Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: A Closer Look: Mia; August 11th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Jul 29 2009, 11:27 AM (1,524 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

This week's SOW features an interview with Taylor Spreitler (Mia).

Chad and Kinsey have a plan to break up Will and Mia, but Will and Mia have no idea about this. Kinsey ends up making a play for Will, but he rejects her.

Later, Mia tells Will that she's not a virgin. Spreitler says, "Mia has lied so much about so many things; she just wants to be honest about something." Spreitler continues that Mia is relieved after she tells Will, but Mia's also worried because she doesn't want Will to think she's like Kinsey.

SOW says that Will is "shocked by Mia's revelation and appalled that Chad was her first". Mia thinks that Will doesn't want anything more to do with her, so she leaves. She thinks the relationship is over.

Chad finds Mia in the park crying, and they begin to discuss their past. But then Will comes, and their conversation is interrupted.

Chad leaves, and Will tells Mia he loves her. He kisses her; Spreitler says that the kiss "makes her smile" and that she's happy in light of what she told Will about her not being a virgin. However, "there is always worry in the back of her mind that he is going to find out abut the baby and everything else she has lied about. Will has already told her how much hates liars."

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

I just could not care less about the teen angst of whether a boy can accept a girl if she's not a virgin. I know there's more to the story, but I just don't care.

But thanks for posting, Ellie! Don't mean to sound ungrateful. :wave:

mbdimera
Member Avatar

Thanks Ellie.

It's been more years than I care to count since I was a teenager, but even back in my time I don't remember it being shocking that a 16-year-old was no longer a virgin. :shrug:

daysfan
Member Avatar

Quote:

Chad and Kinsey have a plan to break up Will and Mia, but Will and Mia have no idea about this. Kinsey ends up making a play for Will, but he rejects her.

Well, hello Jan-I mean, Kinsey! :P

Rest of the article sounds okay.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Aww....how cute. I love Will and Mia but is Kinsey really necessary? I can't stand her or the actress LOL.

six
Member Avatar

mbdimera
Jul 29 2009, 11:35 AM
Thanks Ellie.

It's been more years than I care to count since I was a teenager, but even back in my time I don't remember it being shocking that a 16-year-old was no longer a virgin. :shrug:
Yea, what is Will, a puritan or something? If he isn't ready, that's fine, but that shouldn't be earth shattering. Especially since he, himself is the product of teenage pregnancy.

peaches179

I can't believe they wrote an article about this. :rolleyes:

Thanks, Ellie!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

six
Jul 29 2009, 12:02 PM
mbdimera
Thanks Ellie.

Yea, what is Will, a puritan or something? If he isn't ready, that's fine, but that shouldn't be earth shattering. Especially since he, himself is the product of teenage pregnancy.
I think it's more about Chad then the issue of her being a virgin because she knows Will hates him and may not like the idea that she went that far with a guy like that. I just think Mia is embarrassed too because this, along with the lies she told Will about the drugs, makes her really look this wild girl that did nothing but party with drugs and sex. I think that is her concern when telling him and she thinks Will will see her in a bad light but he sees that isn't really who she is.

daysfan
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jul 29 2009, 11:54 AM
Aww....how cute. I love Will and Mia but is Kinsey really necessary? I can't stand her or the actress LOL.
Like others and even I have said, since Will/Mia are kind of the new Shelle, I feel like they may want Kinsey to be the new Jan or something...maybe I'm wrong, but its just a wild hunch.

But I do think its way too soon for that, if what I think is true...they still need time to continue building Will/Mia, and while Chad is necessary because of Grace, Kinsey isn't at the moment IMO.

jane1978

six
mbdimera
Thanks Ellie.

I think Mia is still 15. And Iīm not teenager either but the girl looks so sweet and innocent and acts so chaste when is around Will I would be shocked too. Here is Will, still playing the old "we are just friend" trick so she doesnīt feel he is pushing her into anything and suddenly he discovers she already went all the way out with Chad? I think thatīs huge.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

daysfan
Jul 29 2009, 12:15 PM
PhoenixRising05
Jul 29 2009, 11:54 AM
Like others and even I have said, since Will/Mia are kind of the new Shelle, I feel like they may want Kinsey to be the new Jan or something...maybe I'm wrong, but its just a wild hunch.

But I do think its way too soon for that, if what I think is true...they still need time to continue building Will/Mia, and while Chad is necessary because of Grace, Kinsey isn't at the moment IMO.
I don't think she is necessary, period LOL.

I would rather they brought on someone connected to a family in Salem. Hell, SORAS Joy Wesley and make her a bad girl and toss her in with Will and Mia. Kinsey just seems like a waste of time and the actress is just horrible.

doolcrazy
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting this. I like Mia and Will and enjoy their scenes for the most part. I'm really not into the teen aspect of the show but these two do stand out. Tad, Kinsey and the rest can go away IMO. I know so well some of the conflict Mia is going through having been a teen mother though the circumstances were different in my case. There was still the conflict of do I or don't I tell and who do I tell and not tell. I am really enjoying Taylor as Mia and look forward to this story developing. I just hope they don't bust her and Will up.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

jane1978
Jul 29 2009, 12:18 PM
six
mbdimera
Thanks Ellie.

I think Mia is still 15. And Iīm not teenager either but the girl looks so sweet and innocent and acts so chaste when is around Will I would be shocked too. Here is Will, still playing the old "we are just friend" trick so she doesnīt feel he is pushing her into anything and suddenly he discovers she already went all the way out with Chad? I think thatīs huge.
I agree.

I do wish they would have Mia stop acting that way around Will though. Now that all this is out in the open, I hope she kind of just relaxes a little around him and shows more of a fun side. I know the baby secret is still hanging over her head but I don't think that means she can't relax and have a little fun every now and then. Alot of the time she is just prim and proper and way too serious.

Ellie

jane1978
Jul 29 2009, 12:18 PM
I agree - I think you said Jane a few weeks ago that this is unusual in a way for Days, in that their teens are generally more innocent than this, especially their teen heroines. Now, I have no idea how they'll write it or how it will play out, but as you're saying, I don't think the premise is a problem.

esp13
Member Avatar

I must have gotten old and crotchety somewhere along the way because I remember when Jennifer's virginity was an issue for her and Glenn and then her and Frankie and I was at least mildly interested in that storyline 20+ years ago. But, this whole thing just makes me giggle. Of course, the fact that I find none of the teens to be particularly decent actors or remotely compelling characters probably doesn't help matters much.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

esp13
Jul 29 2009, 12:37 PM
I must have gotten old and crotchety somewhere along the way because I remember when Jennifer's virginity was an issue for her and Glenn and then her and Frankie and I was at least mildly interested in that storyline 20+ years ago. But, this whole thing just makes me giggle. Of course, the fact that I find none of the teens to be particularly decent actors or remotely compelling characters probably doesn't help matters much.
Well, we were 20+ years younger then ourselves. :) I don't find the "will he think I'm a slut if he knows I'm not a virgin?" question or even the "when should I lose it?" question remotely as interesting as I found it when I myself was a teenager. These just aren't questions that have any relevance to my life anymore. Not that babyswitching or my mother-in-law framing my lover who I don't have for a pre-marriage affair or my husband's non-existent mysteriously dead former fiancee have any relevance either.

Ellie

^^ LOL - I think part of the issue though is that Mia is hiding the fact that she has/had a kid. Hopefully that will be dealt with at some point. So though she's letting on now that she's not a virgin, the issue is that she's also a teen mother.

esp13
Member Avatar

Yeah, I'm sure that the age thing is part of it. While the other storylines don't have particular relevance to my life, they at least involve emotions I can allegedly relate to. The fear about my maybe boyfriend finding out I'm not a virgin isn't one I can relate to in any way at this point in my life. I suppose the whole thing was more relevant to me 20+ years ago. Although, even then I thought the whole obsession with the virgin girlfriend was overplayed.

ytumbler8
Member Avatar

hey says he loves her and kisses her. awwwww how sweet

littlemony
Member Avatar
Queen of the Underground

Blah, stupid story, but thanks for posting! I hope Will gets curious and decides to read Mia's journal on her computer and finds out the WHOLE truth.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply