Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: EJ says, "I still love Sami!"; August 18th issues; Summary of Articles
Topic Started: Aug 5 2009, 11:54 AM (8,125 Views)
Tammy101
Member Avatar

My ejami lovin heart has been re-started. Ahh, good news at last. Now it is time for Samantha to admit her feelings for Ej...Gosh I love this couple!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nicole Walker

I think EJ is screwed. With Rafe in the pic, I think we'll get STefano/Marlena/John part 2.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Nicole Dimera
Aug 6 2009, 12:06 PM
I think EJ is screwed. With Rafe in the pic, I think we'll get STefano/Marlena/John part 2.
I don't think so primarily because James Scott is too valuable as a romantic leading man. It would be a waste to not pair him with someone. No offense to Joe M. but I don't think the same was quite true in the John/Marlena/Stefano years. :shrug:

Nicole Walker

^It's already been wasted. I don't think Safe is going anywhere and they could have done Ejami there's no excuse at all. They purposely brought in Rafe and that was not expected by us at all and I don't expect Sami to just let Rafe go either. So I do think that EJ might end up alone like his dear old dad and it's not like JS isn't good at playing the bad guy cause he certainly is. But I think as long as EJ is obsessed with Sami he'll never have a good relationship with anyone and the bad part is I don't think the writers are gonna put Ejami together but will continue to have EJ obsessed with Sami while she moves on and make a life with someone else. It's frustrating. I happen to think ARi and James have one of the best chemistry on this show and EJ and Nicole could have been dynamic but they didn't write for them, i've lost interest in them now. I feel sorry for James cause he's basically doing the same song and dance he's been doing for years now. Nothing has changed except Sami has the goggly eyes for another man and EJ is still the odd man out.

Marian

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm beginning to wonder if Ari's maternity leave will coincide with Nicole taking Sydney and running when it all comes out. Then EJ and Sami will spend a year (or more) looking for her (as per the Billie and Bo Georgia/Chelsea saga), where they will be stuck together in caves or houses or something and get hot and clothes will come off and then they wont be able to resist, yadda yadda... That might be how they come together. Then when Ari's back from maternity leave, that's when Sydney will be found and who knows what could happen after that? Nicole's baby wont really be dead maybe and EJ wont want to send the mother of his child to prison? Who knows. But I have a strong feeling about this, since DOOL likes to recycle things.

Anyway, that's what I'm thinking. It would make the whole story last longer...

daisy132

Nicole Dimera
I don't see it. There are many differences between Stephano/Marlena and Sami/EJ. Marlena never had any "feelings" for Stephano, and they certainly didn't share any children either. EJ is not obsessed with Sami, in fact he tried unsuccessfuly to separate himself from her and move on, but his heart won't let him. He loves her. Also, Stephano never had a conscience. EJ was raised and programmed by his father to be his "pawn" and "successor", while Stephano is just plain evil. Many, many differences. I think that if anything, EJ will cause Stephano's demise, especially after he finds out about his part in Nicole's deceipt.

I understand how many want a parallel between Ejami and Stephano/Marlena, but what I see is a love story which hopefully will lead to the willful union between the children of two rival families.

As for Rafe, IMO he was brought in to test the waters and see if the fan wars will cease with Safe. They haven't, and regardless of the fanbase other than theirs, most of us are just sick and tired of watching them. A permanent end to them will hopefuly come soon.
Edited by daisy132, Aug 6 2009, 07:55 PM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

daisy132
Aug 6 2009, 07:42 PM
Nicole Dimera
I don't see it. There are many differences between Stephano/Marlena and Sami/EJ. Marlena never had any "feelings" for Stephano, and they certainly didn't share any children either. EJ is not obsessed with Sami, in fact he tried unsuccessfuly to separate himself from her and move on, but his heart won't let him. He loves her. Also, Stephano never had a conscience. EJ was raised and programmed by his father to be his "pawn" and "successor", while Stephano is just plain evil. Many, many differences. I think that if anything, EJ will cause Stephano's demise, especially after he finds out about his part in Nicole's deceipt.

I understand how many want a parallel between Ejami and Stephano/Marlena, but what I see is a love story which hopefully will lead to the willful union between the children of two rival families.

As for Rafe, IMO he was brought in to test the waters and see if the fan wars will cease with Safe. They haven't, and regardless of the fanbase other than theirs, most of us are just sick and tired of watching them. A permanent end to them will hopefuly come soon.
Excellent, fabulous post. :hail:

Manda1

SocRMum1
Aug 6 2009, 08:14 PM
daisy132
Nicole Dimera

If EJ causes Stephano's demise [which I can't see happening] EJ and Sami getting together couldn't be seen as a union of two rival families as EJ would have disowned his family. Even if he did it still won't be enough for Samanther - nothing EJ does ever is because he can't stop being a Dimera - and there is a part of me that says why should he? He's a blind man because Nicole allows him to be himself and actually loves him just as he is right now, he says to her he appreciates it but he's too busy obsessing over Sami not telling him about Grace. Meanwhile Sami has totally moved on and loves Rafe and I think we'll see that even more now they've split. EJ will be mad at Dad but Stephano will say he just wanted to ensure that EJ kept hold of Sydney and all will be forgiven again after EJ has ranted a bit.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Manda1
Aug 6 2009, 08:29 PM
SocRMum1
Aug 6 2009, 08:14 PM
daisy132

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
If EJ causes Stephano's demise [which I can't see happening] EJ and Sami getting together couldn't be seen as a union of two rival families as EJ would have disowned his family. Even if he did it still won't be enough for Samanther - nothing EJ does ever is because he can't stop being a Dimera - and there is a part of me that says why should he? He's a blind man because Nicole allows him to be himself and actually loves him just as he is right now, he says to her he appreciates it but he's too busy obsessing over Sami not telling him about Grace. Meanwhile Sami has totally moved on and loves Rafe and I think we'll see that even more now they've split. EJ will be mad at Dad but Stephano will say he just wanted to ensure that EJ kept hold of Sydney and all will be forgiven again after EJ has ranted a bit.
So you are saying the EJ should just accept being a 'bad' DiMera because it's okay with Nicole - rather than trying to be a better man for both his children and for the woman he loves?
Is that what Steve should have done all those years ago? Forget Kayla and just find someone who settles for his bad self?
If EJ takes out Stefano it doesn't change the fact that he's a DiMera and that he and Sami were born from rival families. It simply means that he found the strength to become his own man.

Nicole Walker

"As for Rafe, IMO he was brought in to test the waters and see if the fan wars will cease with Safe. They haven't, and regardless of the fanbase other than theirs, most of us are just sick and tired of watching them. A permanent end to them will hopefuly come soon."

I doubt they care about fanbase wars. I believe they didn't want to do Ejami or Lumi so they decided to go another route and bring in Rafe. The promo lady Judy stated that Safe has been leading in independent researches and has been for 3 months now which is what they wanted anyways. Ali is content and Galen is happy so I doubt it'll be ending anytime soon.
Edited by Nicole Walker, Aug 7 2009, 01:14 AM.

daisy132

Nicole Dimera
Aug 7 2009, 01:10 AM
"As for Rafe, IMO he was brought in to test the waters and see if the fan wars will cease with Safe. They haven't, and regardless of the fanbase other than theirs, most of us are just sick and tired of watching them. A permanent end to them will hopefuly come soon."

I doubt they care about fanbase wars. I believe they didn't want to do Ejami or Lumi so they decided to go another route and bring in Rafe. The promo lady Judy stated that Safe has been leading in independent researches and has been for 3 months now which is what they wanted anyways. Ali is content and Galen is happy so I doubt it'll be ending anytime soon.
I really don't believe that promo lady. The very fact that she is a promo lady says it all to me. The general concesus on the boards is that this couple stinks.

As for Ali and Galen, again, who cares? They are actors. I think it's more important for the show to cater to what the audience wants, not what the actors prefer.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Nicole Dimera

Oh yes...the promo lady. You mean the one responsible for those stunning weekly promos that have us all at the edge of our seats?

Yep - she really seems to have a handle on the pulse of the audience. ;)

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

daisy132
Aug 7 2009, 06:22 AM
Nicole Dimera

I really don't believe that promo lady. The very fact that she is a promo lady says it all to me. The general concesus on the boards is that this couple stinks.

As for Ali and Galen, again, who cares? They are actors. I think it's more important for the show to cater to what the audience wants, not what the actors prefer.
ITA!! It doesn't matter what the actors want, it's what people will watch. The ratings lately are tanking, so I'm not thinking "safe" is doing so much for the GA and their who really matters.

Manda1

JANALH
Aug 7 2009, 09:04 AM
daisy132
Nicole Dimera

ITA!! It doesn't matter what the actors want, it's what people will watch. The ratings lately are tanking, so I'm not thinking "safe" is doing so much for the GA and their who really matters.
No one actor or couple can bring a show down unless they are really in some sick storyline and on everyday for at least 50% of each episode. Most couples are on for 6-9 minutes during the eppy that they are on so even then there are usually at least a total of 4 stories going on during each episode. The ratings overall put Days 3rd which of course is not as good as 1st and 2nd but better than all the others doing less good. And to blame falling ratings on Safe is silly as they are hardly on every day and then only for 6-9 minutes and not necessarily in scenes together.[this is borne out by the length of thier daily clips on youtube]...they don't have enough airtime to be responsbile for the whole shows viewing figures each day. The show probably airs a total of 4 hours each week if you take out the comercials. Safe airs about 2-3 days a week with about 6-9 minutes per segment. That is less that 30 minutes per week. You would have to look at what is happening for the other 3 1/2 hours if you really wanted to assess what was interesting/not interesting viewers.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Manda1
Aug 7 2009, 09:35 AM
JANALH
daisy132

No one actor or couple can bring a show down unless they are really in some sick storyline and on everyday for at least 50% of each episode. Most couples are on for 6-9 minutes during the eppy that they are on so even then there are usually at least a total of 4 stories going on during each episode. The ratings overall put Days 3rd which of course is not as good as 1st and 2nd but better than all the others doing less good. And to blame falling ratings on Safe is silly as they are hardly on every day and then only for 6-9 minutes and not necessarily in scenes together.[this is borne out by the length of thier daily clips on youtube]...they don't have enough airtime to be responsbile for the whole shows viewing figures each day. The show probably airs a total of 4 hours each week if you take out the comercials. Safe airs about 2-3 days a week with about 6-9 minutes per segment. That is less that 30 minutes per week. You would have to look at what is happening for the other 3 1/2 hours if you really wanted to assess what was interesting/not interesting viewers.
Oh trust me, I don't think anything going on right now is keeping the viewers interested, but that includes Safe. EVERYTHING on this show right now is boring and dragging along.

I'm not trying to say that pairing is singlehandedly bringing down ratings, it's a collective effort. Just like Ejami didn't tank the ratings alone during the summer of Santeen, it was a collective effort of crap on the screen. (anyone remember Tao Lindo?)

IMO Safe is just too contrived for my liking. It's too "safe", and GG is no match for AS in the acting dept. IMHO. I can't get behind liking Danloe either. NB acting is not good (to say the least), I think I might could like SC in another pairing, but so far tptb have struck out on all his pairings IMO. Phillip & Stephanie....boring. Will & Mia.....boring. Nathan & Melanie....we'll see. Ej & Nicole......boring, Brady & Ari......double boring (we'll see how the new Ari's chemistry is with Eric's)

In my opinion, the only two who spark together are EJ and Sami and that's whether their fighting, scheming, trying to escape harm, or love scenes, the chemistry is there. I think that Brady and Nicole have a spark, but I don't know if tptb are going to go there now that they've got LH. Who know's though, we all know how Higley/Tomlin love their triangles!!!

The truth of the matter is this, it doesn't matter who they "pair" or don't "pair" if the writers don't start delivering on some good material, we can all kiss our soap goodbye. TPTB are going to have to put it all out there and pull out all stops and really show us all something to keep Days on past 2010. JMO.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

JANALH
Aug 7 2009, 10:22 AM
Manda1
Aug 7 2009, 09:35 AM
JANALH

Oh trust me, I don't think anything going on right now is keeping the viewers interested, but that includes Safe. EVERYTHING on this show right now is boring and dragging along.

I'm not trying to say that pairing is singlehandedly bringing down ratings, it's a collective effort. Just like Ejami didn't tank the ratings alone during the summer of Santeen, it was a collective effort of crap on the screen. (anyone remember Tao Lindo?)

IMO Safe is just too contrived for my liking. It's too "safe", and GG is no match for AS in the acting dept. IMHO. I can't get behind liking Danloe either. NB acting is not good (to say the least), I think I might could like SC in another pairing, but so far tptb have struck out on all his pairings IMO. Phillip & Stephanie....boring. Will & Mia.....boring. Nathan & Melanie....we'll see. Ej & Nicole......boring, Brady & Ari......double boring (we'll see how the new Ari's chemistry is with Eric's)

In my opinion, the only two who spark together are EJ and Sami and that's whether their fighting, scheming, trying to escape harm, or love scenes, the chemistry is there. I think that Brady and Nicole have a spark, but I don't know if tptb are going to go there now that they've got LH. Who know's though, we all know how Higley/Tomlin love their triangles!!!

The truth of the matter is this, it doesn't matter who they "pair" or don't "pair" if the writers don't start delivering on some good material, we can all kiss our soap goodbye. TPTB are going to have to put it all out there and pull out all stops and really show us all something to keep Days on past 2010. JMO.
Excellent post, Jana. You're right - it's the collective show that is responsible for ratings rising or falling. At any given time there are stories that are duds - but when they outweigh the bright spots the show starts to get in trouble. I feel like that's where things are now. And, of course, it doesn't help that you have Corday announcing in the magazines that they basically don't give a shit right now and are waiting to ramp up the stories during the 'critical' months starting this Fall. Thanks for the tip, doofus! :eyeroll:

But man oh man...wasn't the summer that Santeen was on also the summer of Touch My Thigh? Or was it Touch This Guy? Something like that... :shame:

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

frankly, i'm SICK of this one-sided love affair. oh really, ej loves sami? DUH. why don't they shock the hell out of all of us and actually make sami have a feeling for him other than utter revulsion?

i like the suggestion that nicole goes on the run with sydney and ej and sami fall in love looking for their daughter. as much as i loathe the thought of the worst mother of the year getting her clutches on that precious baby, i have come to accept it now, and i could even see ejami back together in that context. what i don't like is the idea that ej still loves sami. i'm, sorry, but i don't buy into that never-ending love crap. she hid his baby from him. she freaking GLOATED and SMIRKED as she told him that his daughter was dead, and that he was too despicable of a human being to have the right to know her. but now i am supposed to believe ej is still in love with her? ugh. ugh. ugh. i'm not a hundred percent against the idea of ejami, but the couple has been torn down. it needs to be rebuilt the right way, and the right way is not these inexplicable and phantom feelings of love on ej's part.

daysknowitall
Member Avatar

My guess is Ej n Sami might get back together but it'll be SAFE that end up together. Sami will go into some deep, i don't deserve any better, mode and go back to Ej until she can't fight her feelings for Rafe anymore. Ej will end up trying to keep them apart and they'll be some good jealousy moments between Rafe n Ej. Then Sami will find out Ej lied and run back to Rafe, only Rafe will hesitate but eventually give in. It's the same basic storyline every soap uses. But Safe will end up back together after her little fling with Ej and he'll turn even more evil, especially when Safe end up planning their wedding in November (not sure if the wedding goes off but def planned) . I'll be sure to do the "I told ya so dance" in December.

Livie

It is almost funny to watch both Ejami fans and Ejole fans exhibit the same amount of hate towards Sami.

It was not any form of gloating when Sami told EJ about Grace, she was sad, sorrowful and regretful, until he began to say she was deluded and gloat himself that HIS daughter was home, safe, happy and healthy. That was when Sami lost it.

EJ was despicable in his antics of giving Nicole a blood diamond ring, helping his father make money off of blood diamonds, engaging in a mob style hit on Philip and being willing for his hit man to kill Stephanie and an innocent hotel maid in the bargain.

EJ does not deserve to have Sydney either if that is the kind of father he is going to be. I still think he may lose full custody of Johnny as well once Rafe finds out the whole truth.

Sami did love EJ still when she came back from WP and was trying to stop his wedding with the truth until the hit on Philip was revealed. Then the truth of who and what EJ is came back to her, and that is when the real lying began on her part as well as the willingness to let Rafe adopt Grace. She wanted a decent man to at least be Grace's father. The truth hurts, I know, and while I am not one hundred percent a Safe, this EJ they wrote killed any desire on my part to root for an EJami ending.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

Livie
Aug 8 2009, 11:01 AM
It was not any form of gloating when Sami told EJ about Grace, she was sad, sorrowful and regretful, until he began to say she was deluded and gloat himself that HIS daughter was home, safe, happy and healthy. That was when Sami lost it.

i'm not trying to be rude, but did you even see the scene where sami told ej about grace? nothing about sami's attitude was sad or sorrowful towards ej. she smirked the entire time. i also didn't see ej gloating about sydney. he was devastated and in shock, and sami used the whole thing as an opportunity to insult him in an attempt to make herself feel better about the terrible thing SHE did. she didn't show one iota of sadness or regret for what she did to ej. i really don't give a flip how bad or mean the guy is, there is no excuse for what sami did, and the way she chose to break the news to ej about it. all i saw during that scene was a woman that was angry about something bad that happened, and decided to lash out at the only person she could make feel as badly as she felt herself. there's no reason in the world why ej would want to be with a woman who not only delights in making him feel like crap, but thinks he's so despicable that a perfect stranger would make a more suitable father than he would.

i also strongly disagree with the idea that sami somehow 'forgot' about all the bad things ej did until she turned up pregnant. i am sorry, but that is ridiculous. most of ej's crimes were committed before sami climbed into bed with him last year, and she knew about most of them, so it's not as if ej was some prince in her mind up until the moment sami witnessed the mayor's murder. she knew what kind of a man he was, and she slept with him(presumably sans birth control) anyway. so no, i have no sympathy for sami whatsoever.
Edited by luvpumpkns, Aug 8 2009, 12:07 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply