Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: A Closer Look: Rafe; August 18th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Aug 5 2009, 12:12 PM (2,222 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

This week's SOW features an interview with Galen Gering.

Sami tries to get Rafe to reconsider his decision to leave. She tells him she won't ask him about his past again, if he'll tell her that the acccident they're discussing was just an accident. But Gering explains that "Sami's already promised this before", and that it "saddens Rafe" every time Sami questions his past.

Sami tells Rafe that she's only trying to protect her kids, but this makes Rafe more upset, because as Gering says, "Rafe has been protecting Sami and her kids for months." Now that Sami doesn't trust him, Gering says "it makes Rafe realize it's truly over between them."

Before Rafe leaves Salem, he finds Nicole on the phone with Dr. Baker. Rafe overhears Nicole say Dr. Baker's name and ask "How much?" SOW says that Dr. Baker is threatening to reveal the baby switch, unless Nicole pays him a lot of money. Gering says that Rafe's "gut instinct" tells him something is going on. Rafe wants to figure this out, "and maybe part of it is that in the back of his mind, he doesn't really want to leave Salem".

Rafe starts doing research to find what Nicole's connection to Dr. Baker is, since Rafe thinks Dr. Baker is the one who delivered Sami's baby. Rafe learns that Dr. Baker disappeared for a short time. Gering says Rafe is "looking for answers", since the clues are starting to add up.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Oh joy! Dudley DoWrong is on the case. :eyeroll: That should mean the truth about the baby switch should be revealed to EJami right around... hmmmm... never? :shame:

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

I feel like we keep looking more closely at Rafe, and I keep not being all that interested. But then, I think that's the Sami connection. If he were on his own or with someone else I probably wouldn't mind him; she just brings everyone down.

Thanks for posting, Ellie!

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Ugh. Rafe is such a DOUCHE.

Sami's not allowed to ask him anything about his past just to confirm he's not some crazy murdering psycho because he's already done so much to protect her and her kids? Um, the witness protection shit was your job. Sorry, you don't get a medal for that. Oh and bang up job protecting Grace, dude. Not only is that baby gone, but thanks your phony adoption scam Sami lost custody temporarily of Johnny because of the fight you caused between EJ and Sami and also you've led to Sami being estranged from her other son, Will. Some hero.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

:blah: :blah: :x Who gives a fuck about his take on it!I do not want that boring ass robot to figure out anything
Edited by EjsGaGirl, Aug 5 2009, 12:46 PM.

Manda1

IMissAremid
Aug 5 2009, 12:38 PM

Sami's not allowed to ask him anything about his past just to confirm he's not some crazy murdering psycho because he's already done so much to protect her and her kids? Um, the witness protection shit was your job. Sorry, you don't get a medal for that. Oh and bang up job protecting Grace, dude. Not only is that baby gone, but thanks your phony adoption scam Sami lost custody temporarily of Johnny because of the fight you caused between EJ and Sami and also you've led to Sami being estranged from her other son, Will. Some hero.
I did not agree with the decision for Rafe to adopt Grace, BUT Sami decided not to tell EJ about Grace when she went to the Ejole wedding and heard about the hit on Philip. At that time Rafe was packing for the airport. It was Sami's secret to tell EJ not Rafe's.

EJ was mad that Grace was named after Rafe - again nothing to do with Rafe he was surprised by it. That was Sami's idea. I agree with Roman that Rafe's part in the lies almost cost Sami her sons but his heart was in the right place and he was trying to support Sami in what she wanted to do and protect her and Grace from a man who was arranging assassinations and kidnappings at the time.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Geeze, Rafe is about as deep as a shallow pool...This character is not interesting. I think it is absurd they try to make him seem like he has secrets greater then his fanship of underoos...How fucking dull. Seriously, this is a soap...Where or where is the Passion? This character is about as layered as a sheet of wallpaper....a cake or an onion, he is not. DH sure has a knack for putting me to sleep, and Tomlin sure has a knack for pimping the Passions Alumni. Good Lord!

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Dragonish1
Aug 5 2009, 12:57 PM
Geeze, Rafe is about as deep as a shallow pool...This character is not interesting. I think it is absurd they try to make him seem like he has secrets greater then his fanship of underoos...How fucking dull. Seriously, this is a soap...Where or where is the Passion? This character is about as layered as a sheet of wallpaper....a cake or an onion, he is not. DH sure has a knack for putting me to sleep, and Tomlin sure has a knack for pimping the Passions Alumni. Good Lord!
Maybe they got getting the Passions Alumni confused with getting some passion into the characters??? ;) I have to agree with you Dragon, Rafe is about as boring as they come!! :sleep:

six
Member Avatar

At least he's putting his nosiness to good use. I couldn't care less about Rafe as a person or the safe stuff, but if Rafe can get the baby switch brought out, then good for him.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Manda1
Aug 5 2009, 12:51 PM
IMissAremid

I did not agree with the decision for Rafe to adopt Grace, BUT Sami decided not to tell EJ about Grace when she went to the Ejole wedding and heard about the hit on Philip. At that time Rafe was packing for the airport. It was Sami's secret to tell EJ not Rafe's.
Because he was pissed that Sami had gone to tell EJ the truth.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Aug 5 2009, 01:35 PM
Manda1
IMissAremid

Damn straight.,.he was leaving cause she would not do what he wanted,,the robotic idiot

Manda1

EjsGaGirl
Aug 5 2009, 01:38 PM
SocRMum1
Manda1

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep At that time Rafe was packing for the airport. It was Sami's secret to tell EJ not Rafe's.
Damn straight.,.he was leaving cause she would not do what he wanted,,the robotic idiot
Rafe said clearly at the airport that he was not leaving because she wouldn't do what he said. it was her decision whether or not to tell EJ about Grace and although he wasn't pleased with Sami's statement about this at the beginning he understood and he agreed with her and said he had to stop interferring in her life!

Sami didn't know that Rafe had left until after she had decided not to tell EJ and came back home from the Ejole wedding. That means that Rafe didn't tell her he was leaving to manipulate her into not telling EJ. I know some of you FF the Safe scenes but because of that you won't have heard the conversations - I watched and re watchec them so definitely know what was said. Hate Rafe, call him boring whatever but he is not to blame for Sami not telling EJ about Grace. That was Sami's final decision at the Ejole wedding.

Yes he did want to adopt her but that was in the light of Sami's decision that EJ was never going to be told about Grace and would therefore be 'fatherless.'

samixxx
Member Avatar

Thanks for the article, I am glad there is something happening in the babyswitch it's been dull for me for quite awhile.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Dear Rafe: You are not interesting. Your story is not interesting. You are not a hero. You are a one-note, lame, and hypocritical character. Lap up the 'hero' talk all you want but it just.isn't.true.

thankfully GG is not Rafe.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Manda1
Aug 5 2009, 01:55 PM
EjsGaGirl
Aug 5 2009, 01:38 PM
SocRMum1

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep At that time Rafe was packing for the airport.
Rafe said clearly at the airport that he was not leaving because she wouldn't do what he said. it was her decision whether or not to tell EJ about Grace and although he wasn't pleased with Sami's statement about this at the beginning he understood and he agreed with her and said he had to stop interferring in her life!

Sami didn't know that Rafe had left until after she had decided not to tell EJ and came back home from the Ejole wedding. That means that Rafe didn't tell her he was leaving to manipulate her into not telling EJ. I know some of you FF the Safe scenes but because of that you won't have heard the conversations - I watched and re watchec them so definitely know what was said. Hate Rafe, call him boring whatever but he is not to blame for Sami not telling EJ about Grace. That was Sami's final decision at the Ejole wedding.

Yes he did want to adopt her but that was in the light of Sami's decision that EJ was never going to be told about Grace and would therefore be 'fatherless.'
So...why was he leaving, exactly?

From what I saw he only decided to stay after forcing Sami to beg and grovel...and finding out that she didn't tell EJ the truth.

I never said Rafe is the reason Sami changed her mind about telling EJ initially - but he has certainly been manipulating her with his "My way or the Highway" tactics since then. And not even always about EJ. Sami has very valid questions about his background and what has happened in his past, and every time she tries to discuss it he either leaves or threatens to. It's all about making her think SHE is doing something wrong...and then having to plead and whine to convince him forgive her. He's a real hero, that Rafe. :eyeroll:

cindymint
Member Avatar

RAFE is proctecting her from his past but no one that is not a SAFE person can see that because they fast forward threw everything.Something bad happen in his past and he is worried it will happen again because of what happen to emily.I think it had something to do with the FBI.He is not leaving salem or Sami he loves her to much.
He has never been my way or the highway.But I can see how that is how it looks to the Ejami fans.
But you dont' see the Ejami fans talk about all the stuff Ej did to Sami.RAFE has done nothing but protect SAMI even when she didn't want it.In time RAFE will tell SAMI more about his past but right now she has enough to deal with.With the lose of GRACE and now this stuff going on with Lucas and Chloe.
SAMI love RAFE not Ej.She has never loved Ej.She has stated that more times then I can count.Like she said in the police station when EJ make the comment about her being so madly in love with RAFE. When she stated that he is a hell of lot better man then any other man that she thought she was so madly in love with over the past few years and that was including Ej.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

cindymint
Aug 5 2009, 09:20 PM
RAFE is proctecting her from his past but no one that is not a SAFE person can see that because they fast forward threw everything.Something bad happen in his past and he is worried it will happen again because of what happen to emily.I think it had something to do with the FBI.He is not leaving salem or Sami he loves her to much.
He has never been my way or the highway.But I can see how that is how it looks to the Ejami fans.
But you dont' see the Ejami fans talk about all the stuff Ej did to Sami.RAFE has done nothing but protect SAMI even when she didn't want it.In time RAFE will tell SAMI more about his past but right now she has enough to deal with.With the lose of GRACE and now this stuff going on with Lucas and Chloe.
SAMI love RAFE not Ej.She has never loved Ej.She has stated that more times then I can count.Like she said in the police station when EJ make the comment about her being so madly in love with RAFE. When she stated that he is a hell of lot better man then any other man that she thought she was so madly in love with over the past few years and that was including Ej.
Actually, believe it or not, I don't fast forward through any of it. I watch the whole show...all the way through. EJole, Lumi, Safe, Danloe, Philanie, etc... I may not enjoy it all, but I watch it and my opinions are based on what I've seen play out on screen or what the characters tell us happened off screen. (which sucks...but for whatever reason, that's the way they choose to do things)

From what I've seen, everytime the going gets rough for Rafe...Rafe gets going. He's all about insisting that Sami tell him every aspect of her life - where she goes, who she talks to on the phone, etc. But how dare she ask legitimate questions about his life - present or past. In truth, I don't think the writers will go here because I don't think GG has the acting chops to pull it off...but Rafe's controlling yet elusive behavior certainly could seem to be setting up an abusive relationship story. Dude needs to take a step back and get over himself. I mean...seriously? He's jealous and suspicious over a phone call from Sami's FATHER? And confronts him about it? Very, very controlling...and so not attractive.

Nicole Walker

EJ is also controlling infact he's a control freak. I prefer Rafe though.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Sounds good. Thanks for posting.

Manda1

SocRMum1
Aug 5 2009, 09:33 PM
cindymint
Aug 5 2009, 09:20 PM
Actually, believe it or not, I don't fast forward through any of it. I watch the whole show...all the way through. EJole, Lumi, Safe, Danloe, Philanie, etc... I may not enjoy it all, but I watch it and my opinions are based on what I've seen play out on screen or what the characters tell us happened off screen. (which sucks...but for whatever reason, that's the way they choose to do things)

From what I've seen, everytime the going gets rough for Rafe...Rafe gets going. He's all about insisting that Sami tell him every aspect of her life - where she goes, who she talks to on the phone, etc. But how dare she ask legitimate questions about his life - present or past. In truth, I don't think the writers will go here because I don't think GG has the acting chops to pull it off...but Rafe's controlling yet elusive behavior certainly could seem to be setting up an abusive relationship story. Dude needs to take a step back and get over himself. I mean...seriously? He's jealous and suspicious over a phone call from Sami's FATHER? And confronts him about it? Very, very controlling...and so not attractive.

Rafe won't be written as dark and abusive and it won't be because of Galen's acting abilities. It is not called for in the chacter of Rafe. EJ is the abusive and controlling one....I mean poor Nicole...'Where have you been?' she can't leave the house without the third degree. What other character screams at his wife at the top of his lungs? What other character goes into meltdown and histrionics when he hears of bad news or betrayal be it personal or business related? That is the EJ character. That is not the Rafe character which is why I like him.

Some like me don't like dark, spiteful or cruel - but it's fine that some do. We don't need two of anything on this show. I am glad that Rafe is silent or walks away rather than call Sami every name under the sun, threaten her and say abusive cruel things. Rafe is a good guy I hope the writers keep him that way, just like EJ needs to stay dark as James plays that much better than EJ's attempts at 'grey' last year to get into Sami's good books - fat load of good it did him anyway she still continued to treat him like crap - whereas she is showing Rafe love or vomiting love all over Rafe as someone said in another thread all the time - what a contrast! :wow: Safe will be back together soon - they won't be able to stay apart. Too much love has been declared by both of them over the last 6-weeks for them to be over. :wub: Looking forward to the make up scenes and make up sex already! :jedi:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply