Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; Week of 8/10 - 8/14
Topic Started: Aug 9 2009, 03:53 PM (4,659 Views)
luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Aug 12 2009, 07:53 AM
Did anyone else think the bail money was unrealisticly high? Sami's bail money during Franco's murder was 1 million. Daniel's bail money is 60 million (!) and this is just attempted murder.
plus when you bond someone out of jail, you only put down ten percent of the original bail set. so does that mean daniel's bail was really 600 million? i mean that's not even possible.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

aimees76
Member Avatar

:D :D :D I'm still smiling over the LUMI scenes. :D :D :D
AS and BD remind us once again why LUMI are awesomeness. They are so effortless, fun, sweet, funny, relaxed, and have chemistry up the wazoo!! LOVE them!! :D I want more. :D
The second best part of yesterday's show was Justin just strolling in ... :D eek! I got a little goose-bumping and my tummy did a flippity flop! I just ADORE WK (watched GH for a million years, but knew him as Justin first). :wub: He's so adorable. :wub:

I felt a little weird about the Sole scenes - on one hand I love that my two favorite female characters were having these bonding, emotional moments - and I am kind of loving the growth that they are both experiencing now - but on the other hand I'm kind of like, what da? Its just weird. I love snarky Sole - but I think I kind of like them as friends too ... I can't decide. I am almost hoping that because EJ continues to be a royal asshole to Nicole on a daily basis, and that she is getting closer with Sami, and torn to shreds by her guilt, that maybe she will ultimately give Sydney to Sami and tell her the truth, maybe give her some info on EJ too, or something, to give her an advantage so that EJ can't keep her from her ... IDK, I'm dreaming, I know, but I just would love it if Nicole AND Sami could somehow come out of this story better off. But then again, the Ejole fan in me is still hoping for EJ to get his head out of his ass and get back to being cute and sexy with his wife instead of the scowling dickwad who is so entitled and self-important that he misses Sydney's half-birthday cake, but is mad that Nicole was out the following day and missed Abe and Lexie's appearance .. wth? Stupid. Whatever. I think EJ is back on the unredeemable train anyway, Nicole however, still has a chance.
Edited by aimees76, Aug 12 2009, 01:32 PM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I love how the writers are taking the time to devote a whole scene to Bo and Hope discussing the Fancy Face and how important it is to Bo and Hope's history. Meanwhile, the current head writer is the one who thought of the "brilliant" idea to sell the Fancy Face the first time she had control over the show's writing. Dumb bitch.

heidi
Member Avatar

I think I'm in love with Dr. Baker.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Actually watched a good bit of today and enjoyed most of it, but I think it was because everyone on today was someone I liked or care about. Of course, Sami and Rafe are exempt LOL

Personally, today proved that the show NEEDS to pair Daniel with Lexie and the current story could so easily move in that direction it's ridiculous. But, unfortunately, I know that will never happen.
Quote Post Goto Top

Cupcake06

Amello
Aug 12 2009, 05:47 PM

Personally, today proved that the show NEEDS to pair Daniel with Lexie
I was thinking the same damn thing.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Cupcake06
Aug 12 2009, 06:08 PM
Amello
Aug 12 2009, 05:47 PM

Personally, today proved that the show NEEDS to pair Daniel with Lexie
I was thinking the same damn thing.
Of course, I've been saying this since before he even arrived. Stupid PTB!
Quote Post Goto Top

Alligato
Member Avatar

LOVE me some Dr. Baker and Nicole banter!

And Sami...maybe Ms. Puts-Her-Kids-First could stop have men in her kid's lives come in/come out. Between Johnny and Ali dealing with different dads picking them up, they got to deal with Rafe moving in/moving out. Good grief!

Great scene with Justin and Joe Isuzu and Dr. Dan.
Spooky with Ciara and strange dude...do we know who is preying on her? I'm not sure if it is just an abduction story for Bope or if it ties in to future characters being introduced.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

The current story would play nicely for Daniel and Lexie. They should totally go there but I doubt it would happen since it has yet to happen. It's funny because Lexie was the one person we all thought for sure Daniel would sleep with when he came on LOL. I do like Abe and Lexie being seen more and being more active.

I also like David Leisure is the DA and Wally Kurth stepped right back into Justin's shoes with ease. He hasn't changed a bit and kudos to Days having him interact with so many people, especially Bo and Hope, on his first day. I knew he would interact with Victor right away but not the others. That was nice to see. I have a feeling we will see them try Justin with Hope. The scene at the end where she heard him on the phone with Adrienne and we know they have some more stuff coming...just makes me sense they may go there. I would love that.

I also think Kurth has great chemistry with Lauren Koslow. That could be fun. Loving Kate and her scenes with Victor. I love seeing Victor continuing to be active. The Kiriakis family really is at the center of the show now and I love it.

Great Sami/Rafe scenes. Galen and Ali were great. I also have to say that I really enjoyed Sami/Lucas yesterday and The Arianna/Rafe scene yesterday where they hinted at how he was covering for her because the music in that scene was really foreboding and Galen and Felisha played it well. I also noticed something. Felisha's acting is hit or miss with Eric Martsolf but around others she is pretty good. I think the forced Brady/Arianna pairing has hurt both of their performances.

Loved Nicole and Dr. Baker. They are hilarious. I wish he would stick around for good.

Very good week thus far.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Aug 12 2009, 02:39 PM
I love how the writers are taking the time to devote a whole scene to Bo and Hope discussing the Fancy Face and how important it is to Bo and Hope's history. Meanwhile, the current head writer is the one who thought of the "brilliant" idea to sell the Fancy Face the first time she had control over the show's writing. Dumb bitch.
LMAO.

Even if Higley has no power right now (which you know I believe is the case), I would've loved to be a fly on the wall when they were writing this. I still can't believe she had them sell the Fancy Face for a bounty hunter van, especially since she seemed to adore Bo and Hope.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Alligato
Aug 13 2009, 12:03 AM
Spooky with Ciara and strange dude...do we know who is preying on her? I'm not sure if it is just an abduction story for Bope or if it ties in to future characters being introduced.
That was creepy. It has been since we first saw the guy circling Hope's picture in the paper back in June.

I think this story is the springboard to the returns. I think that is why they slowly built up to all this happening.

Days4Life

DrewHamilton
Aug 12 2009, 02:39 PM
I get furious every time I think of that oh-so-brilliant plot of Bo and Hope selling the Fancy Face to buy an SUV and become bounty hunters. So stupid. I guess we're just lucky she didn't have Alice sell the Horton home to buy a Dunkin Donuts franchise.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

kudos to the casting department for finding the creep that takes ciara. that part where he smelled her teddy bear literally made me shudder.

i was so glad to see lexie and ej having a heart-to-heart. ej needs a sane confidante, and lexie is the best option. i loved their scenes together.

rafe is a total prick. i know i'm supposed to be thrilled that he's on the case when it comes to the baby switch, but i'm not. hearing him whine all day about how he supposedly loves sami and wants to protect her made me want to throw something at the tv. the woman is at home right now, bawling her eyes out because the man she loves doesn't have the decency or intelligence to just tell her he isn't a murderer, and instead of rafe rectifying the situation he decides he's going to protect sami and show his love for her by digging into something that may turn out to be nothing. this guy is THE WORST.

i also have to diasgree with the line today where rafe told arianna that sami asked him to make sure baker left town because she 'thought he was a bad guy.' poppycock. sami wanted baker out of town because she didn't want anyone to know she gave birth to grace. nothing more, nothing less. i get that the writers want to make rafe's suspicions of the guy make some sense, but the scenes concerning sami and baker were from just a few months ago. rewriting years-old history is one thing. rewriting shit that happened three months ago is unacceptable.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

luvpumpkns
Aug 13 2009, 12:50 PM
kudos to the casting department for finding the creep that takes ciara. that part where he smelled her teddy bear literally made me shudder.

i was so glad to see lexie and ej having a heart-to-heart. ej needs a sane confidante, and lexie is the best option. i loved their scenes together.

rafe is a total prick. i know i'm supposed to be thrilled that he's on the case when it comes to the baby switch, but i'm not. hearing him whine all day about how he supposedly loves sami and wants to protect her made me want to throw something at the tv. the woman is at home right now, bawling her eyes out because the man she loves doesn't have the decency or intelligence to just tell her he isn't a murderer, and instead of rafe rectifying the situation he decides he's going to protect sami and show his love for her by digging into something that may turn out to be nothing. this guy is THE WORST.

i also have to diasgree with the line today where rafe told arianna that sami asked him to make sure baker left town because she 'thought he was a bad guy.' poppycock. sami wanted baker out of town because she didn't want anyone to know she gave birth to grace. nothing more, nothing less. i get that the writers want to make rafe's suspicions of the guy make some sense, but the scenes concerning sami and baker were from just a few months ago. rewriting years-old history is one thing. rewriting shit that happened three months ago is unacceptable.
I haven't watched today's show yet so I can't comment on the rest of your post (although it sounds like I'd pretty much be in agreement) but I did want to touch on the bolded part.

I had the same reaction watching yesterday's show when Rafe and Sami were having their 1043884 goodbye scene and started talking about Grace's birth. Sami mentioned something about how Dr. Baker was very concerned but all she could think about was Rafe and where he was and whether he was alive. WTF??? Did I miss something? Because that's not how I remember that at all. I know that Rafe was a little 'tied up' while Sami was giving birth - but I only remember Sami being worried about the baby - I don't remember her mentioning or thinking about Rafe at all. I might have blocked it out...but I don't think so. :hmmph:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

OMG!! That Dr. Baker/Nicole trivia segment was hilarious! The way he [practically pranced around her and totally took over the segment, asking the question "Who is Dr. Baker's mother?" and replying that it's "Alice Horton" was hilarious. Nicole's reaction was funny as hell.

Days really needs to keep Dr. Baker around. The man is awesome! Sadly, I see the writing on the wall for him as Stefano is pissed and seem to make a call at the end of today to have him taken care of. I did like the Stefano/Nicole scenes and also liked the Nicole/Baker, of course. I like that Stefano and Nicole are both concerned about EJ gravitating toward Sami again.

Really enjoyed EJ/Lexie. I hope we get more scenes with these two.

Felisha Terrell is so much better away from the forced Brady/Arianna stuff. Loved her scenes with Rafe and even seeing her around Bo, Hope, and Justin was refreshing. I loved seeing Bo and Hope out and catching up with him. I hope Justin sticks around. Wally is great and I definitely see them testing out Hope and Justin. It already seems they are and it seems they have more scenes coming so I can see it. I think it would be great to go there since Bo and Justin, while ok now, did have tension at times between them way back when.

The guy playing Kyle, Ciara's kidnapper, was creepy. When he sniffed the bear, My God! I got chills. Glad they had Hope have a line asking Bo if Ellen was watching too many kids as that was clearly the case. I mean, she had difficulty watching both Ciara and her daughter at the birthday party a few weeks back and now having so many kids...glad the show played it realistically. Having the little girl hurt herself was a decent distraction to set up the kidnapping. It was just so scary watching the kidnapper slowly lure Ciara into the trap. She was resistant and that seemed to surprise him but the whole story about Hope being in an accident and Bo calling him to get Ciara was just the deal sealer. Just very creepy scenes all around.

Again, nice seeing Abe, Lexie, and Theo so much of late. Hope that continues.

Good show today.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

i can't remember exactly, but something was going on with rafe when sami went into labor. i remember her telling sister teresa that she worried he might be dead, because i think hilda got shot right before sami went into labor, also. i guess that is what they were referring to, but like you said, once sami learned something might be wrong with grace, rafe wasn't really at the forefront of her thoughts.
Edited by luvpumpkns, Aug 13 2009, 01:17 PM.

jcar03
Member Avatar

That trivia segment was funny!

jcar03
Member Avatar

Does anyone know a place that has a record of the trivia segments?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

jcar03
Aug 13 2009, 01:31 PM
Does anyone know a place that has a record of the trivia segments?
A few people post them on youtube. I've yet to see any exact place where people keep track of them. Maybe Jason47 does as he keeps track of everything, pretty much LOL.

jcar03
Member Avatar

Did Theo witness Ciara leaving with the creepy guy?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply