jul 29, 2009#6

You're welcome everyone - and ditto on the "ewwww". I did not enjoy reading this one at all! ewwww.

Jul 29, 2009#7

mbdimera wrote:Hmmmm..... I wonder if the writers are going to try and bring back the Daniel/Kate pairing. :peek:

Thanks Ellie!
                I have has a feeling they would ever since the spoiler about her being surprised by her attraction still to Daniel. Dena is ONE SICK BITCH :puke: Don't you just know they will do it while Chloe is an amnesiac

34K15
                AdminAdmin
                34K15

Jul 29, 2009#8

I cannot believe that they're destroying Kate over DANIEL. Of ALL characters.

For Kate to go this crazy over ANY man is ridiculous, but for Daniel? Hell no!

Jul 29, 2009#9

This is not surprising. I think Daniel pointed to Kate atleast one or two times that she is still jelaous. And didn´t she want to reconcile with him soon after he started the affair?

Kate definitely needs further motivation so it´s good they are tapping into it again (well, except the fantasy, but we don´t know how graphic that is yet). I also think some LK answers are done with tongue in the cheek, especially towards the end.

Jul 29, 2009#10

lastDays wrote:
                      mbdimera wrote:Hmmmm..... I wonder if the writers are going to try and bring back the Daniel/Kate pairing. :peek:

Thanks Ellie!
                      I have has a feeling they would ever since the spoiler about her being surprised by her attraction still to Daniel. Dena is ONE SICK BITCH :puke: Don't you just know they will do it while Chloe is an amnesiac
                      They can´t do it. Daniel is in a prison and he is in love with Chloe. And the amnesia is still just a rumour right now.

King/QueenKing/Queen

Jul 29, 2009#11

Well, I'm glad they're pulling Kate out of the black and white cackling evil queen mode and giving her true character motivation- no matter how disturing. I see a visit to Bayview in her future.
                        RIP Frances Reid. 12/9/1914-2/3/2010. Doughnuts shall never be the same.

17K258
                        King/QueenKing/Queen
                        17K258

Jul 29, 2009#12

I don't mind this only because it's not like Kate ever has fantasized or wanted something steamy and passionate (Nicholas!). The whole Daniel/Kate angle wasn't played much at all until the last two weeks and one scene on the pier in May between Kate and Daniel so, to me, seeing it all come back to prominence like this so suddenly screams insta-redemption for Kate. I don't mind it because I want Lauren to stay on as Kate, especially with the upcoming returns, but I wish they had given us a little more scenes focusing on the Daniel/Kate aspect because that is why I was able to except Kate going this far. Daniel kept her going during her cancer treatment and Chloe saved her. She went out of her way to praise both of them and she changed herself and they both betrayed her and hurt her son. That's a double whammy and I think that is why Kate dropped the plan at first. Not so much much because Philip had been shot but she still had feelings for Daniel and wanted to give him one more chance to prove he is the man she thought he was and that he would stay away from Chloe. He didn't and she went forward.

That breakup scene with Kate and Daniel did have a feeling of Kate not wanting to do it but feeling as though it was best at the time for her and for Daniel. Daniel seemed distracted and Kate had no sex drive and felt that her cancer could return at any moment so she cut him loose. As I said, I just wish the element was played more because it was there and was implied at times thanks to the actor's performances and one scene where they actually came out and mentioned it. Now, it's become a major plot point again as it should be. I guess this is no surprise though because if there is one story on this show that has changed gears and not had all the beats played, it's this one. It's entertaining now but it the pacing and execution were not up to par. It started out over the top, got better around February, and then just started to drag around summer. The biggest thing was not involving Lucas enough. Why have scenes of him in May beginning to remember the night of the explosion when that aspect never really came into play? You could tell this story was revised alot in the beginning and now alot in the end. Too sloppy. I'm happy where it's at right now in the past two weeks so if it entertains me with the climax to all this and leads the characters in better directions, I'm happy.

King/QueenKing/Queen

Jul 29, 2009#13

jane1978 wrote:I also think some LK answers are done with tongue in the cheek
                            Oh absolutely, but I kind of like the fact that Lauren seems to agree with some of us about the writing.

Jul 29, 2009#14

jane1978 wrote:
                              lastDays wrote:

Thanks Ellie!
                              They can´t do it. Daniel is in a prison and he is in love with Chloe. And the amnesia is still just a rumour right now.
                              Victor will get him out of jail .Yes its not confirmed Chloe has amnesia,but to be realistic there is no other choice but to make her come out of her coma with memory loss,and Lucas has no direction to focus his dark side on unless her can manipulate Chloe

17K258
                              King/QueenKing/Queen
                              17K258

Jul 29, 2009#15

Keith wrote:Well, I'm glad they're pulling Kate out of the black and white cackling evil queen mode and giving her true character motivation- no matter how disturing. I see a visit to Bayview in her future.
                                I agree. The motivation has always been there. It's just they haven't provided us with enough scenes to focus on it other then scenes of her upset about Lucas being hurt. This is personal. Daniel and Chloe not only hurt Lucas but they played Kate for a fool. She feels humiliated. It isn't so much about a man but a man that helped her through a tough time. A man she bonded with and grew close to. She opened her heart again and nearly lost her granddaughter because of it. Then, he goes in and has an affair behind her and her son's back with her son's wife and the woman who saved her life. That's pretty bad and if you consider in what a vulnerable place Kate was having come off the cancer treatment and not really wanting to let go of Daniel but feeling it was best at the time, it makes sense to react the way she did. She just got caught up in all the hurt and pain she was feeling personally for herself and for Lucas. That is why I think she resorted to all this. It's not about Lucas that much this time. She's using Lucas to cover up the fact that this is more about her this time. If she wasn't involved with Daniel, you would never seen her resort to murder. She would just set out to hurt Chloe and Daniel. The fact that they both betrayed her too is what drove her over the edge.

I would rather they make this stick then saying she did it due to the cancer treatment drugs or something. Not sure if she will actually get sent to a sanitarium because I can see her coming forward before it's too late since they are bringing up her feelings for Daniel or she may make a deal with Victor to get him to help her get herself off if she admits the truth.

Duke/DuchessDuke/Duchess

Jul 29, 2009#16

Thanks Ellie. I don't get the mags so I enjoy these summaries. I always pegged Kate as being kind of kinky but it is sure coming out in bundles this time. I don't know what to say but EWE!!! LOL> People also need to quit catering to her and allow her to fall flat on her face. It is about time she grew up and quit living in her fantasy world.

Duke/DuchessDuke/Duchess

Jul 29, 2009#17

I can't believe that Lucas believes Kate. She is always interfering in his love life. He ought to know that by now!

Duke/DuchessDuke/Duchess

Jul 29, 2009#18

PhoenixRising05 wrote:That breakup scene with Kate and Daniel did have a feeling of Kate not wanting to do it but feeling as though it was best at the time for her and for Daniel. Daniel seemed distracted and Kate had no sex drive and felt that her cancer could return at any moment so she cut him loose. As I said, I just wish the element was played more because it was there and was implied at times thanks to the actor's performances and one scene where they actually came out and mentioned it. Now, it's become a major plot point again as it should be.
                                      The break-up came out of nowhere but eventually made sense when it was fully explained by Kate. By the time she was ready to get back together with Daniel (10 seconds after she found out she was in remission), he'd already slept with Chloe. In fact, Daniel had sex with Chloe the morning after Kate broke up with him, so there you go. Less than 24 hours and he was riding someone else. I felt bad for Kate, and I can understand why finding that out would hurt... even if she was the dumper and not the dumpee. When someone moves on THAT fast after such an intense relationship... it hurts. So, yes, I can understand why she'd feel like there was no closure to that relationship.

HOWEVER, I don't see why Kate would still be sexually invested in Daniel. Emotionally attached? Yeah, I could accept that considering how involved he was in making sure she survived... but still sexually invested? HELL NO. Forget all the icky things she's done in the past... the nasty sight of Daniel macking on Chelsea made Kate pass right the fuck out. The thought of him banging Chloe while Lucas sat at home shouldn't be any different. How could she still look at him and be attracted? ESPECIALLY after Daniel arrogantly stated to Kate that he didn't give a damn about how his affair with Chloe was going to affect Lucas. Kate's never been attracted to a man who's hurt her family to the degree Daniel has... and I'm sorry, it IS out of character for her to be going after Chloe this intently because of a lingering attraction to "her" man. To me, it's just more proof that the writers have an obessesion with Daniel. It's bullshit, actually. Thank God LK is as good of an actress as she is... because this material has totally ruined Kate.

Jul 29, 2009#19

So Kate enjoys being grabbed and yelled at by Daniel, and it's a little kinky. LOL, these writers are absolutely crazy.

34K15
                                        AdminAdmin
                                        34K15

Jul 29, 2009#20

fenderbabe wrote:Kate's never been attracted to a man who's hurt her family to the degree Daniel has... and I'm sorry, it IS out of character for her to be going after Chloe this intently because of a lingering attraction to "her" man. To me, it's just more proof that the writers have an obessesion with Daniel. It's bullshit, actually. Thank God LK is as good of an actress as she is... because this material has totally ruined Kate.
                                          AMEN!

Earl/CountessEarl/Countess

Jul 29, 2009#21

The current regime at Days has done a lot of things wrong but nothing is worse than the way they have destroyed the character of Kate. I don't even recognize her anymore. It's bad enough that she's psychotic but now she's being portrayed as being hung up on Daniel. The real Kate would never have any lingering feelings for him after she found out about him and Chloe.

A couple of other points. Why is Kate living at the Kiriakis mansion? It made sense for her to stay there when she was recovering from her chemotherapy but she's been fully recovered for months. She has plenty of money and can afford a nice place of her own. She has always been an independent woman and it's ridiculous for her to be staying at Victor's.

Also, where in the heck is Roman in all of this? Kate and Roman have always had a unique relationship in that he brought out her good side and he always had a soft spot for her despite her sins. But they have had about twenty seconds of screen time together over the last year. Even if the writers don't want to reunite them they should still have them interact. After all, Roman is a cop and it would be interesting to see him involved in the investigation of Chloe's poisoning. it would be a chance to bring some of Kate's history into this crappy storyline.

21K684
                                            King/QueenKing/Queen
                                            21K684

Jul 29, 2009#22

I see no point to go back to this. I get that Kate's still not over the fact that Daniel took their break up so smoothly because he had Chloe, and I get that Kate would be pissed about that. However, I really don't want to see Kate pining over the man that's partially responsible for breaking her baby's heart. I don't believe Kate would do that. Lucas is her world and she would cross off anyone that hurt him, including Daniel.
                                              My current soap rankings
                                              1. Days of our Lives
                                              2. The Young and the Restless
                                              3. The Bold and the Beautiful
                                              4. General Hospital

17K258
                                              King/QueenKing/Queen
                                              17K258

Jul 29, 2009#23

fenderbabe wrote:
                                                PhoenixRising05 wrote:That breakup scene with Kate and Daniel did have a feeling of Kate not wanting to do it but feeling as though it was best at the time for her and for Daniel. Daniel seemed distracted and Kate had no sex drive and felt that her cancer could return at any moment so she cut him loose. As I said, I just wish the element was played more because it was there and was implied at times thanks to the actor's performances and one scene where they actually came out and mentioned it. Now, it's become a major plot point again as it should be.
                                                The break-up came out of nowhere but eventually made sense when it was fully explained by Kate. By the time she was ready to get back together with Daniel (10 seconds after she found out she was in remission), he'd already slept with Chloe. In fact, Daniel had sex with Chloe the morning after Kate broke up with him, so there you go. Less than 24 hours and he was riding someone else. I felt bad for Kate, and I can understand why finding that out would hurt... even if she was the dumper and not the dumpee. When someone moves on THAT fast after such an intense relationship... it hurts. So, yes, I can understand why she'd feel like there was no closure to that relationship.

HOWEVER, I don't see why Kate would still be sexually invested in Daniel. Emotionally attached? Yeah, I could accept that considering how involved he was in making sure she survived... but still sexually invested? HELL NO. Forget all the icky things she's done in the past... the nasty sight of Daniel macking on Chelsea made Kate pass right the fuck out. The thought of him banging Chloe while Lucas sat at home shouldn't be any different. How could she still look at him and be attracted? ESPECIALLY after Daniel arrogantly stated to Kate that he didn't give a damn about how his affair with Chloe was going to affect Lucas. Kate's never been attracted to a man who's hurt her family to the degree Daniel has... and I'm sorry, it IS out of character for her to be going after Chloe this intently because of a lingering attraction to "her" man. To me, it's just more proof that the writers have an obessesion with Daniel. It's bullshit, actually. Thank God LK is as good of an actress as she is... because this material has totally ruined Kate.
                                                I get what your saying but I think your missing the fact that it's not just about the feelings she still has for Daniel. It's about being made to look like a fool. She went out of her way to praise both Chloe and Daniel. She accepted Chloe. She opened her heart to Daniel and put her relationship with Chelsea on the line to be with him. Then they both stabbed her and her son in the back. Add in the history she already had with breaking Philip's heart and how vulnerable Kate was coming off of cancer treatment and it's recipe for her going over the edge. Kate is not one who likes being made a fool of and she's also hurt. Just because Daniel did something with Chloe does not mean the feelings go away either. She went through some heavy stuff with Daniel. Let's remember Kate has slept with and had feelings for two men her daughter, Billie, dated (Nicholas, Roman) and had no problem going after Daniel when her own granddaughter was with him. Kate's a screwed up character, The whole Roberts family is screwed up. It's not unrealistic for her to still have feelings for Daniel and be attracted to him despite everything. I don't see it as her longing for him or necessarily wanting to be with him again. She just still has feelings for him and deep down I think she cares about him. She's made her own mistakes, especially with infidelity as Victor noted today. I think it's just the emotions and pain that is driving her and I think sooner or later she will realize she just lost control of things because of her vengeful acts, just like she did after what happened in 2001.

The character of Kate has had poor writing for her for eons. Her crimes are consistently slept under the rug and most times all she ever does is interfere in Lucas' life. At least this regime seems to stick with a consistent direction and at least gives her some motivation beyond just doing things for her son. This is personal for her. To me, this is no worse then 2000-2001 when Kate went completely nuts and turned on Victor and helped orchestrate the coronation massacre. She came back from that and she will most likely come back from this.

34K15
                                                AdminAdmin
                                                34K15

Jul 29, 2009#24

PhoenixRising05 wrote:The character of Kate has had poor writing for her for eons.
                                                  As bad as the writing for Kate has been in the past, at least she was never written as being pathetic like she is now. That's one thing that Kate Roberts is NOT.

17K258
                                                  King/QueenKing/Queen
                                                  17K258

Jul 29, 2009#25

Mason wrote:
                                                    PhoenixRising05 wrote:The character of Kate has had poor writing for her for eons.
                                                    As bad as the writing for Kate has been in the past, at least she was never written as being pathetic like she is now. That's one thing that Kate Roberts is NOT.
                                                    The fact that she has done pretty much nothing else for the past decade but interfere in her childrens' lives is not pathetic? Ok...

Even her romance with Roman was flawed because they chose to slide all of her crimes under the rug. All Kate is to every writer since Langan is a meddling mother and maybe once in awhile she gets tossed a romance bone but usually that doesn't last long. The writing for her has been pathetic before this regime and has been since JER left the first time pretty much. I will give Langan and Tomlin/Whitesell credit. They at least make it about more then just her doing this for her children. They make it personal for her too.

It's no coincidence, also, that the two times Kate has resorted to extreme measures like murder it's been under Whitesell's pen. He wrote in 2001 when she went vengeful psycho the first time and here he is writing now.

34K15
                                                    AdminAdmin
                                                    34K15

Jul 29, 2009#26

PhoenixRising05 wrote:
                                                      Mason wrote:
                                                      The fact that she has done pretty much nothing else for the past decade but interfere in her childrens' lives is not pathetic? Ok...
                                                      That was shit too, but at least that was true to her character.

17K258
                                                      King/QueenKing/Queen
                                                      17K258

Jul 29, 2009#27

Mason wrote:
                                                        PhoenixRising05 wrote:
                                                        Mason wrote: Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
                                                        That was shit too, but at least that was true to her character.
                                                        It's all she became about for nearly a decade, with the exception of the Roman and John stuff. That is an issue in and of itself.

I don't think this is out of character at all but whatever.

Earl/CountessEarl/Countess

Jul 29, 2009#28

PhoenixRising05 wrote:
                                                          Mason wrote:

Even her romance with Roman was flawed because they chose to slide all of her crimes under the rug. All Kate is to every writer since Langan is a meddling mother and maybe once in awhile she gets tossed a romance bone but usually that doesn't last long. The writing for her has been pathetic before this regime and has been since JER left the first time pretty much. I will give Langan and Tomlin/Whitesell credit. They at least make it about more then just her doing this for her children. They make it personal for her too.

It's no coincidence, also, that the two times Kate has resorted to extreme measures like murder it's been under Whitesell's pen. He wrote in 2001 when she went vengeful psycho the first time and here he is writing now.
                                                          Kate does not pine after men who hurt her family or who have no interest in her. To write her in any other way indicates that Tomlin and Co. do not understand the character or simply don't care. She has never been written worse than she has been under Tomlin's regime.

34K15
                                                          AdminAdmin
                                                          34K15

Jul 29, 2009#29

PhoenixRising05 wrote:I don't think this is out of character at all but whatever.
                                                            Bullshit it's not out of character! Kate would never act this way because of a man.

Jul 29, 2009#30

WTF are they doing to Kate? This is so ridiculous!
                                                              banner by cadence

Read more posts (23 remaining)