Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD and SOW: Philip and Melanie have sex!; August 25th issues; Summary of Articles
Topic Started: Aug 12 2009, 12:04 PM (5,707 Views)
Sariah
Member Avatar

Just because it can't be said enough - they are totally and completely ruining Philip. Everything about this storyline blows. Again, another storyline with no rootable character or pairing - not the lecherous ex-CEO playboy dating girls just out of high school, not the "damaged" cheating backstabbing little girl, not the dull-as-dishwater judgmental personality-free girlfriend.

And this is the second time Philip's been in trouble because of a sex tape.

And I'm annoyed that this will probably play out for months and months of him feeling guilty, of Stephanie "knowing" something is not right, and then when it does come out, it will totally fizzle and be stupid because of how drawn out the whole thing was.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

pspcindy
Aug 13 2009, 11:38 AM
I don't mind a bit that Philip and Melanie have sex. I just hate that boring, suckthelifeoutofanystory Stephanie has to come back in an ruin what could be the start of an interesting relationship. Let her be boring and lifeless with Nathan since he seems dazzled by her glittery hooha.

Philip is not the good guy type. He has goodness in him but he can be hard and driven as well. He is totally diarming when he flashes those dimples, however! I just want him to have a good story and not one I want to ff. And I think Melanie has grown and is lots more interesting than she was in the beginning.
I agree with your whole post the only place where our opinions diverge is that Stefanie is a "suckthelifeoutofanystory" character (although true to a point and a funny as hell term). Stefanie just needs to be placed with a strong crazy character and I thought Owen made her more interesting.

I also agree with Phillip and his disarming dimples. I think he's one of the more interesting characters because he has so many qualities and usually they are showcased without him being schizophrenic. He's been interesting to watch over the last few years since the Last Blast days to see him struggle with becoming his own man.

I dont mind that Melanie will have her heart broken either.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

MichaelGL
Aug 12 2009, 10:50 PM
So I guess the sex tape is going to be called "Jaws"?
LOL,This grosses me out,Phillip is how old and Melanie is TOO YOUNG for him.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Mason
Aug 13 2009, 11:41 AM
lastDays
Aug 13 2009, 10:30 AM
I find it interesting how some people will jump allover Daniel and despise him for being a "womanizer" and "pervert",but defend Phillip and rationalize his boinking Melanie :roflol:
I don't like Philip sleeping with Melanie anymore than I like Daniel's sleeping around, but at least Philip's not a doctor and not sleeping with his patients and women young enough to be his daughter.
Or, in this case, sleeping with a relative. For all those reasons, I totally support the Melanie/Phillip sex.

mandorla

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats SOOOOO over the top!!! HAHAHAHAH Ohhh Pooleeeease!! HAHA What will they think of next!!!!

Bradyclan

The picture makes me barf. I love Mel but she looks way too childish to be with Philip. Disgusting.

Tammy101
Member Avatar

Nothing says "romance" in the afternoon like sleezy hotel sex that is video taped. Dena has to be a man.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Tammy101
Aug 17 2009, 09:09 AM
Nothing says "romance" in the afternoon like sleezy hotel sex that is video taped. Dena has to be a man.
I don't defend Dena that often, and certainly in my mind there is no excuse for Phelony sex, but in her defense (or whoever's writing), I think it's quite clear this is not intended to be a romantic hookup. It's supposed to be sleazy. Philip is only screwing Melanie because he's pissed about Stephanie and Nathan and apparently something was wrong with his right hand. The whole point of the video is that Philip's ashamed he had sex with Melanie and knows he shouldn't have and is trying to keep it from Stephanie, but obviously that secret will come out. According to JKJ's own words, Philip is very much in love with Stephanie and it's obvious from the summary that all Stephanie had to do was tell him she still loves him in order for him to dump Melanie. I don't see anything about this sordid tale that's supposed to be romantic for Philip and Melanie.

I'm way late due to vacation, but thanks for posting, Ellie! I admire your fortitude typing this up--I couldn't have done it. :P

lastDays
Member Avatar

Tammy101
Aug 17 2009, 09:09 AM
You mean because she treats women on this show as either sluts or defenseless,weak heroines? Why would you draw that conclusion? :lol:

jasmine

I liked the fact that philp and melanie were together . Melanie is really growing one me.

heidi
Member Avatar

Melanie has grown on me too. I don't know why she agrees to give it up in a seedy motel and then too keep it quite too, just so he can go back to Stephanie......again, who will no doubt dump him....... again when he has the nerve to act like himself. Steph should just go find a Boyscout if that's what she wants and stop jerking him around. I like him the way he is.

Phelanie = Felony

lucasrocks

Sigh. I really was hoping for something of substance to come from Mel and Phil. I keep waiting for the day when he will tell Stephanie to sit and spin on the stick she has shoved up her butt and MEAN IT. I love it when he goes "dark Phillip" on her when she gets on his nerves but that ends too quickly and he always reverts to begging her. I like the idea of Phillip and Melanie because they can both go from sweet to wicked without batting an eyelash. I've never been big on good guy/girl and bad guy/girl relationships because inevitably the bad one is beaten into submission eventually becoming a total shell of themselves to make them worthy of the good one. BO-RING!!!

I should have known not to get my hopes up but I did anyway. If they're going to insist on sticking Mel with this Nathan guy I wish they'd recast and give him a little edge. This guy isn't someone Melanie would look twice at IMHO.

sungrey

Don't give Days any ideas on recasting Nathan. We'd probably be stuck with another Passions actor.

I know, I'm terrible.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply