Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
An Early Look at Days: Episode # 185, July 29, 1966
Topic Started: Aug 3 2009, 05:31 PM (546 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

A poster at YouTube recently posted an episode of "Days of Our Lives" from 1966. Take a step back in time and watch episode # 185, which was aired 43 years ago this week on Friday, July 29, 1966. The cast members featured in the episode are Macdonald Carey (Tom), Charla Doherty (Julie), Clive Clerk (David) and Denise Alexander (Susan). Only Alexander is still alive. This episode is the 18th written by William J. Bell, who was in his first month of being head writer of "Days." This was also one of the last episodes taped before co-creator/executive producer Ted Corday died on July 23, 1966. The episode was taped on July 20, 1966 and Corday's name is seen in the credits for one of the last times. As of episode # 188, his widow, Betty Corday, would become the executive producer. Three sets are used in the episode: Horton Front Porch, Tom's Study, and David's Car. Three flashbacks are also seen in the episode, two from episode # 172 and one from episode # 181. http://www.jason47.com/days/episode185.html
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dr. Chip

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing, Jason!

jam6242
Member Avatar

Wow, thanks Jason! This is terrific. The Susan/Julie rivalry is one of my first soap memories and one of the reasons I got hooked on Days a long, long time ago (though Susan Seaforth had taken over the role of Julie by the time I started watching). I'd give anything to see more clips from the 60s & 70s.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply