Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; Week of 8/10 - 8/14
Topic Started: Aug 9 2009, 03:53 PM (4,535 Views)
Mason

Days of Our Lives
Week of 8/10 - 8/14

Classic Clip:
Sami confesses to kidnapping Belle. (1993)

(double click the video to play)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jane1978

Thanks, Mason. Love the music, but the fake suspension thing is so JERish. Most of the show Sami just stands there not saying anything, while the rest fights and repeats the same questions again and again never getting an answer. Stupid. And John so reminded me Rafe in this clip. They both have the exact same kind of calm, monotonous delivery. No wonder people think Safe are the new Jarlena.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

I can't stand Rafe, he sounds like such a retard when he talks, so rusty.
Edited by Sindacco, Aug 9 2009, 05:20 PM.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

I liked the scenes Stefano had with Lexie, Abe and Theo. Especially when Stefano almost started to cry when he talked to Lexie about Theo. I just wish their scenes had been longer.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

HELL NO! Rafe in scene with the Carvers, I think I'm gonna puke :puke:

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Nicole: I was with Sami. She is a mess thanks to you. Heartbroken, blubbering, red face mess.
Stefano: Uuhhhhh, what an image.

LMAO :D

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Rafe: Yeah well I'm a little rosty.

Bahahaha, the scriptwriter must share my opinion about Seņor Hernandez.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

i really loved that stefano called nicole out, asking her if she wanted a gold star because she regrets what she did. i kind of agree in a round-about way--nicole either needs to shit or get off the pot. i love nicole, but if she's really sorry, she'll just admit what she did. she's clearly not that sorry, so i liked stefano's attitude that nicole would have to choose ruining her own life if she wanted to do right by sami.

i also feel sorry for sami. it was hard watching her scenes with nicole. it's so rare for sami to trust and confide in a woman, and i have to admit i'm a sucker for female friendships. i like it when the girls confide in each other. so it's hard watching sami befriend her when i know she's going to be crushed by nicole's deception later.

is is just me or was the abe and lexie stuff totally random for anyone else? it's like the show forgot about them as a family unit for a few months and are trying to reintroduce them. i thought it was weird.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

luvpumpkns
Aug 9 2009, 09:04 PM
is is just me or was the abe and lexie stuff totally random for anyone else? it's like the show forgot about them as a family unit for a few months and are trying to reintroduce them. i thought it was weird.

They have been used as filler for years :(

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

i almost don't mind when they have their own isolated family scenes(like lexie finding out about theo getting into a minstream school the other day) but today was different. i guess lexie and abe were being used today to reinforce the idea that stefano cares about his grandkids and rafe really cared about grace, but the way the writers went about it felt forced for some reason. i found it very odd that abe was traipsing over the dimera mansion all smiles to deliver a sixth month birthday gift for sydney. i don't know...it just didn't work for me at all.

Alligato
Member Avatar

luvpumpkns
Aug 9 2009, 09:04 PM
i really loved that stefano called nicole out, asking her if she wanted a gold star because she regrets what she did. i kind of agree in a round-about way--nicole either needs to shit or get off the pot. i love nicole, but if she's really sorry, she'll just admit what she did. she's clearly not that sorry, so i liked stefano's attitude that nicole would have to choose ruining her own life if she wanted to do right by sami.

i also feel sorry for sami. it was hard watching her scenes with nicole. it's so rare for sami to trust and confide in a woman, and i have to admit i'm a sucker for female friendships. i like it when the girls confide in each other. so it's hard watching sami befriend her when i know she's going to be crushed by nicole's deception later.

I agree, luv. While I am finding remorseful Nicole an interesting twist in her character - at least someone on the damn show is - befriending Sami and feeling regret needs to be solved instead of wallowing in it. And really, EJ isn't so much a keeper anymore...so I guess the only thing that is holding her back is losing Sydney...so I can see why she is hesitant.
Nicole needs to be reminded not so much that EJ will be angry or Sami is devestated about Rafe, but that Sydney will be taken away.
I can't wait to see how it will all play out!

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

The Lexie stuff is and isn't random to me. It's strange that she hasn't cut off all ties to Stefano and EJ due to various reasons, I could buy her being torn more if she had had a more solid relationship with these two in the past. It's also weird to celebrate half birthdays but I guess people do it. I think it's the writers way of reminding us that Grace and Syd were conceived at the same time and are the same age, I think this will come into play later.

The best thing that could happen to Theo is to have Stefano raise him. Lexie freaked out more over the toy than Theo did. I liked Stefano in these scenes today, it shows him as ruthless but also human.

Love nurturing Nicole! The scene between Sami and Nicole had some good elements at play, much better than the Chloe-Nicole relationship.

EJ, EJ, EJ...he sure is a prize. What would an episode be like without EJ demanding where Nicole has been, yelling at her, or his 20 questions.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Quote:

I could buy her being torn more if she had had a more solid relationship with these two in the past.

She did with Stefano in the past.

Quote:

Love nurturing Nicole! The scene between Sami and Nicole had some good elements at play, much better than the Chloe-Nicole relationship.

I think it's even worse than Chloe-Nicole.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Yeah, I remember the whole baby switch stuff back then and i wasn't really convince then either. Maybe because I missed the Lex-stef relationship from the very beginning, might have made a difference.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Oh Lucas. You made Aunt Maggie cry! Great scene! I do feel for Lucas as everything has been such an embarrassment to his character. i love his anger.
And holy crap! I couldn't put my finger on why I can't get into Safe, but when I saw Lumi today, it became clear. AS doesn't need to sell Lumi...she is relaxed, they are fun together and adlib well with each other. When she is with Safe, she is trying so hard to sell them that it seems forced. I know AS and GG are friends, but with BD, they come off as such a team. When Lucas isn't constantly yelling at Sami, I think I am a fan of Lumi...moreso than Safe.
BD looked great today too in that suit. Not sure why he is in a suit, but he wore it well. Loved their conversation about Chloe.
And I think that Sami's interest in Emily is more about her being nosy and needing to know everything than fearing her/her kids safety.
And Rafe and Arianna's conversation confirmed that Rafe is covering for Ari over him being a murderer. I am so over Rafe's big secret. So dumb.

Why is Joe Isuzu working at the Salem PD? I did finally love a Bope scene, even the one with Victor. And Justin's entrance was pretty cool. I forgot that today was his first day.

And of course, i am still loving Dr. Daniel's quest for the truth and Kate's little digs...it will get old though if it doesn't progress.

Good show today.

jcar03
Member Avatar

Alligato
Aug 11 2009, 07:45 PM
Why is Joe Isuzu working at the Salem PD? I did finally love a Bope scene, even the one with Victor. And Justin's entrance was pretty cool. I forgot that today was his first day.
David Leisure is the District Attorney. It looks like his new thing is appearing on soaps since he did a stint on Y&R earlier this year.

jcar03
Member Avatar

I have to say that I'm loving some of the colors they have been putting the men in recently. Bo's shirt just pops on screen!

jcar03
Member Avatar

I think Lucas was a little too harsh on Maggie. I get that he was upset but his words were really mean.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

jcar03
Aug 11 2009, 10:47 PM
I have to say that I'm loving some of the colors they have been putting the men in recently. Bo's shirt just pops on screen!
Ewww, I hate it. And I hate that Bo always wears shirt with tie and suit jacket these days. He looks much better in casual.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Did anyone else think the bail money was unrealisticly high? Sami's bail money during Franco's murder was 1 million. Daniel's bail money is 60 million (!) and this is just attempted murder.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply