Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD and SOW: Philip and Melanie have sex!; August 25th issues; Summary of Articles
Topic Started: Aug 12 2009, 12:04 PM (5,685 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

This week's SOD features an interview with Molly Burnett, and this week's SOW features an interview with Jay Kenneth Johnson.

Philip and Victor have an argument, and Philip quits Titan. Melanie and Stephanie have both told Philip that they believe in him and that he can cut ties with Victor. Johnson tells SOW that "Philip is very much in love with [Stephanie]", and Stephanie can't handle his being part of what the Kiriakis family is doing. Johnson says, "It's a tough decision. Philip's living in this nice house and he's got lots of money, but after everything that has happened over the past couple of months, he realizes [this life] isn't for him."

Philip and Victor have what SOW calls "a huge discussion about morals". Johnson says that Philip "can't believe the same blood is running through their veins", and Philip decides to leave the family.

Philip leaves Stephanie a voicemail hinting at what he did, but then Philip runs into her and sees her with Nathan. Philip punches Nathan, and Stephanie is furious and says she wants nothing to do with Philip. So, as SOD says, "[Philip] turns to Melanie."

Philip takes Melanie to a rundown motel, where they have sex. Molly Burnett laughs and says, "Melanie has been in love with Philip from day one, they're both hurt and they're both drawn to each other, and Philip didn't have to convince her too much."

The next morning, Philip tells Melanie he has no regrets. Melanie is hoping the relationship will continue, but when Philip goes home, Stephanie comes to see him. Victor had seen Stephanie with Nathan, and Victor had yelled at her for being with someone else when Philip had finally cut ties with the family.

Stephanie tells Philip that she loves him, and she hopes they can get back together. Melanie arrives and overhears this, but Philip asks Melanie to give him some privacy with Stephanie. Melanie assumes Philip is going to tell Stephanie that he's with Melanie, but unfortunately for her, Philip and Stephanie decide to reconcile.

Philip later tells Melanie that he is going to get back together with Stephanie. He asks Melanie to keep the fact that they had sex a secret. Burnett says, "What a butthead! Philip just goes right back to Stephanie. Big shock." Burnett continues that Melanie expected this, in a way. "I'm sure on some level, she knew this wasn't for the long term. She's heartbroken, but she kind of lets it happen." Melanie is happy that "people are finally liking her in Salem", so she's willing to let this go.

However, what Philip and Melanie don't know is that the motel owner has taped what went on in their motel room...

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

Quote:

Melanie has been in love with Philip from day one

Huh? I...I don't know what else there is to say that will adequately express the way I feel right now except for... WHAT THE FUCK?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Yuck.

Nicole Walker

GMAFB. UGH.

liverlips123

Wow how surprising..
GUESSES ON How long Philip and Stephanie will last THIS TIME..
Guesses on when the Phelanie SEx tape will and how will be released...

Dr. Chip

Philip can't believe that the Kiriakis blood runs through his veins? Now? After all this time? How convenient.

And he's okay with having sex with an 18-year-old who uses words like "butthead"? And she's okay with being used sexually because at least people like her in Salem now?

And the motel owner just happened to tape them having sex? Again, how convenient.

Please, please, please don't pull this shit on the likes of Crystal Chappell and Louise Sorel. We demand better writing for those two!

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Dr. Chip
Aug 12 2009, 12:58 PM
Philip can't believe that the Kiriakis blood runs through his veins? Now? After all this time? How convenient.

And he's okay with having sex with an 18-year-old who uses words like "butthead"? And she's okay with being used sexually because at least people like her in Salem now?

And the motel owner just happened to tape them having sex? Again, how convenient.

Please, please, please don't pull this shit on the likes of Crystal Chappell and Louise Sorel. We demand better writing for those two!
I think this sounds like a classic soap story but that's just me.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Thanks Ellie.

That was such a man thing to do Philip. But poor Melanie. Dumped for the boring, self-righteous Princess.

I can't wait until precious sees the tape. LOLOL

Ellie

Dr. Chip

I agree completely with all of this. As for CC and LS - wouldn't get your hopes up. The same team penning this story, the visions story, and Rafe's trip to the Dominican Republic will no doubt be writing whatever happens to Carly and Vivian as well.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

From just reading the article, this doesn't sound like a bad thing. Everything that happens makes sense. Philip is hurt by Stephanie. Melanie is hurt by Nathan. Philip and Melanie share somewhat of a past together, so they come together for comfort sex. It sounds like a great thing on paper. However, when it becomes physical with actors in the roles, I don't think I'm going to feel the same way. I just can't picture Johnson and Burnett doing these scenes together and feeling okay about it. Burnett just looks way too young for Johnson. Hopefully, they'll do something o make her look a lot older, like do her hair differently or put her in more mature clothes. It worked for Shelley Henning. I'll be so pissed if Philip fucks Melanie in her candy striper uniform!

I hope the writers play the Justin angle in Victor and Philip's scenes. That's a pure goldmine there. Victor looks at the successful person Justin has become and Justin has always been like a son to Victor. I could just imagine the weight Victor put on Philip growing up to be more like his cousin Justin. Well, that's the way it should be. These writers are probably going to disappoint me though. Another missed opportunity, like always.

Almost forgot the last part about the sex tape. I'm sure that will come out in a few weeks, but first there will be weeks of whomever has the sex tape blackmailing Philip and Melanie for money to keep the sex tape a secret until finally it's revealed and Stephanie breaks up with Philip again.
Edited by DrewHamilton, Aug 12 2009, 01:12 PM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Dr. Chip
This is going to push back all of the progress Melanie has made over the last year.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Ick. :puke:

lastDays
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Aug 12 2009, 01:14 PM
Ick. :puke:
Amen to that :puke: :puke: :puke:

mbdimera
Member Avatar

This is gross. Phillip taking an 18-year-old who has already been used and abused in the past and just wants people to like her, to a rundown motel for sex and then promptly dumps her is just icky. And I wouldn't be at all surprised if she's wearing her candy striper uniform when it happens. :shame:

I'm not even that opposed to a Phillip/Melanie pairing, but these writers have taken a couple with a smidgen of potential and turned it to shit right from the start.

Thanks Ellie. :)

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Part of this sounds ok, but the whole sex tape thing is stupid.

Thanks, Ellie!

doolcrazy
Member Avatar

Thanks Ellie. You rock for giving us these summaries. :hail: I wish Phil would wake the heck up and see that Steph is using him and treating him like a yo-yo. Geepers it is on again off again at her desire and she is nothing but trash. She has been ever since she returned from that business trip to Detroit years back. LOL Her own mother barely recognized her as I recall. She went from a good kid to a totally self centered over sexed twit. Steve and Kayla should kidnap their daughter and take her away and deprogram her from the ho she has turned into. Phil and now Mel are going to be hurt by her actions. LOL Maybe Owen should have kept her in the morgue. :drunk:

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

mbdimera
Aug 12 2009, 01:20 PM
This is gross. Phillip taking an 18-year-old who has already been used and abused in the past and just wants people to like her, to a rundown motel for sex and then promptly dumps her is just icky. And I wouldn't be at all surprised if she's wearing her candy striper uniform when it happens. :shame:

I'm not even that opposed to a Phillip/Melanie pairing, but these writers have taken a couple with a smidgen of potential and turned it to shit right from the start.

Thanks Ellie. :)
I agree, I think I might could like a Phillip/Melanie pairing if they hadn't gone about it this way. I guess the sex tape is better than Melanie ending up preggers???

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Well guess Stephanie was right,Melanie is a slut.

Mason
Member Avatar

BalscoFan5
Aug 12 2009, 02:19 PM
Stephanie's no better. She's just the pot calling the kettle black.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Mason
Aug 12 2009, 02:29 PM
BalscoFan5
Aug 12 2009, 02:19 PM
Stephanie's no better. She's just the pot calling the kettle black.
Thank you!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply