Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Daytime Emmy presenters announced
Topic Started: Aug 12 2009, 05:48 PM (1,596 Views)
Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

IMissAremid
Aug 13 2009, 12:27 AM
Y&RWorldTurner
Aug 12 2009, 06:49 PM
LOL! They credited Robert Newman as apart of the DAYS cast in that press release.
Seriously who is that? I know I've been away from the show for a few weeks but damn I was scratching my head on that one.
Josh Lewis on GL.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Drew
Aug 13 2009, 12:29 AM
Exactly. And the young audience now fueling soaps (thanks to net brass driving away the loyal older audience for short attention spanned newbies) also watch, or would be inclined to watch with some promotion shows like Melrose Place, 90210, Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, America's Next Top Model, that twilight ripoff, etc. So this is great for them, and if one or two fans of those shows tune into see them present and then go and PVR B&B or OLTL (etc) out of curiosity then all the better.
Never even thought of the young viewer aspect. You hit on a good point there.

CW is playing it smart IMO. If it all works out, the Emmy's will have a home next year too because the CW will see the show as a good way to promote their stuff as well.

KMan101
Member Avatar

It's just funny how the network with no daytime soaps is televising the Daytime Emmy's. I'm with you Tim, though. I'm just glad it has a home and I think the CW will like having the awards, simply so they can promote their own soapy nighttime shows.

And as others pointed out, Egglesfield and Loughlin are known for both daytime and now primetime so it makes sense the CW would use them. Tyra Banks was a given also because her talk show is going to be CW exclusive this fall and she has ANTM.

lastDays
Member Avatar

KMan101
Aug 13 2009, 07:25 AM
It's just funny how the network with no daytime soaps is televising the Daytime Emmy's. I'm with you Tim, though. I'm just glad it has a home and I think the CW will like having the awards, simply so they can promote their own soapy nighttime shows.

And as others pointed out, Egglesfield and Loughlin are known for both daytime and now primetime so it makes sense the CW would use them. Tyra Banks was a given also because her talk show is going to be CW exclusive this fall and she has ANTM.
I'd rather see CURRENT daytime stars. This presentation is less about soaps and more about the CW promoting its self .If this is what they are putting on,I'd rather it not be televised at all,thank you

RogerNewcomb
Member Avatar

Y&RWorldTurner
Aug 12 2009, 06:49 PM
LOL! They credited Robert Newman as apart of the DAYS cast in that press release.
I received the official press release and everyone was credited correctly. This particular newspaper got it wrong, not the Emmy folks.

The CW presenters are mostly former soap stars who are (with the exception of Hartley) starring on primetime soaps so it's a great way to cross-promote.

RogerNewcomb
Member Avatar

lastDays
Aug 13 2009, 07:30 AM
KMan101

I'd rather see CURRENT daytime stars. This presentation is less about soaps and more about the CW promoting its self .If this is what they are putting on,I'd rather it not be televised at all,thank you
If you've been reading my Emmy coverage you would know the Emmy producers are huge lifelong daytime soap fans and truly want to support the shows. But it's also a business and if this Emmy telecast does not do well in the ratings, we may be reading about the Emmys next year instead of watching them.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

lastDays
Aug 13 2009, 07:30 AM
KMan101

you'll be seeing 5ish current actors in each of the 6 acting categories ....

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Thanks Roger for the information.

I am thrilled that some network is showing this. I may be in the minority but I love watching the daytime people have a night to shine. The actors/technical people are some of the hardest working people in the business and often overlooked. Rachel Melvin mentioned in her most recent blog about the slower pace of primetime and movies vs soaps. For the most part, daytime puts out a pretty good product(I'm not commenting on writing here)in a very short order.

I just want to see the different stars come out and have fun. This year DOOL has more nominations than it has had in years. What a chance it is to hear the name of the show mentioned so often! You never know, Days could win something significant.

I hope all soap viewers will tune in so that this won't be the last broadcast of the Daytime Emmys. It would just be one more sad thing that has happened to a genre that has entertained us for decades.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply