Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD Cover and Preview, 8/18 issue
Topic Started: Aug 5 2009, 12:12 AM (1,459 Views)
Ellie

http://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/topic/31371-sod-all-soaps-81809/

Posted Image

DAYS goes for extreme over-kill on the children in peril front: Bo and Hope's little girl is kidnapped. "The important factor is what it does to their (B/H) relationship and how it changes." EJ tells Lexie he still loves Sami...then goes home and professes his love to Nicole. Lousie Sorel Returns: Says Corday, "She'll have a helluva entrance and a big mystery and will be part of the story with the characters she was involved with before, especially Victor and Carly."

LATE-BREAKING NEWS
Hartley Joins DAYS - On axing FT: "There's a chance to cast upwards here."
GL's Lisa Brown Returns
Y&R's Patty Is Found Out!
ATWT: Henry Is James's Son!
OLTL's David Gets Real
AMC: Zach and Jesse Free Kendall
GH Teens on the Run
Randi Finds Trevor on AMC
B&B's Fashion Face-Off

HOT PLOTS PREVIEW!
GH: Maxie Says Yes
OLTL: Stacy Gets Desperate
Y&R: Sharon's Surprising Deal
ATWT: Kim Has a Heart Attack!

EDITORS' CHOICE: In Love and Loss, GH
PERFORMER OF THE WEEK: Florencia Lozano (Tea, OLTL)

CASTING: Melissa Rivers, Alan Thicke, Jim J. Bullock and Morgan Fairchild all appear on B&B during the week of 8/10. Kristian Alfonso has signed a one-year contract with DAYS.

STUFF WE KNOW... OLTL looks to be casting a young female teenager; suspicions are she'll be Tea's daughter. Jeanne Cooper and C. LeBlanc will appear on GL. East Coast actress' story was going to cross paths with a vets story, actress is relieved when the idea is dropped because said vet has a rep for mixing business with pleasure. Several AMC actors are woried they're about to be fired ... due to their lack of storyline (that's pre L.A. discovery). One West Coast leading lady may not be long for her fictional town, despite her popularity. I guess this next line is supposed to be a (not very good) clue, "that'll help the falling ratings."

[Update: The "Another Big Return?!" refers to Sabatino, who we now know is returning. Thanks to Angela at SON for all of the info!]

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

"There's a chance to cast upwards here" - let me guess who that quote is from. OUCH.

Mason

WTF? Henry is James's son? That's so stupid and completely unnecessary.

Vivian's return story sounds VERY exciting! I hope it lives up to the hype.

Mason

Ellie
Aug 5 2009, 12:14 AM
"There's a chance to cast upwards here" - let me guess who that quote is from. OUCH.
Yeah, more of the famous Corday class. :eyeroll:
Edited by Mason, Aug 5 2009, 12:18 AM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Wow...classless comment from Corday. I'm sure there is more to it then that but still.

Sorel's return sounds fantastic. This regime loves Victor so I figured he would be involved.

Glad the Bo and Hope stuff is getting going. Glad Kristian resigned too.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Great news all around..Glad KA signed on for another year..And Vivian's return sounds wonderful..Glad they mentioned Victor being in her storyline..

Ellie

First post updated: Angela at SON, who posted this, clarified that "Another Big Return?!" is referring to Sabatino. (Who we now know is returning.) I think Kenny called this the 'Missy Reeves syndrome', lol. I might give it a new name now. :wink:

Kenny
Member Avatar

The Vivian story sounds awesome! I love that her entrance will be memorable and I love even more that she'll be involved with Victor and Carly. Meanwhile, the comment on "casting upwards?" Corday is a douche nozzle.

lene
Member Avatar

WOHO!!!!!!!!!! Ejami:D :D

lastDays
Member Avatar

"One west coast leading lady may not be long for her fictional town" Someone on Days I bet.Either LK or NB

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Ellie
Aug 5 2009, 12:14 AM

Jeezits. What a dick. :(

Can't wait to have Vivian back on screen. The story at this point sounds great! Here's hoping they don't screw it up.

And EJ still loves Sami? Of course, he does. Who didn't know that? :wub2:

lastDays
Member Avatar

It sounds like Ciara is killed from the front cover headline.This is probsbly what opens the door for the Carly triangle

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Ugh, Corday. Now that he's said shit about Vivian's return I'm convinced it's going to suck ass, because what he says is the opposite of what comes to pass. She'll come on and be a foil to Mia and Will or some shit.

And yeah- the "cast upwards" quote is beyond rude and unnecessary. Has Hartley ever been on a magazine cover before?

OLTL- Stacy "gets" desperate? So everything to this point was a warmup?

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

px780
Aug 5 2009, 10:03 AM
Ugh, Corday. Now that he's said shit about Vivian's return I'm convinced it's going to suck ass, because what he says is the opposite of what comes to pass. She'll come on and be a foil to Mia and Will or some shit.
Don't even joke about that. Though with my luck she'll turn out to be Melanie's grandmother somehow or else she'll just adopt her because she loves her so and I will have to watch yet another character I love sacrificed at the altar of Melanie.

Quote:

"One west coast leading lady may not be long for her fictional town" Someone on Days I bet.Either LK or NB

I've been wondering about those two for months. I know I'd never get so lucky as for it to be AS. If it is Days, could also be AZ if she's thinking of not returning after she gives birth. That would definitely make it easier to take Days off Tivo, especially if the Vivian and Lawrence returns suck, as I fear they somehow magically might.

Tammy
Member Avatar

The stupid just rolls off Corday's tongue :shame:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply