Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; Aug 3 - Aug 7, 2009
Topic Started: Aug 3 2009, 02:31 AM (4,745 Views)
DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I see so much more chemistry between Chad and Mia, rather than Will and Mia. In Mia's scenes with Will, I think they're so dry. It's boring. Nothing's happening. But when she shares scenes with Chad, she seems to come alive. There are sparks. The chemistry is there. And I don't think Chad looks too old for Mia or Will or Kinsey. He looks like he fits in right with them.

On the other hand, I think Will has more chemistry with Kinsey than Mia. Go figure.

And then there's poor Tad, or T as he's called now that the dumbass writers forgot they had a character that already rhimed with Chad when they named him. He's all alone. I like him though.

But back to Chad. I like him too. I just wish he would've been Andrew Donovan, or maybe one of Justin and Adrienne's boys. I like him and I want to enjoy the character, but I really don't care about him and I think it's because he has no staying power right now. There's no family bond there that cements him as part of the canvas. He just needs more of a connection to Salem other than Mia and Kinsey.
Edited by DrewHamilton, Aug 7 2009, 02:34 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lili
Member Avatar

I don't think I can ever get into the Will/Mia/Chad stuff. I like Will and Mia but Chad just doesn't look right with them. It's way too noticeable. The actor playing Chad is good IMO but he looks too old to be hanging around Will and Mia. I don't usually care about age if the chemistry is there and it works but considering Mia (and the actress that plays her is under 18 and so is Will (and the actor who plays him) and the actor playing Chad is clearly older, it just looks wrong IMO. The Will/Mia kiss was sweet.

(newbie chiming in)

ICAM about Chad the actor playing him is doing a great job of playing a SOB but he is glaringly too old to be part of the teen scene. When you see Mia/Will and even that Thad guy they all look around the same age Chad sticks out like a sore thumb. I'm looking forward to the Will & Mia kiss they are just so adorable together.

I have no use for Rafe and I was like ARE YOU FOR REAL when he yapped to EJ to basically just shut up and leave Sami alone b/c you still have Sydney. LIke EJ isn't entitled to be outraged over what happened.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

I would like to see Sami and Nicole become friends eventually, and it looks like it could be heading that way.Me too. If they form some type of friendship it will make the reveal a little less predictable in how Sami is going to react. I dont ever remember Sami and Nicole as frenemies, I remember them more as enemies teaming up for a common goal.

i'm curious about what arianna could be doing besides dealing drugs. i mean, she got baggies filled with white powder that she tasted. could she really be an undercover agent from the FDA, sampling shipments of pixie sticks? knowing this show, it's probable, but i hope it tuns out to be what it looks like--drugs. Well, I had a long shot theory of her intercepting unconstituted antibiotics from the hospital and shipping them to the needy, a robin hood type angle, but I dont think one would dip their finger in it to taste it. I guess I was hoping for more of a murky character in Ari rather than a simple black/white, good guy bad guy thing, but if those are the only options I hope Ari is a bad guy.

The last half of today's episode had some good lines of dialogue. Dan to Bo: "as a doctor you win awards, save lives but when it comes down to it, in the end your a flight risk." Rafe to Sami: "I cant just sit here and defend myself against that look." And the way Alison said "I'm asking YOU!" was great. BD did well in his "I'm not forgiving you" speech to Chloe, he played it well with his subdued anger.

I agree with those who say there's more chemistry with Mia and Chad but I still am not keen on Chad getting too involved. The actor is good and I think he looks like a teenager but I do have a problem with kissing/love scenes between 15 yo and 22 yo actors. I thought Will and Mia were nice and bland with a touch of sweetness, I hope they stay that way.

Ari was wonderful today and looked great but I kept thinking she was getting ready to workout with her tank top and hair all pinned up which I loved. I wish they would stop this nonsense of having Nicole say stupid shit like "but I lost a baby too" and whatever that line was she said to EJ today about Sami not losing her baby. EJ just looks like a total asshole with his interogations of Nicole. For gosh sakes EJ, be a Dimera and just have her tailed and tap her cell phone, anything! At least he was courteous enough to leave Nicole a msg forewarning her of further tongue lashings.

six
Member Avatar

Credit where credit's due, Rafe actually had some good advice for Will. I know the purpose of this was to give Rafe the scandalous dirt on Mia, but it's weird that we've gotten WiJ and Wafe scenes but Lucas hasn't seen Will since the day he told him to stay away from Mia. Or the day they talked for two minutes on the pier before Lucas ran off to have a five minute scene with Sami. Can't remember which came first.

It really looks bad for Lucas to go and rant and rave at Chloe, knowing there's a possibility that it'll harm her. Isn't the coma and the arrest of Dan enough?

I like Nicole, but layers and all that aside, I don't care for this direction with her as the fount of wisdom trying to help EJ see the light. It's supposed to be redemptive, but it's disgusting for her to stand there telling EJ that he's causing Sami's pain, and comforting Sami, when she is the one who set this whole mess in motion, and is raising Sami's child. All these little steps she's taking to help Sami are too little, too late, and laughable considering considering the scope of what she's done.

A bit of the old Sami came back today. That was good, but instead of standing around crying she should realize that if Rafe really is a killer, she and her kids are better off. Isn't that why she had to hide Grace from the Dimeras?

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Marian
Aug 6 2009, 08:03 PM
EJ should have punched Rafe for basically telling him he had no right to grieve his child! HE'S the one that kept her away from him! HE'S the reason EJ didn't get to know her while she was living! (putting aside the fact that she's not really his just for a second here). He has every right to grieve. Sami had ever right to get angry when he did it without saying anything to her. Those events were plausible and right for me. It killed me that Rafe got involved and said what he said. He had no right to get involved.
I don't think Rafe ever said that EJ should not grieve for Grace. I believe what he said was that EJ should appreciate what he has and quit tormenting Sami over the loss of Grace.
Why are we blaming Rafe for Sami's not telling EJ about Grace? This was Sami's idea from the beginning. Rafe even told her in WP not to keep the father from knowing, but Sami insisted. Now, it is Rafe's fault? All he did, by Sami's own admission to her father, was to keep her secret for her. He didn't suggest she hide who Grace's real fathe was--- Sami did that.
Rafe was just standing up for the woman he loves. It was when EJ told them to get out of his house in 5 seconds, that Rafe told him if you ever pull another stunt like that, there will be hell to pay for it.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

six
Aug 7 2009, 06:40 PM
Credit where credit's due, Rafe actually had some good advice for Will. I know the purpose of this was to give Rafe the scandalous dirt on Mia, but it's weird that we've gotten WiJ and Wafe scenes but Lucas hasn't seen Will since the day he told him to stay away from Mia. Or the day they talked for two minutes on the pier before Lucas ran off to have a five minute scene with Sami. Can't remember which came first.

It really looks bad for Lucas to go and rant and rave at Chloe, knowing there's a possibility that it'll harm her. Isn't the coma and the arrest of Dan enough?

I like Nicole, but layers and all that aside, I don't care for this direction with her as the fount of wisdom trying to help EJ see the light. It's supposed to be redemptive, but it's disgusting for her to stand there telling EJ that he's causing Sami's pain, and comforting Sami, when she is the one who set this whole mess in motion, and is raising Sami's child. All these little steps she's taking to help Sami are too little, too late, and laughable considering considering the scope of what she's done.

A bit of the old Sami came back today. That was good, but instead of standing around crying she should realize that if Rafe really is a killer, she and her kids are better off. Isn't that why she had to hide Grace from the Dimeras?
Sami knows full well that Rafe is no killer. He risked his life how many times for her and Grace? If he was a killer, he wouldn't have done that and he wouldn't have been in the FBI.

I agree that Rafe had good advice for Will. He has been there for Will while his father has been absent since those few minutes in the park the day of Grace's funeral. Then, he talked to Sami for a few minutes and that's all the interaction they have had. Now, Lucas is going to tell Sami that it is possible that Rafe killed his fiancee? Lucas doesn't even know Rafe. Have they even met? How dumb is that?

six
Member Avatar

People in law enforcement murder people all the time, and just because you kill one person doesn't mean you're going to go on a killing spree, killing everybody, or that you'd never protect anyone else. If she wasn't worried that the letter might have some truth to it, she wouldn't have confronted him with it.
Edited by six, Aug 7 2009, 07:11 PM.

heidi
Member Avatar

"Cloe is dying and only I can save her." Give me a frigging break. This guy has the ego of a politician.

"Why are you going to believe Meridith over me when you haven't even asked me about it?" Defensive much? I'm asking you about it now, dumbass.

Ari looks more gorgeous than ever lately. I like her a little rounder in the face and figure. Maybe it's the pregnancy hormones, but she is glowing. I'm sure I never glowed when pregnant. I was pale, nauseous and fat.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

magicsteacher
Aug 7 2009, 07:00 PM
six

Sami knows full well that Rafe is no killer. He risked his life how many times for her and Grace? If he was a killer, he wouldn't have done that and he wouldn't have been in the FBI.

I agree that Rafe had good advice for Will. He has been there for Will while his father has been absent since those few minutes in the park the day of Grace's funeral. Then, he talked to Sami for a few minutes and that's all the interaction they have had. Now, Lucas is going to tell Sami that it is possible that Rafe killed his fiancee? Lucas doesn't even know Rafe. Have they even met? How dumb is that?
Well...given that none of them really know Rafe...and he has admitted that his fiance died tragically and it was his fault...and then Sami gets a letter from her sister telling her that Rafe killed her... I don't think it's dumb for Lucas to make that assumption at all.

heidi
Member Avatar

six

I read it completely differently. I don't think she's doing it in a redemptive way, and she's not trying to help Sami. It's all still self serving. She want's E.J. to drop it, to move on and stop obsessing about Sami and Grace, and to stop meddling in the situation and asking questions that might lead to her being uncovered. E.J is just not the type to give up on obsessions. Not gonna happen.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

heidi
Aug 7 2009, 09:14 PM
six

I read it completely differently. I don't think she's doing it in a redemptive way, and she's not trying to help Sami. It's all still self serving. She want's E.J. to drop it, to move on and stop obsessing about Sami and Grace, and to stop meddling in the situation and asking questions that might lead to her being uncovered. E.J is just not the type to give up on obsessions. Not gonna happen.
if that's true, then why did she bother to tell sami about the tombstone, or help her get custody of johnny? i'm not saying nicole is a saint by any stretch, but not everything she does makes sense if you assume everything she does is self-serving. she had nothing to gain by helping sami in either of those situations. and actually, if you really think about it, the best thing for her to do if she wants to keep ej's suspicions at bay is for her to hate sami as much as he does. what makes him suspicious is the way nicole constantly sticks up for sami.

sarahjay

wouldn't it be great if because sami was pregant when she signed the papers that the annullment wasn't legal and she is still married to ej. could that be the reason there was no pre-nup?

Sindacco
Member Avatar

dooldooldool
Aug 7 2009, 04:30 AM
Sindacco
Aug 6 2009, 10:39 AM
Victor would still be his father.
Philip Robert Marais.

Ivan made a sperm donation for "Madame".
http://www.bethsdayspage.com/days/embryos.html

True, Victor and Kate raised Philip (especially that traumatic year 1999, when, overnight, the boy grew from toddler to high school sophomore.)

Then again, genetic matter seems to matter little to Prince Kiriakis. He gave up his own bio-son when the producers decided they couldn't saddle their young hero with an ailing child.
So Ivan is Philip's father? I don't remember that at all.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply