Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: EJ says, "I still love Sami!"; August 18th issues; Summary of Articles
Topic Started: Aug 5 2009, 11:54 AM (8,141 Views)
jane1978

Dragonish1
Aug 5 2009, 12:07 PM
So is Scott hinting to a end for Ejole, soon? Sounds that way....I guess in the fall perhaps. thanks Ellie. I am ready for this baby switch sl to be OVER.
Im kind of neutral here, but is there anyone who doubted Ejole will be over after the babyswitch? I think it was obvious from the moment they made Brady fall in love with Nicole again so she has someone to catch her on after everything blows over. And with Rafe and Sami building a solid relationship meantime and Brady and Arianna falling in love as well the setup is perfect.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

shaw
Member Avatar

Alligato
Aug 5 2009, 01:28 PM
JS said it perfectly..."CONFUSING". I don't know WTF is going on with EJ or Sami or Nicole, but I am honestly losing interest.

If EJ honestly has loving feelings about a woman who totally fucked with his life and screwed him over the way she did, I guess we are back to him "losing his brains and balls".
And with all the obvious anvils that we are given to suggest that EJ might have feelings for Sami (cuz goodness knows it really can't be explained subtly), I would love to see something, anything that suggests that Sami has a slight interest in EJ. That has always been the EJami problem. Sami has never shown to give a shit about EJ. She vomits the love all over Rafe, but she can hardly stand in a room with EJ and not roll her eyes.
This truly is one fucked up story...but then again, that is the EJami MO.

But yea, I agree that EJ and Nicole have been going nowhere for months and I look forward to movement.

Nice to see so many people back at DR! ;)
I missed the part where Sami said she loved Elvass. I mean really one pity screw because she was lonely and everybody is like she must love him. Onetime sex does not a love match make in my opinion. She wants lucas and she will get him back soon. :makeout:

shaw
Member Avatar

JANALH
Aug 5 2009, 01:47 PM
mer4santo
Aug 5 2009, 01:46 PM
shaw
Aug 5 2009, 01:42 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
Is Sami a 'good' guy? :drunk:
Word. :rockon:
Nope she is a good girl :blah:

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

shaw
Aug 5 2009, 01:52 PM
JANALH
mer4santo

since when? :huh:

AngelOB
Member Avatar
Life is awesome

shaw
JANALH
mer4santo

Ewww, Sami forced to become a good girl is what makes the show so boring, Sami is a natural born schemer and any man in her life who can't support that doesn't deserve her. Why should she have to change to suit a man's moral standard?

six
Member Avatar

jane1978
Aug 5 2009, 01:49 PM
Dragonish1
So is Scott hinting to a end for Ejole, soon? Sounds that way....I guess in the fall perhaps. thanks Ellie. I am ready for this baby switch sl to be OVER.
Im kind of neutral here, but is there anyone who doubted Ejole will be over after the babyswitch?
Surprisingly, yes. If I've learned one thing about soap boards, it's that there's no end to the ways people will interpret things to put their couple's future in a good light.
Edited by six, Aug 5 2009, 02:00 PM.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

shaw
JANALH
mer4santo

Yeah,,fucking right...Sami is born to be bad,,and thats how people want to see her,,not some boring ass milktoast character..bad Sami rules!! :rockon:
Edited by EjsGaGirl, Aug 5 2009, 01:59 PM.

samixxx
Member Avatar

Thanks for the summary. Only thing I'm interested in is what Lexie's response will be, if she chorus the obsession is not healthy that Nicole, Stefano and Rafe have been telling Ej, or not.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

AngelOB
Aug 5 2009, 01:57 PM
shaw
JANALH

Ewww, Sami forced to become a good girl is what makes the show so boring, Sami is a natural born schemer and any man in her life who can't support that doesn't deserve her. Why should she have to change to suit a man's moral standard?
Preach it, sista! :hail: :hail:

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

samixxx
Aug 5 2009, 02:03 PM
Thanks for the summary. Only thing I'm interested in is what Lexie's response will be, if she chorus the obsession is not healthy that Nicole, Stefano and Rafe have been telling Ej, or not.
Lexie hates Sami's guts down to her very core...so I'll be shocked if she doesn't run EJ up a pole for admitting he still loves her.
Of course...that is the way it's been in the past. With these writers, who knows?

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

samixxx
Aug 5 2009, 02:03 PM
Uh,,it says Loves her,,not obsessed with her...and I am sure Lexie WISHES her brother did not love SAmi,,but he does.

AngelOB
Member Avatar
Life is awesome

We will have to see how keen Lexie is on Nicole once the baby scheme is exposed. Of course using Lexie as a reference for behaviour is questionable at best.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

AngelOB
Aug 5 2009, 02:12 PM
We will have to see how keen Lexie is on Nicole once the baby scheme is exposed. Of course using Lexie as a reference for behaviour is questionable at best.
:lol: Exactly,how many times has she cheated on poor Abe??

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

six
Aug 5 2009, 01:58 PM
jane1978
Dragonish1
Im kind of neutral here, but is there anyone who doubted Ejole will be over after the babyswitch?
Surprisingly, yes. If I've learned one thing about soap boards, it's that there's no end to the ways people will interpret things to put their couple's future in a good light.
Yes, EJami fans have certainly proved that.

To answer jane's question, as an EJ and Nicole fan, I have always assumed there would be a breakup of some undetermined timeframe after the baby switch reveal, but I have also assumed the possibility that they would reunite. I also did not automatically conclude that EJ and Nicole breaking up meant EJ and Sami would get together.

The bottom line is that I don't know what the writers will do, and I don't think EJ and Nicole getting back together at some point after the reveal is any more ridiculous than thinking EJ and Sami would be a loving couple after everything he did to her and her family. I don't think I'm ridiculous, stupid or blind to think there are a variety of ways things could play out. If they don't play out the way I like, I have the choice to either turn off the TV or keep watching but find some other couple to be interested in. I've watched Days off and on since 1987 and in that time I've seen more than one couple that I liked end. It's not like it would mean the end of my reason for being. I always have football and basketball to keep me entertained.

littlemony
Member Avatar
Queen of the Underground

Thanks for posting Ellie. This makes my heart happy :wub:
Edited by littlemony, Aug 5 2009, 02:33 PM.

#1days
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Aug 5 2009, 12:03 PM
Ellie
Aug 5 2009, 11:54 AM
Please link to DR.

This week's SOD features an interview with James Scott.

When EJ learns that Rafe and Sami have broken up, he rethinks his feelings for Sami. James Scott says that EJ is "conflicted". Scott continues that "It's hard to hate somebody you love. But it's easy at the same time. But you don't want to hate them and you hate yourself for wishing you didn't hate them." He says it's "very confusing" and that there are "multiple layers".

Scott tells SOD that Will is the one to tell EJ that Sami and Rafe have split. Will is happy that Rafe is moving out. Scott says that for many people, "Rafe is playing the hero", but for EJ this doesn't fit "because Rafe broke into his house and spied on his family". Scott continues that while Sami had a reason to keep Grace from him, Rafe didn't.

EJ goes to Grace's grave, and Lexie sees him there and overhears him talking to himself about Sami. Scott says "he does still love her", but after EJ tells Lexie he still has feelings for Sami, EJ goes home and tells Nicole how much he loves her. Scott says that "there's a pattern that emerges with EJ, Sami and Nicole", which is that when EJ "has some kind of experience emotionally", it makes him realize he may have feelings for Sami.

SOD then asks Scott about Nicole's feelings. Scott says that Nicole has a reason to be insecure, "in the same way that [EJ] has reason to be insecure every time she leaves the house", because Nicole "isn't exactly forthcoming" on where she's going or who she's going to talk to. Scott concludes, "There's a lot on both sides of the track here. It's a dim relationship. Let's be honest - it ain't going nowhere!"

Ahhhhh.... :D :D :D *soaks in the balm to my EJami lovin' heart*

I have to admit, I wasn't expecting much from this article, despite the cover. But it sounds much better than I had hoped. It's interesting to see that JS sees it exactly as I have all along...EJ can't get over Sami because the simple truth is, he loves her. Unconditionally, unrelentingly and irrevocably. To have suffered the pain she just put him through and come to realize he still loves her? Oh yeah...that is JUST want I want to read!

And this?
Quote:

SOD then asks Scott about Nicole's feelings. Scott says that Nicole has a reason to be insecure, "in the same way that [EJ] has reason to be insecure every time she leaves the house", because Nicole "isn't exactly forthcoming" on where she's going or who she's going to talk to. Scott concludes, "There's a lot on both sides of the track here. It's a dim relationship. Let's be honest - it ain't going nowhere!"

MAJOR bonus!!! :cheer: :cheer:
ITA! EJ's love is still there, just like we've always said. :wub: :cheer: :cheer:

six
Member Avatar

Paxton
Aug 5 2009, 02:31 PM
six
Aug 5 2009, 01:58 PM
jane1978

Yes, EJami fans have certainly proved that.

To answer jane's question, as an EJ and Nicole fan, I have always assumed there would be a breakup of some undetermined timeframe after the baby switch reveal, but I have also assumed the possibility that they would reunite. I also did not automatically conclude that EJ and Nicole breaking up meant EJ and Sami would get together.

The bottom line is that I don't know what the writers will do, and I don't think EJ and Nicole getting back together at some point after the reveal is any more ridiculous than thinking EJ and Sami would be a loving couple after everything he did to her and her family. I don't think I'm ridiculous, stupid or blind to think there are a variety of ways things could play out. If they don't play out the way I like, I have the choice to either turn off the TV or keep watching but find some other couple to be interested in. I've watched Days off and on since 1987 and in that time I've seen more than one couple that I liked end. It's not like it would mean the end of my reason for being. I always have football and basketball to keep me entertained.
I agree. Every fanbase has proved it. Bet you didn't see that coming. There's a reason that there was no particular fanbase named in that. I've seen speculation from almost every group out there that makes me think things from "huh, that's a reach" to "you've got to be kidding."

On numerous occasions, I've said that I never count any relationship out for good. The characters bounce back and forth, until they get a "happily ever after" overseas somewhere, so that's not what I'm talking about. The spec that EJ will be so happy that he has Sydney that he'll gloss over the fact that Nicole let him grieve Grace and kept the secret that the ejole baby is dead, and they'll stay together? Or that Grace is the real Sydney, or that Sydney is the real baby ejole? Yea, maybe years from now the writers will switch things up, but it's not happening now unless they're trying to kill Days. You don't build up months of a fallout between Mia, Sami, EJ and Nicole, then toss it all away so ejole can stay happy.

I'm pretty lukewarm toward ejami due to my current annoyance and boredom with Sami, anyway. There's no reason to feel the need to bring ejami into my post.
Edited by six, Aug 5 2009, 03:04 PM.

Cookala

I never ~ even for a moment ~ doubted EJ's love for Samantha, in spite of the hell they've been through recently, but to finally hear it come from James Scott? :cheer:

That's half the battle, People. Now Samantha needs some kind of revelation which is like pulling teeth when it comes to these writers.

I don't know how they'll do it, but I'm hoping the character of Nicole can somehow be salvaged (which is not the same as redeemed) because AZ is an amazing actress and an asset to the show.

esp13
Member Avatar

I don't think Paxton suggested that EJ and Nicole would just stay happy after the reveal. What she said was that she expected a separation but that there was nothing that ruled out an eventual reunion. And EJole fans aren't stupid or ridiculous for believing in that possibility.

Of course there is going to be fallout from all of this, but what that fallout eventually leads to is another question. And I don't think that an EJ/Nicole reunion is out of the question.

six
Member Avatar

esp13
Aug 5 2009, 03:12 PM
I don't think Paxton suggested that EJ and Nicole would just stay happy after the reveal. What she said was that she expected a separation but that there was nothing that ruled out an eventual reunion. And EJole fans aren't stupid or ridiculous for believing in that possibility.

Of course there is going to be fallout from all of this, but what that fallout eventually leads to is another question. And I don't think that an EJ/Nicole reunion is out of the question.
The original response about people seeing things in rose colored glasses, and explanation of that point weren't directed at her views.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply