Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD and SOW: Ciara is Kidnapped!; August 18th issues; Summary of Articles
Topic Started: Aug 5 2009, 12:30 PM (3,005 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

This week's SOD and SOW feature interviews with Peter Reckell, Kristian Alfonso and Ken Corday about Bo and Hope's story.

Corday explains to SOD that "Bo and Hope's story is in three phases, and this is the kickoff of the first phase." Corday continues that "the important factor here is what this does to their relationship and how it changes."

Bo and Hope drop Ciara off at a carnival with a family friend, Ellen, and Ellen's daughter Tracy. Alfonso says that "Hope's a nervous Nelly" because Ciara's at the carnival, and Hope tells Justin that Ciara is growing up and "trying to find her independence and she's becoming a little Hope". Meanwhile, however, Bo has what Reckell calls a "disturbing vision" of finding Ciara's teddy bear in the woods. Reckell says, "Bo's had this vision before, and it freaked him out so much that he put Tommy Bear away. At this moment, he thinks Tommy Bear is away in the closet."

Because of his vision, Bo calls Ellen to check on Ciara, and Ellen tells Bo that Ciara has disappeared. Bo and Hope panic and rush to the carnival. At first, Bo and Hope think Ciara wasn't kidnapped, but then little Tracy tells them that a man gave Ciara a lollipop at a birthday party, and this man was also at the carnival. Bo and Hope put things together and realize what's going on.

A witness tells Bo and Hope that a little girl was seen getting in to a car with some people. Abe later tells Bo that a car matching that description has been found by the river, but there is no sign of Ciara.

Reckell says that as Bo and Hope are dealing with this, "Hope is really crumbling", and Bo tells her to be strong and that they'll find Ciara. Alfonso says that Bo and Hope are both thinking of Zach at this moment, and that it's almost too much to think about, that they could lose not one but two children. Alfonso says that Bo and Hope try to stay in "cop mode" and concentrate on finding Ciara, since as cops they know that when a child is kidnapped, "the law of averages is not for the child."

SOD's article concludes with Reckell's discussing the fact that this is his first "child in peril" (as SOD puts it) story since the birth of his daughter Loden. He says that he has to keep reminding himself that "this is pretend", since it's very difficult for him.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

I really wish Days hadn't gone in this direction. I don't like child-in-peril stories and we just got finished with Grace's death. I'm mildly curious about the three stages thing though.

Thanks for posting, Ellie!

Mason
Member Avatar

I just want to see where this leads (hopefully to an end once and for all to the damn visions).

Deleted User
Deleted User

Lawrence kidnapped her.
Quote Post Goto Top

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Ellie
Aug 5 2009, 12:30 PM
Corday explains to SOD that "Bo and Hope's story is in three phases, and this is the kickoff of the first phase." Corday continues that "the important factor here is what this does to their relationship and how it changes."
That makes me hopeful that they have the story planned already and don't just come up with some random shit a long the way like it's been for the past years.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Amello
Aug 5 2009, 12:35 PM
Lawrence kidnapped her.
Is that a spoiler or your speculation?

lastDays
Member Avatar

Mason
Aug 5 2009, 12:34 PM
I just want to see where this leads (hopefully to an end once and for all to the damn visions).
To the Carly/Bo/Hope triangle

Deleted User
Deleted User

Sindacco
Aug 5 2009, 12:37 PM
Amello
Lawrence kidnapped her.
Is that a spoiler or your speculation?
Speculation, of course.
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I have a feeling the visions aspect will be done soon because it seems like nothing but a way of upping the dramatic tension and building suspense.

The three phases thing, to me, seems to indicate this will somehow tie in with Carly's return. I think that is why they waited this long to tell the story as Corday indicated it would start earlier. This will cause so much tension with them (perhaps one of them makes a mistake in the midst of the search for Ciara) and then in comes Carly.

I like the line about Ciara being a "little Hope." So cute. I also like the mentions of Zack. It's just nice to see Bo and Hope involved again in an actual story, not the junk they got earlier this year.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

OMG,,this is just horrific...but I KNOW Kristian and Peter will give it all they got!!At least we are finally getting actors showcased that can actually ACT,and not mumble their way through their scripts!
Edited by EjsGaGirl, Aug 5 2009, 12:48 PM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Sindacco
Aug 5 2009, 12:36 PM
Ellie
That makes me hopeful that they have the story planned already and don't just come up with some random shit a long the way like it's been for the past years.
That has been the case since Tomlin came on. It's just sad that it did not happen sooner but, then again, Tomlin seems to be the only one since Langan who can keep Corday out of things. It's so simple. You get rid of Corday and add to the fact that Tomlin and the writing team share their vision, and the show has more direction and long-term planning then it has in years. That is the problem with soaps today. Too many hands in the cookie jar. There needs to be one vision and these shows have to find a way to make that happen.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Amello
Lawrence kidnapped her.
Now I can see that.

Maybe that is why Sabatino's return seemed a bit more uncertain. Maybe they were trying to keep that one close to the vest until later.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Another story that sounds promising now. Lets hope the writers give Bo and Hope the same justice that they have been giving EJ, Sami, Nicole and Rafe. Bo and Hope have been background material for the entire year. I think it's fair to make this the new leading story. I don't want to see this story told in the same one day apparance that Bo and Hope make through the week. This needs to captivate viewers and to do that, you're going to have to focus on this story more than once a week.

Mason
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Aug 5 2009, 12:44 PM
Lets hope the writers give Bo and Hope the same justice that they have been giving EJ, Sami, Nicole and Rafe.
Hopefully they do better than that, LoL!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Seriously, this is the first real Bo and Hope story from this writing team. Don't fuck it up!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Aug 5 2009, 12:44 PM
Another story that sounds promising now. Lets hope the writers give Bo and Hope the same justice that they have been giving EJ, Sami, Nicole and Rafe. Bo and Hope have been background material for the entire year. I think it's fair to make this the new leading story. I don't want to see this story told in the same one day apparance that Bo and Hope make through the week. This needs to captivate viewers and to do that, you're going to have to focus on this story more than once a week.
Absolutely.

I think they will now that they give a damn. Back in the winter during the visions stuff, they clearly didn't. The show seems all about pushing Bo and Hope and the upcoming returns to try to secure another renewal. When they care, things end up being much better developed. They've cared about Rafe/Sami/EJ/Nicole since day one and it shows. I think we will see the Rafe/Sami/EJ/Nicole and Lawrence/Carly/Bo/Hope/Daniel/Victor/Vivian/etc stories be the A stories with Philip/Stephanie/Nathan/Melanie being the main supporting story, as Corday indicated.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Aug 5 2009, 12:43 PM
Sindacco
Ellie
That has been the case since Tomlin came on. It's just sad that it did not happen sooner but, then again, Tomlin seems to be the only one since Langan who can keep Corday out of things. It's so simple. You get rid of Corday and add to the fact that Tomlin and the writing team share their vision, and the show has more direction and long-term planning then it has in years. That is the problem with soaps today. Too many hands in the cookie jar. There needs to be one vision and these shows have to find a way to make that happen.
You know I haven't really felt the long-term vision for the show since Tomlin came, except for the Baby switch. Everything else just feels like it did when Corday/NBC messed with Sheffer's work and the Higley/Scott shit last summer. Storylines are dropped, random stuff is happening, no pay-offs, etc, etc.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Sindacco
Aug 5 2009, 12:52 PM
PhoenixRising05
Aug 5 2009, 12:43 PM
Sindacco

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
You know I haven't really felt the long-term vision for the show since Tomlin came, except for the Baby switch. Everything else just feels like it did when Corday/NBC messed with Sheffer's work and the Higley/Scott shit last summer. Storylines are dropped, random stuff is happening, no pay-offs, etc, etc.
The only story that changed gears alot was Lucas/Chloe/Daniel/Kate but, to me, that wasn't meant to be a long-term story to begin with so I can see that. Everything else had a plan IMO. I've seen nothing really dropped that wasn't picked up at some point nor have I seen anything random. The only thing that comes close is the Carlo stuff yesterday.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I'm ready for Bo and Hope to have a big storyline..With John, Marlena, Steve and Kayla gone they really do need to be showcased to appease the fans...

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

PhoenixRising05
Aug 5 2009, 12:49 PM
The show seems all about pushing Bo and Hope and the upcoming returns to try to secure another renewal. When they care, things end up being much better developed. They've cared about Rafe/Sami/EJ/Nicole since day one and it shows. I think we will see the Rafe/Sami/EJ/Nicole and Lawrence/Carly/Bo/Hope/Daniel/Victor/Vivian/etc stories be the A stories with Philip/Stephanie/Nathan/Melanie being the main supporting story, as Corday indicated.
I think the Alamains/Bo/Hope/etc. are going to build towards being the featured story for the late fall, assuming the baby switch reveal comes out before AZ's maternity leave which is what Corday said (or close enough). I would guess they will heavily feature Bo and Hope's story and the Alamains, and I agree with you that (unfortunately for me) the Philip/Stephanie/Nathan/Melanie quad will be the main "B" story, but I kind of think that we'll be seeing less of Rafe, Sami, EJ and Nicole after the reveal for a while. Some of it may depend too on how popular Brady and Arianna get, as they could be a "B" story too.

I also like the spec of Lawrence kidnapping Ciara. That is, if she just has to be kidnapped.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply