Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Rachel Melvin blog entry: "Four months later..."; new interview added 8/11
Topic Started: Aug 5 2009, 02:37 AM (2,606 Views)
Ellie

http://rachelmelvinblog.blogspot.com/2009/08/four-months-later.html

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Four months later...

What a whirlwind my life has been since my last day on D.O.O.L. It's already been four months (can you believe it?) and I feel like it was just yesterday that I was filming my final scenes.

I know I've been quiet lately, mainly because of how busy I've been with my upcoming projects, but I've finally found a moment to catch you up on what I've been up to since I left "chelsea" behind.

As I'm sure most of you have heard, in early June I was to cast to play the character Annie on NBC's "Heroes". While I can't give away storyline, I can tell you that Annie is introduced as Claire's college roomate on the season four premire, which I believe will air sometime in early-mid September. My experience on this set has been an extremely positive one. The "Heroes" cast and crew are remarkably fun, and I was excited to transition back into the world of primetime television. I can't believe how much different it is than working on a soap- I almost forgot! I really hope you guys enjoy watching this character as much as I enjoyed portraying her. She is so different than Chelsea, as well as most of the other characters I've been fortunate enough to play. She's definitely one of a kind and in my opinion, quite funny. So stayed tuned for the season premire, and I will keep you posted as to the exact air date once it becomes available.

I'm also really excited to share with you news of my most recent project, which I'll begin filming later this month in Victora, BC. I play a vampy, Gossip Girl-esque teen, bored with life, willing to test the boundaries and flirt with danger, no matter the consequences. I'm very excited about this project and can't wait to start filming. As for actual project information including its' title...well, I'll stay mysterious for now. :)

Going back to the world of soaps for a brief moment, I had my fitting for my emmy dress today, which I am very excited to hop into come awards ceremony time. It's absolutely gorgeous! It's designed by Randolph Duke, a very talented individual, who's work I can't wait to show off on August 30th! So far, everything pertaining to the Emmys is going smoothy, I'll even be lucky enough to take a break from filming to return to LA for the evening. (Hopefully to witness a few wins on the DOOL front).

In regards to my personal life, Murphy and I are still overly content in our relatively new apartment, I'm still happily dating the Handsome Man, as I commonly refer to him, and I'm enjoying my downtime finding new things to do to keep me out of this summer heat!

Hope everyone is well, and once again, thanks for all your support :)

All the best,
Rachel

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lene
Member Avatar

awww, she's awesome:)

lastDays
Member Avatar

So awesome to learn things are going so well for Rachel :thumbsup:

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Yay! Go Rachel! I hope her future keeps getting brighter.

Thanks for posting, Ellie!

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Its great that she has so many things going on so quick after getting off the DAYS set.

darraholic
Member Avatar

I'm glad she's finding work. Hopefully she takes home the emmy.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

What does she mean "transition back into primetime?" I didn't know she was there before.

Still rooting for her, glad to hear she's busy. Thanks for posting!

Deleted User
Deleted User

px780
Aug 5 2009, 09:56 AM
What does she mean "transition back into primetime?" I didn't know she was there before.

Still rooting for her, glad to hear she's busy. Thanks for posting!
She's done a couple guest roles before Days.

Glad to hear she's doing well. I love her.
Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

I don't know why I thought this because it's not titled this way, but I totally was expecting this to be one of those lame Chelsea Brady whatever Angel blogs. There was about to be a rant!

specialcases
Member Avatar
your own "personal" Jesus

Thanks Ellie....but now I'm very confused about her role as "Annie" on Heroes. While looking for Heroes spoilers, I came across the Comic-Con preview and there is a completely different actress playing who seems to be Claire's college roommate:

http://heroesspoilers-odi.blogspot.com/2009/07/first-official-season-4-teaser-trailer.html

then I see this article while checking IMDB:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1560493/news#ni0900511

Quote:

"Heroes" debuts Claire's lesbian love interest at Comic-Con

28 July 2009 11:00 AM, PDT | From AfterEllen.com | See recent AfterEllen.com news

In a case of life imitating art, reports of the Heroes lesbian storyline have shifted and morphed more times than Sylar. Initially it was announced that Rachel Melvin of Days of Our Lives would play Claire's love interest in Season 4, but over the weekend, it was revealed that Madeline Zima would play Gretchen, Claire's college roommate and fling. Zima's last role was Mia Cross, the jailbait vixen who seduces David Duchovny's character Hank Moody in Californication.

so I'm wondering if Claire has 2 roommates and Rachel is just one of them? I hope this doesn't mean she has a smaller role than I thought. I was really looking forward to seeing her on Heroes

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

Good for her,,she is talented,and she seems like a lovely girl!!I am happy for her!!

mer4santo
Member Avatar

good for her! Glad she is finding success outside of Days. Did she move out of LA?

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

specialcases
Aug 5 2009, 12:40 PM
Thanks Ellie....but now I'm very confused about her role as "Annie" on Heroes. While looking for Heroes spoilers, I came across the Comic-Con preview and there is a completely different actress playing who seems to be Claire's college roommate:

http://heroesspoilers-odi.blogspot.com/2009/07/first-official-season-4-teaser-trailer.html

Quote:

28 July 2009 11:00 AM, PDT | From AfterEllen.com | See recent AfterEllen.com news

In a case of life imitating art, reports of the Heroes lesbian storyline have shifted and morphed more times than Sylar. Initially it was announced that Rachel Melvin of Days of Our Lives would play Claire's love interest in Season 4, but over the weekend, it was revealed that Madeline Zima would play Gretchen, Claire's college roommate and fling. Zima's last role was Mia Cross, the jailbait vixen who seduces David Duchovny's character Hank Moody in Californication.

so I'm wondering if Claire has 2 roommates and Rachel is just one of them? I hope this doesn't mean she has a smaller role than I thought. I was really looking forward to seeing her on Heroes
l'll try to answer this, since I'm a huge Heroes fan.

Yes, from what we can tell, there will be 2 roommates for Claire. One is played by RM, the other will be played by the actress who was on the Nanny (Zima). Earlier on, it was reported it would be RM's character who would be participating in a lesbian kiss with Claire (if I'm not mistaken, it came from Kristen on TV Guide). The news went like wildfire crazy, and most fans see it as a stunt rather then an actual storyline.

Since then, it's obvious now the roommate with the bigger part will be Zima's, (she shows up all throughout this season's new "trailer") so therefore everyone presumes it's Zima's character who will be the one to tempt Claire to experiment. As far as RM's part (Annie), we have little information outside of the misreported "kiss" and that she will be a roommate. RM's own blog which talks of her next projects he is already working on leads me to believe the part will only show up in the premier.

And that's all I have so far, hope it helps.

specialcases
Member Avatar
your own "personal" Jesus

Tripp
Aug 5 2009, 01:22 PM
specialcases
Aug 5 2009, 12:40 PM

Quote:

l'll try to answer this, since I'm a huge Heroes fan.

Yes, from what we can tell, there will be 2 roommates for Claire. One is played by RM, the other will be played by the actress who was on the Nanny (Zima). Earlier on, it was reported it would be RM's character who would be participating in a lesbian kiss with Claire (if I'm not mistaken, it came from Kristen on TV Guide). The news went like wildfire crazy, and most fans see it as a stunt rather then an actual storyline.

Since then, it's obvious now the roommate with the bigger part will be Zima's, (she shows up all throughout this season's new "trailer") so therefore everyone presumes it's Zima's character who will be the one to tempt Claire to experiment. As far as RM's part (Annie), we have little information outside of the misreported "kiss" and that she will be a roommate. RM's own blog which talks of her next projects he is already working on leads me to believe the part will only show up in the premier.

And that's all I have so far, hope it helps.
ah, ok, thanks for the info :)

littlemony
Member Avatar
Queen of the Underground

So happy for her. I am also a huge Heroes fan, so I can't wait to see her on the show.

I have read spoilers that Claire will have 2 roommates, Gretchen and Annie. One will commit suicide, but the spoilers are conflicting as it is not clear which one will die. Hope it's Gretchen!

Wonder what her new project is?

Can403

I like Rachel Melvin. She seems like a nice person who is down to earth.

Bradyclan

Love that girl. I miss seeing her on Days but glad she's getting work. Hopefully, she'll take home the emmy.

Concerning Heroes, I think she only had one guest role with option of being recurring. I watched the season 4 trailer and I suspect Annie will be the one ending up dead.

As for her new project, I'm curious as to what it is. Some popular series are shot in or around Vancouver like Smallville, Supernatural, Fringe, the new V series.Twilight is shot up there as well.

Can't wait to find out and I wish her the best.

evilD
Member Avatar

This could be a Twilight related project. If I'm not mistaken, I think they're about to start shooting the 3rd movie of the series in Vancouver or Victoria so it really could be about Twilight. Don't mean by any stretch of the imagination that I'd somehow go see the movie when it'll come out since I hate anything Harry Potter or Twilight-like.

One thing I'll watch will be Heroes. Even if she's only in a handful of episodes, this should be really good.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Great read and very happy for her!

I hope she wins the Emmy too. As much as I love her, I'm shocked that I don't miss her much from Days. Maybe because she was hardly used in her final 6 or so months.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

New interview with Rachel:

http://www.nextonheroes.com/2009/08/11/interview-with-rachel-melvin/

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply