Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; Aug 3 - Aug 7, 2009
Topic Started: Aug 3 2009, 02:31 AM (4,681 Views)
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

jane1978
Aug 5 2009, 09:37 AM
I must confess I really like Daniel lately. Itīs amazing how much his character grew and really found the right personality which works for him and SC. I love how he plays Daniel as this arrogant, moraly ambiguous, "I live my life my way and if you donīt like it, scr*w you" kind of guy. He is not bad, but nobody is trying to whitewash him into a hero either. I think itīs refreshing and I like they are using all his past and relationship history to build the conflict. Lucas made some great points about him and Chelsea and Kate. And I like how Daniel is not appologizing but rather is brutally honest with him. So many times soaps have leading characters who act questionable but the show pretends everything is ok because they want people to root for the character. With Daniel, everything is a fair game.
All things people complained about were brought up, from his "groping" pacients, his sexually predatory ways and going from granddaugter to grandmother to engaged woman. Victor even told Kate she was simply too old for Daniel and he traded her up for Chloe "younger and more voluptuous model." (I love this quote of his)

I think it makes him a really interesting soap character.
I agree. I think if there is one thing this story did was it finally fixed the character of Daniel and turned him into something that works. I've always said that this affair story, to me, was more about where it would take some of these characters and not so much about the actual affair. It allowed Daniel to fully embrace who he was. Lucas is going to a darker place now. I won't get into what has happened to Kate because I know I'm in the minority on thinking this story was fine for her. I'm curious to see where all these characters go from here on in because I care about them again. Chloe is really the only one in the story I don't care about LOL.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

klements

Halloween Family
Aug 4 2009, 09:19 PM
luvpumpkns
Aug 4 2009, 05:45 PM
i was shocked that ari turned out to be a drug dealer. if it turns out that something else innocent is going on, i'll be kind of pissed. i liked the idea that someone came up with that rafe's secret that emily found out was that his sister got busted for dealing drugs. we need some more 'bad' characters anyway, IMO, and i'm interested to see how LH plays ari.
Ari's a drug dealer? I haven't seen the episode yet but maybe she a "good drug dealer" and not the bad kind. I would think if she was a dealer then Brady would make the perfect boyfriend as an addict, rich, good looking and muscles ready to bulge out his shirt on top of all that. I do hope Ari is more of a 'bad' character too because it makes me wonder how LH will play her.
I think after Arianna's interaction with Bo yesterday that she is working undercover, but if it would be more interesting if she turns out to be an actual drug dealer.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

six
Aug 5 2009, 10:13 AM
They were out of left field for the whole audience. There wasn't any backstory to what the Kiriakis' have been doing that would get Carlo killed. He just popped up yesterday wounded on the pier. As for Ari, besides her usual caginess, and story about the addict boyfriend, there was only a short scene in the park with the supplier saying something something fairly innocent and Brady flipping and going all Incredible Hulk and beating the guy to a pulp. The guy ran off, then came back after Brady left to give her the package.

One question about yesterday - Did I miss a scene between Brady and Phil? Just before commercial they're in the pub together with Brady questioning Philip, then next thing I saw, Phil was on the pier and Brady was on his date.
Thanks for the info! Unfortunately I cant answer your question. I remember Brady phoning Philip but it seemed to be dropped after that. I dont remember anything else. Perhaps someone else can correct me

six
Member Avatar

That's probably just the way it was written, or maybe they had to remove a scene.

jane1978

Southofsoap
Aug 5 2009, 12:37 PM
six
Aug 5 2009, 10:13 AM
They were out of left field for the whole audience. There wasn't any backstory to what the Kiriakis' have been doing that would get Carlo killed. He just popped up yesterday wounded on the pier. As for Ari, besides her usual caginess, and story about the addict boyfriend, there was only a short scene in the park with the supplier saying something something fairly innocent and Brady flipping and going all Incredible Hulk and beating the guy to a pulp. The guy ran off, then came back after Brady left to give her the package.

One question about yesterday - Did I miss a scene between Brady and Phil? Just before commercial they're in the pub together with Brady questioning Philip, then next thing I saw, Phil was on the pier and Brady was on his date.
Thanks for the info! Unfortunately I cant answer your question. I remember Brady phoning Philip but it seemed to be dropped after that. I dont remember anything else. Perhaps someone else can correct me
There was no scene between. The first scene Phillip gets a call from Carlo and bumps into a Brady on the way out. Brady asks him whatīs going on, Phillip gives him the soap look.

The next scene, Brady meets Ari in the park, he immediatelly excuses himself and tries to call Phillip who isnīt responding and the next cut shows him rushing on the pier, his phone ringing, he is not answering and starts to fuss around Carlo.

We have to assume Phillip never answered Bradyīs question and ran out and thatīs why Brady tried to contact him later.

As for the Carlo, there was a short scene about two weeks ago where Phillip gave him some mysterious and obviously shady job. It seems Brady is taking care of the official Kiriakis business while Phillip controls the other, more delicate things directly for his father. I donīt think Brady is involved in anyway.

jane1978

Looks like they are regressing Steph back into her less saint days. I love it! First she accept all the credit when it was of course Mel who didnīt have any trouble to forge Nathanīs signature and now she is doing moves on Nathan knowing Mel is seriously interested in him. Not nice, girl, but I love when Shelley smiles and is in her flirty mode. She is absolutely georgeous and is wonderfull to see Steph more relaxed and girlish again.

Nathan has a good chemistry with both Steph and Mel but Iīm sort of interested what will happen after Mel and Phillip ends together. I see some classic soap drama ahead.

BasicBlackTS08

Hello, Im new. I'm a huge Lucas and Sami fan. I have heard that Ejole will stay together and the baby that Nicole has might be her real one. Anybody else heard this? I heard about a conversation James Scott was having with some gal in Greenville where he was saying this. And what about James Scott flipping off the Lumi fans? Now, that was sure rude. I couldn't believe it, but its true. Anybody hear about this? And no, it was not meant as a joke. He was definetly flipping them off.
Edited by BasicBlackTS08, Aug 5 2009, 02:55 PM.

six
Member Avatar

jane1978
Aug 5 2009, 02:50 PM
Looks like they are regressing Steph back into her less saint days. I love it! First she accept all the credit when it was of course Mel who didnīt have any trouble to forge Nathanīs signature and now she is doing moves on Nathan knowing Mel is seriously interested in him. Not nice, girl, but I love when Shelley smiles and is in her flirty mode. She is absolutely georgeous and is wonderfull to see Steph more relaxed and girlish again.

Nathan has a good chemistry with both Steph and Mel but Iīm sort of interested what will happen after Mel and Phillip ends together. I see some classic soap drama ahead.
I don't see a problem with Stephanie getting close to Nathan. Yes, Melanie's interested but they haven't even had a whole first date yet, and it's not like Melanie and Stephanie are friends. She could have thrown Melanie a bone about the forgery, though.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

six
Aug 5 2009, 04:46 PM
jane1978
Aug 5 2009, 02:50 PM

I don't see a problem with Stephanie getting close to Nathan. Yes, Melanie's interested but they haven't even had a whole first date yet, and it's not like Melanie and Stephanie are friends. She could have thrown Melanie a bone about the forgery, though.
I'm really surprised Stephanie didn't even bat an eye about the forgery, I've never thought she was a bad girl character. The only reason she didn't do it herself is because she lacks the skill Melanie has.

The wardrobe dept keeps washing and drying Brady's wardrobe on high heat. The pants and shirt keep getting tighter, the shirt is practically see through and the button was about to bust on his shirt. I see they are hellbent on destroying any ounce of chemistry between Brady and Arianna by continuing this spilling stuff on one another. I guess Ari is either undercover or is a "bad drug dealer", there goes my idea of Ari dealing medicinal marijuana to those less fortunate.

KA is no Mariska Hargitay but I loved the crack Hope made about Daniel not being as broken up about breaking up with Kate. I still hope everything gets turned around on Dan and Kate gets away with it. I will laugh if they decide to give Chloe selective amnesia by having her only remembering the bad parts of the Danloe relationship like groping exam and having her terrified of Dan.

The Kate and Lucas scene was excellent, a lot of fire to it. A decent performance by both players.

I really dislike SC's portrayal of passion, it comes across as shortness of breath. He does excell at yelling and fight scenes, I'm still so impressed with that punch.

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Halloween Family
Aug 5 2009, 05:03 PM
I guess Ari is either undercover or is a "bad drug dealer", there goes my idea of Ari dealing medicinal marijuana to those less fortunate.

BWAH! And I too now regret the loss of that possibility.

But I think she's undercover or an informant, though naturally that's less interesting than her being a real dealer.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Paxton
Aug 5 2009, 05:06 PM
Halloween Family
I guess Ari is either undercover or is a "bad drug dealer", there goes my idea of Ari dealing medicinal marijuana to those less fortunate.

BWAH! And I too now regret the loss of that possibility.

But I think she's undercover or an informant, though naturally that's less interesting than her being a real dealer.
Undercover is definitley more boring, I'm not hot on how cops are written on Days. Even being a good drug dealer would have been interesting and somewhat relevant. I'm crossing my fingers she's a bad drug dealer especially if the character is going to be tangled up with Brady during LH's rendition, that might make for some angst.

six
Member Avatar

Halloween Family

KA is no Mariska Hargitay but I loved the crack Hope made about Daniel not being as broken up about breaking up with Kate. I still hope everything gets turned around on Dan and Kate gets away with it. I will laugh if they decide to give Chloe selective amnesia by having her only remembering the bad parts of the Danloe relationship like groping exam and having her terrified of Dan.

I'm pro-danloe now, but that would be hilarious. Kate was awful today. WTH, writers? Stop destroying this character.

I wish I didn't see the writing on the wall regarding Phil/Stephanie. I was a big fan of theirs at one point, but so far it seems that Nathan is a better match for Stephanie. It's obvious that phinie isn't over yet, though. They need to just bring Martha Madison back to play someone for Philip, because phinie and phelanie will never top phelle. Everyone in this upcoming quad does click, but if phelanie/sathan can bring something better chemistry than phinie/nel then I hope TPTB use it.

If it were FT's Arianna maaaybe I could buy the drug dealer story that the show is selling, but no way, now how, now that LH is coming. She and her brother are as pure as the driven snow. Too bad, because they could both really benefit from some grayness.
Edited by six, Aug 5 2009, 05:24 PM.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

I am so disappointed that all this revenge stuff is partly motivated by Kate's ego being hurt by Dan's rejection. I never thought Kate was all that into him and really hated that she slept with him knowing about Chlesea but I guess this is the angle they want to play. With the exception of Kate lusting after Dan and the tacky bottom half of her ensemble, Kate was great! Most of the dialogue between Dan and Kate was pretty good, they even found more creative ways of using "slut". Kate's blasphemous use of God's revenge against Danloe was wonderful.

It might be interesting if Lucas insists on pulling the plug on Chloe prematurely, there might be a good story there. I appreciate how they are gradually decreasing the amount of makeup on Nadia and letting her hair get matted, nice touch.

Watching Brady and Arianna was borderline torturous, those two are awkward in not a good way. I agree, Ari and Rafe's backstories are probablly no big deal but LH might do well playing a bad guy drug dealer.

Not really into Nathan and Stephanie but WOW does SH have a gorgeous smile when it's a full on laugh-smile.

EJ: How much do I love the haircut!!!

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

I watched today's episode and I still don't understand how much of Kate's conversation/kissing with Daniel was a fantasy. Obviously she flashed back to the kiss, but was she flashing back to a fantasy within a fantasy? Color me confused, or stupid, whatever you like, but just explain it to me.

I'm thisclose to shipping Stephanie and Nathan. I think they have great chemistry but I don't want to get involved since Melanie will inevitably ruin it. I just always enjoy the five minutes of normal pleasant flirtation they give couples before destroying them.

Alligato
Member Avatar

First off, JS has the sexy gorgeous hair back. He looked great today. However, his constant whining and sulking just gets old (he barely even smiled at Sydney), his little tantrum about the headstone was cringworthy (you didn't want a say so, dude), and let's not forget another "damn you to hell, Sami Brady" will be followed up tomorrow with "I still have feelings for her". This story just sucks balls. I really hate what they are doing to him. Whiny little bitch.

SC, again, was totally gorgeous! And I love that when LKoz/Kate kisses a man on Days, she goes all out, always did. Take that shirt off, Dan! Liked me that scene. Loved their banter. It's too funny that I wasn't a fan of Date, but they do have some smokin' chemistry. And too funny that Kate just walked in his cell, but had to beg a guard to get her out. What happened, Kate?
I can't believe that I am enjoying this story as much as I am. Great development.

And there is no way I can buy Arianna in a pastel green and yellow sleeveless shirt with her perfect hair and makeup being a cocaine drug dealer. WTF. She does have some larger nostrils though.

Good show overall.

esp13
Member Avatar

Paxton

Re: the Kate/Daniel fantasy thingee. The very beginning with Kate walking in, talking about how Daniel told her she loved him, and then the kissing was a fantasy. Right after they came back to the Kate/Daniel scene, there was this flash and quick cut and then Daniel is standing up from the cot and pushing Kate away, asking her what she is doing. If you blinked, you would have missed the cut from the fantasy to the reality. Also, in the fantasy portion, Daniel didn't have his undershirt on, but after the flash and quickcut, he had the white t-shirt on.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I thought Lauren and Shawn were great today. The Kate/Daniel stuff was very intense. I know I'm in the minority on the issue bit I really like the approach they've taken with Kate here.

I also like where they are going with Lucas and was glad Fr. Matt was brought into it considering his and Chloe's talks.

Felisha Terrell was pretty good today IMO. Yesterday she was just lifeless and a mess but today she was at ease and added some charm to her scenes with Brady. I liked their scenes with them dancing and bonding. Like that they brought up Brady's music background too.

Shelley is looking great lately and I like seeing her happy for once. I really like the potential of this Philip/Stephanie/Nathan/Melanie quad. Seeing Nathan, Stephanie, and Philip interact today showed me this has more promise then I realized.

Ari was great (especially in the final scene in the cemetery) and her scenes with Sydney were so cute but James Scott is just awful. I don't blame the writing. I blame him. He can do more with the material then just make a pouty face. His best work today came at the end when he yelled at the headstone. He's a better actor then what he is showing. He's just become lazy IMO.

All in all, another great episode.

dooldooldool

Days4Life
Aug 4 2009, 04:16 PM
II'm confused by the Philip scenes. He's good/he's bad/he's conflicted/he wants to change/he doesn't want to change. Writers, make up your mind about who Philip Kiriakis is supposed to be!
Seems to be a buildup to the speculative rumor that the embryos weren't switched after all and that Vivian Alemain is Philip's bio-mom. Serves a couple purposes... 1. Sends Kate over-the-edge and off to Pine Haven and 2. frees Philip from his Kiriakis-ness.

Although I cannot recall if Ivan "made a donation", that could be tossed into the mix, too.

six
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Aug 5 2009, 09:00 PM
Watching Brady and Arianna was borderline torturous, those two are awkward in not a good way. I agree, Ari and Rafe's backstories are probablly no big deal but LH might do well playing a bad guy drug dealer.

I think she could do it- Teresa had some ruthless moments when it came to Gwen and Rebecca. I just don't think she'll have to. The show's practically salivating over the idea of recreating terethan and her being a drug dealer would put a damper on that.

Sindacco

dooldooldool
Aug 6 2009, 06:49 AM
Days4Life
Aug 4 2009, 04:16 PM
II'm confused by the Philip scenes. He's good/he's bad/he's conflicted/he wants to change/he doesn't want to change. Writers, make up your mind about who Philip Kiriakis is supposed to be!
Seems to be a buildup to the speculative rumor that the embryos weren't switched after all and that Vivian Alemain is Philip's bio-mom. Serves a couple purposes... 1. Sends Kate over-the-edge and off to Pine Haven and 2. frees Philip from his Kiriakis-ness.

Although I cannot recall if Ivan "made a donation", that could be tossed into the mix, too.
Victor would still be his father.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply