Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD Summary: Hartley joins Days!; August 18th issue
Topic Started: Aug 5 2009, 11:14 AM (2,256 Views)
Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I'm excited for Lindsay and look forward to her on my soap...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

'There's a chance to cast upwards here.'"

Ouch!

sungrey

And the funny thing, Jane, is I actually think Molly and Eric have the best chemistry of the bunch. Even if they don't go the Melanie/Brady route romantically, they're a hilarious comic team.

I'll see how Lindsay does on Days. I'm more happy about the returning Days vets like Louise, Wally and Crystal, so I hope this is the last ex-Passions actor we'll see coming on.

desertgal

Really happy to see Lindsay joining Days. She will do well with the role of Arianna. I do feel badly for Felicia and wish her all the best.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I don't mind Felisha as an actress, but I don't care about the character at all. I just don't care about Rafe or Arianna. Lindsay in the role may help change my mind though; since part of the reason I don't like the character is that I don't see much chemistry with Felisha and Eric.

Replace Galen and maybe I will have some interest in Rafe.

Alligato
Member Avatar

I just have absolutely no respect for Corday as a businessman or as a person.
I can't believe Days PR doesn't muzzle him because his comments really affect how I view his show.

FT might not have been the best actress, but she was hella better than a few others on that show. It is shitty of him to call her out like that.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Well I LOVE Linds,but Ken Corday is an a**,why does anyone let him do interviews still?

lastDays
Member Avatar

There is more truth to the Youtube spoofs of this jackass Corday than ayone ever realized.He truly doesn't give a shit about the actors and he openly puts them down.KC is the main reason why Days is in dire straits :puke:
Edited by lastDays, Aug 5 2009, 06:01 PM.

Nicole Walker

This is one time I could kiss Ken!! I am so happy that LH is taking over the role of Arianna cause FT was not cutting it for me. She needs to go back to acting classes like Ari did and improve.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Aug 5 2009, 12:31 PM
But I think it's ridiculous that some of the same posters that used to praise Terrell and talk about how she's decent, now all of a sudden claim she's lacking talent or holding up production. Where was all of this speculation just a few weeks ago before Hartley's news broke? There was none.
It was never brought up by many because she had hardly any material beyond typical "everyday" scenes of fluff. Only over the last few weeks has she seen actual meaty material with the whole mystery with her and the drugs and her romance with Brady heating up. That is why I think the show didn't see that she wasn't working until only recently. You can't tell until you see how much talent and potential is there and in the past few weeks her limitations have been exposed.

Personally, I like Felisha. I think she would've been fine with Darin Brooks and I think your right that alot of this has to do with the long-term plan changing but I also think there is more to it then that and not just the whole banking on Lindsey and Eric's chemistry. I do think her inexperience was a factor and Corday's line about efficiency screamed that she was holding back production. It's speculation but that was what I read it as.

Anyway, I've seen people bring up issues with her acting. I've brought it up a few times too. I'm not posting as often as I used to so perhaps my posts on the issue weren't seen but I posted alot about my issues with Terrell in the initial Lindsey Hartley thread and even mentioned how she was adding nothing to her scenes a few weeks ago and how her chemistry with Eric was forced. I agree with Jane in that I'm puzzled too as to why they didn't use Arianna rather then Melanie a few times since they had already started interacting Brady with Arianna so it would've been better buildup then all the bumping into each other scenes. For some reason, they didn't do it.

Terrell wasn't bad. She proved she could handle everyday stuff ok and I think she can do snarky too. I remember a snarky line she had about Chloe at the Pub back in May. She has potential but I think she just didn't work with Eric Martsolf nor did she seem to fit with where the character was going. The more material she's gotten, the more obvious it's become IMO that she just isn't a good fit.

However, Felisha Terrell was pretty good today IMO. Yesterday she was just lifeless and a mess but today she was at ease and added some charm to her scenes with Brady. I guess she's just very hit or miss. Perhaps it depends on the direction she gets. I just think this is a good move but we'll see.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply