Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Topic Started: Jul 30 2009, 01:15 PM (1,127 Views)
Edge1978
Member Avatar

OMG Does anyone remember this one?? With Mary, Rose, Pearl and of course my personal fave, Sandra Clark!

I loved this show. Sandra and Mary always going at it made the show for me. When Sandra left at the end of the 4th season, they should've ended the series. It was never the same again IMO> :shame:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Is the show you speak of? I had to Youtube to see if it rings a bell and it doesn't ...

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

^ That's the show. It come on NBC in the mid 80's. I personally never watched, but I caught some reruns back in 2004. It was decent.

Tom

I'm watching it on Crackle right now.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

I literally watched this every Saturday night on NBC, right after The Golden Girls and I worshipped it.

I think I actually enjoyed it more than Girls and for a gay man to say that, well it is almost sacrilegious ... but back in the mid-1980's these shows didn't have "gay followings," etc. that didn't really happen until they moved into syndication 10-15 years later.

Saturday nights on NBC were fantastic for an adolescent gay boy and this show was the icing on the cake!

King of Hearts
Member Avatar

I'm 22 years old and wasn't even born when the episodes first aired.

Sandra Clark made 227. The others were funny, but Sandra stole the show, even when she was guest appearing but when she departed 227 was the same again, not enjoyable.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

Hooks
Feb 3 2013, 11:42 PM
I'm 22 years old and wasn't even born when the episodes first aired.

Sandra Clark made 227. The others were funny, but Sandra stole the show, even when she was guest appearing but when she departed 227 was the same again, not enjoyable.
Jackee Harry was the bomb. I remember when she won the Emmy in the summer of 1987. Everybody and their award-predicting dog said it would be Estelle Getty and it turned out to be Harry.

As far as the show going downhill in it's final year, yep it did ... but this happens with so many shows. I remember loving the hell out of Empty Nest from 1988 to 1993, but that last year or so when they moved the show's central location out of the hospital and into some other (I don't remember it all), it was just dreadful and of course, got the ax in 1995.

Hated when The Mary Tyler Moore Show changed Mary's apartment, too! And no, I don't remember watching that in the 1970's ... okay, maybe a little lol.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Retro TV Talk · Next Topic »
Add Reply