Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Louise Sorel interview with soaps.com
Topic Started: Jul 31 2009, 03:33 PM (1,242 Views)
Ellie

http://www.soaps.com/daysofourlives/news/4987/Exclusive_Interview_with_Days_Of_Our_Lives_Louise_

Louise took the time to chat with Soaps.com from her home in New York, Wednesday July 29 about her return to Daytime, her thoughts on her past in soaps and the future of soaps.

Soaps.com: "Are you going to be traveling back and forth to California for DAYS?"

Louise: "Well, I will be out in California for DAYS and traveling back to NY when I can (not as often as Iíd like, because itís my home and I love it). I just left California six months ago; itís insane! They always do this joke about ĎMake a reservation or plan a trip and youíll get a job.í So, I made more than a reservation, more than planned a trip, I left LA and look what happened!"

Soaps.com: "Your soon to be Co-Star Crystal Chappell (Carly Manning) traveled like that for Guiding Light until she and her family moved to NY."

Louise: "Yes, she did. Michael and Crystal have been good friends for a long time. They kept their home in LA, so they are still rooted there. It was my home too, but I gave it all up when I moved to NY. But, they didnít give up their home out there, so they are lucky. They have a place to go to. I donít even have a place to stay yet. I gave up my home! (Laughter)Ö

Soaps.com: "Wow, I really thank you for taking the time to speak with me today when you have so much going on!"

Louise: "Iím sorta paralyzed, so I Ďm doing nothing. When in doubt, stand still!"

Soaps.com: "How did this whole DAYS comeback happen?

Louise: "They called me! (Laughter)Ö I donít know whose idea it was or anything because I havenít been there in so long. People have changed, they have a new producer whom I know from years ago; heís done everything. Gary Tomlin, heís written, produced and directed."

Soaps.com: "Wasnít he on Santa Barbara with you?"

Louise: "I believe he was. I think he was writing then. You know, itís a whole world that I really didnít know anything about until I did Santa Barbara. Everybody knows everybody and they sort of move around from show to show. Thatís how I knew him originally is when he was a writer and of course, we both have Wheaton Terriers, and thatís the important thing! Iíve run into him a few times but never worked with him in this aspect before. But, I donít know whose idea it was to bring Vivian back on the show. It couldíve been the writers. I believe Dena Higley is on there and I think sheís written a script or two for me before in daytime."

Soaps.com: "Do you know if this is going to be a short or long term thing?"

Louise: "It is a contract role. It was going to be a really long one, but because Iím a New Yorker now, I couldnít speculate on a long term situation, so we opted for a year and we will see what happens. Itís just all so unexpected to say the least!"

Soaps.com: "Well I can assure you that the fans are excited about this news."

Louise: "Are they really?"

Soaps.com: "Oh yes. When we first heard that Carly was coming back, everyone thought Ďwell, you canít bring Carly back without bringing the woman that buried her alive!í Then reading the messages boards, many of them want Vivian to come back and put Kate in her place since sheís gotten a little out of control lately."

Louise: "Okay. We sort of had a lot of that earlier on with Kate and Vivian. You know the usual catfight. Then I stole her embryo and all that madness. So, itíll be fun! Itís always fun when your character gets to be a little mischievous on these shows. So, I will just be another annoying, mischievous person.

Soaps.com: "Do you have a start date as of yet?"

Louise: "No start date as of yet. I know it will be in September, which means a possible October air date."

Soaps.com: "DAYS probably has a lot of viewers now that donít know who Vivian is. How would you describe her to them?"

Louise: "Well, I donít know how they are going to write her this time around, but I would say that she has a wicked sense of humor. (Laughter)Ö She is certainly on her own track and sheís arrogant, well traveled, and has a peculiar sense of morality. Vivian is very brave and is probably someone that you would want to have on your side."

Soaps.com: "Remind us all how Vivian left Salem."

Louise: Oh, she left the way that I would like to leave the planet! With her butler, $40 million in cash and a limousine!"

Soaps.com: "And the door left wide open right?"

Louise: "Yes! Ivan and I had a really good time. A lot of funny stuff, and thatís how we left the show. In truth, Iíd rather have stayed on the showÖAnd, I didnít get the $40 million!"

Soaps.com: "Itís hard to imagine Vivian coming back without Ivan. Do you have any news or rumors of him returning as well?"

Louise: "Not a word. I have no idea. He does call me every once in a while from the various places he finds himself."

Soaps.com: "Has he called you since he found out about you returning to DAYS?"

Louise: "I donít know that he knows. I donít know if heís in touch with the business right now or not. Itís been a few months since I spoke with him. He might call, we will see.

Soaps.com: "What do you think motivated Vivian?"

Louise: "That was something that I always questioned. They did write some things that gave some back story of her being deeply hurt. That doesnít necessarily warrant the stealing of someoneís embryo or burying someone alive; you just canít even justify those things! You just do it and hope that someone finds it funny. But, there was a lot of hurt and there were scenes written a long time ago that I was so happy for. They showed you her soft side and her lonely side. She walked in on her husband and found him with another woman and all that stuff. You always have to have one of those characters thatís sort of unexpected and sort of over the top with how she lives her life. I think itís a fun character and I donít know that you can say that you could justify all of that, nor do you have to really.

Soaps.com: "Have you watched DAYS much since you left?"

Louise: "Not a lot since Iíve been doing some writing and other things. I havenít seen a lot, but Iíve certainly looked at it and noticed a lot of new people."

Soaps.com: "Thatís a lot of possibilities for Vivian to get at people that wonít see her coming!"

Louise: "Lets hope so!"

Soaps.com: "Tell us your hopes for Vivian this time around. Do you want her to be nice or evil?"

Louise: "It canít be any one thing. No one is just evil. I know the show has toned down a bit with James Reilly being gone. God knows he gave me wonderfully crazy things to do. But, I do hope that Vivian still has her humor and that sheís mischievous and annoying."

Soaps.com: "Do you have a favorite episode or dastardly deed that you did while playing Vivian?"

Louise: "Out of 8 year? (Laughter)Ö. Itís more like images that stand out and still make me laugh. Once they had us jumping out of a plane with parachutes, and when Ivan falls out of the plane, his parachute doesnít work. So, he grabs hold of my ankles and I start trying to fly with my arms (itís hard to explain, but itís visually funny), and then I land in a tree. Itís all this silly, crazy stuff. Then I was Mary with a Little Lamb and they brought in a real lamb. The lamb became scared and decided to let it all loose on the set. That was grilling for the producers! I was Mary, a huge hypothyroid Mary. Crazy things that they had me doing, but not one specific show. The box of French friesÖ I thought that would do me in! The costume designer was afraid to tell me. He said, ĎLouise, do you wanna know what youíre doing tomorrow?í I said, Ďprobably not!í He responded, ĎI donít think you do!í I read the script that night and found out that I was a box of French fries. They literally made a box of fries that would fit over me and I think Ivan was a hamburger or something. James Reilly I think that was. I look back on that and think what fun things to do! No one specific show, just lots of fragments of things."

Soaps.com: "What are you most looking forward to?"

Louise: "I have no information at this point. I really donít know what I will be doing, but am looking forward to it all. Itís going to be very interesting to find out how they are going to weave me inÖ. you know, since they wove me out! (Laughter)Ö.

Soaps.com: Who are you most looking forward to working with again?

Louise: Oh, they were all such a really nice group. I mostly worked with Ivan, John Aniston, Allison, Lauren, Bryan Datillo (heís so adorable) and Adrienne is very sweet too.

Soaps.com: "Daytime television has changed quite a bit over the past few years. What do you see for the future with Guiding Light being canceled and NBC only having one soap?

Louise: "I canít really comment because, I donít know. It looks a little unsettling because of reality shows and money is short. Networks are pulling in and lots of people (as Iím sure youíve heard) are being asked to take cuts and their cutting back in a lot of areas with the way theyíre shooting. Iím not knowledgeable enough to comment any further than that. I just hope people get to keep working!"

Soaps.com: Absolutely! Well, one thing about DAYS is that it probably has one of (if not the most) loyal fan bases out there."

Louise: "Yes they do, and they say what they think!"

Soaps.com: "They would probably get together and burn NBC down if they canceled DAYS. They are that loyal!"

Louise: "You know, I was told that way back when I first started on the show. I was doing Santa Barbara and then I went on DAYS 6 months later. Someone told me that you have never known a fan base until you get on Days of Our Lives. Of course, SB was a new show at the time and hadnít developed that yet, and they were right! Michael Logan told me, Ďwait until you find out what the fans are like on DAYS!í They are very loyal and they are fierce. I donít normally do this, but once I got the call, I went to some of the online sites. It was a little unnerving that one of them had already announced that I was back, but I wasnít at the time. Anyway, that doesnít matter now. I was online looking at some of the things they write. I thought, ĎOh My God, Iíd better not read this cause everyone is not going to like me or Vivian; they are rough! I read a couple of things and said ĎI canít do this.í You just canít read that stuff if itís negative!"

Soaps.com: "Whatís been keeping you busy most recently?"

Louise: Iíve been studying writing and working on Memoirs. Iíve done a lot of play reading in New York."

Soaps.com: "Are you going to continue your writing while on DAYS?"

Louise: "Oh yes. Iíve started it and I really love it! I like my writing and maybe one day will be able to get it out to the fans."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Can't wait to see her in action this fall.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Great interview! She sounds thoroughly excited...and completely overwhelmed.

Come on, October!!!

Thanks for posting! :)

Mason
Member Avatar

SO. FUCKING. EXCITED.

I'm glad that she has a contract and should be around for at least a year. I figured it would be something like that, since I didn't believe she would accept anything less.

I just cannot wait to see Vivian Alamain back on my screen again!

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Quote:

I believe Dena Higley is on there and I think sheís written a script or two for me before in daytime.

Ha! I guess I'll now fall in line with those who've argued that she's not doing very much lately.

Also loved what she said about sometimes you don't justify you just play it and hope for the best.

Heck, I loved the whole thing. It's weird but she comes off both aloof and enthusiastic. Can't wait to see what they do with her (and they'd better do something!).

Thanks for posting!!
Edited by px780, Jul 31 2009, 04:09 PM.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I'm glad to hear she has a one year contract. I can't wait to see Vivian interact with Victor, Kate, Carly and Lawrence.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I listed to the Bussworthy interview and read this back to back and thought it was stunning that the show wanted her for a long time. Louise indicated that they settled on a year because she had relocated to NY and she thought it best for both sides to see how things turn out. It seems the show has a long-term plan at work here, which is no surprise since the show has maintained a consistent long term plan in most regards since Tomlin and Whitesell came on board.

I also figured Louise would want something lengthy. Very excited. On her Buzzworthy interview, she said her understanding was she came in with a bang, which is appropriate given who she is and how she came in the last time.

Great interview. Can't wait to see her onscreen.

Keith
Member Avatar

So happy she's there for a year, and that it seems like the show wanted her for even more.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Glad to find out she has a year contract...That's a good amount of time for now and if the return is successful, I have a feeling she would stay..

jhartfelt

Wouldn't it be a twist to find out that Vivian wasn't a true Alimain and she was Carly's mother!!!! Kinda the whole Katherine/Jill twist on Y&R. Mortal enemies turn out to be mother/daughter.

Nicole Walker

This is great!

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

jhartfelt
Aug 3 2009, 12:09 PM
Wouldn't it be a twist to find out that Vivian wasn't a true Alimain and she was Carly's mother!!!! Kinda the whole Katherine/Jill twist on Y&R. Mortal enemies turn out to be mother/daughter.
I don't want them to plunder the past. Draw on it for personality traits/tendencies. Fill in the gap years in a reasonable, entertaining way. Move forward with the character in a way that makes sense given what some of us have seen before and what we all missed when they ditched the character for a bit.

But paternity/maternity, basic family relationships- I want that left alone. There's no chance they'll pull it off well (see, for example, Stefano's father + Shawn's secret Sister sister = John; the Brady/Dimera war all because Stefano is a big whiny bitch), and some stuff is already beyond convoluted (see, um, John. Or Steve/Patch- whatever the hell that was about).

Harmony233

Anyone remeber when the Brady's used to whine about the evil Alamains.Then they hinted that John was given to the Alamains to protect them from the Dimerias.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply