Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; Week of 8/10 - 8/14
Topic Started: Aug 9 2009, 03:53 PM (4,712 Views)
ytumbler8
Member Avatar

i cant wait for the baby switch to be out there. i hope ej gets really mad at stefano too. cause he knew pretty much the whole time, and didnt tell ej. hes being played as a fool. i dont care if stefano was protecting sydney or whatever. if he loves his son as much as he claims, he woulda told him the truth
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ytumbler8
Member Avatar

peaches179
Aug 15 2009, 07:45 PM
lysie
Aug 15 2009, 06:40 PM
What a lame carnival. When you're at a carnival and you end up playing duck duck goose, you know the carnival blows.

:roflol: :roflol:
i know whats up with the lame carnival???? they didnt even show a hint of rides, or food stands, which wouldnt be that hard to get to add to the park. lame setting, why not just go to the stupid park, instead of the lame-o carnival. i pray that the writers come up with something better next time. :pray:

lysie
Member Avatar

six
Aug 16 2009, 08:54 AM
I think the approaches to Daniel are in character for Abe and Lexie. Lexie has always let her emotions color her opinions about the facts (see her relationship with her paternal relatives), and Abe has always been by the book. He's not going to be swayed by Lexie's, or anyone else's feelings. The evidence points to Daniel, so it's Daniel. If Chloe wakes up tomorrow mumbling about Theo, Abe will have him at the station for booking within the hour. That might not make for the most harmonious marriage, but frankly, the only reason labe is still together is because the show doesn't want to hire two more black people as love interests for them. I don't understand why Abe is the mayor, instead of a cop, either. He's in the same role - yell at Bo to follow procedure, then disappear.
I would be fine with that if they would spend at least a little bit of time showing them dealing with the fact that they are on such opposite sides of the fence on so many things. Married people don't have to agree on all issues, obviously, but if they're purposefully going to show them disagreeing, devote the time to show the two of them dealing with it.

six
Member Avatar

I can see your point. I guess I'm not invested enough in labe's marriage to want to see them delve into their issues, though. Unless it was going to lead to the long overdue permanent divorce.

lysie
Member Avatar

six
Aug 17 2009, 10:30 AM
I can see your point. I guess I'm not invested enough in labe's marriage to want to see them delve into their issues, though. Unless it was going to lead to the long overdue permanent divorce.
Hmmm...I don't know how invested I am either, to tell you the truth. The continuity of it all just bugs me, lol. Really, the writing for both of them as a whole, particularly Lexie, bugs me and has bugged me for years.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

lysie
Aug 17 2009, 10:43 AM
six
Hmmm...I don't know how invested I am either, to tell you the truth. The continuity of it all just bugs me, lol. Really, the writing for both of them as a whole, particularly Lexie, bugs me and has bugged me for years.
I'm thankful that they dont waste time delving into their relationship but Lysie you do make a good point about Lexie looking all happy and Abe being all stern when it comes to Daniel. That scene just made me not like Lexie all the more AND Lexie is so stupid to even entertain the notion of administering that vial Dan gave her. Sure the label says leukocystine but he could have put lye in there for all she knows.

six
Member Avatar

lysie
Aug 17 2009, 10:43 AM
six
Yea Lexie has had loads of continuity issues over the years. Must be a Dimera thing, as EJ's gone through the same thing.

aimees76
Member Avatar

I just watched Friday's show last night and I don't have a lot to say about it that hasn't already been said. I didn't like how much was going on and how all over the place everyone seemed to be. It was too frantic and not like in a way when things are moving along. I don't know, it wasn't fun for me to watch.
And I continue to hate Stephanie more and more. Could the girl have just an ounce of compassion or empathy for ANYONE outside herself. For someone who is such a "good person" she sure is selfish. Ugh. I just realized, too, that the Melanie/Stephanie relationship is starting to really remind my of oldskool Carrie/Sami .... I don't like it. I'd rather watch Melanie crochet a tissue box cozy all day than watch her keep losing out to Princess Stephanie day in and day out. Blah.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply