Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; Aug 3 - Aug 7, 2009
Topic Started: Aug 3 2009, 02:31 AM (4,612 Views)
DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Please get Melanie out of that damn uniform! What hospital still has candystripers? They're called volunteers now. Throw her a polo and khakis or scrubs and let her wear that. She looks ridiculous in that red and white striped uniform.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

DrewHamilton
Aug 6 2009, 02:35 PM
Please get Melanie out of that damn uniform! What hospital still has candystripers? They're called volunteers now. Throw her a polo and khakis or scrubs and let her wear that. She looks ridiculous in that red and white striped uniform.
Now, Drew, you know we are in the minority on this! Melanie is a beloved new character who has captured everyone's hearts and minds with her carefree spirit! The candy stripper outfit is meant to showcase that and in no way make her appear to be the young, bratty teenager she actually is!
Edited by Tripp, Aug 6 2009, 02:51 PM.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Tripp
Aug 6 2009, 02:51 PM
DrewHamilton
Now, Drew, you know we are in the minority on this! Melanie is a beloved new character who has captured everyone's hearts and minds with her carefree spirit! The candy stripper outfit is meant to showcase that and in no way make her appear to be the young, bratty teenager she actually is!
I am one who likes Melanie (provided MB doesn't give anymore crappy performances like the saying goodbye to Max scene) and like her with the older characters but I agree she looks 12 years old in that old fashioned uniform.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Aug 6 2009, 03:07 PM
Tripp
Aug 6 2009, 02:51 PM
DrewHamilton
I am one who likes Melanie (provided MB doesn't give anymore crappy performances like the saying goodbye to Max scene) and like her with the older characters but I agree she looks 12 years old in that old fashioned uniform.
That's me, too. A fan of hers who hates the outfit. Pretty boring show today. I'm already sick of the hot and cold nel relationship and it hasn't even started. It's going to take a long time for Melanie to overcome her childhood, but we don't need to hear that conversation every time she tries to go on a date. I just hope Mel realizes Nathan is still playing the field. She turned down Philip because of him, but clearly he's not that serious about trying to form something exclusive. The suspicious EJ/ deer in the headlights Nicole stuff is played out, too.

Guess I'm too old/jaded to care about the teen angst. :sleep: Will and Mia are cute, but if they break up, they break up.

It's nice that Roman is getting some scenes, but is there anyone who's less qualified to give Steph advice about getting over Philip than he is? Thirty years later, and he'd still give anything to get Marlena back.

Rafe needs to stfu. What in the world is wrong with him? Since when are children interchangeable? Should he and Sami just forget Grace, because Sami has several other kids? I know some would say they already have. I guess when the truth comes out, Rafe will encourage Sami to let Nicole have Sydney, since Sami has Allie, and Nicole is childless.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

six
Aug 6 2009, 03:29 PM
It's going to take a long time for Melanie to overcome her childhood, but we don't need to hear that conversation every time she tries to go on a date.

The suspicious EJ/ deer in the headlights Nicole stuff is played out, too.

Guess I'm too old/jaded to care about the teen angst. :sleep: Will and Mia are cute, but if they break up, they break up.

Yeah, I hope they got this woe is me childhood crap out of the way, they are overdoing it like they did Nicole early on. It's a nice layer but use it sparingly.

EJ's shitty treatment of Nicole is stagnant too, if he's going to be abusive set that puppy on boil and just do it already.

I'm borderline on the teen stuff. I get a kick out of Tad, Chad and to a lesser extent Kinsy. But why did they have to ruin the purity of Wia by having Mia confess to Will she's not a virgin.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

The actress playing Kinsy is HORRIBLE,she makes watching Molly Burnett seem easy for me.

Days4Life

I can't even watch any scenes with Kinsey. Unbearable!

So Rafe thinks EJ shouldn't grieve his dead child because he has a living child? Charming. Since Sami has three living children, she should definitely not be wasting any time crying over Grace then.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

They really need to lose Kinsey. Can't stand her and see no need for her.

I usually like Tad but today he creeped me out with his facial expressions. I did like Will and Mia. Chad sticks out like a sore thumb in this teen scene. He looks too old to be with them. I also wish they had not went with similar names with Tad and Chad. That was sort of lazy.

Maggie/Melanie was wonderful. Loved their scenes and enjoyed the Stephanie/Roman (Shelley is looking radiant this week) and Melanie/Nathan scenes.

Kimsey has improved the past week or so sharing scenes opposite Joe Mascolo. Glad the Emily stuff is moving finally. Nice to see signs of bitchy Sami today. Ali looked great. Love that Nicole told Sami about what EJ did. I really wish Nicole would haul off and slap EJ. What a damn prick. Scott's acting is a mess lately so that doesn't help matters either.

All in all, an ok show but I missed the Lucas/Chloe/Daniel/Kate stuff, which is quite surprising I suppose LOL.

Marian

EJ should have punched Rafe for basically telling him he had no right to grieve his child! HE'S the one that kept her away from him! HE'S the reason EJ didn't get to know her while she was living! (putting aside the fact that she's not really his just for a second here). He has every right to grieve. Sami had ever right to get angry when he did it without saying anything to her. Those events were plausible and right for me. It killed me that Rafe got involved and said what he said. He had no right to get involved.

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

Days4Life
Aug 6 2009, 06:14 PM
So Rafe thinks EJ shouldn't grieve his dead child because he has a living child? Charming. Since Sami has three living children, she should definitely not be wasting any time crying over Grace then.
Has Sami been crying over Grace? I guess I missed it while watching her fall in love like a giddy teenager.

I've been enjoying the show overall recently but am absolutely ready for the baby sl to come to an end. How many more times do we need to hear EJ get angry at Nicole for the absolute wrong reason. I love EJ but admit he has been douchetastic lately and I've been hoping Nicole would punch him in the head and leave him for good.

I used to hate Melanie but I've changed my mind as they are actually depicting her as the meddling, esteem crippled 18 year that she is. I hate to say it but I like Nathan and Melanie much better than Nate and Steph. Maggie with Mel is always good.

Shouty McYellerson Horton back in action and spitting truth was enjoyable. I loved his confrontation with Kate and laughed at his initial disbelief that Kate could possibly be behind the poisoning. Poor Lucas, cuckolded again.

The teens hold no interest for me and I agree whole heartedly about Kinsey. However I will say she portrays everything I hated about girls in high school accurately.

Carlos's shooting seemed really random but I have hope that it might turn out to be interesting and I like seeing the Kiriakis clan interact especially with Bo in the mix.

Just wondering if anyone knows why the entire cast is wardrobed in purple at any given time? It's not good.

Maloue924
Member Avatar

Hi everyone! I just watched today's epi and I hate the wedge they're trying to put in Steph and Mel's new found 'frenemyship'. I'm really likin these two as friends.
Stefano playing stupid about knowing Sami was funny. The way he smoothly plots, schemes and executes will always make Stefano one of the best villians of Salem.
In a weird way this Kinsey/Chad vs. Mia/Will thing almost kinda seems like the new Sami/Lucas vs. Carrie/Austin type of situation. Is it? I could be wrong, but that's the impression I'm getting from it.
I'm glad Sami didn't throw Nicole under the bus for telling her about Grace's headstone. I would like to see Sami and Nicole become friends eventually, and it looks like it could be heading that way.
And finally, Roman being there for Steph was nice today. With all that's happened to Steph recently, she really needs someone to talk to. Since Steve and Kayla can't be there for her.

dooldooldool

Sindacco
Aug 6 2009, 10:39 AM
Victor would still be his father.
Philip Robert Marais.

Ivan made a sperm donation for "Madame".
http://www.bethsdayspage.com/days/embryos.html

True, Victor and Kate raised Philip (especially that traumatic year 1999, when, overnight, the boy grew from toddler to high school sophomore.)

Then again, genetic matter seems to matter little to Prince Kiriakis. He gave up his own bio-son when the producers decided they couldn't saddle their young hero with an ailing child.
Edited by dooldooldool, Aug 7 2009, 04:33 AM.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

compared to mia, i actually like kinsey, and i think it's because she has a little life in her. when mia was watching will and kinsey talk, i really had no idea what was going on behind the blank door that is her face. was she angry? sad? jealous? constipated? who can tell? i love tad. love him. i wish he were on more often. he seems to have 'teenager' down pat better than any of the other kids.

melanie and nathan were awkward for me. i'm sorry, but it's really not normal behavior to spill your guts like melanie did to a guy you haven't even gone on an official date with. the childhood confession stuff comes much later in the dating process. i don't know, i know it's a soap, but if i were nathan, i would have run screaming. i guess if a person is wiling to moan and groan about their self-esteem issues before date number one, i kinda lose interest. but that's just me.

i'm so over ej in general. isn't there something he can be doing besides being angry at sami and suspicious of nicole? he needs a new storyline right away. i really can' take much more of this.

i'm curious about what arianna could be doing besides dealing drugs. i mean, she got baggies filled with white powder that she tasted. could she really be an undercover agent from the FDA, sampling shipments of pixie sticks? knowing this show, it's probable, but i hope it tuns out to be what it looks like--drugs.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

luvpumpkns
Aug 7 2009, 06:09 AM
melanie and nathan were awkward for me. i'm sorry, but it's really not normal behavior to spill your guts like melanie did to a guy you haven't even gone on an official date with. the childhood confession stuff comes much later in the dating process. i don't know, i know it's a soap, but if i were nathan, i would have run screaming. i guess if a person is wiling to moan and groan about their self-esteem issues before date number one, i kinda lose interest. but that's just me.
Tell me about it. I already despise Melanie and the continued ploys for sympathy on her part because of her ill-defined and conveniently-used backstory of pity are magically making me hate her even more, which I didn't think was possible. Not to mention Nathan honestly does not look interested in her at all. It just came off to me like a guy who feels sorry for his best buddy's pathetic loser kid sister who has a big crush on him and who can't get a date and he's scared she'll slash her wrists if he doesn't agree to take her to the movies. I would also mention that I don't recall lack of self-esteem being an issue for Melanie before.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Paxton
Aug 7 2009, 10:58 AM
...Nathan honestly does not look interested in her at all. It just came off to me like a guy who feels sorry for his best buddy's pathetic loser kid sister who has a big crush on him and who can't get a date and he's scared she'll slash her wrists if he doesn't agree to take her to the movies. I would also mention that I don't recall lack of self-esteem being an issue for Melanie before.
That's because any guy Nathan's age or older (that means you Philip) placed in a scene with Melanie in that God awful candystriper uniform is going to look like he's talking to his buddy's kid sister, who's crushing on him. Get her out of the damn outfit!

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Whatever happened to Melanie going to nursing school? Maybe it hasn't started yet. Poor Nathan yesterday looked so disinterested in Melanie. And Stephanie telling Roman she had met somebody new - so much for being totally in love with Phillip. With the change in actresses playing Arianna coming up, I can't believe that she is really dealing drugs - she will turn out to be undercover as so many here speculate. Why bring on Lindsey Hartley for a role that could end up being short term if Ari was really a drug dealer. Oh, well, stranger things have happened as we know that true guilty people never get punished. I am among the viewers that can't stand Kinsey. Although I like Will and Mia, sometimes Mia looks like she doesn't know how to play a scene. Since she is still only 15 I wonder if she is uncomfortable in boy-girl stuff. Rafe bores me so the pairing of Rafe & Sami bore me too. I always though that the writers should have Sami evolve from the teenage brat that wanted her parents together, but she should never be another Marlena, Carrie or Belle. She needs a job. It's too bad she and maybe Brady aren't running Basic Black.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

DrewHamilton
Aug 7 2009, 11:44 AM
Paxton
Aug 7 2009, 10:58 AM
...Nathan honestly does not look interested in her at all. It just came off to me like a guy who feels sorry for his best buddy's pathetic loser kid sister who has a big crush on him and who can't get a date and he's scared she'll slash her wrists if he doesn't agree to take her to the movies. I would also mention that I don't recall lack of self-esteem being an issue for Melanie before.
That's because any guy Nathan's age or older (that means you Philip) placed in a scene with Melanie in that God awful candystriper uniform is going to look like he's talking to his buddy's kid sister, who's crushing on him. Get her out of the damn outfit!
Just so we're all clear, Drew...you're not a fan of the candy striper outfit? :lol: I tease...but I totally agree with you. Someone should tell the wardrobe department that the 1960s called and they want their outfit back. What's next? Nurse Maxine is going to walk around in one of those starched white uniforms with the little pill box nurses hat? :eyeroll:

Now...yesterday's show... The word of the day is AWKWARD.

I thought the convo between Stephanie and Roman was sweet, but awkward. As someone said earlier, shouldn't Roman be the LAST person she should be asking how you recover from a broken heart? That man has been pining for "Doc" for years.

I really love Nathan and I have grown to mostly love Melanie but together? Not so much? I wish they'd pick a personality for Melanie and stick with it. The downtrodden, tender hearted victim of her childhood thing just isn't sitting right - even if her childhood was a mess. I don't know - I can't figure out if they just aren't giving MB the proper direction for those scenes or what it is. But yeah...who tells a guy they are interested in that they don't feel worthy of them? Again...awkward.

Did anyone else think Mia's pronouncement that she's not a virgin in the middle of a crowded gym feel, oh...I don't know...maybe awkward? Poor Will. I think DP is doing a great job...but sometimes he cracks me up with his WTF??? facial expressions. It doesn't vary much regardless of the WTF moment - so it just hits me as funny. :lol:

And let's see...first Nicole gets to barge in on Safe's make out session so then we get to see her being repaid by Safe barging in on her cutesy kissing with EJ? Not really awkward...more like contrived. And WTF was Rafe's point exactly to EJ? I mean, I know he's successfully managed to get Sami to focus her attentions on him rather than Grace (or her living children, for that matter) but does he really think that because EJ has another baby he shouldn't give two shits about the one that died? Really??? And I could have almost gotten angry over that...but when the line is delivered in that barely above a monotone style I find it somehow has a numbing affect. But maybe that's just me. Although it did sort of seem to have the same affect on EJ. Rather than raging about it (which we all know EJ is prone to do) he was more like :huh1: :blink:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

ArizonaDaze
Aug 7 2009, 12:37 PM
Whatever happened to Melanie going to nursing school? Maybe it hasn't started yet.
It has. They mentioned it a few times already when she talked about all the books she had and how hard the teacher or whomever was being on her.

As for Friday's episode, how cute was that trivia segment with Abe and Theo? Adorable!

I don't think I can ever get into the Will/Mia/Chad stuff. I like Will and Mia but Chad just doesn't look right with them. It's way too noticeable. The actor playing Chad is good IMO but he looks too old to be hanging around Will and Mia. I don't usually care about age if the chemistry is there and it works but considering Mia (and the actress that plays her is under 18 and so is Will (and the actor who plays him) and the actor playing Chad is clearly older, it just looks wrong IMO. The Will/Mia kiss was sweet.

Arianne Zucker rocked in that scene with EJ where she recalled losing her own child.

Ali Sweeney is looking great the past few episodes as well. Glad the Sami/Rafe stuff is picking up. Ali and Galen were great today IMO. Loved the ending with Sami and Nicole. They work great as friends. Sure, they were allies before but that was played for comedy. I really like what I'm seeing and the impact of the baby switch reveal will really be amped up with their newfound friendship.

I'm enjoying seeing more of an edge to Lucas again but I hope that when he learns for sure that Kate did what she did that he cuts her off completely, at least for awhile. Enjoyed Bo/Daniel and Daniel/Victor too. The part with Chloe whispering Daniel's name was stupid. She's in a coma, for heaven's sake. I like this story and Chloe/Daniel but the whole "destined lovers" thing is being laid on too thick at times.

I was also happy that the good news Abe and Lexie got about Theo that we all read about in spoilers was not that his autism was cured or something similar. With Higley's influence all but nonexistent and with the autism story hardly being played since last Fall, when I read that spoiler I worried that they would cure him and that would've been downright insulting. They didn't and I'm glad. The kindergarten thing was realistic and I liked it because at least they still feel the need to bother to update us on Theo's development. Maybe Higley was allowed to throw that out there this week LOL.

All in all, an ok show and a pretty decent week.

mbdimera
Member Avatar

If Arianna turns out to be an undercover agent and not a drug dealer, is the pub of the police commissioner's mother really the proper place for a base of operation?

pspcindy
Member Avatar

SocR, I feel the same about Melanie's candystriper uniform. I have one I used when I was fifteen. If the show wants to move Melanie into the next age group, get her out of that childish getup.

I hate Sami thinking Nicole is her friend. Back when Nicole was fun, I loved them working together as frenemies. But back then, Sami knew what was going on. In the craptastic faux friendship, Sami thinks Nicole is some alstruistic woman empathizing with another mother. HA! Every single move by Nicole has been self-serving. When Sami finds out Nicole "played" her and actually stole her baby daughter, Nicole will be lucky if she has a hair left on her head.

And I think Sami and Rafe stink. At the very least, Sami should be interesting to watch even if don't like what she is saying or doing at the moment. Sami has rarely ever been a bore until the suckhole of SAFE arrived. Even Rafe leaving Sami today was anitclimactic. Where is the freaking emotion GG? No matter what the motivation, the scenes are all the same, totally lacking in anything to draw in the viewer. It's like he is reading off cue cards words he has never seen before. Frankly I think Rafe has been a total tool about Grace and anything that regards EJ. No matter what, that idiot is not any baby's father and he has no right to lecture EJ about how to feel or grieve considering that he was instrumental in EJ not knowing about Grace.

BD sure has been looking great the last few days! Too bad Lucas is the loser again. And how weird is it that Lucas doesn't seriously consider that Kate may have done this? Hello, this is Kate. I know he hates Daneil, with good reason, but of the two, Kate and Daniel, my money would always go to Kate for doing whatever in the name of "love".

It is so nice to see that EJ, at long last, may be getting a clue or two. Now, can he put them together? How long will EJ continue to let Nicole fog every confrontation situation by turning it back on him? Sigh, James looks so good. Hopefully before long, smart EJ will be reunited with handsome EJ.

Once the storyline stalls end, I hope that show will pickup and motivate me to watch every day.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply