Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Promo for wk of August 3rd; Are Sami and Rafe over for good?
Topic Started: Jul 31 2009, 04:18 PM (1,608 Views)
SoapGal1
Member Avatar

One can hope they are over.....they've got to be the most boring couple on TV!! :sleep:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Sindacco
Aug 1 2009, 05:03 AM
PhoenixRising05
Aug 1 2009, 01:47 AM
The person who edits and produces the promos responded to my questions on her Twitter. She claimed that the promos are made shorter now because the network no longer shows them much, if at all. Translation: the promo is basically shown online, which is why I guess they don't put as much in them anymore unless there is a big story and then they do and maybe with a big event or story the network shows it a bit more.
The networks will show the promos even less now when they are short and crappy.
I think the decision to show then less happened well before the promos decreased in quality because she mentioned the decision to edit the promos shorter happened after they determined it was a waste to put alot into them due to them not being shown by the network. To me, it sounds like this is something that was decided on when Days got renewed by NBC. Maybe this even helps save money. Who knows.

Since the Brady/Dimera stuff ended in early 2008, I barely saw any promos on NBC and I do watch quite a bit of it's primetime programming. The only time for awhile that they seemed to air them was in late night and even that has stopped it seems.

She did hint at a change in direction with the promos and she implied that we may see more like the one a few weeks ago with several stories featured. She did not indicate that they would be longer but I wouldn't expect that anyway.

bellebelle

oh wow rafe walks out on sami again cus things arent going his way. :omg: i think they need to start playing these boots were made for walking song everytime rafe gets in a lil huff lol.

Faye

zzzzzzzz please >:O

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply