Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; Week of 8/17 - 8/21
Topic Started: Aug 17 2009, 10:51 AM (4,687 Views)
Alligato
Member Avatar

I am not interested in the Bope kidnapping...and maybe it is because KA is so damn convincing to me that it breaks my heart. I remember her agony with Zach, and I just don't want to see another damn fictional baby in peril for her...especially getting shot in the back.

If it is supposed to be showcasing a change in Bope relationship or move to them splitting up, I might understand that they needed something dramatic, but the hurt/dead baby thing has been played and it isn't my favorite.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alligato
Member Avatar

Just watching today's show in real time...

First off, could somebody, anybody tell Stephanie that what Phillip does is NONE OF HER DAMN BUSINESS. Her little "I need to know what you are doing" and "what is Melanie doing here" attitude needs to be dealt with. And it cracks me up that Stephanie just believes that Phillip is done "being a Kiriakis"...yea, like she didn't see him down this road before. Philanie just sucks!

Hope is just selling this story for me. She's killing me with her reactions to everything.
Loved that Hope is bitching at Bo for following his visions, but she bitched at him for not following his visions when Kayla was shot. Poor dude can't win.
And if they say the word RANSOM one more time...I get it! You are ripping off the movie!! LOL!

I loved the trivia, and Victor's expression with the answer cracked me up.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I'm tuning back in for the kidnapping story and actually enjoying the show...Loving Victor and Justin being involved..And KA and PR did a fantastic job today..Today was the first day I've seen Dean, but i'm enjoying watching him squirm abit..It's obvious he just wants the money...This all stems from Hope giving that big donation right and him reading the article???

Also loved Phillip crushing Melanie's heart today...I could get into this quad..But i think a Natan, Stephanie and Melanie triangle would be more age appropriate...

I'm not into Arianna, can't wait for the recast to happen..Do we have a starting date?

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Upon quick glance the kidnapper looks like Brandon Beemer to me. He is getting less creepy but shifty nonetheless. I wonder what the significance of the tattoo if any.

The last scene of today's episode was great! The way Bo ripped the phone away from Hope's hand just when I thought he caved in, and Hope freaking out with Dean hunkered in his chair sweating bullets. I like when Bope are at each other throats, the actors bring some fire to the set.

I dont think Phillip is really coming off as such a bastard in this situation, he was hurting and vulnerable too. He's also invested a lot into his relationship with Stephanie and the torn back peddling he's having to do is great. Stephanie's stupid and a bitch because she should have cut things off from the beginning when she caught Phillip hooking himself out to Melanie for the AFP. I really like the potential of this quad, Stephanie and Nathan are the bad guys in this to me and Melanie & Stephanie are great for enemies and frenemies. Can't wait to see how this trickles over into their professional lives at the hospital.

Alligato, regarding your avatar--what a difference a haircut can make!!!!!! The Viking is a hot man!

james0479
Member Avatar

I have to say this has been one of the most entertaining weeks in a long time for me. I thought today's show was damn good. Not sure why, but today I have finally found myself pretty invested in the Philip Steph Melanie situation. It's grown on me, the writing has been good and the acting has been better than usual. I think Days is picking it's game up and it's about time. I say Phil and Mel is prolly where I'm wanting it to go. Nothing it's more sincere than they look on Nathan's face when he sees Steph...and I love that. It's got potential. I think they are showing the right characters and stories on the right days lately. I couldn't have handled seeing Chad, Will and Mia intercut with the kidnapping story......it just wouldn't have held my interest. As for the kidnapping story......DAMN....ALL the actors brought it again today. They are ON FIRE!!!!! KA kills me....they were all so good. Yes, I saw this coming because it's a Ransom knockoff.....but the look on Hope's face when Bo grabbed that phone was pure magic. She killed! Just like with the movie "Ransom", I'm on the side of the wife (Hope)....This story could change up on us and I think it will eventually. But, it has been very entertaining. Lovin Days right now!!!!

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Showing Ciarra shot in the back bleeding was just disgusting,I got so annoyed I stopped watching after that,this storyline is well acted,but incredibly stupid.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

loved rafe's comment that you can't get out of baker's clinic without filing a birth certificate....um...i guess, unless you just take off like sami did. i just found that unintentionally funny i suppose, especially since rafe is the master birth certificate forger. i also found it odd that arianna blurted out that rafe couldn't stand nicole.

why is ej so gung-ho about the genetic testing? has no one informed him that meningitis is an infectious disease, not a genetic disease?

i have to wonder where they are going with theo recognizing kyle's tatto. it seems ciara could identify him should she be found. otherwise, since kyle seems to be holed up in that shack, i can't see the significance of theo being able to identify him. on that note, i loved the scenes with dean and kyle. dean had some funny lines in there.

poor melanie. she's really stepped it acting-wise up the past few months, i have to say. i was really underwhelmed with her performace when max left town, but she's done really well the last couple of days with philip. anyone find it odd that arianna and melanie are bff now? i thought that was brady's role. anyway, i definitely felt for melanie today.

hope is pissing me off, like she usually does in these storylines. if i were bo, it would be hard not to just step back and let her do whatever the hell she wants, because we all know she's going to bitch and moan and scream recriminations unless she gets her way. i also don't get the disconnect with her and and the visions. one second she's laying into bo for not telling her aobut them, the next she is dismissing them as if they don't matter. i DO like that they appear to be setting something up with hope and justin. the two have great chemistry.

good show today, all in all.

Tori

Man I really wanted to get into this Ciara kidnapping storyline. Perhaps it's that Hope has been kidnapped so many times herself that it just seems so been there done that. They just had a kidnapping storyline with Stefano and Stephanie too. Then we had the whole losing Zack storyline that tore Bo and Hope apart and it seems like there will be a crack in their relationship over this too. While I think KA and PR are doing a great job it's not emmy worthy.

Is it so hard to write original material?

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

luvpumpkns
Aug 21 2009, 09:48 PM
why is ej so gung-ho about the genetic testing? has no one informed him that meningitis is an infectious disease, not a genetic disease?
I think he wants to gain a sense of control back into his life, epsecially concerning his children. I think he wants a sense of security in knowing there isn't some hidden genetic blip that would take Syd away, not too far off since Theo has Autism. But mainly, it's so the writers can make Nicole squirm.

mirabella

Halloween Family
Aug 22 2009, 11:13 AM
luvpumpkns
I think he wants to gain a sense of control back into his life, epsecially concerning his children. I think he wants a sense of security in knowing there isn't some hidden genetic blip that would take Syd away, not too far off since Theo has Autism. But mainly, it's so the writers can make Nicole squirm.
Yes, it is mainly to make Nicole squirm. Shouldn't EJ be doing that genetic testing on Johnny, too? Isn't her worried about Johnny, too?

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

mirabella
Aug 22 2009, 12:12 PM
Halloween Family
luvpumpkns
Yes, it is mainly to make Nicole squirm. Shouldn't EJ be doing that genetic testing on Johnny, too? Isn't her worried about Johnny, too?
Both EJ and I fogot about Johnny, lol. Maybe he will but it is doubtful.

Tori

Halloween Family
luvpumpkns
ITA - good assessment!

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

mirabella
Shouldn't EJ be doing that genetic testing on Johnny, too? Isn't her worried about Johnny, too?
Not to mention which, EJ thinks Grace is his child with Sami. He knows (unless there's a future paternity retcon) that Johnny is his child with Sami. Isn't Johnny therefore the child who has the highest risk of having the same genetic quirk (if any exists) as Grace, since both children--he thinks--have the same parents? EJ forgets about Johnny quite a bit unless the plot calls for it, which is no different than anything else, but in this case it really is a stupid omission.

Tori

Paxton
Aug 22 2009, 01:09 PM
mirabella
Shouldn't EJ be doing that genetic testing on Johnny, too? Isn't her worried about Johnny, too?
Not to mention which, EJ thinks Grace is his child with Sami. He knows (unless there's a future paternity retcon) that Johnny is his child with Sami. Isn't Johnny therefore the child who has the highest risk of having the same genetic quirk (if any exists) as Grace, since both children--he thinks--have the same parents? EJ forgets about Johnny quite a bit unless the plot calls for it, which is no different than anything else, but in this case it really is a stupid omission.
If you think about it EJ insisting that Sami take Johnny to get testing done would meet with an all out war. Sami would hit the roof if EJ suggest such a thing. It would probably take a court order.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

good point

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

One of the times Bo shouted about how he wasn't going to pay the ransom I half way expected him to say "not in this economy!"

Now that the initial kidnapper has toned down his pedohile aire I am enjoying his portrayal, he's ott with his shiftyness and his fingernail bitting but he's good. I too enjoyed that scene between him and Dean. Dean's kinda hot.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Tori
Aug 22 2009, 01:36 PM
Paxton
Aug 22 2009, 01:09 PM
mirabella
If you think about it EJ insisting that Sami take Johnny to get testing done would meet with an all out war. Sami would hit the roof if EJ suggest such a thing. It would probably take a court order.
So what? When has Sami become hurt/angry/furious with his "parental decisions" made any impact in those decisions? And like Paxton said, if it's about preparing for the same type of situation Grace went through, then Johnny is a much more likely candidate then Sydney.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Aug 22 2009, 02:19 PM
One of the times Bo shouted about how he wasn't going to pay the ransom I half way expected him to say "not in this economy!"

lol

Tori

Halloween Family
Aug 22 2009, 02:19 PM

Now that the initial kidnapper has toned down his pedohile aire I am enjoying his portrayal, he's ott with his shiftyness and his fingernail bitting but he's good. I too enjoyed that scene between him and Dean. Dean's kinda hot.
I agree, I think these day actors are doing a pretty good job!

Alligato
Member Avatar

re: EJ testing Johnny...

Wouldn't it be all kinds of weird ass awesome if the genetic testing of Sydney revealed that Sydney is Mia and Chad's daughter...and the genetic testing of Johnny revealed that he is Sami and Lucas' son?
Then EJ, having absolutely no heirs/children would have a major freak out and we could have pouty, whiny EJ all of the time? Did I mention how much I can't stand EJ looking like he has sand in his underwear with that permanant scowl?

My guess is that is why Johnny is forgotton...gotta leave that paternity question open. Johnny should be the first to be tested if EJ is freaking out so much about Grace. Too bad the writers couldn't have EJ secretly plotting to reveal that he knows all.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply