Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; Aug 3 - Aug 7, 2009
Topic Started: Aug 3 2009, 02:31 AM (4,722 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

jane1978
Aug 4 2009, 01:06 PM
lysie
Aug 4 2009, 12:35 PM
jane1978
Aug 4 2009, 12:15 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
Or they could wear lingerie like they used to do. It's a lot more soapy. The bra is the first thing I take off. But that's just me...
I think lingerie is a similar case. You still need some time for the actress to change and maybe redo her hair and makeup a little. I imagine those bed scenes are really just a few shots between other scenes, no changing, no pause for hair, just put the top off, hop in the bed, do your lines and hurry for the next scene.
If that's the actual reason, that might be the laziest reason for having a bunch of trashy looking characters I've ever heard. I don't care what kind of schedule their on. This is a soap. Their supposed to look ridiculously glamourous in bed. And with Chelsea last month...that couldn't have been the case. That was pretty much the only wardrobe she had.
Edited by lysie, Aug 4 2009, 01:58 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

aimees76
Aug 3 2009, 08:01 PM
I loved Sami sticking up for Lucas today. That was the real Sami that I have been missing for so long.

I will just be really happy when Daniel and Chloe are far, far away from Lucas and I don't have to watch any of this crappy s/l anymore. I cannot tolerate NB's "acting" (although her "coma" has been amazingly convincing ;) ) - I personally do not find SC attractive, and all their lusty groans over eeach other just give me the heebie jeebies. Can't ff'd them enough. Just make it end, please.

I'm finally caught up on Days and I don't much care. Blah. Just impatiently awaiting all the returns that will hopefully hold my attention.
I agree with you Aimee. Your banner is great.

six
Member Avatar

This was the best episode in a long time. It's nice to see people actually remembering the past and putting things together instead of wandering around in hazes of stupidity. Lucas finally got a clue, and it's about time. I figured the deviled egg thing would be forgotten for months, but it was actually brought up all in the same day. He'd better not go back on it. At first I couldn't stand this story, but now it's pretty good. Too bad they couldn't have had that level of momentum from the beginning. It's also nice that the cops aren't idiots in this story.

Great scenes with Bo and Philip, too. I wish they'd leave Philip alone, though. Not everyone needs to be good on a soap. He could actually use a little more edge.

Arianna is no more a drug dealer than Rafe is a murderer. I'm still going with the "partners and not siblings" theory.
Edited by six, Aug 4 2009, 03:52 PM.

Days4Life

It was great to see Lucas finally getting a clue! Of course, how many times has he caught Kate in one of her schemes, they have a big blow up, he vows to never speak to her again, and before you know it everything is forgiven and forgotten and they are back to their usual dysfunctional relationship. It's past time Lucas recognizes the fact that Mommy is a manipulative bitch who will never let her children live their own lives. I'm so tired of the Kate character!

Nadia is turning in the best performance of her career. She's wonderful as a coma victim. I must admit I'm surprised she's in a standard hospital gown, though. I figured by now they would have her in some slinky low cut nightgown. You know, why hide the assets? I realize those are horrible, catty remarks, but I'm tired of the storyline. Let's move on...cure her or kill her. If I actually cared about Chloe and Daniel or the Chloe/Lucas marriage, maybe I'd feel differently, but I don't care and think the whole triangle has been a mess. Although, can you even call it a triangle when Lucas has been left on the outside of the story, with no real involvement besides being stupid and clueless?

Are we supposed to believe Arianna is a drug dealer? And her brother is an evil bride-killer? Seriously?

I still love Melanie. LOL at her using her powers for good! She's such a breath of fresh air, and I even hate Stephanie less when they are in scenes together. I'm confused by the Philip scenes. He's good/he's bad/he's conflicted/he wants to change/he doesn't want to change. Writers, make up your mind about who Philip Kiriakis is supposed to be!

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

i was shocked that ari turned out to be a drug dealer. if it turns out that something else innocent is going on, i'll be kind of pissed. i liked the idea that someone came up with that rafe's secret that emily found out was that his sister got busted for dealing drugs. we need some more 'bad' characters anyway, IMO, and i'm interested to see how LH plays ari.

glad lucas got a clue and remembered the egg incident. i have a bad feeling that kate is going to talk herself out of that one, tho. i thought it was hilarious that hope was so convinced that kate wouldn't touch chloe while daniel was in jail. after daniel was first barred from chloe's room, kate tried to unhook chloe's IV. she would have succeeded if lexie hadn't interrupted her.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

imahrguru
Aug 3 2009, 08:49 AM
Stephano hopes that if Sami and Rafe break up, that Rafe will leave town and won't discover the baby switch.
Which is stupid,cause if Rafe and Sami are broken up Rafe will mostly have more time on his hands if he's not always with Sami,I don't care who finds out,as long as this stupid sl gets overwith already.

This may sound odd,but I am happy Arianna is a drug dealer,lol,people keep going on and on how once Lindsay comes on she'll basically be Theresa again,well I don't remember Theresa being a drug dealer.
Edited by Snowing Fan, Aug 4 2009, 06:16 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

BalscoFan5
Aug 4 2009, 06:16 PM
imahrguru
Aug 3 2009, 08:49 AM
Stephano hopes that if Sami and Rafe break up, that Rafe will leave town and won't discover the baby switch.
Which is stupid,cause if Rafe and Sami are broken up Rafe will mostly have more time on his hands if he's not always with Sami,I don't care who finds out,as long as this stupid sl gets overwith already.

Presumably, if not for Sami, Rafe would leave Salem. Last time safe fought, he brought up that he was only staying there for her.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Does Higley think I was born yestarday,since when is a guest allowed to just mosey on into an inmates cell without any guard or anything? Kate just walks on into daniels jail cell without any guard with her AND the door in unlocked,yeah thats realistic.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ytumbler8
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Aug 3 2009, 07:04 AM

Remind me, why exactly do Stefano and Nicole want to break up Sami and Rafe?
start, I hope is not as bad as July which IMO has been the worst month in 2009, so far.
well stefano and nicole are worried that if sami is living with ex-fbi that he will do some digging and find out the babyswitch. cause he was all suspicious when he found out mia knew nicole and that mia "went to rehab". and he was trying to figure out all this stuff. so they are trying to breakup safe so they never find out that nicole has samis baby and mias died

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Yeah, and Stefano is hoping that Rafe will leave town. It says he will, but then today I read that "cagey Rafe tells Ari that he is leaving". That leads me to believe that he is not leaving Salem, but maybe going undercover to further investigate.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

luvpumpkns
Aug 4 2009, 05:45 PM
i was shocked that ari turned out to be a drug dealer. if it turns out that something else innocent is going on, i'll be kind of pissed. i liked the idea that someone came up with that rafe's secret that emily found out was that his sister got busted for dealing drugs. we need some more 'bad' characters anyway, IMO, and i'm interested to see how LH plays ari.
Ari's a drug dealer? I haven't seen the episode yet but maybe she a "good drug dealer" and not the bad kind. I would think if she was a dealer then Brady would make the perfect boyfriend as an addict, rich, good looking and muscles ready to bulge out his shirt on top of all that. I do hope Ari is more of a 'bad' character too because it makes me wonder how LH will play her.

heidi
Member Avatar

ytumbler8
Aug 4 2009, 07:40 PM
Sindacco

start, I hope is not as bad as July which IMO has been the worst month in 2009, so far.
well stefano and nicole are worried that if sami is living with ex-fbi that he will do some digging and find out the babyswitch. cause he was all suspicious when he found out mia knew nicole and that mia "went to rehab". and he was trying to figure out all this stuff. so they are trying to breakup safe so they never find out that nicole has samis baby and mias died
Are you sure Nicole has Sami's baby and that Mia's died? Not only is nobody in Salem ever really dead, but who knows who has who's baby at this point. I've been wondering if there was a third baby involved or a double switch. Only Dr. Baker knows!

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

heidi
Aug 4 2009, 09:26 PM
ytumbler8
Aug 4 2009, 07:40 PM
Sindacco

Are you sure Nicole has Sami's baby and that Mia's died? Not only is nobody in Salem ever really dead, but who knows who has who's baby at this point. I've been wondering if there was a third baby involved or a double switch. Only Dr. Baker knows!
It's certainly possible that Nicole's baby that she miscarried could still be alive since they've made a big deal about Sami and Nicole being pregnant at the same time, so Nicole's baby could have been viable. and thru the hands of Stefano anything is possible, I'm still holding out for EJ to have his evil twin come back into town.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

magicsteacher
Aug 4 2009, 08:18 PM
Yeah, and Stefano is hoping that Rafe will leave town. It says he will, but then today I read that "cagey Rafe tells Ari that he is leaving". That leads me to believe that he is not leaving Salem, but maybe going undercover to further investigate.
Well given that GG is not reported to be leaving the show and that in his recent interview he referred to the upcoming EJ/Sami/Rafe triangle I think it's a pretty good bet that Rafe isn't leaving town.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Shelley looked GORGEOUS today with the curly hair. I like Stephanie working at the hospital. It's nice to see her happy and showing personality. She needed this. The character needs some development time and has had far too much drama.

Loving Melanie. I loved her line about using her powers for good.

Jay Johnson was great today. One of his best acting days in eons. Loved his scenes with Bo and opposite Catherine Wadkins' character. I like that they brought her on, even for a short term role. I LOVED the final Philip/Stephanie scene with Philip about to break down and looking at Stephanie. The connection was on display and it was such a classic Days couple moment.

Bryan Dattilo finally brought it today. He had been disappointing me but today he shined and so did Lauren Koslow. Great scenes. Too bad Bryan went right back to sucking after the Kate stuff was over. I did like the end scene with Kate and Daniel. Such a classic soap scene.

Hope was in bitch mode today and I loved it. Glad Bo and Hope are on to Kate and it's been nice having Hope share scenes opposite Kate. I've always wanted tension with Hope and Kate due to all she did to get Bo and Billie together so I will take this LOL.

Nice to see Brady doing something other then counseling someone. I do see why Terrell was axed though. She was lifeless today. She overdid it on looking suspicious and did nothing to make the scenes with Brady work.

All in all, a fantastic episode.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Aug 5 2009, 12:41 AM.

jane1978

I must confess I really like Daniel lately. Itīs amazing how much his character grew and really found the right personality which works for him and SC. I love how he plays Daniel as this arrogant, moraly ambiguous, "I live my life my way and if you donīt like it, scr*w you" kind of guy. He is not bad, but nobody is trying to whitewash him into a hero either. I think itīs refreshing and I like they are using all his past and relationship history to build the conflict. Lucas made some great points about him and Chelsea and Kate. And I like how Daniel is not appologizing but rather is brutally honest with him. So many times soaps have leading characters who act questionable but the show pretends everything is ok because they want people to root for the character. With Daniel, everything is a fair game.
All things people complained about were brought up, from his "groping" pacients, his sexually predatory ways and going from granddaugter to grandmother to engaged woman. Victor even told Kate she was simply too old for Daniel and he traded her up for Chloe "younger and more voluptuous model." (I love this quote of his)

I think it makes him a really interesting soap character.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

I watched yesterday's episode and it was really good - I am almost shocked lol!

I only restarted watching on Friday so could someone please explain to me why Carlo was shot? Also where did Ari and drugs come from? Thats kinda left field...

six
Member Avatar

They were out of left field for the whole audience. There wasn't any backstory to what the Kiriakis' have been doing that would get Carlo killed. He just popped up yesterday wounded on the pier. As for Ari, besides her usual caginess, and story about the addict boyfriend, there was only a short scene in the park with the supplier saying something something fairly innocent and Brady flipping and going all Incredible Hulk and beating the guy to a pulp. The guy ran off, then came back after Brady left to give her the package.

One question about yesterday - Did I miss a scene between Brady and Phil? Just before commercial they're in the pub together with Brady questioning Philip, then next thing I saw, Phil was on the pier and Brady was on his date.
Edited by six, Aug 5 2009, 10:15 AM.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

jane1978
Aug 5 2009, 09:37 AM
All things people complained about were brought up, from his "groping" pacients, his sexually predatory ways and going from granddaugter to grandmother to engaged woman. Victor even told Kate she was simply too old for Daniel and he traded her up for Chloe "younger and more voluptuous model." (I love this quote of his)

I think it makes him a really interesting soap character.
It is fun when the characters say things that the viewer has been thinking in their heads. When Victor said that razor sharp statement you quoted I winced for Kate, the writers showed no mercy and it was great. I'm still rooting for Kate to get away with it.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Southofsoap
Aug 5 2009, 10:00 AM
I watched yesterday's episode and it was really good - I am almost shocked lol!

I only restarted watching on Friday so could someone please explain to me why Carlo was shot? Also where did Ari and drugs come from? Thats kinda left field...
Carlo actually was on the show a few times in May during the Dimera/Kiriakis stuff. It was a bit out of left field but given Carlo was handling some business on the pier, these things happen. They clearly did it to make Philip once again question his life but also to make him realize Stephanie was right to leave him, therefore leaving him open to move on...for now at least.

Arianna and the drugs has had buildup. We only learned last week about the drug aspect but there had been hints of things with her and she started getting mysterious phone calls at a few weeks ago.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply