Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Louise Sorel Interview
Topic Started: Aug 11 2009, 09:29 AM (1,258 Views)
RogerNewcomb
Member Avatar

Damon L. Jacobs had lunch with Louise last week and the end result is a very fascinating interview in which she talks about SANTA BARBARA, DAYS OF OUR LIVES, Paul Rauch and many other subjects.

The first two parts are now online.
http://www.welovesoaps.net/2009/08/interview-lunch-with-louise-sorel-part.html
http://www.welovesoaps.net/2009/08/interview-lunch-with-louise-sorel-part_11.html
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ana75
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting.

paul89

thanks

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Did she really say she would kill Sarah Palin??? :sheep:

koos

:wub: :hail:

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I'm dying to know how she justified Vivian burying someone alive when she had issues with a dead pigeon.

Thanks for posting!

RogerNewcomb
Member Avatar

In Part Three of Lunch with Louise Sorel, the actress shares her experience working on DAYS OF OUR LIVES, burying Carly alive, and a day in the life as a box of french fries.

http://www.welovesoaps.net/2009/08/interview-lunch-with-louise-sorel-part_12.html

Ellie

Great interview. I always felt that in the 90's, JER really 'got' Vivian as a character, and it seems from the interview that Louise felt that way as well. I think you can tell on a soap when a writer and actor are in sync and working together (even without meeting or talking) to move the character and the story along.

Unfortunately, though I'm sure Louise will do her best, I don't think there is even a chance of that same actor/writer relationship with the current writing team. The only actor and writer I think that's happened with even somewhat recently were Higley with Ari Zucker and with Drake Hogestyn, but of course Drake is not on the show anymore and Nicole as a character has changed, probably due to Tomlin/Whitesell's involvement. imo Tomlin and Whitesell do not have that same respect for any actor/character at all.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I don't even think JER "got" her at the end of his run. To me, Vivian went downhill the around the time Kristen got exposed and JER began winding down his stuff. In fact, the whole show was already going downhill.

It's interesting reading about the scene in which she rolled around in the dirt on Carly's grave. I figured that was all Louise because that scene was downright scary and I don't even think Days would've gone that far. That scene will forever go down as one of the best and most gripping in soap history IMO.

Great interview!

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Aug 12 2009, 11:55 PM
I don't even think JER "got" her at the end of his run. To me, Vivian went downhill the around the time Kristen got exposed and JER began winding down his stuff. In fact, the whole show was already going downhill.
That would be the cutting-off point for me as well - sorry if I wasn't clear about that. (Though we can go by the credits for official dates, I think unless anyone was at the writers meetings then or has knowledge of them, it's impossible to say exactly who wrote what during that transition period.) But either way, I agree with you that Vivian's character changed at that point.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ellie
Aug 13 2009, 12:02 AM
PhoenixRising05
Aug 12 2009, 11:55 PM
That would be the cutting-off point for me as well - sorry if I wasn't clear about that. (Though we can go by the credits for official dates, I think unless anyone was at the writers meetings then or has knowledge of them, it's impossible to say exactly who wrote what during that transition period.) But either way, I agree with you that Vivian's character changed at that point.
Well, considering it got really bad in summer 1997 (it had been on a slow downward trend since October 1996 for me) and JER's work officially did not end until October 1997 (which is well documented), I think we can blame him completely LOL. Plus, JER remained on as a story consultant until like January 1998 anyway to ease the transition, I believe.

There were rumors that he was trashing alot of stories at Days in his final months because of some falling out with Corday and/or Langan. There are also rumors that Corday and Langan were so angry that he was going to create his own soap that they began destroying his work. Who knows if any of those are true. I could see both but I do recall that it seemed Corday was angry and it was assumed he would never want JER back because he left Days to do Passions so I've always tended to lean toward Corday and/or Langan messing with the final few months of JER's work. That makes sense IMO.

RogerNewcomb
Member Avatar

Part Four:
http://www.welovesoaps.net/2009/08/interview-lunch-with-louise-sorel-part_14.html

How does a strong, dedicated, and opinionated actress come back to the show that fired her eight years earlier? Read on in Part Four of lunch with Louise Sorel to find out!

lastDays
Member Avatar

JANALH
Aug 11 2009, 02:34 PM
I really don't like it when actors express their political views.I don't care about them.I'd rather hear about their next project,or character. :drunk: I have a bad feeling about Vivian and carly under the current regime.Don't expect them to be as good as they once were. The word "boring" comes to mind

Harmony233

lastDays
Aug 14 2009, 09:00 AM
JANALH
I really don't like it when actors express their political views.I don't care about them.I'd rather hear about their next project,or character. :drunk: I have a bad feeling about Vivian and carly under the current regime.Don't expect them to be as good as they once were. The word "boring" comes to mind
Do you think they will suddenly be friendly or something?

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Harmony233
Aug 14 2009, 10:32 AM
lastDays
Aug 14 2009, 09:00 AM
JANALH
Do you think they will suddenly be friendly or something?
I'm not trying to speak for lastdays, but I think maybe what they meant was under this current writing team, we may be disappointed with how they interpret Viv & Carly....I don't hold out much hope myself, they've managed to turn my favorite characters in to big idiots!!

Overall, though, I am looking forward to Auntie Viv's return (and Carly, Lawerence) I enjoyed them all first go around.

P.S. I agree lastdays, I really don't like when actors try to become all political, especially when the article has nothing to do with politics. I was just really taken aback by how strong a statement she made, I think it crossed the line. JMO.

RogerNewcomb
Member Avatar

I don't really like hearing political commentary at a music show for example because I paid to hear the music. But our interviews are about getting to know the actors more than promoting the latest spoilers or a current storyline. And Louise is very political and very active in a number of charities and that's just part of her personality if you've ever heard her do interviews.

RogerNewcomb
Member Avatar

Final part
http://www.welovesoaps.net/2009/08/interview-lunch-with-louise-sorel-part_15.html

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply