Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Erick Avari joins Days
Topic Started: Aug 14 2009, 01:45 PM (1,963 Views)
Ellie

http://soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking/

DAYS Casting News
Erick Avari, who has extensive prime-time and movie credits, will appear as Omar in scenes with Crystal Chappell when she returns to the show as Carly. He first airs October 9.

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Cool. I remember seeing him in various shows and movies, but can't recall from exactly which ones. I wonder if he could be another doctor, a possible colleague of Carly's.

King
Member Avatar

Yes, I know him too!

I am getting very excited for Carly Manning!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

He's been in tons of stuff, great casting..This makes me so excited for Carly's return..I still can't believe Vivian, Carly, and Lawrence are returning..

Sindacco
Member Avatar

I remember him from the first season of Heroes.

TBLFanGirl
Member Avatar

I remember him from tons of stuff... but mostly Mr Deeds with Adam Sandler.

Dr. Chip

Wasn't Taylor on B&B kept prisoner by someone named Omar? I think I've only seen that show three times in 22 years, but I remember that name.

Will Carly be Omar's prisoner?

pspcindy
Member Avatar

You mean an actor was hired that is not a Passions reject?

LOL

thanks Ellie.

mirabella

pspcindy
Aug 14 2009, 06:03 PM

LOL

thanks Ellie.
None of the actors on Passions were "rejects". Their show was canceled. They were not "rejected". The three actors (Eric, Galen, and Lindsay) who are on Days now that came from Passions are good actors. TPTB and the fans all seem to like them. If you are also referring to other actors who appeared on Passions, Nick Stabile appeared on a week or two when he subbed for another actor who was on paternity leave. Louise Sorel played a character on Passions for a few weeks, while Michael Sabatino was on Passions for a few months.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

He's been in numerous things. The last thing was Mohinder's father on Heroes.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Nice choice. He's been in alot of stuff.

And now we have some idea of when Carly will debut. I was hoping early October. I wonder if this guy may be keeping her captive? Perhaps Vivian is involved? Interesting...

sungrey

mirabella
Aug 14 2009, 07:31 PM
pspcindy

LOL

thanks Ellie.
None of the actors on Passions were "rejects". Their show was canceled. They were not "rejected". The three actors (Eric, Galen, and Lindsay) who are on Days now that came from Passions are good actors. TPTB and the fans all seem to like them. If you are also referring to other actors who appeared on Passions, Nick Stabile appeared on a week or two when he subbed for another actor who was on paternity leave. Louise Sorel played a character on Passions for a few weeks, while Michael Sabatino was on Passions for a few months.
Ah, I think by the tone of the post it was supposed to be a joke. I don't want to see the show turn into Passions 2.0, but I welcome the Days returns and hope Gary chooses not to cast any more Passions actors for the future. :)

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

sungrey
Aug 15 2009, 10:51 AM
mirabella
Aug 14 2009, 07:31 PM
pspcindy

LOL

thanks Ellie.
Ah, I think by the tone of the post it was supposed to be a joke. I don't want to see the show turn into Passions 2.0, but I welcome the Days returns and hope Gary chooses not to cast any more Passions actors for the future. :)
I still don't get why it matters where they came from. I just want the show to choose someone right for whatever the role is they have in mind. I could care less if the person is a reality show star. If they fit the role and nail their audition, good for them. I will give them a chance and, if they suck, I will just hope the show sees this and makes a change. Personally, I don't care if Gary brings on half the cast providing those he brings on work in their respective roles. It's not like he's set out to bring on too Passions stars. Galen was really the only one they set out to bring on. Eric Martsolf came in to audition for Rafe. They had wanted to recast Brady. It was a good fit so they hired him. Lindsey Hartley was never in their plans until recently. They tried Terrell first. It hasn't been planned at all. If it was, even I would question it LOL.

ktcd074

Intriguing!! I cannot wait until the return of Crystal Chappell as Carly 2.0

KTCD

Ana75
Member Avatar

Ellie
Aug 14 2009, 01:45 PM

DAYS Casting News
Erick Avari, who has extensive prime-time and movie credits, will appear as Omar in scenes with Crystal Chappell when she returns to the show as Carly. He first airs October 9.

Posted Image
Cool! Thanks for posting. I also remember him from the first Mummy movie. It looks like things will be getting interesting hopefully.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Ooooo I like him. He was in the Mummy. He is a good actor to.

paul89

Ana75
Aug 16 2009, 06:31 PM
Ellie
Aug 14 2009, 01:45 PM

DAYS Casting News

Posted Image
Cool! Thanks for posting. I also remember him from the first Mummy movie. It looks like things will be getting interesting hopefully.
i think he was on GL

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

TBLFanGirl
Aug 14 2009, 03:26 PM
I remember him from tons of stuff... but mostly Mr Deeds with Adam Sandler.
Oh thanks for posting that. I knew I recognized him.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply