Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: EJ says, "I still love Sami!"; August 18th issues; Summary of Articles
Topic Started: Aug 5 2009, 11:54 AM (8,211 Views)
daisy132

luvpumpkns
Aug 8 2009, 12:02 PM
Livie
Aug 8 2009, 11:01 AM
It was not any form of gloating when Sami told EJ about Grace, she was sad, sorrowful and regretful, until he began to say she was deluded and gloat himself that HIS daughter was home, safe, happy and healthy. That was when Sami lost it.

i'm not trying to be rude, but did you even see the scene where sami told ej about grace? nothing about sami's attitude was sad or sorrowful towards ej. she smirked the entire time. i also didn't see ej gloating about sydney. he was devastated and in shock, and sami used the whole thing as an opportunity to insult him in an attempt to make herself feel better about the terrible thing SHE did. she didn't show one iota of sadness or regret for what she did to ej. i really don't give a flip how bad or mean the guy is, there is no excuse for what sami did, and the way she chose to break the news to ej about it. all i saw during that scene was a woman that was angry about something bad that happened, and decided to lash out at the only person she could make feel as badly as she felt herself. there's no reason in the world why ej would want to be with a woman who not only delights in making him feel like crap, but thinks he's so despicable that a perfect stranger would make a more suitable father than he would.

i also strongly disagree with the idea that sami somehow 'forgot' about all the bad things ej did until she turned up pregnant. i am sorry, but that is ridiculous. most of ej's crimes were committed before sami climbed into bed with him last year, and she knew about most of them, so it's not as if ej was some prince in her mind up until the moment sami witnessed the mayor's murder. she knew what kind of a man he was, and she slept with him(presumably sans birth control) anyway. so no, i have no sympathy for sami whatsoever.
What and EXCELLENT post! :rockon: :cheer: :applause: :applause:

100% correct.

On a separate note, EJ's character is written and rewritten all the time. He is a gray character, so I'm sure that they'll "redeem" him again soon. Ejami rocks! TPTB finally seem to get it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mesagirl
Member Avatar

luvpumpkns
Livie
It was not any form of gloating when Sami told EJ about Grace, she was sad, sorrowful and regretful, until he began to say she was deluded and gloat himself that HIS daughter was home, safe, happy and healthy. That was when Sami lost it.

i'm not trying to be rude, but did you even see the scene where sami told ej about grace? nothing about sami's attitude was sad or sorrowful towards ej. she smirked the entire time. i also didn't see ej gloating about sydney. he was devastated and in shock, and sami used the whole thing as an opportunity to insult him in an attempt to make herself feel better about the terrible thing SHE did. she didn't show one iota of sadness or regret for what she did to ej. i really don't give a flip how bad or mean the guy is, there is no excuse for what sami did, and the way she chose to break the news to ej about it. all i saw during that scene was a woman that was angry about something bad that happened, and decided to lash out at the only person she could make feel as badly as she felt herself. there's no reason in the world why ej would want to be with a woman who not only delights in making him feel like crap, but thinks he's so despicable that a perfect stranger would make a more suitable father than he would.

i also strongly disagree with the idea that sami somehow 'forgot' about all the bad things ej did until she turned up pregnant. i am sorry, but that is ridiculous. most of ej's crimes were committed before sami climbed into bed with him last year, and she knew about most of them, so it's not as if ej was some prince in her mind up until the moment sami witnessed the mayor's murder. she knew what kind of a man he was, and she slept with him(presumably sans birth control) anyway. so no, i have no sympathy for sami whatsoever.
I don't know if "Sami" forgot about all the heinous things EJ has done to both her and her family or not, but the writer's are sure wishing the fans would forget. Unfortunately for them, that's just not happening. They wrote Sami in a horrible fashion while trying to pair her with EJ. I honestly don't know what they were thinking trying to pair them up romantically after everything that EJ has done. At least she's being written more true to form now that she is with Rafe. No way would the real Sami have given EJ a backwards glance after all the shit he's done to her and her family.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

tiffany8053
Aug 8 2009, 08:17 AM
My guess is Ej n Sami might get back together but it'll be SAFE that end up together. Sami will go into some deep, i don't deserve any better, mode and go back to Ej until she can't fight her feelings for Rafe anymore. Ej will end up trying to keep them apart and they'll be some good jealousy moments between Rafe n Ej. Then Sami will find out Ej lied and run back to Rafe, only Rafe will hesitate but eventually give in. It's the same basic storyline every soap uses. But Safe will end up back together after her little fling with Ej and he'll turn even more evil, especially when Safe end up planning their wedding in November (not sure if the wedding goes off but def planned) . I'll be sure to do the "I told ya so dance" in December.
Do you really think all of that will happen in time for a wedding THIS November? With the pacing and plotting of this show? Highly unlikely, I would say.
My guess is come this November EJami will just be finding out the truth about Sydney and their reuniting will begin in earnest. I agree with others that are speculating that Nicole will run with Sydney - and in their quest to find her EJami will find their way back to one another. And honestly...other than the initial part of that, I just don't see Rafe having much to do with the story long term. My guess is he'll be paired off with someone else down the road as they do seem intent on keeping GG aboard. Who knows? Maybe Rafe and Chloe could get together - the acting skills would be a match made in heaven.

Manda1

SocRMum1
Aug 8 2009, 04:40 PM
tiffany8053
My guess is Ej n Sami might get back together but it'll be SAFE that end up together. Sami will go into some deep, i don't deserve any better, mode and go back to Ej until she can't fight her feelings for Rafe anymore. Ej will end up trying to keep them apart and they'll be some good jealousy moments between Rafe n Ej. Then Sami will find out Ej lied and run back to Rafe, only Rafe will hesitate but eventually give in. It's the same basic storyline every soap uses. But Safe will end up back together after her little fling with Ej and he'll turn even more evil, especially when Safe end up planning their wedding in November (not sure if the wedding goes off but def planned) . I'll be sure to do the "I told ya so dance" in December.
Do you really think all of that will happen in time for a wedding THIS November? With the pacing and plotting of this show? Highly unlikely, I would say.
My guess is come this November EJami will just be finding out the truth about Sydney and their reuniting will begin in earnest. I agree with others that are speculating that Nicole will run with Sydney - and in their quest to find her EJami will find their way back to one another. And honestly...other than the initial part of that, I just don't see Rafe having much to do with the story long term. My guess is he'll be paired off with someone else down the road as they do seem intent on keeping GG aboard. Who knows? Maybe Rafe and Chloe could get together - the acting skills would be a match made in heaven.
Sami hid Sydney's existence from EJ until she was born. She didn't want EJ raising 'Grace/Sydney'. She thinks EJ is a vindictive SOB if we just use the latest quote. Why do you think the knowledge that Sydney is Sami's will change Sami into wanting a romantic relationship with EJ? I don't get the logic at all. And this article only talks about EJ's feelings - it doesn't even give a tiny hint to say that Sami will be returning any of these feelings. Sami clearly loves Rafe.

Livie

luvpumpkns
Livie

Yes, I saw. The dialogue as I recall had Sami telling EJ when he expressed regret that he had not known Grace better ( and I also saw the scene where EJ threw Sami out of the house after calling Grace "your little orphan"..did you see that one, and I do not mean to be rude either, as both of us saw a different meaning in the interpretation that Ali gave in the scene) back to topic. Sami said to EJ, "you did not know her because I did not give you a chance to". She said it with regret in her voice, as she felt badly about what she had done as well. However, Sami had damn good reasons not to let EJ know, the main one being he was now a murderer or at least an attempted murderer. Sami was too deep in her own pain to try to smirk. EJ was the one I felt was smug, with his attitude about Sydney being home safe and well with her Mother.

Until EJ began to say Sami was delusional, her attitude to him was one of sorrow and compassion. Then she did lay into him, both to show him how utterly stupid he was in not figuring it out in the first place, and for him to quit calling her delusional. That is what I saw. When he began to lose it on her was when she told him in no uncertain terms that his turning into a fulll fledged, 100% true blood murdering type of DiMera again was what cost him the time of getting to know his daughter. I do not blame her. He has reaped what he has sown.

She also threw the fact that when she went to tell him, there he was, naked on the sofa with Nicole, who he had moved into the mansion. I mean, he could have paid for her to have an apartment, but five minutes after speaking to Sami at the cabin, he is taking off his pants again for another go at Nicole. He sure nursed his broken heart for a long time, pining away all that time before he moved on. He is a disgusting person now, and he has a long ways to go both in regaining his IQ and his sense of honor to warrant me at least caring that Sami hid his daughter from him. He deserved that and more. At least she did not go try and get her cop relatives to get information that could get Johnny away, and she has told EJ that she can tell he loves Johnny and Johnny loves him.

If he loves Nicole, and in his uber twisted way I believe he does, she is his dirty soul mate, both have poop on their souls. Only I see him being all self righteous if and when he ever figures out what really happened. He has no right to even be that way towards Nicole either, she is obviously sick in the head.

Now I await the list of Sami's misdeeds, but that is not the subject here, yes she has done a bunch, many of them while she was a disturbed teenager. I have never been able to say her hiding Grace was even a misdeed, she was being protective of her baby. Look at what is happening to the baby under the thumb of Stefano, he already is mapping out her future.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

Livie
Aug 8 2009, 05:41 PM
Look at what is happening to the baby under the thumb of Stefano, he already is mapping out her future.
all things sami should have thought of before she got pregnant. there is such a thing as father's rights, a lesson that sami hasn't learned yet after three pregnancies. in my mind what ej did before was irrelevant. if she thought he was so terrible, she should have sued him for custody, or refused to let her children live under her roof in the first place. or, you know, used birth control. any of those things are preferable to lying about your child's parentage to the point that you allow someone to forge a birth certificate. i mean, that's just flat-out criminal, no matter how you slice it.
Edited by luvpumpkns, Aug 8 2009, 05:53 PM.

Livie

Sami could have used Birth Control. So could EJ. They didn't. Again, misdeeds of the past that cannot be changed are really irrelevant as well. EJ wanted to get Sami pregnant on the 12-29 night to get stem cells for his father. Apparently, EJ never cares about BC since he did not ask or offer for Nicole either. And EJ bought the judge after Sami DID threaten to leave and take Johnny. She was under a court order not to leave with the boy.

EJ has power and uses it. I will give a point to the fact that Sami should have been calling her mother for funds to fight in court herself. But then that would not fit the plot points of this story, and neither would Sami pulling out her little round box to take a pill either.

Sami could have just aborted the child as well. She did not. Numerous times she did try to tell EJ, and got beat out by Nicole. Sami had said she did not want EJ to want her just for the baby. Nicole does not care why or how EJ wants her. Nicole is also more willing to let Stefano have control of Sydney, or is she? If Nicole runs with Sydney, then she is also guilty of keeping EJ from his baby right? She would be hiding his child from him? For about the same reasons I would wager. Good for her on the motive, but she still does not deserve to keep the baby that is Sami's.

daysknowitall
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
tiffany8053
I'll check back in Nov. I got a lil inside tip! ;) BTW, I said "planning" the wedding.
Edited by daysknowitall, Aug 8 2009, 06:36 PM.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

while lucas was in jail for shooting ej, sami was blithely living under ej's roof with johnny. she was so convinced that it was a decent place that she tried to take custody of allie from lucas, so she would have to live there, too. a few months later, she finally threatened to leave. ej got the court order, as you said, but sami had been living there for a while already, and at any rate, she didn't make one attempt to fight it.

plot points or not, the facts are what they are. she more than willingly slept with ej, ergo she has the obligation to inform him of his child. as you point out, her family has plenty of money for a custody case. the thing is, sami was never interested in suing anyone for custody apart from lucas.

valerie

This artcile that james did regarding Ej feeling for sami is nothing n new ej has always been obsesed with sami he said it in other interviews this is his take on his feeling for sami but look at it this way sami has never once said that she is in love with Ej period. and just because they will find out they have a daughter that alive what does it change they have johhny there not together. sami is madly in love with rafe she loves him so much i belive that safe love will preveil in the end Ej will be a physco trying to break them up.

if you read the Article Alsion has said how much she likes the safe pairing she not a fan of El/sami at all

this would be agreat swich if the baby turned out to be Ej/nicole

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

luvpumpkns
Aug 8 2009, 06:59 PM
while lucas was in jail for shooting ej, sami was blithely living under ej's roof with johnny. she was so convinced that it was a decent place that she tried to take custody of allie from lucas, so she would have to live there, too. a few months later, she finally threatened to leave. ej got the court order, as you said, but sami had been living there for a while already, and at any rate, she didn't make one attempt to fight it.

plot points or not, the facts are what they are. she more than willingly slept with ej, ergo she has the obligation to inform him of his child. as you point out, her family has plenty of money for a custody case. the thing is, sami was never interested in suing anyone for custody apart from lucas.
Great post. The bottom line is - despite all the excuses that Sami comes up with for her reasons for hiding her pregnancy - the truth of the matter is she willingly slept with EJ and conceived their child. She also has done little or nothing to prevent Johnny from being exposed to this supposedly horrid influence of living in the DiMera mansion and it's not as if Sami doesn't have ample access to money if she wants it. She'd have money, the law, her family - pretty much all of Salem on her side. But instead we get repeated conversations of Sami talking about what a great Dad EJ is - to Rafe, to Lucas...even to EJ. She made the choice to sleep with him. She made the choice to give birth to his baby. She SHOULD have told him the truth, if not from the very beginning, at least before Grace died. And she NEVER should have played along with Rafe's ridiculous idea to forge the birth certificate and move forward with illegally adopting the baby.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

tiffany8053
Aug 8 2009, 06:35 PM
SocRMum1
tiffany8053
I'll check back in Nov. I got a lil inside tip! ;) BTW, I said "planning" the wedding.
Really?? You have an 'inside tip'? And it included that EJ and Sami will get back together and break up again in time for Safe to be planning their wedding this November?

Alrighty then. ^_^

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

valerie
Aug 8 2009, 07:27 PM

if you read the Article Alsion has said how much she likes the safe pairing she not a fan of El/sami at all

Not that it matters since Alison Sweeney isn't writing the show...but specifically what article are you referring to where she says she is "not a fan of EJ/Sami at all"? Do you have a link? Or can you post it here?

Livie

Per the story line, Sami and EJ were living in the mansion because they did not have the funds to stay in their apartments. Lucas went skipping off to jail without making any provisions for Sami and his daughters finanacial care. EJ, the trust fund baby was cut off without a dime by this same Daddy who he now kisses the foot of. Marlena was aware of the situation, as was Roman but I did not see either of them offer money to Sami so she could live on her own.

Sami did not want Lucas to have full custody of Allie because of his silly treatment of his parole conditions. Sami was also at the time being discussed helping EJ (so she thought) stay in the country where he could be a father to Johnny.

EJ lied, deceived, used another woman to his own ends, then impregnated that same woman according to the show almost the same day he impregnated Sami. He is vile. Why in the world do people think Sami has to show her love for him? If she does love him, and she may very well have those feelings, why is it imperative that she show it? This man is unworthy of anyones love but Stefano's and Nicoles.

Sami willingly made love to a man who she did not know was lying once again to her, a man who eventually would choose the DiMera legacy over her. Sami made a mistake which she has now tried to correct. Will she suceed? Will she succumb to his charms once again? I do not know, all I know is to my way of thinking, she has done nothing wrong in trying to protect another child from being subjugated to the will of Stefano.
Edited by Livie, Aug 8 2009, 10:38 PM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Livie
Aug 8 2009, 10:35 PM
Per the story line, Sami and EJ were living in the mansion because they did not have the funds to stay in their apartments. Lucas went skipping off to jail without making any provisions for Sami and his daughters finanacial care. EJ, the trust fund baby was cut off without a dime by this same Daddy who he now kisses the foot of. Marlena was aware of the situation, as was Roman but I did not see either of them offer money to Sami so she could live on her own.

Sami did not want Lucas to have full custody of Allie because of his silly treatment of his parole conditions. Sami was also at the time being discussed helping EJ (so she thought) stay in the country where he could be a father to Johnny.

EJ lied, deceived, used another woman to his own ends, then impregnated that same woman according to the show almost the same day he impregnated Sami. He is vile. Why in the world do people think Sami has to show her love for him? If she does love him, and she may very well have those feelings, why is it imperative that she show it? This man is unworthy of anyones love but Stefano's and Nicoles.

Sami willingly made love to a man who she did not know was lying once again to her, a man who eventually would choose the DiMera legacy over her. Sami made a mistake which she has now tried to correct. Will she suceed? Will she succumb to his charms once again? I do not know, all I know is to my way of thinking, she has done nothing wrong in trying to protect another child from being subjugated to the will of Stefano.
EJ never chose being a DiMera over Sami. When he went to see Sami at the cabin to talk about his 'disaster' with Nicole she encouraged him to follow his 'fate' with Nicole. EJ made it very clear that he always tbought he and Sami were meant to be together. Later, he practically begged Sami not to go to WP but to come stay at the mansion where he would make sure she was protected. She declined. She was against going to WP until Lucas pointed out that it would buy her time in hiding her pregnancy and Sami jumped at that chance. So at that moment, she was hiding the pregnancy from a man who had gone to her (without knowing she was pregnant with his child) and made it clear that he would prefer to be with her over the woman the both knew was carrying his child; the man she had admitted to Lucas she didn't want to choose her 'because of the baby'; the man she woke up dreaming about while in bed with Lucas and the same man who had just saved her life by jumping in the way of the bullet the hit man had aimed at her head. At that point in time, Sami had no valid reason to hide her pregnancy from EJ. Basically, it comes down to shitty writing and it completely threw the character of Sami under the bus.

Livie

I must disagree. Sami begged EJ to leave with her and the twins after the hospital lockup purple poison haze. He refused. Being in the DiMera home with its air of power was more important to him than Sami and the kids. Also, at the same hospital he told Nicole that his kissing Sami felt as if he was cheating on Nicole. His preferring to stay in the DiMera Mansion was a way of choosing his heritage as a DiMera over Sami and his children. Also the fact that EJ could go from one minute telling Sami his life was a disaster to dipping his wick once more in the pool of the disaster within an hour of leaving Sami is disgusting. He is disgusting due to that very act. As Sami once told him, to him women are interchangeable, put a paper bag on their head and no one can tell the difference in the dark. In that regard he is much like his father. That is what is wrong with EJ now, and that is why Sami has no reason to feel guilty. Her act was an act of keeping Grace from the clutches of Stefano. Something I think Nicole is going to understand very soon.

The day EJ begins to see his part in this and decides he wants to be a man again, is the day he may get Sami to look at him with something other than pity and scorn. Right now, EJ is not a man, he is a good looking wimp. Not a very attractive combination.
Edited by Livie, Aug 8 2009, 11:12 PM.

lazydazes
Member Avatar

Well, whatever the writers do, they just need to get it over and done with. I think that the writers have spent too much time on the Ejami thing. No disrespect, but I don't care for Ejami at all. But, if putting those together will cease the "will they/won't they" scenario that's been going on for years, I'm all for it. I say put Ejami together once/for all and be done with it. If they are made of the stuff that Jarlena, Jack/Jenn, or Bope are, they don't need Lucas, Nicole, or Rafe around to make their story interesting. It's time for a new era where the show focuses on something other than Sami's love life. Hopefully, Nicole will move on with Brady. I can't wait for Vivian/Carly/Lawrence to return as well. Those are the stories that I'm waiting to see.

shaw
Member Avatar

Ejami in November,please spare me . Really where do you guys come up with this stuff? That is insane. I bet you that it is something else instead.

Edited by shaw, Aug 9 2009, 05:23 PM.

Nicole Walker

Whatever, this tweet is from the lady Judy who works in the promo department at days

http://twitter.com/heyjude14

Can't say you're wasting your time, but can't say your wish for EJAMI will come true...sorry to tease you.

I also don't even think Safe is going to have a wedding. I don't see why they would when Rafe is not telling about Emily. That has to be resolved first before they can even move forward. I do believe Safe is the story and things will get more interesting once the truth about Sydney comes out. I also think Emily is alive and I wonder if EJ will use her whenever she pops up in Salem. I bet she's alive.
Edited by Nicole Walker, Aug 10 2009, 09:17 PM.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

My question is now that tptb have defanged Stefano, what exactly is Sami afraid of? Seriously, this version of Stefano is harmless and a lame duck.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply