Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Michael Sabatino Confirmed To Return
Topic Started: Jul 30 2009, 12:28 PM (3,095 Views)
LovingDays

Michael Sabatino Back To Salem
On Monday, Digest jumped the gun by making an announcement on our site that Sabatino (ex-Lawrence) will return to DAYS. Now Sabatino's wife, Crystal Chappell (Olivia, GL; ex-Carly, DAYS), who is also set to reprise her DAYS role in August, has confirmed it via the following Twitter post: "Michael will indeed pop up on DOOL."

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking/

Crystal Chappell announced earlier today on her official Twitter account that her husband, Michael Sabatino, will be returning to "Days" this fall as Lawrence Alamain. Sabatino and Chappell last appeared on "Days" in October 1993. http://www.jason47.com

https://twitter.com/crystalchappell
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Someone needs to ask CC on her Twitter if it's a long-term return and not short-term. Only reason I ask is because I can see where this could be short-term.

Hell, maybe I will go and ask myself.

LovingDays

i hope its long term why would they come back for a short term

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

LovingDays
Jul 30 2009, 12:32 PM
Well, CC is obviously long-term and Sorel seems that way too but I can see Sabatino being short-term or recurring just because I can see them feeling as though they don't need him beyond playing him when Carly and Vivian first return.

I asked CC on her twitter. We'll see if she answers and what she says.

Harmony233

PhoenixRising05
Jul 30 2009, 12:39 PM
LovingDays
Jul 30 2009, 12:32 PM
Well, CC is obviously long-term and Sorel seems that way too but I can see Sabatino being short-term or recurring just because I can see them feeling as though they don't need him beyond playing him when Carly and Vivian first return.

I asked CC on her twitter. We'll see if she answers and what she says.
I hope hes not short term.Lawrence was one of my favorite villians.

lastDays
Member Avatar

Perhaps he is coming back for flashback purposes.How the f*** is Days able to afford an onslaught of more characters on the canvas when its nearing cancellation? I didn't think we would get away with one of these two without the other coming aboard,too.They seem to be a soap package deal

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I see Sabatino's return being short-term, just to explain Carly's return. I could see Sorel's return being short-term as well.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I think Sabatino's return is short term as well. The way Crystal said Michael would be popping up in Salem sounds like a short stint to me. Even if it starts out short term there is always the chance he could end up staying long term.

jane1978

DrewHamilton
Jul 30 2009, 01:14 PM
I see Sabatino's return being short-term, just to explain Carly's return. I could see Sorel's return being short-term as well.
I think he is short term too. I really donīt see how they can use him for the triangle and we already have two villain families in Salem with mostly nothing to do.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

However, a Lawrence & Kate pairing could cause quite a few problems for people...

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Didn't Corday say something about no more stuff from 16 years ago or whatever?

I'm interested in all of this. But...I really hope they realize they have to do more than what they did with Patch/Kayla. I've never seen these people on screen, I don't know the characters, there's not going to be insta-love just 'cause they're from the past.

I hope they can pull this off.

LovingDays

i hope its long term caz crystal said that she is moving with all her family to i dont know where so i think it could be a long term

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

jane1978
Jul 30 2009, 01:24 PM
DrewHamilton
I think he is short term too. I really donīt see how they can use him for the triangle and we already have two villain families in Salem with mostly nothing to do.
I think it depends on if Joe Mascolo is leaving. His contract is up in August, although I think we would've heard something by now and Joe said he would stay as long as he continues to be used properly.

I do have a feeling this is short-term or recurring though. I mean, I think the Alamain's are right up Tomlin's alley but I just don't see the show wanting to keep adding more and more people like this. I do think Sorel is long-term though because with the way Kate and Victor have been used and with Carly returning, I can see potential there. Plus, I doubt Sorel would return short-term after the way things ended up when she left Days. She was upset with what had happened in her final years on the show so I think they had to go he extra mile in getting her back. Then again, with Tomlin steering the ship and not Corday right now, maybe that was incentive enough.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Long term, short term, I don't care.....I'm looking forward to seeing him return just before the writing destroys his character. Perhaps Lawrence could actually be a good opponent for EJ. I'd watch that.

jane1978

PhoenixRising05
Jul 30 2009, 01:32 PM
jane1978
Jul 30 2009, 01:24 PM
DrewHamilton
I think it depends on if Joe Mascolo is leaving. His contract is up in August, although I think we would've heard something by now and Joe said he would stay as long as he continues to be used properly.

I do have a feeling this is short-term or recurring though. I mean, I think the Alamain's are right up Tomlin's alley but I just don't see the show wanting to keep adding more and more people like this. I do think Sorel is long-term though because with the way Kate and Victor have been used and with Carly returning, I can see potential there. Plus, I doubt Sorel would return short-term after the way things ended up when she left Days. She was upset with what had happened in her final years on the show so I think they had to go he extra mile in getting her back. Then again, with Tomlin steering the ship and not Corday right now, maybe that was incentive enough.
Well, CC says "Michael will indded pop up in Salem" That doesnīt sound like a major role.

But whatīs more interesting, she already seems to have some knowledge about her initial storyline. She says "no love interest for Carly for a long time." And "Carly 2.0 is not Bo/Carly redux. Not what people would expect. I like it though!"

And there are also some hints about Daniel and her being a classic soap doctor.

I think it will be very slow start.

Dr. Chip

Interesting, because it was a slow start for her the last time she was on. First she met Justin and Adrienne in Tahiti, then she worked at the hospital, then she was Jennifer's old friend, then she and Marcus were pals, and then she met Bo. But she seemed like a blah character for a little while.

Surely, though, they're not bringing her back to be another Lexie who does nothing but read charts, deliver babies, and do brain surgery!

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I bet it is short term too.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I know he was on DOOL first,but I only knew him as his PASSIONS character.I only wish John were still on,I know he and Lawrence didn't care for eachother.

Keith
Member Avatar

Its going to be interesting to see Lawrence back, for short term or long term. I wish it had been timed differently though, with Steve, Kayla, and John now off-screen.

lazydazes
Member Avatar

I'm glad to see Lawrence back in Salem. I do wish that Steve were around so that they mystery of his past could be revealed. It was Lawrence all along who took Steve's body.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply