Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
IE8 problems?
Topic Started: Aug 8 2009, 07:23 PM (458 Views)
Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Anyone else here have IE8 and having issues with the board? Ever since it upgraded the other day, I get stuck in this endless loop of it refreshing the ads that eventually kills my browser.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

It's not just you. IE8 is junk. Whenever I click on it on my desktop, it opens the browser like 3-4 times, instead of just once. It doesn't like to type if there is something animated on the same page. It likes to freeze up if it has to do more than walk and chew gum at the same time.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I have the same problem as you two. I've resorted to using Firefox for the board now. I hate Firefox, but IE just won't work successfully.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I tried IE 8 and didn't like it, for me it opened slower and was slower in general then IE 7 which is what I use when I do use IE. I like FF since it has adblock and you can use different extensions and themes.

I've checked the ZB support board but didn't see anything regarding IE 8 over there, it's a PITA to nose around over there because like here they have to many posts for the search function to work..... :flipoff:

If anyone wants to post over there and ask you can get to it by clicking on the link below, you'll need to register there and post in the General ZB Support section. I can post there later and ask if you give me a few more details about the issues you all are having when it comes to the board.

http://if.invisionfree.com/index/

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

The only problem I have with IE is constant "Malicious Script" messages whenever I open it! And every once in awhile, I get a message telling me they've "encountered a problem" and need to close down! I use Firefox for most of the sites I visit because IE is usually opened to a forum where I need to spend a lot of time.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I just deleted all my cookies on IE (been about a week since I had done that), and the board seems to be running WAY smoother!

Sindacco
Member Avatar

The board is actually running faster for me since I upgraded to IE8.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DR Member Help & Support · Next Topic »
Add Reply