Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: A Closer Look: Hope; August 25th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Aug 12 2009, 11:42 AM (1,938 Views)
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I understand what you mean, Ellie. I'm just never one to simply drop something unless it's blatantly offensive in some way (like the Iraq story). Otherwise, I always advocate for ending a bad story in a way that accomplishes something (creating a better story, etc). I'm happy they are using the visions stuff for something and, if anything, the fact that they have still not abandoned it at least makes it appear they always meant for it to mean something. For awhile, it didn't seem that way. Even though I'm not big on it, I would rather a story like the visions be used for something then nothing at all. It makes me feel like sitting through the visions stuff was worth something. JMO.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

^^ I agree in theory that tying up loose ends is better than just dropping a story, but I guess where we disagree is that I don't think the current story will tie up any loose ends. It's just using the visions in the exact same way as they were used before. However, if the reason for Bo's visions is explained, or if he stops having them (with an explanation), or if the writers bring the visions full circle to when they started (VERY unlikely imo), then I will agree that it's better than their being dropped abruptly.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Regardless of whether they end it or explain it or whatever, I think it's far more insulting to the audience to simply drop something, regardless of how much something stinks. Unless you are upsetting people in an offensive and disrespectful manner, I think the best way to handle any clunker of a story or any bad plot point is to use it for something worthwhile or to make it accomplish something. I don't care if the visions do nothing but add more intensity to the story. It's something.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Mason
Aug 12 2009, 02:47 PM
How about we just come up with a storyline for Bo and Hope that doesn't involve kidnapping? That way, we don't have to come up with these "interesting" little twists like the visions.
Kidnapping is their special thing, though. That and brain issues (Hope thinks she's Gina! Hope is Gina! Gina thinks her hair looks good like that! Bo is a mime! Bope decide it's time to become bounty hunters!), which is the only reason I'm not totally put off by the ridiculous visions storyline.

I don't want them to just drop it either. You've got something simmering in the background this long, you need to do something with it- besides the obvious at this point (inoperable brain tumor- bye Bo!).

I haven't been reading all the spoilers lately, so I don't know where they're going with all this. There's potential here though, I think, because it could be used to integrate Bo/Hope with the others. Tie it to the new blood feud, tie it to EJ's reaction to losing a daughter he didn't know he had- something beyond visions and the return of the Alamains.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply