Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; Aug 3 - Aug 7, 2009
Topic Started: Aug 3 2009, 02:31 AM (4,663 Views)
Ellie

Days of Our Lives

August 3rd - August 7th, 2009

Classic Clip: Gina insists she's Hope, 1995.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Love Victor and Kate in scenes together. But it's so stupid that Victor lets Kate stay in the house for Philip's sake, he is a grown man, why does he need both his parents in the same house?

Remind me, why exactly do Stefano and Nicole want to break up Sami and Rafe?

I can't take Nicole's concern for Chloe seriously, or their friendship.

Yes Daniel, Lucas is THAT stupid! He can't put two and two together. Why can't Lucas just think back to when Kate didn't want him to eat whatever it was at the set?

So far August is to a boring start, I hope is not as bad as July which IMO has been the worst month in 2009, so far.
Edited by Sindacco, Aug 3 2009, 07:06 AM.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

The previews for tomorrow looked stupid.

Philip's goon is bleeding and Philip calls 911 and at the same time he is fixing his hair.

imahrguru
Member Avatar

Stephano hopes that if Sami and Rafe break up, that Rafe will leave town and won't discover the baby switch.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Yep, Stefano wants Rafe out of the way, so he will leave the babyswitch alone. He knows he is ex-FBI and will keep digging until he uncovers the truth. We know that the SAFE split is only temporary, so I am wondering what else Stefano or EJ has in mind to keep Rafe occupied?

Beth
Member Avatar

TPTB must have long term plans to keep Rafe on screen because they hired Lindsey Hartley to play Arianna. I'm thinking they separate for a short period of time but he will ultimately discover the baby switch. This will bring Sami and EJ back together in one way or another. Nicole will hopefully end up out on the street but who knows maybe EJ will appreciate what she did for him.

klements

I wish Nicole didn't have any remorse about the baby switch. An unapologetic villianess is much more interesting to me than the 'I can't believe what I've done' type.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

sami has some nerve today, going off on chloe for cheating on lucas. i mean seriously, not even two years ago, sami tells lucas that ej raped her, he shoots him to avenge sami, and the thanks he gets for all this is that he comes home from jail to find sami sleeping with the guy she claimed raped her. so fuck you, sami. the last thing i want to hear about is how awful chloe was for cheating on lucas. compared to the things sami has done to him, chloe is a frigging saint.

ok, whew. <end rant>

ETA: i'm surprised victor didn't call kate out when she used philip to get back into his good graces. hello...chloe was philip's first love. if he finds out what kate did to chloe and daniel, he's not going to be mad at victor for turning kate in.

daniel was pretty good today. lucas is the one i really haven't been impressed with. it doesn't help that he's such an idiot when it comes to what his mother is capable of. i am glad that brady and nicole seem to be suspicious of kate as well.
Edited by luvpumpkns, Aug 3 2009, 02:53 PM.

Alligato
Member Avatar

luvpumpkns
Aug 3 2009, 11:01 AM
sami has some nerve today, going off on chloe for cheating on lucas. i mean seriously, not even two years ago, sami tells lucas that ej raped her, he shoots him to avenge sami, and the thanks he gets for all this is that he comes home from jail to find sami sleeping with the guy she claimed raped her. so fuck you, sami. the last thing i want to hear about is how awful chloe was for cheating on lucas. compared to the things sami has done to him, chloe is a frigging saint.

ok, whew. <end rant>

ETA: i'm surprised victor didn't call kate out when she used philip to get back into his good graces. hello...chloe was philip's first love. if he finds out what kate did to chloe and daniel, he's not going to be mad at victor for turning kate in.

daniel was pretty good today. lucas is the one i really haven't been impressed with. it doesn't help that he's such an idiot when it comes to what his mother is capable of. i am glad that brady and nicole seem to be suspicious of kate as well.
luv - sometimes you just rock the words!

No shit about Sami! It's just like Sami to be so ready to condemn everyone else for what they did without having the facts knowing that she is a total selfish bitch herself who many times broke Lucas's heart. Sami is the total worst at throwing stones!

And no kidding! Lucas should use his brain and recall when Kate didn't want him to eat ANYTHING in Maggie's kitchen. So should Chris Matthews. It is difficult to watch Lucas be so damn stupid.

And again, just to put it out there...I don't know why I find SC so damn hot lately! Maybe it is the prison shirt with jeans. don't know. :)

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Sindacco
Aug 3 2009, 07:20 AM
The previews for tomorrow looked stupid.

Philip's goon is bleeding and Philip calls 911 and at the same time he is fixing his hair.
Have you seen Philip's hair? That's reason alone to call 911.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

luvpumpkns
Aug 3 2009, 11:01 AM
I think its because of Victor's overriding need to protect Phillip - finding out what Kate did will devastate him either way (Although when we find out Vivian is really Philip's mother, both Philip and Victor will throw Kate under the bus hehe - I kid, its just wishful thinking on my behalf :p )

I actually enjoyed today's episode alot. I have been on hiatus from this show since mid-June, so perhaps I'm not overexposed to the stories like everyone else. I didn't even FF the Sami scenes - very impressive for me!

I loved Kate and Victor's scenes. Nicole & Stefano were good too. Daniel was good too, Lucas a bit annoying - but at least he is acting in character i.e. clueless.

It was heavily shadowed today that the reason Kate has done all this is because she was scorned by Daniel. My first thoughts were this is OTT and stupid. Then i thought about it more and remembered Kate tried to have Victor offed when he left her for Nicole (regardless that she left him for Vincent Moroni). I guess her response can be considered muted this time as she hasnt planned another coronation masacre lol. I'm ok with the motivation for it. I'm just not sure where Kate goes from here onwards. I hope she stays on the show to battle Vivian!

lysie
Member Avatar

I only watched a very small portion of the show, but I have an issue...what is with the bra shots? I'm not a prude by any means, but whatever happened to the lingerie the women used to wear? A few weeks ago we had Chelsea just sitting around in bed in her bra, and today it was Sami. Both distracting for very opposite reasons. It looks tacky! I don't care that it's realistic. I don't want to see you lounging in your bra!

That being said, once she put on a shirt, I thought AS looked pretty today.

Allie...that kid does not want to be there. I don't blame her.

OH! And Rafe and Sami need to stop doing couch scenes (or scenes altogether would be good). Everytime they sit on that couch, they just sit and stare ahead. There's just no life in their eyes when they sit on that couch.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

aimees76
Member Avatar

I loved Sami sticking up for Lucas today. That was the real Sami that I have been missing for so long.

I will just be really happy when Daniel and Chloe are far, far away from Lucas and I don't have to watch any of this crappy s/l anymore. I cannot tolerate NB's "acting" (although her "coma" has been amazingly convincing ;) ) - I personally do not find SC attractive, and all their lusty groans over eeach other just give me the heebie jeebies. Can't ff'd them enough. Just make it end, please.

I'm finally caught up on Days and I don't much care. Blah. Just impatiently awaiting all the returns that will hopefully hold my attention.

Alligato
Member Avatar

You know, Aimee, I am not a Lumi for a few reasons, but I am staring at your banner and it's awesome. Really sums up the Lumi relationship, and as I watch the cringworthy Luloe scenes and the overbearing Safe scenes, I think that wouldn't raise too much of a fuss if they tried Lumi again. ;)

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

lysie
Aug 3 2009, 07:06 PM
I only watched a very small portion of the show, but I have an issue...what is with the bra shots? I'm not a prude by any means, but whatever happened to the lingerie the women used to wear? A few weeks ago we had Chelsea just sitting around in bed in her bra, and today it was Sami. Both distracting for very opposite reasons. It looks tacky! I don't care that it's realistic. I don't want to see you lounging in your bra!

I thought the same thing. At first I thought it was a nightie but I was taken aback that it was a bra. Doesn't seem realistic to me to lay in bed with a bra in bed, sounds uncomfortable.

jane1978

lysie

Halloween Family
[I thought the same thing. At first I thought it was a nightie but I was taken aback that it was a bra. Doesn't seem realistic to me to lay in bed with a bra in bed, sounds uncomfortable.

I think they can do either this, or the standart L shape bed talks where the women are holding the sheet convulsively under their chin even if there is no one else in the room except the men they just spend the night with. Both are nonsense in RL, so I quess some director or producer decided the bra shots are less evil.

Another reason I can see itīs easier to tape because the actress can just put off her top and slip into bed while with the L shape style she has to change and put on some strapless bra or pasties. The setup is longer and the actress has constantly hold the sheet which is very unconfortable, especially if the scene is long and with some movement, so there is a bigger chance she will make a mistake and they will have to reshoot.

Edited by jane1978, Aug 4 2009, 12:18 PM.

aimees76
Member Avatar

Alligato
Aug 3 2009, 08:43 PM
You know, Aimee, I am not a Lumi for a few reasons, but I am staring at your banner and it's awesome. Really sums up the Lumi relationship, and as I watch the cringworthy Luloe scenes and the overbearing Safe scenes, I think that wouldn't raise too much of a fuss if they tried Lumi again. ;)
:D :D :D
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
:rockon: :rockon:
:smooch:

My friend Hopscotch, from sony, made this awesome banner for me. I get a lot of compliments on it. I love that it shows a perfect summation of Lumi's rich history. They were so much better than the crapfest we are being force-fed these days, IMHO.

lysie
Member Avatar

jane1978
Aug 4 2009, 12:15 PM
lysie

Halloween Family
[I thought the same thing. At first I thought it was a nightie but I was taken aback that it was a bra. Doesn't seem realistic to me to lay in bed with a bra in bed, sounds uncomfortable.

I think they can do either this, or the standart L shape bed talks where the women are holding the sheet convulsively under their chin even if there is no one else in the room except the men they just spend the night with. Both are nonsense in RL, so I quess some director or producer decided the bra shots are less evil.

Another reason I can see itīs easier to tape because the actress can just put off her top and slip into bed while with the L shape style she has to change and put on some strapless bra or pasties. The setup is longer and the actress has constantly hold the sheet which is very unconfortable, especially if the scene is long and with some movement, so there is a bigger chance she will make a mistake and they will have to reshoot.

Or they could wear lingerie like they used to do. It's a lot more soapy. The bra is the first thing I take off. But that's just me...
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

lysie

That being said, once she put on a shirt, I thought AS looked pretty today.

Allie...that kid does not want to be there. I don't blame her.

OH! And Rafe and Sami need to stop doing couch scenes (or scenes altogether would be good). Everytime they sit on that couch, they just sit and stare ahead. There's just no life in their eyes when they sit on that couch.
Great post! And thank you for bringing up the bra thing...I was seriously thinking I must be the only one who feels that way. Sitting around in bed wearing lingerie...I get that. Wearing a bra? Not so much. I don't know about anyone else...but that's not the way I tend to snuggle... Just sayin'.

Amen on poor little Allie. Those twins are adorable and look so much like Alison Sweeney that it's almost scary...but as far as enjoying what they are doing? Yeah...not seeing it.

Rafe and Sami sitting and staring ahead. Rafe and Sami sitting and talking. Rafe and Sami doing the mattress mambo. It's all pretty much the same to me... ZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

But I do have to say...I've never found BD to be all that attractive but DAYUUUUM! He sure does clean up well. He looks great in that suit with the dark purple shirt.
Edited by SocRMum1, Aug 4 2009, 12:39 PM.

jane1978

lysie
Aug 4 2009, 12:35 PM
jane1978
Aug 4 2009, 12:15 PM
lysie

Halloween Family

Or they could wear lingerie like they used to do. It's a lot more soapy. The bra is the first thing I take off. But that's just me...
I think lingerie is a similar case. You still need some time for the actress to change and maybe redo her hair and makeup a little. I imagine those bed scenes are really just a few shots between other scenes, no changing, no pause for hair, just put the top off, hop in the bed, do your lines and hurry for the next scene.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply