Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; Week of 8/10 - 8/14
Topic Started: Aug 9 2009, 03:53 PM (4,523 Views)
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^Yep, it seems he did.

Just by reading tomorrow's day ahead, it's clear he did but he doesn't quite know how to verbalize it. He just keeps saying "See, Ciara."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jcar03
Member Avatar

I'm glad they worked that in. They have been sure to let us know over the last few days that Theo has trouble verbalizing his thoughts, plus it gives Abe, Lexie and Theo some story.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^Yeah. I was wondering why we had been seeing more of them the past week or so. Now it makes sense. Just glad they are using them for something LOL.

Manda1

SocRMum1
Aug 13 2009, 12:56 PM
luvpumpkns
Aug 13 2009, 12:50 PM
kudos to the casting department for finding the creep that takes ciara. that part where he smelled her teddy bear literally made me shudder.

i was so glad to see lexie and ej having a heart-to-heart. ej needs a sane confidante, and lexie is the best option. i loved their scenes together.

rafe is a total prick. i know i'm supposed to be thrilled that he's on the case when it comes to the baby switch, but i'm not. hearing him whine all day about how he supposedly loves sami and wants to protect her made me want to throw something at the tv. the woman is at home right now, bawling her eyes out because the man she loves doesn't have the decency or intelligence to just tell her he isn't a murderer, and instead of rafe rectifying the situation he decides he's going to protect sami and show his love for her by digging into something that may turn out to be nothing. this guy is THE WORST.

i also have to diasgree with the line today where rafe told arianna that sami asked him to make sure baker left town because she 'thought he was a bad guy.' poppycock. sami wanted baker out of town because she didn't want anyone to know she gave birth to grace. nothing more, nothing less. i get that the writers want to make rafe's suspicions of the guy make some sense, but the scenes concerning sami and baker were from just a few months ago. rewriting years-old history is one thing. rewriting shit that happened three months ago is unacceptable.
I haven't watched today's show yet so I can't comment on the rest of your post (although it sounds like I'd pretty much be in agreement) but I did want to touch on the bolded part.

I had the same reaction watching yesterday's show when Rafe and Sami were having their 1043884 goodbye scene and started talking about Grace's birth. Sami mentioned something about how Dr. Baker was very concerned but all she could think about was Rafe and where he was and whether he was alive. WTF??? Did I miss something? Because that's not how I remember that at all. I know that Rafe was a little 'tied up' while Sami was giving birth - but I only remember Sami being worried about the baby - I don't remember her mentioning or thinking about Rafe at all. I might have blocked it out...but I don't think so. :hmmph:
You blocked it out because Sami was praying for Rafe, talking about Rafe, worrying about Rafe, having flashbacks about Rafe during every eppy that she was on in the convent when he went after the killer, she planned to go a look for him just before she went into labour, during the labour she was worrying about where he was, when Sydney was born and the doctor took her out of the room she was worrying about Rafe and even had a 'dream; that he turned up at the hospital. Sami was being criticized on this very board for thinking about Rafe at a time like that rather than her baby etc.

So Sami's comments were a very accurate recall of what happened.

heidi
Member Avatar

Loved that trivia segment! Please don't kill Dr. Baker. :pray:

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

The guy stalking Ciarra is giving me the creaps.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Alligato, thanks for making me LOL at the name you've given to the DA. I remember those commercials too. I also agree that Kate and Dan are a little bit HOT. LK does go for it in those kisses. I still hate that's the motive behind Kate's revenge but hey... :drunk:
Edited by Halloween Family, Aug 13 2009, 07:02 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alligato
Member Avatar

Okay. JS just brought the hotness today! OMG! He owned that suit, the hair is awesome and the stubble is back to being sexy for some reason. Just gorgeous!

But was today the day that he proclaims he is in love with Sami? Did he even say the word? Because all I heard was "I can't hate her" "She's Johnny's mother and it is unhealthy for him" "Nicole is a wonderful wife, wonderful mother and I love HER" "I have to remind myself to hate Sami" etc. etc. Almost like Lexie was putting words in his mouth. I can't believe they made a big deal over that scene. It was nothing as usual. And his Nicole love was pretty damn convincing to me!
I think they do articles like that to drum up fanbase squabbles because that didn't change a thing and was really nothing to affect anyone.

It was cute at the end when Lexie and EJ said that they loved each other. I wish those two would scheme and go bad ass again. They play well off of each other.

I love me some Dr. Bakole! And Nicole and Stefano...I love when she gets snarky with the big guys! And the trivia was cute. Glad they cut it up a bit!

And Ciara is gorgeous...and her and creepy dude freak me out. Sniffing the bear? Disturbing!

Rafe and Arianna are good together too. I agree with the observation about Ari having chemistry with everyone except Brady. They should have switched the casting and had GG as Brady - he looks Greek.

I have been enjoying Days!

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

When Hope first saw Justin, it looked like they shared a romantic moment. did they have that sort of history together? I liked Hope's beetlejuice outfit.

Wow, what a creepy pervert they have as the kidnapper!

To me it was pretty clear Sami still has EJ's heart in her hateful clutches. I dont think it was necessary for him to utter the words. The ejole moment didn't move me one bit, all I saw was a man trying to appreciate what he has but still yearning for something he cant have.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

Well, the nice thing about Days' pandering is that everybody can see what they want to see. As somebody without a dog in the EJami/EJole fight, I think that EJ clearly does have some feelings for Sami, even though he'd like to hate her because he is so angry for what she did. But, I do think that he loves Nicole very much and was sincere in what he told her.

The Dr. Baker/Nicole stuff was hilarious as usual. The Ciara kidnapping scenes were just creepy so I mostly fast forwarded them.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Hmmm...the Ciara scenes with her kidnapper were disturbing. Hopefully they won't have us seeing him with her much...I find it hard to watch, even though I know it's just 'pretend'. I suppose that's the point, though, isn't it?

It has been nice to see so much more of Lexie, Abe and Theo. Loved the Lexie/EJ scenes. I thought JS did a great job of conveying EJ's conflicted feelings. Logically he shouldn't have any lingering tender feelings for Sami. Here is a man who seemingly has everything he wants - a devoted wife, great kids, etc. But the heart wants what it wants - and his has ALWAYS wanted Sami. I think he is trying to make himself believe his love for Nicole runs deeper than anything he's ever experienced because it should. But somewhere buried in that thick skull he senses that things aren't what they should be there, either - and the truth is, they aren't. I just wish they'd allow EJ to finally come out of the fog and start figuring this stuff out on his own. I miss the days when it was a given that EJ was a step ahead of everyone else.

I picked up a chemistry vibe between Justin and Hope that I don't recall being there in the past. It was pretty evident, though. Really makes me wonder what is going to happen with Bope - particularly with Carly coming back on the scene.

Overall, a good show. I absolutely loved the trivia spot with Dr. Baker and Nicole. "You can't lie!" ... "You should talk." :lol:

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

I don't think he will, but I would like to see Dr. Baker stick around. I didn't care one way or another that Justin was coming back - until he walked into Victor's house. I just smiled and realized it was good to have him back. But it makes me miss Steve and Kayla even more. With Carly and Lawrence coming back, they should still be there. I hope the kidnapping doesn't last too long. The little boy (Terrel?) that plays Theo is really quite good.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I haven't really watched DAYS the last two days since Justin returned. Have they explained what Adrienne and the boys have been up to? I'd really like Chad to turn out to be one of their kids.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

today was an all-around good episode. there was a lot going on, so even if you were bored by something there wasn't much of it.

loved the maggie/stephanie/sami stuff. i was kind of thrown when stephanie vehemently defended sami in the custody battle, since they never shared a scene before to my knowledge. i like that the show is at least acknowledging the family tie. also, it was kind of odd that maggie was still around sami's place after she returned from the hospital. it seems like that scene should have come before the hospital scenes.

i was surprised melanie reacted that way towards stephanie in front of nathan. again, i can't see why nathan would want to have anything to do with her, given that she all of a sudden has some major insecurity issues. i do admit that it was bitchy of stephanie not to explain herself better, and i also think it's unfair of her to consider dating nathan when melanie clearly has feelings for him. i also found it kind of heartless that those two went on to have a good time knowing melanie was so upset over a mistaken impression.

looks like from the previews that ciara's kidnapping is an attempt to extort money. i gues bo and hope should really thank god she wasn't taken by a pedophile, although that is how the guy came across in the scenes with ciara.

have i mentioned how much i hate rafe and arianna? lol. getting to see brady shirtless was all worth it, though. i have to wonder why he looked so oily at the beginning of the show, tho.

LorrieOw
Member Avatar

I have decided that I want Chad involved with vivan somehow, maybe as his aunt, who has guardianship of him.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Aug 14 2009, 02:02 PM
I haven't really watched DAYS the last two days since Justin returned. Have they explained what Adrienne and the boys have been up to? I'd really like Chad to turn out to be one of their kids.
A little. Hope asked him if he and Adrienne were empty-nesters yet and he said that Jackson was the only one still living with them.

As for Adrienne, he was on the phone with her at the police station at the end of Wednesday/beginning of Thursday's episode and things seemed a bit tense. He just kept telling her that they need to talk about this and that he was losing her (I, personally, got the feeling the connection was not being lost and that he was just trying to end the conversation). Hope came in and overheard and asked if everything was ok and he said it was. I do sense something is definitely going on though. I also think they are testing the waters for something with Justin and Hope.

I would've loved for Chad to be one one of Justin and Adrienne's kids but I don't see that happening. They've mentioned Chad's parents on occasion already and they would've began playing that already on some level. They could always somehow connect him to Vivian, Carly, etc though.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Aug 14 2009, 02:42 PM.

esp13
Member Avatar

luvpumpkns
Aug 14 2009, 02:32 PM
today was an all-around good episode. there was a lot going on, so even if you were bored by something there wasn't much of it.

loved the maggie/stephanie/sami stuff. i was kind of thrown when stephanie vehemently defended sami in the custody battle, since they never shared a scene before to my knowledge. i like that the show is at least acknowledging the family tie. also, it was kind of odd that maggie was still around sami's place after she returned from the hospital. it seems like that scene should have come before the hospital scenes.

i was surprised melanie reacted that way towards stephanie in front of nathan. again, i can't see why nathan would want to have anything to do with her, given that she all of a sudden has some major insecurity issues. i do admit that it was bitchy of stephanie not to explain herself better, and i also think it's unfair of her to consider dating nathan when melanie clearly has feelings for him. i also found it kind of heartless that those two went on to have a good time knowing melanie was so upset over a mistaken impression.
I thought the Sami/Stephanie scene was a very nice touch. Neither of them have any real friends (or mothers) around anymore, so it's nice that the show has decided to use the family connection to create that relationship between them. I hope it's not a one-off thing and they actually keep that relationship going.

I don't understand why Nathan would have any interest in Melanie at this point either. She's stood him up to go off with another guy once, gave him the cold shoulder and then turned around and did the whole "poor, pitiful me" routine until he agreed to go out with her again. Then she catches him talking to Stephanie and she goes ballistic and storms out. Who needs that much drama?

I don't think it was bitchy of Stephanie not to explain herself better simply because Melanie gave her no opportunity to explain anything. She just assumed, chewed them both out, and left. Stephanie was in the wrong when she didn't give Melanie a chance to explain anything a few weeks ago, and Melanie was totally wrong here. I don't know why it's wrong for Stephanie to consider dating Nathan, though. I mean, I don't really think she is, I think she just wants to be friends, but it's clear that Melanie and Stephanie are not friends. It's also clear that Melanie and Nathan are not in a relationship. So, if Philip and Melanie are free agents who can do what they want, then so are Stephanie and Nathan.

six
Member Avatar

After all the slow episodes, I shouldn't complain, but imo, it seems like they crammed too much into today. Stephanie, Sami, and Ari were in one place, then another, then another, without adjoining scenes. Melanie's outburst could have been fleshed out more, too. I'm more of a Melanie fan than Stephanie fan, but agree that Melanie was totally in the wrong, here. Since there were no past scenes to give her reason to do that, it was sort of insane.

Victor's cold. I'm glad that there's some reason for Philip deciding to walk away, besides Stephanie. Nathan needs to make it very clear what it is that he wants, instead of playing the crossed signals game. If it's not a date, tell the girl upfront. When Ari hesitated to go for a swim, I thought she was going to have track marks that she didn't want shown, or something, to support the rehab spec. When the guy started talking about how she's exceeding expectations for selling though, I went back to thinking this is all a rouse.

Bope has the worst luck with unrelated baby-sitters ever. They should have added a little more action there, and maybe had Abe try to rescue Ciara and get knocked out or something. It's a little sad that three separate adults, two of them ex cops, let a little girl wander off with a stranger under their care.

Overall, it was a good show, though.
Edited by six, Aug 14 2009, 03:03 PM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Today was the best episode I've seen in at least a year and a half. Every scene kept me interested, even Brady and Arianna's. I'll go further into details later. Just wanted to say that.
Edited by DrewHamilton, Aug 14 2009, 03:02 PM.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

I'm really hoping that Judi Evans will return as Adrienne and Bo, Hope, Justin and Adrienne will all become good friends. Kind of help the void of no Steve and Kayla and the friendship between the couples. I liked watching that-- You can be friends with the opposite sex and not want anything more. I'm hoping that's even true on a soap!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply