Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Rafe Gets a Clue!; August 25th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Aug 12 2009, 11:18 AM (4,870 Views)
lazydazes
Member Avatar

I don't care who discovers the truth, Rafe, Pookie, etc. It's just time for the story to be over with. IMO, the show should have ended the baby switch story around the time that EJ/Nicole were tying the knot. AZ, AS, JS, and GG have been languishing in this storyline for far too long. The truth needs to come out pronto so all the characters can move on to a storyline worth their time. If the writers weren't trying to sit in the middle of the fence and string all the fan bases along, we could be watching far more interesting stories. I say move away from it. Sydney needs to be with her rightful parents, Nicole deserves/needs to find a man who really loves her unconditionally, and finally either go with Ejami or just forget about it. I'm not an Ejami fan and never will be. I'd much rather watch Sami with someone else other than EJ. But, if it means the end of the "will they/won't they" saga, I am all for them putting those two together. Geez. Enough already. The Ejami story has pretty much polarized the show for three years or more. Let it go and just do it. Because if they are all that, they don't need anyone else to "stand between" them to make them interesting. As for Rafe, I like Rafe. I think he's just getting a bum rap because he is standing between EJ/Sami. It would probably be in Rafe's best interest not to get sucked into the endless saga of Ejami. Why not try Rafe/Nicole? Nicole needs a good man to care about her since she's never had that. I was holding out for Brady/Nicole. But, it seems that the scribes are dedicated to making Brady/Arianna a viable pair. In a nut shell, it's time for everybody to move on.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Manda1

lazydazes
Aug 16 2009, 09:31 AM
I don't care who discovers the truth, Rafe, Pookie, etc. It's just time for the story to be over with. IMO, the show should have ended the baby switch story around the time that EJ/Nicole were tying the knot. AZ, AS, JS, and GG have been languishing in this storyline for far too long. The truth needs to come out pronto so all the characters can move on to a storyline worth their time. If the writers weren't trying to sit in the middle of the fence and string all the fan bases along, we could be watching far more interesting stories. I say move away from it. Sydney needs to be with her rightful parents, Nicole deserves/needs to find a man who really loves her unconditionally, and finally either go with Ejami or just forget about it. I'm not an Ejami fan and never will be. I'd much rather watch Sami with someone else other than EJ. But, if it means the end of the "will they/won't they" saga, I am all for them putting those two together. Geez. Enough already. The Ejami story has pretty much polarized the show for three years or more. Let it go and just do it. Because if they are all that, they don't need anyone else to "stand between" them to make them interesting. As for Rafe, I like Rafe. I think he's just getting a bum rap because he is standing between EJ/Sami. It would probably be in Rafe's best interest not to get sucked into the endless saga of Ejami. Why not try Rafe/Nicole? Nicole needs a good man to care about her since she's never had that. I was holding out for Brady/Nicole. But, it seems that the scribes are dedicated to making Brady/Arianna a viable pair. In a nut shell, it's time for everybody to move on.
Sami deserves a good man and she's found one in Rafe. Why should Nicole get him? Nicole is married to EJ presently and the writers can have them get past the differences they will have when the baby switch comes out. If it wasn't for Nicole EJ would never have even held Sydney much left had her living in his house :lol:

At least Nicole seems to love EJ, Sami treats EJ like poop on her shoe and it is not interesting to watch it makes EJ look pathetic, and you cannot have a pathetic villian IMO. I say leave it as it is and please don't put Sami backwards into marriages that have already fizzled out and died. She got married to EJ in black didn't she? Yeah so they had the funeral at the same time as the wedding leave it buried please.

daisy132

Manda1
Aug 16 2009, 10:02 AM
lazydazes
Aug 16 2009, 09:31 AM
Sami deserves a good man and she's found one in Rafe. Why should Nicole get him? Nicole is married to EJ presently and the writers can have them get past the differences they will have when the baby switch comes out. If it wasn't for Nicole EJ would never have even held Sydney much left had her living in his house :lol:

At least Nicole seems to love EJ, Sami treats EJ like poop on her shoe and it is not interesting to watch it makes EJ look pathetic, and you cannot have a pathetic villian IMO. I say leave it as it is and please don't put Sami backwards into marriages that have already fizzled out and died. She got married to EJ in black didn't she? Yeah so they had the funeral at the same time as the wedding leave it buried please.
It just comes down to what people want to watch. Nicole may love EJ, but EJ doesn't really love her. Rafe might be a good man for Sami, but except for their die hard fans they don't interest the audience. Ejamis have stopped watching, Lumis have stopped watching, and frankly none of us that have care that the actors enjoy doing scenes together. We watch the show for the things we enjoy, and they get well paid to deliver.

EJ is not a true villain, which is why he can look pathetic at times. He is no more of a villain than Phillip is. And both boys are romantic leads. Ejole has had its run, it's like watching an old married couple that has lost its spark. Safe.... well the ratings speak for themselves - just look at the ones in May on their special day. And at the last couple of weeks during the non-mysterious "secret"storyline.
Edited by daisy132, Aug 16 2009, 10:45 AM.

lazydazes
Member Avatar

It all goes down to what I said earlier. It just needs to be over. Who wants to watch another year of DAYS with the show not really committing to any of the pairings? Not me. I don't care what duo you're rooting for rather it be Ejami, Ejole, Safe, or Lumi. Every fan base is in the same boat. They're getting nothing but crumbs tossed their way occasionally. A look, a whisper, etc. These pairings need the whole deal. I don't care what the bigwigs think. Soaps didn't start tanking until they got rid of the true, solidified couplings like Bope, Steve/Kayla, John/Marlena, etc. It was only when these triangles started exploding all over the soap canvas that soaps begin to struggle and fail. Fans can surely disagree on who they think should be paired with whom. But, none of the fanbases are truly getting what they want and deserve.

daisy132

lazydazes
Aug 16 2009, 01:58 PM
It all goes down to what I said earlier. It just needs to be over. Who wants to watch another year of DAYS with the show not really committing to any of the pairings? Not me. I don't care what duo you're rooting for rather it be Ejami, Ejole, Safe, or Lumi. Every fan base is in the same boat. They're getting nothing but crumbs tossed their way occasionally. A look, a whisper, etc. These pairings need the whole deal. I don't care what the bigwigs think. Soaps didn't start tanking until they got rid of the true, solidified couplings like Bope, Steve/Kayla, John/Marlena, etc. It was only when these triangles started exploding all over the soap canvas that soaps begin to struggle and fail. Fans can surely disagree on who they think should be paired with whom. But, none of the fanbases are truly getting what they want and deserve.
They're writing triangles and throwing crumbs at all the fan bases in hopes to keep everyone glued to the TV. What they are accomplishing is making a lot of viewers leave. They banked on the Passions group of viewers, and they got the majority of them to watch with the coming of GG and EM, and now that they are reinventing Ethan and Threressa though Brady and Arianna, there will probably be more coming. They are replacing the ones that left, but the ratings are still falling.

As for Rafe solving the baby switch, I really don't care if he does. Somebody's got to, and we all hoped that it would be EJ, but since they've assassinated his character to glorify Rafe's, we didn't get that chance. Luis is now on Days, so I hope he solves it soon.
Edited by daisy132, Aug 16 2009, 03:08 PM.

Manda1

daisy132
Aug 16 2009, 03:04 PM
lazydazes
They're writing triangles and throwing crumbs at all the fan bases in hopes to keep everyone glued to the TV. What they are accomplishing is making a lot of viewers leave. They banked on the Passions group of viewers, and they got the majority of them to watch with the coming of GG and EM, and now that they are reinventing Ethan and Threressa though Brady and Arianna, there will probably be more coming. They are replacing the ones that left, but the ratings are still falling.

As for Rafe solving the baby switch, I really don't care if he does. Somebody's got to, and we all hoped that it would be EJ, but since they've assassinated his character to glorify Rafe's, we didn't get that chance. Luis is now on Days, so I hope he solves it soon.
Sami has had a relationship with Lucas, EJ and Rafe. She was actually married to the first two and has children with them. For those of you who keep saying that Ejami need a chance to be a couple what have they been doing since 2006? You have had them on screen together on and off for the last 3-years and even married for some of that time! The Lumi's have had them on and off for the last 16. years and have had them married for some of that time. Safe has been on screen together most of the time for 10 months. I have loved the Safe scenes since coming out of the Safe House they talk about how they feel, making out, making love and forming a relationship where Sami is clearly wanting 'a happy ending.' :wub:

Sami is still reeling from EJ's evil deeds - I think he is worse than Philip with the hit man hire and kidnapping. The hit man is cold blooded murder not lashing out in a rage which is when Phil tends to do his stuff as a hot head. I can't see her getting back with EJ because those things happened in the last 3 months, and she was just having drinks with the kidnapping victim and telling her she did right not turnng a bind eye to all Phil's stuff.

Anyway if Luis is on Days now I don't know about it because I never watched Passions! But I just want this storyline to move to a conclusion but I would be lying if I didn't say I was glad that Rafe is getting a clue, looks like why they split Safe up so that he could focus on the investigation without Sami questioning his evey move. :lol:

daisy132

Manda1
Aug 16 2009, 03:53 PM
daisy132
lazydazes

Sami has had a relationship with Lucas, EJ and Rafe. She was actually married to the first two and has children with them. For those of you who keep saying that Ejami need a chance to be a couple what have they been doing since 2006? You have had them on screen together on and off for the last 3-years and even married for some of that time! The Lumi's have had them on and off for the last 16. years and have had them married for some of that time. Safe has been on screen together most of the time for 10 months. I have loved the Safe scenes since coming out of the Safe House they talk about how they feel, making out, making love and forming a relationship where Sami is clearly wanting 'a happy ending.' :wub:

Sami is still reeling from EJ's evil deeds - I think he is worse than Philip with the hit man hire and kidnapping. The hit man is cold blooded murder not lashing out in a rage which is when Phil tends to do his stuff as a hot head. I can't see her getting back with EJ because those things happened in the last 3 months, and she was just having drinks with the kidnapping victim and telling her she did right not turnng a bind eye to all Phil's stuff.

Anyway if Luis is on Days now I don't know about it because I never watched Passions! But I just want this storyline to move to a conclusion but I would be lying if I didn't say I was glad that Rafe is getting a clue, looks like why they split Safe up so that he could focus on the investigation without Sami questioning his evey move. :lol:
About the hit on Phillip. It was actually Stephano, not EJ that put the hit on him, and although EJ didn't put a stop to it, he was uncomfortable about it. EJ tried to stop the second attempt, but failed because the killer's phone wasn't working properly. These facts seem to be conveniently forgotten.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Aug 15 2009, 09:03 PM
I agree and don't forget, he was in the Dimera mansion when Nicole was faking her pregnancy. He might have seen her fake rubber belly while he was there and had suspicions all along. He is not obsessive /weird or a psycho. Cops are taught to question and investigate everything they don't think is right--- it's normal for him to do this. And,I agree, why would he tell Sami anything before he is sure? He would just get her hopes up, maybe for nothing and she has been through enough tragedy already to add to it. Remember, Rafe told Sami that he does not do things impulsively--- he thinks them through first and that is what he is doing with this situation.
Rafe's instincts are telling him that Sami may not be safe and he is staying because he has to protect her-- he loves her too much not to.
first off, rafe is no longer a cop. he chose to quit his job to work construction to stay in salem to be with sami. now that he has decided that that can never be together, you'd think he'd go back to work at the FBI. but no, he'd rather hang around town and torture sami, and commit various felonies so he can 'protect' her. this storyline just makes no sense to me whatsoever. i mean the fact that sami is sitting around moping in her apartment while rafe is off telling arianna how much he supposedly loves and cares for her is just ridiculous. if he cared for her, he'd tell her the truth about what happened to his fiancee. why is it such a big deal that she know the truth? rafe knows she's capable of keeping pretty huge secrets, so why can't he trust her with this? because he's a shitty boyfriend, that's why.

anyway, i don't think this storyline showcases much advanced thought or planning-- either on the part of the writing staff or rafe the character. he doesn't have enough info on nicole like other characters in this storyline, so his sudden interest in her and dr. baker is nonsensical. they've gone as far as having rafe say that sami 'thought baker was a bad guy' which is a flat-out fabrication. that's how bad this story is-- they have to make things up to make it seem like rafe has good reason to be suspicious of the doc when in reality, he has no good reason. rafe is not an appropriate character to expose nicole. sami and ej are. brady, chloe and mia playing a part in all this would make sense because they all have pieces of the baby switch story. rafe, on the other hand, fits into this story about as well as a square peg fits in a round hole.

Manda1

daisy132
Aug 16 2009, 04:11 PM
Manda1
daisy132

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep

About the hit on Phillip. It was actually Stephano, not EJ that put the hit on him, and although EJ didn't put a stop to it, he was uncomfortable about it. EJ tried to stop the second attempt, but failed because the killer's phone wasn't working properly. These facts seem to be conveniently forgotten.
EJ and Stephano toasting the hit on Philip the morning of the wedding. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZKt2rDMNas
EJ was as involved as Stephano - the wedding was the perfect alibi. Sami saw through EJ's 'surprise' about Philip in 2 seconds. And I suppose EJ wasn't comfortable about having Brady beaten.... :drunk:

daisy132

Manda1
Aug 16 2009, 04:25 PM
daisy132
Manda1

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep never watched Passions! But I just want this storyline to move to a conclusion but I would be lying if I didn't say I was glad that Rafe is getting a clue, looks like why they split Safe up so that he could focus on the investigation without Sami questioning his evey move. :lol:
EJ and Stephano toasting the hit on Philip the morning of the wedding. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZKt2rDMNas
EJ was as involved as Stephano - the wedding was the perfect alibi. Sami saw through EJ's 'surprise' about Philip in 2 seconds. And I suppose EJ wasn't comfortable about having Brady beaten.... :drunk:
The episodes leading to that clearly showed that EJ wasn't comfortable with the hit. But as always, he listened to his father. As far as Brady is concerned, sure he beat him. I'm not saying that he dindn't. Anyways, EJ is thankfuly returning to his own self, since I think that they are done with the assassination of his character in order to promote the golden boy, Rafe.

Manda1

daisy132
Aug 16 2009, 05:32 PM
Manda1
Aug 16 2009, 04:25 PM
daisy132

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep never
The episodes leading to that clearly showed that EJ wasn't comfortable with the hit. But as always, he listened to his father. As far as Brady is concerned, sure he beat him. I'm not saying that he dindn't. Anyways, EJ is thankfuly returning to his own self, since I think that they are done with the assassination of his character in order to promote the golden boy, Rafe.
That's right it's Rafe's fault that EJ did those bad things..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nicole Walker

EJ didn't want the second hit done cause he felt it was too risky. I can't wait for Rafe to figure this thing out so we can end this baby switch story.
Edited by Nicole Walker, Aug 17 2009, 02:16 AM.

Tara

I just want the baby switch storyline to end so Nicole can move on to a great storyline.

Tammy101
Member Avatar

Having Rafe put all the clues together is absurd, Safe as a couple sucks the life out of the show, Sami constantly worrying about Rafe and not her children is outrageous, EJ wondering around in a fog is preposterous and Nicole almost getting caught every episode she appears on is asinine. This story needs to be over but having Rafe figure it out is the most unsatisfying resolution!

mirabella

Having Rafe put the clues together and figure out the baby switch is just a natural solution. He is the best one for the job, actually. I am glad that the sluthing has begun.

CapeSafe

mirabella
Aug 17 2009, 09:39 AM
Having Rafe put the clues together and figure out the baby switch is just a natural solution. He is the best one for the job, actually. I am glad that the sluthing has begun.
Couldn't agree more..... You can see how they are writing Rafe being separated from Sami so he find out what is going on with Dr.Baker... It is fun seeing him in FBI mode again..

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply