Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Rafe Gets a Clue!; August 25th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Aug 12 2009, 11:18 AM (4,811 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

This week's SOD features a short interview with Galen Gering.

Gering explains to SOD that Rafe continues to investigate Grace's death, because Rafe wants to find the connection between Grace, Sami, Dr. Baker and Nicole. Rafe goes to the clinic where Grace and Sydney were born. The clinic is now closed, but Rafe goes into the office of the clinic and sees a computer. He tries to log on to the computer, but he doesn't have the password.

Rafe then looks in the desk drawer and sees pamphlets about the Dominican Republic and gambling. Then, a nurse who used to work at the clinic arrives. Gering explains, "[Rafe] has arranged, through a blog, to meet her. She has the password to the computer, and lo and behold, all the files that were in there have been deleted, at least the ones to do with Nicole DiMera." The article continues that all that remains in the computer are "codes", and the nurse can discern from the codes that there was some sort of problem with Nicole's baby.

Rafe shows the nurse Nicole's photo, but the nurse does not recognize Nicole. However, the nurse does recognize Sami and EJ. Gering says that this "confirms for [Rafe] that someone is trying to cover something up". Rafe decides to go to the Dominican Republic...

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

i find it pretty funny that this idiot wouldn't take two seconds to explain to sami what happened to emily, but he'll spend all this time and brain power snooping on ej, sami and nicole and their children's births. what an asshat.

thanks for posting!
Edited by luvpumpkns, Aug 12 2009, 11:24 AM.

mbdimera
Member Avatar

The title of this article is almost as funny as the recent spoiler about Chloe having brain activity.

Why would the nurse not recognize Nicole? She was there twice, maybe more to harass Dr. Baker. Sami and EJ were only there once. Dumb.

Quote:

Rafe decides to go to the Dominican Republic

Can he stay there? Pretty please?

Thanks Ellie. :)

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Hmmm...Rafe is going on a trip?? Out of Salem??

If only it would be permanant. <sigh>

Oops! Forgot to add: Thanks for posting, Ellie! :)
Edited by SocRMum1, Aug 12 2009, 11:28 AM.

mirabella

Thanks for posting. I am so looking forward to watching Rafe solve the baby switch mystery. He is on the trail now!

samixxx
Member Avatar

mirabella
Aug 12 2009, 11:30 AM
Thanks for posting. I am so looking forward to watching Rafe solve the baby switch mystery. He is on the trail now!
Me too! Sami should go investigate with him to watch his back. ;)

Thanks for posting.

mer4santo
Member Avatar
whaaaaaat?

Those should be some mind blowing scenes....not. I suppose that if Rafe resolves the neverending baby switch I might change my mind about him. Until then....

tfp.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

samixxx
Aug 12 2009, 11:42 AM
Me too! Sami should go investigate with him to watch his back.

exactly. sami is the one who should be interested in investigating all this, not rafe. i know he's somehow convinced himself that grace is his daughter, but she isn't. perhaps he lets sami in on what he is doing, and in that case, i don't have a problem with it. otherwise, he needs to butt out, lest he appear more of an obsessive psycho than he already seems to be.

LiZa
Member Avatar

luvpumpkns
Aug 12 2009, 11:23 AM
i find it pretty funny that this idiot wouldn't take two seconds to explain to sami what happened to emily, but he'll spend all this time and brain power snooping on ej, sami and nicole and their children's births. what an asshat.

thanks for posting!
Lol, that is what i've been thinking. Just rat out is sister already. Maybe if we gave him a couple of Scooby Snacks, he'll talk.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Thanks Ellie!

I really think someone at DOOL reads the fan comments. The title of that article is too telling.

I think it is a mistake to not have EJ or Sami digging into this whole Nicole mystery. Both of them know good and well it is highly suspicious that Nicole has been so grief-stricken about Grace. I would almost think Nicole was her mother rather than Sami. I haven't seen Nicole boinking non-stop since Grace died...just sayin'.

Could Tomlin be anymore transparent? The only thing that is unclear to me is why he waited so long for Brady to have a real storyline. Clearly EM is popular with most viewers and can at least feign emotion. So why the overKILL with GG? And I do mean kill!

Please let the DM swallow the idiot.

samixxx
Member Avatar

luvpumpkns
Aug 12 2009, 11:51 AM
samixxx
Aug 12 2009, 11:42 AM
Me too! Sami should go investigate with him to watch his back.

exactly. sami is the one who should be interested in investigating all this, not rafe. i know he's somehow convinced himself that grace is his daughter, but she isn't. perhaps he lets sami in on what he is doing, and in that case, i don't have a problem with it. otherwise, he needs to butt out, lest he appear more of an obsessive psycho than he already seems to be.
I for one am very happy that Rafe is putting the clues together of what he has seen and heard, if we waited for others the switch could go on and on and on. Rafe was a father to Grace in every sense I find important caring, loving, nurturing etc. Rafe an "Obsessive psycho" nah don't see that at all.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

it's obsessive and weird to be investigating the death of a child when a) she died in a hospital of documented meningitis, b) you had no relation to her whatsoever, and c) her biological parents have accepted her death and moved on as best they can.

i have to wonder how great of a guy rafe is for sami when he keeps stirring up this kind of shit. i mean, yes, we all know that nicole has sami's real baby, but rafe doesn't know that, or know that anything untoward happened. he's just suspicious because nicole was upset over grace dying. the fact that he has never once discussed this with sami, but is hell-bent on digging into it is odd. what makes it a bit psychotic is that he gets all angry and bristly when someone (god forbid) questions him about his past, but if it has to do with sami, he thinks he has carte blanche to pry and sneak around all he wants. for all he knows, there IS a connction between nicole, sami and dr. baker, but it could totally be innocuous. rafe wouldn't know because he has never once talked to sami about it.

like i said, if sami is involved, that is one thing, but it sounds from this article as if rafe is investigating this on his own without her knowledge. and that to me is questionable.
Edited by luvpumpkns, Aug 12 2009, 12:20 PM.

Nicole Walker

Rafe is not obsessive and he's not weird. AT least he has a brain and knows that something isn't right about Nicole greiving so much for Grace. He's a cop it's what he does and i'm glad he's investigating cause he will finally let the truth be known about Sydney and end this nightmare. And why would he involve Sami when he doesn't have all the details or even know exactly what Nicole is hiding, Rafe is the kind of guy that's gonna have his facts before he tells Sami anything. I am not mad at Rafe for getting a clue, it beats being duped by a woman who faked her pregnancy. And if you guys listen to Rafe talk about Emily with Arianna or maybe to himself you'd know that he's trying to protect someone, it's in his nature to protect it's part of who Rafe is, it has nothing to do with being a jerk and not just telling Sami there is so much more to the story as Nicole said.
Edited by Nicole Walker, Aug 12 2009, 12:34 PM.

samixxx
Member Avatar

I don't see it as odd at all. Rafe has seen and heard things that peak an instinct. Babies born same day, Dr. Baker involved with Sami and Nicole, Nicole's reaction at Grace's grave. He only has suspicions now why burden Sami over something that could be nothing. Who knows when or how Rafe will tell Sami, have to wait and see it play.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

i'm fully aware that rafe is protecting his sister and that's why he won't tell sami what is going on. i guess he is going to go through the rest of his life unable to forge a relationship with any woman, because as soon as they find out about emily and her accident, rafe will clam up and refuse to just admit to the fact that his sister was a drug dealer and that emily found out about it. the sad thing is is that he doesn't even have to tell the whole story. simply saying that his sister got in some trouble a few years back, he hid it from the FBI, emily found out about it, etc, etc, would suffice. instead, he makes the whole thing this big scary 'you can never know the truth' secret. on the other hand, he thinks he has the perfect right to pry into sami, nicole and ej's lives, even though he flies off the handle when sami questions him about a car accident in which someone was freaking killed. what about that makes sense? what about that makes rafe anything more than a flagrant hypocrite?

so yeah, it irritates me that he gets all sactimonious and angry when someone questions him about his involvement in a death, but he thinks he's obligated to dig into nicole and sami's past with dr. baker just because he's suspicious. what makes this all even more ridiculous is that his 'cop insinct' goes off at the idea of nicole grieving for grace, yet he can't see that his own beloved sister is running cocaine and god knows what else through the pub.
Edited by luvpumpkns, Aug 12 2009, 12:52 PM.

Dr. Chip

Wow, the technology on DAYS is amazing. I work in a medical clinic, and it's not so easy to just delete medical records out of the computer system.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

luvpumpkns
Aug 12 2009, 12:51 PM
i'm fully aware that rafe is protecting his sister and that's why he won't tell sami what is going on. i guess he is going to go through the rest of his life unable to forge a relationship with any woman, because as soon as they find out about emily and her accident, rafe will clam up and refuse to just admit to the fact that his sister was a drug dealer and that emily found out about it. the sad thing is is that he doesn't even have to tell the whole story. simply saying that his sister got in some trouble a few years back, he hid it from the FBI, emily found out about it, etc, etc, would suffice. instead, he makes the whole thing this big scary 'you can never know the truth' secret. on the other hand, he thinks he has the perfect right to pry into sami, nicole and ej's lives, even though he flies off the handle when sami questions him about a car accident in which someone was freaking killed. what about that makes sense? what about that makes rafe anything more than a flagrant hypocrite?

so yeah, it irritates me that he gets all sactimonious and angry when someone questions him about his involvement in a death, but he thinks he's obligated to dig into nicole and sami's past with dr. baker just because he's suspicious. what makes this all even more ridiculous is that his 'cop insinct' goes off at the idea of nicole grieving for grace, yet he can't see that his own beloved sister is running cocaine and god knows what else through the pub.
Excellent, excellent posts from you on this. :hail:

Rafe's *cough* heroic *cough* tendencies really don't hold up to the light of day given that every time he's under the least bit of pressure he heads for the hills.

And this isn't the first time he's appointed himself the task of digging around in Sami's life without mentioning it to her. Remember when he played cable guy at the DiMera mansion while Sami was in WP? And later, said nothing when EJ and everyone else came away with the impression that he did that because Sami asked him to? Sami wasn't even aware he was going to do it - but he had no problem hiding behind her when it hit the fan. :eyeroll:

What a guy... :huh:

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Days is amazing. They not only delete medical records, they delete conception dates, make smart guys stupid, all women weak and silly, kill off babies and move right on to 24/7 sexing, showcase actors with no discernable talent and have characters disappear with no explanation whatsoever. Good writing is anathema at DOOL. Someone at this show must be into magic...wait make that witchcraft. Tomlin when are the speech bubbles going to start?

And the show is rapidly moving into a critical do or die period? Get the obits ready!

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

pspcindy
Aug 12 2009, 01:12 PM
Good writing is anathema at DOOL.

ain't it the truth. that's part of the reason i am so furious about all this. of all the people that could and should be putting the pieces together when it comes to the babyswitch(mia, brady, ej, sami) the show chooses......rafe. WTF!!!!
Edited by luvpumpkns, Aug 12 2009, 01:46 PM.

jane1978

pspcindy
Aug 12 2009, 01:12 PM
Days is amazing. They not only delete medical records, they delete conception dates, make smart guys stupid, all women weak and silly, kill off babies and move right on to 24/7 sexing, showcase actors with no discernable talent and have characters disappear with no explanation whatsoever. Good writing is anathema at DOOL. Someone at this show must be into magic...wait make that witchcraft. Tomlin when are the speech bubbles going to start?

And the show is rapidly moving into a critical do or die period? Get the obits ready!
I think you are nitpicking here. This is the same alternative reality all hollywood movies and tv shows lives in. Besides, doctor Baker owned the clinic. He had the access codes to the computer and all the data inside so itīs not at all far fetched that he wiped everything out before he left.

As for the investigation, I like it. I even thing the writng is clever because as with the Daniel case, nothing is forgotten and we actually see Rafe really picking up the clues and slowly piecing it all together.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply