Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Rafe Gets a Clue!; August 25th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Aug 12 2009, 11:18 AM (4,820 Views)
six
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Aug 12 2009, 01:07 PM
luvpumpkns
Aug 12 2009, 12:51 PM
i'm fully aware that rafe is protecting his sister and that's why he won't tell sami what is going on. i guess he is going to go through the rest of his life unable to forge a relationship with any woman, because as soon as they find out about emily and her accident, rafe will clam up and refuse to just admit to the fact that his sister was a drug dealer and that emily found out about it. the sad thing is is that he doesn't even have to tell the whole story. simply saying that his sister got in some trouble a few years back, he hid it from the FBI, emily found out about it, etc, etc, would suffice. instead, he makes the whole thing this big scary 'you can never know the truth' secret. on the other hand, he thinks he has the perfect right to pry into sami, nicole and ej's lives, even though he flies off the handle when sami questions him about a car accident in which someone was freaking killed. what about that makes sense? what about that makes rafe anything more than a flagrant hypocrite?

so yeah, it irritates me that he gets all sactimonious and angry when someone questions him about his involvement in a death, but he thinks he's obligated to dig into nicole and sami's past with dr. baker just because he's suspicious. what makes this all even more ridiculous is that his 'cop insinct' goes off at the idea of nicole grieving for grace, yet he can't see that his own beloved sister is running cocaine and god knows what else through the pub.
Excellent, excellent posts from you on this. :hail:

I totally agree. You've been hitting the nail on the head in this thread, luvpumpkns.

The only good reason I could see for Rafe to be the one to put things together is if he's going to keep it quiet. Why do we have Chad etc. if Rafe is going to be the one who figures it all out, and tells everyone the truth?

Thanks for posting, Ellie.
Edited by six, Aug 12 2009, 02:02 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

six
Aug 12 2009, 01:59 PM
SocRMum1
Aug 12 2009, 01:07 PM
luvpumpkns
i'm fully aware that rafe is protecting his sister and that's why he won't tell sami what is going on. i guess he is going to go through the rest of his life unable to forge a relationship with any woman, because as soon as they find out about emily and her accident, rafe will clam up and refuse to just admit to the fact that his sister was a drug dealer and that emily found out about it. the sad thing is is that he doesn't even have to tell the whole story. simply saying that his sister got in some trouble a few years back, he hid it from the FBI, emily found out about it, etc, etc, would suffice. instead, he makes the whole thing this big scary 'you can never know the truth' secret. on the other hand, he thinks he has the perfect right to pry into sami, nicole and ej's lives, even though he flies off the handle when sami questions him about a car accident in which someone was freaking killed. what about that makes sense? what about that makes rafe anything more than a flagrant hypocrite?

so yeah, it irritates me that he gets all sactimonious and angry when someone questions him about his involvement in a death, but he thinks he's obligated to dig into nicole and sami's past with dr. baker just because he's suspicious. what makes this all even more ridiculous is that his 'cop insinct' goes off at the idea of nicole grieving for grace, yet he can't see that his own beloved sister is running cocaine and god knows what else through the pub.
Excellent, excellent posts from you on this. :hail:

I totally agree. You've been hitting the nail on the head in this thread, luvpumpkns.

The only good reason I could see for Rafe to be the one to put things together is if he's going to keep it quiet. Why do we have Chad etc. if Rafe is going to be the one who figures it all out, and tells everyone the truth?

Thanks for posting, Ellie.
I'm with y'all, Rafe is borderline psycho and not even good at that!! :P I just wish tptb would hurry up and finish this story it has already become a hot mess. I'm not sure any of us are going to care by the time it's over. It really bugs me that neither EJ nor Sami seem to be buying a clue in all this and that is totally out of their character (not that anyone is written in character anymore). And Rafe trying to hide his past.......I can't even make myself care as to what his past holds. I just can't hold any interest in the character.

Manda1

I have read a lot of posts about 'I wish the baby switch storyline would end already'...and now we have the beginning of the end with Rafe doing some investigating and there are complaints that he shouldn't be interfering. If not Rafe then who?

Nicole has had a million opportunities to confess and she ain't doing it - also she can't do it now as Stephano would punish her...
EJ is a twit. Nicole not only acted really suspiciously but got that rubber belly past EJ for 6 months. He's too busy thinking about Sami/Grace..and things he cannot change.
Brady is trying to keep the secret
Mia wants to keep the secret
Dr Baker wants to milk it for all its worth
Sami has no clue and is grieving over the loss of Grace and now Rafe
Lucas has his hands full with a wife in a coma and thinks the Ejami baby died when Grace died and he's seen no suspicious behaviour from Nicole...
Chloe 'knows' everything but she's in a coma until further notice

On the other hand:
Rafe has seen Nicole grieve over Grace by going back to the hospital
Rafe has seen Nicole mourning at Grace's grave
Rafe Knows that Nicole has not been honest about how she knows Mia
Rafe knows that Mia and Brady are connected and Brady and Nicole have history
Rafe knows that Mia interupted the Ejole wedding
Rafe knows that Dr Baker didn't want to know why Rafe wanted him to keep Sami's secret...and he actually said...'Why am I worried?'
Rafe knows that when Grace was in hospital, someone had been in there saying they were Grace's mother
Rafe can't get a sensible explanation out of Nicole when he asks her why she continues to be upset about Grace
Rafe knows that Mia isn't a virgin [conversation with Will]

Rafe worked for the FBI and being alert to stuff that doesn't add-up or make sense is what he did as a career and from what they have mentioned was top of his class - therefore good at it. So investigating is natural and asking twenty questions is natural. Rafe often apologises for being like that with Will. If you watch carefully Roman does the same thing if you reflect on the scenes with him and Sami when she was telling him that she had adopted Grace it was question after question, info on Meredith, questions etc. They are all cops.

This is an extremely tangled deception as only 2 people now have the whole up to date story and that is Nicole and Stephano - even Doc Baker won't know that Grace is dead yet, and the others mentioned above only have missing pieces of the puzzle. And I am not sure if even Nicole has the whole story....

No one has as much clues as Rafe. EJ interestingly started to investigate Doc Baker and stopped, has seen Nicole upset over Grace and disappearing, has been suspicious of Mia, Brady hanging around and he has not got a clue! So rather than wait on him continue to go from rant to suspicion and not follow through :sleep: - I say go Rafe and move this storyline along please! :jedi:

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

PLEASE let Rafe know the truth so this god awful baby switch sl can be over.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Even if Rafe finds out the truth there is no guarantee the baby story is closer to it's end. What if he chooses to hide what he finds out from Sami?

six
Member Avatar

I'm not against Rafe, or anyone else, being the one solve the story, and reunite Syd with Sami, but of all the players, he's an odd choice, and as someone else said, that long list of people who haven't figured various things out is happening because they're being written out of character. Taking EJ for example, this man ran circles around Salem, and outsmarted everyone, but he doesn't realize his 'pregnant' fiancee is "with rubber" instead of with child? No one is that stupid. Nicole tried to threaten Mia into keeping quiet by telling her she'd go to jail for selling Sydney, and she wasn't buying it, then suddenly she changed her mind again. There's no good reason why Rafe is the only person with a bit of common sense in this story. Except to prop him, of course.
Edited by six, Aug 12 2009, 02:43 PM.

mbdimera
Member Avatar

Even if Rafe finds out all or even part of the baby scam, Stefano will get wind of his snooping and make Rafe his bitch. And the story will continue on....... :drunk:

Everyone will have a piece to the puzzle except EJ and Sami. They'll be the only ones left completely in the dark.

Manda1

SocRMum1
Aug 12 2009, 02:31 PM
Even if Rafe finds out the truth there is no guarantee the baby story is closer to it's end. What if he chooses to hide what he finds out from Sami?
Rafe has already broken things off with Sami. What would he gain by hiding the truth from her? He also protected Sydney whilst Sami and he were in the safe house it was her he was feeling kicking all the time and when he was protecting Sami whilst pregnant it was actually Sydney and not Grace he was guarding.... Right now he would gain nothing from keeping it from Sami who he knows could only be made happy with the realisation that her baby is actually alive! If what Rafe feels for her is real love he won't hide it.... I can only see him keeping quiet if he only get fragments of the truth because he won't want to say anything to Sami that might be true and just break her heart if he is mistaken - no way.

I think he may be 'forced' by Sami to tell him what he knows and then she can add that she didn't know that EJ was at the clinic that day and that Baker took the baby away straight after she was born...more pieces to the puzzle.

This is going to be exposed somehow and a confession from Nicole or Stephano is not likely with Stephano back to messing with genetic tests soon...

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

six
Aug 12 2009, 02:43 PM
I'm not against Rafe, or anyone else, being the one solve the story, and reunite Syd with Sami, but of all the players, he's an odd choice, and as someone else said, that long list of people who haven't figured various things out is happening because they're being written out of character. Taking EJ for example, this man ran circles around Salem, and outsmarted everyone, but he doesn't realize his 'pregnant' fiancee is "with rubber" instead of with child? No one is that stupid. Nicole tried to threaten Mia into keeping quiet by telling her she'd go to jail for selling Sydney, and she wasn't buying it, then suddenly she changed her mind again. There's no good reason why Rafe is the only person with a bit of common sense in this story. Except to prop him, of course.
agreed. it's just silly to me that this show has invented umpteen ways for nicole to be outed in the past six months, but instead of using one of them, the characters with a vested interest in all this are dumbed down to make rafe the hero. i don't like that. it's not that i don't want the baby switch to be revealed, because i do, but for me, it would be far more satisfying to see ej and sami figure this out. maybe even mia. i'd have loved to see chloe and brady put their heads together and combine the information each of them knew. anything like that involving the people directly involved in this storyline so far would have been suitable. instead, TPTB decides to involve rafe who has no freaking connection to any of this whatsoever except for the fact that in his addled brain, he feels like he's grace's real father.

i just don't see what kind of satisfaction the audience is supposed to get out of rafe finding out the truth, especially considering what a total asshole he has been about sami asking for info on his own mysterious background.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

hehehe! that title still makes me laugh. Thanks Ellie.

mirabella

luvpumpkns

I don't for one minute think that Rafe's sister is running drugs from the Brady Pub so there is nothing for him to figure out there. I think he knows exactly what Ari is doing and it is not being a drug dealer. I think she is DEA, FBI, or some other kind of law enforcement person who is undercover. I believe that Rafe knows this and it had something to do with what happened to Emily. Rafe is protecting Ari and probably himself. Maybe Ari's life, and possibly his and Sami's, is in danger if any of their secret was told.

The only thing we can do is wait and see what happens with all of this.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mirabella

Manda1
Aug 12 2009, 02:19 PM
I have read a lot of posts about 'I wish the baby switch storyline would end already'...and now we have the beginning of the end with Rafe doing some investigating and there are complaints that he shouldn't be interfering. If not Rafe then who?

Nicole has had a million opportunities to confess and she ain't doing it - also she can't do it now as Stephano would punish her...
EJ is a twit. Nicole not only acted really suspiciously but got that rubber belly past EJ for 6 months. He's too busy thinking about Sami/Grace..and things he cannot change.
Brady is trying to keep the secret
Mia wants to keep the secret
Dr Baker wants to milk it for all its worth
Sami has no clue and is grieving over the loss of Grace and now Rafe
Lucas has his hands full with a wife in a coma and thinks the Ejami baby died when Grace died and he's seen no suspicious behaviour from Nicole...
Chloe 'knows' everything but she's in a coma until further notice

On the other hand:
Rafe has seen Nicole grieve over Grace by going back to the hospital
Rafe has seen Nicole mourning at Grace's grave
Rafe Knows that Nicole has not been honest about how she knows Mia
Rafe knows that Mia and Brady are connected and Brady and Nicole have history
Rafe knows that Mia interupted the Ejole wedding
Rafe knows that Dr Baker didn't want to know why Rafe wanted him to keep Sami's secret...and he actually said...'Why am I worried?'
Rafe knows that when Grace was in hospital, someone had been in there saying they were Grace's mother
Rafe can't get a sensible explanation out of Nicole when he asks her why she continues to be upset about Grace
Rafe knows that Mia isn't a virgin [conversation with Will]

Rafe worked for the FBI and being alert to stuff that doesn't add-up or make sense is what he did as a career and from what they have mentioned was top of his class - therefore good at it. So investigating is natural and asking twenty questions is natural. Rafe often apologises for being like that with Will. If you watch carefully Roman does the same thing if you reflect on the scenes with him and Sami when she was telling him that she had adopted Grace it was question after question, info on Meredith, questions etc. They are all cops.

This is an extremely tangled deception as only 2 people now have the whole up to date story and that is Nicole and Stephano - even Doc Baker won't know that Grace is dead yet, and the others mentioned above only have missing pieces of the puzzle. And I am not sure if even Nicole has the whole story....

No one has as much clues as Rafe. EJ interestingly started to investigate Doc Baker and stopped, has seen Nicole upset over Grace and disappearing, has been suspicious of Mia, Brady hanging around and he has not got a clue! So rather than wait on him continue to go from rant to suspicion and not follow through :sleep: - I say go Rafe and move this storyline along please! :jedi:
Excellent points! Who better than Rafe to figure this all out? You are so right about that.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

mirabella
Aug 12 2009, 05:05 PM
Rafe is protecting Ari and probably himself.
Well...that's very noble and all...but it sure didn't work out too well for Emily.

So...maybe Rafe should focus less on digging around in Sami's life and more on taking care of what he needs to in his own so his new 'love' doesn't meet the same fate as his last one. I mean...if he chooses protecting himself and his sister over the women he loves he ought to do them all a favor and get the heck out of Dodge.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Am I missing something? Why TF is Rafe going to the Dominican Republic? Is he just going to show up at the airport and start walking? What is there anyways?

It is sad that Rafe is doing all of this instead of EJ.

Everyone is making an excellent point with pro-Rafe vs. anti-Rafe discovering it, but I think that it would be an awesome story for EJ to find the clues, figure it out and start mentally torturing everyone until they break. THAT is the EJ we know.

They are turning EJ into Lucas...a yelling dumbass idiot who knows something is up but is too stupid to figure out the obvious.

And yes, I think that Rafe needs to just mind his own damn business, and stop snooping in Sami's life if he can't tell her about his. Hypocrite!

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

mirabella
I don't for one minute think that Rafe's sister is running drugs from the Brady Pub so there is nothing for him to figure out there. I think he knows exactly what Ari is doing and it is not being a drug dealer. I think she is DEA, FBI, or some other kind of law enforcement person who is undercover. I believe that Rafe knows this and it had something to do with what happened to Emily. Rafe is protecting Ari and probably himself. Maybe Ari's life, and possibly his and Sami's, is in danger if any of their secret was told.

i know for a fact that the shipment she got the other day was cocaine, as i was reading something on the nbc website about the episode, and they mentioned the drugs she got specifically as being cocaine. we also know that emily found out some secret that could have 'destroyed' rafe's career. based on his and arianna's conversation yesterday, she clearly played some role(however minor) in what happened to emily. i don't think her being a narcotics officer would either destroy rafe's career or lead emily to confront him about a secret like that that on their wedding day. the storyline thus far doesn't support the idea that arianna is on the up-and-up, especially since she acts so guilty around brady.

of course, i suppose the big secret could be totally unrelated to arianna and her drug trafficking, but the way arianna and rafe were talking yesterday, she was very much involved in whatever huge secret rafe was keeping from emily. to me it seems clear that this is all related to her recent drug activity. plus i keep hoping they'll actually make this character interesting, and the drug thing helps a little in that department. color me disappointed if she turns out to be another cop in disguise.
Edited by luvpumpkns, Aug 12 2009, 06:57 PM.

Ljay
Member Avatar

Rafe decides to go to the Dominican Republic... OMG, and can someone tell me why hes putting all of this on his self, did he just walk out and leave Sami,breaking up with her? This guy cant get his shit together,if he's staying to protect Sami because he loves her then why in the hell is he moving out of her place. Rafe i dont know about you (Like everyone else, lol) But Guy? You are really confusing.......

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Alligato
Aug 12 2009, 06:13 PM
Am I missing something? Why TF is Rafe going to the Dominican Republic? Is he just going to show up at the airport and start walking? What is there anyways?

It is sad that Rafe is doing all of this instead of EJ.

Everyone is making an excellent point with pro-Rafe vs. anti-Rafe discovering it, but I think that it would be an awesome story for EJ to find the clues, figure it out and start mentally torturing everyone until they break. THAT is the EJ we know.

They are turning EJ into Lucas...a yelling dumbass idiot who knows something is up but is too stupid to figure out the obvious.

And yes, I think that Rafe needs to just mind his own damn business, and stop snooping in Sami's life if he can't tell her about his. Hypocrite!
I have to agree with you here, Alligato. I don't know if I necessarily want EJ to "torture" everyone with the info, but the Ej we know would sure as heck figure all this out before anyone else!!

As far as Rafe figuring everything out first, I think its a lame way to wrap up the story. EJ and Sami are way too smart of characters (when actually written IN character) to be the last ones to figure this out.

michelle
Member Avatar

Sadly, I think Ari is going to turn out to be an undercover agent as well and is smack dab in the middle of helping the FBI uncover the biggest (and longest) drug bust in Salem history. I think that is the real reason she and Rafe had no contact as to not blow her cover or his.

Emily must have found out about Ari "dealing drugs" on her wedding day and instead of Rafe just telling her the truth, they get into a huge fight and then the accident, while driving. Rafe, the asshat, probably felt if he would have just admitted that they were undercover, she would still be alive today.

Oh if ony Em was alive today and could save us from this SAFE coupling from hell.

mirabella

luvpumpkns
Aug 12 2009, 06:57 PM
mirabella

i know for a fact that the shipment she got the other day was cocaine, as i was reading something on the nbc website about the episode, and they mentioned the drugs she got specifically as being cocaine. we also know that emily found out some secret that could have 'destroyed' rafe's career. based on his and arianna's conversation yesterday, she clearly played some role(however minor) in what happened to emily. i don't think her being a narcotics officer would either destroy rafe's career or lead emily to confront him about a secret like that that on their wedding day. the storyline thus far doesn't support the idea that arianna is on the up-and-up, especially since she acts so guilty around brady.

of course, i suppose the big secret could be totally unrelated to arianna and her drug trafficking, but the way arianna and rafe were talking yesterday, she was very much involved in whatever huge secret rafe was keeping from emily. to me it seems clear that this is all related to her recent drug activity. plus i keep hoping they'll actually make this character interesting, and the drug thing helps a little in that department. color me disappointed if she turns out to be another cop in disguise.
I understand what you are saying and what we are seeing on screen right now, but I don't think everything is as it seems and that when all is revealed, it will be much different than it looks at the moment. I will just wait and watch and see what actually plays out with this storyline.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Sounds good. Thanks for posting.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply