Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Kristian talks about kidnapping storyline; Part 2 added 8/27
Topic Started: Aug 18 2009, 06:44 PM (1,171 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Kidnapped!

Certainly, having a child kidnapped has got to be one of the worst things a parent can go through, surpassed only by having a child die. Hope has now gone through both of these life-changing events. Her son Zack was killed; now her beautiful daughter Ciara has been kidnapped. It's terrible, of course, but Kristian is at least happy with the way the story is being told. "The way they had started laying the storyline, and telling it, I was very excited because it wasn't all of a sudden, here it is, and there's no lead up. I thought it was beautifully led up to. There is the beginning, the middle and the end. And there's a big end!"

But as Kristian, a mother of three, well understands, "it's the most devastating thing you could ever imagine as a parent, something happening like this. And in Hope's case, she's lost one child; she's very protective over Ciara, more so than probably with the other children, because of what she's been through with Zack."

How did this devastating event happen? Bo left Ciara at the carnival in the park with Ellen, a family friend, who was watching a group of children. But, as every parent knows, all it takes is one second. "The concern is 'are you right next to the person? Always look at the person. Make sure you know the person next to you.' Make sure! Because very easily, you can be distracted and walk off and you think that the person next to you is the person that you know, and it's a stranger and everybody else is gone." Terrifying indeed. And whether it was premonition or just being a somewhat overprotective mother (with good reason), Hope did as Kristian would. She called to find out how her daughter was doing.

"When she can't get through to her," Kristian told us, "her antenna is going up, and Bo says everything is fine. Don't worry. Until he calls and asks to speak to Ciara, and Ellen realizes Ciara isn't there. So we immediately run out, panic stricken, not thinking at this point that she's been kidnapped. She just wandered off; we're going to find her. Until we find her bear. And oh my God, she's gone. But still, we're not sure if that is in fact what's taken place. And then the ransom note shows up, and the article about Hope. That's what I mean about things being beautifully laid in." Ciara wasn't just kidnapped. If you'd been paying attention, you might've seen some clues that this was about to happen.

Kristian continues: "Bo puts the pieces together and remembers the birthday party. That lollipop! He was there. They realize he was there; he's been stalking her. But who is he? Obviously now it's confirmed that it's because of the article and they think Hope has a lot of money. Not realizing that it's Dean and he's right beside us, helping us work through the investigation. And at every turn he changes something. It's just so well-done."

We asked Kristian if anything remotely similar had ever happened to her, and like a lot of parents, she had that one panicky time when she briefly couldn't find one of her sons. "Gino, when he was around five years old, and I were at Macy's, when it was Bullock's. I turned my head for one second and turned back and he was gone. My heart was just pounding out of my chest, racing, I didn't know which way to run first, what to do first. I was scouring the place and I got security and said, my son, I don't know what happened, he's gone. After about twenty minutes I saw his head pop out underneath the jammies. He was sitting there watching me run back and forth. And I was screaming 'Gino, Gino, Gino!' I was absolutely panicked! And he was just busy playing with whatever he was playing with. And you can't even be mad at him because you're just so thankful that you have him back. Then after you get over that, you go 'don't ever do that again!'"

http://www.sonypictures.com/tv/shows/daysofourlives/news_events/detail_3931.html
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

shawndbrady1981

I totally agree. and with bo and hope in the forefront what could be better.. that said however..i think itd be awesome to have that guy who we dont know (not dean the other one) turn out to be a patick recast... i mean come on.. Patrick..who though Hope was carrying his kid (ciara) maybe he wants ciara to be his daughter..or is getting revenge on bo..and another scenerio is stefano being bored and decided to start to torture the brady's again...what better than to h ave princess Gina come out in Hope again just as shes about to give the ransom up..bo's visions are messed up..so who knows...lol. its not hope he sees..its princess Gina..theyre making all the old storylines new again (IN A GOOD WAY!!!) SO WHY not princess gina.lol
either way..great storyline. told absolutely beautifally . love it.. :wave:

lastDays
Member Avatar

This COULD be a good storyline if we get conflict between Bo and Hope over Bo's carelessness in leaving Ciara at the carnival.Just dropping a little one off some place is risky.We could have Bo feeling guilty,and or Hopeblaming Bo.Unless Dean is revealed to be someone from their past,this kidnapping story has no real purpose,just like the dude who kidnapped Steph.Who gave a damn?Personally,I am tired of the standard kidnapping story too prevelent on soaps

strawberry1971

lastDays
Aug 19 2009, 09:33 AM
This COULD be a good storyline if we get conflict between Bo and Hope over Bo's carelessness in leaving Ciara at the carnival.Just dropping a little one off some place is risky.We could have Bo feeling guilty,and or Hopeblaming Bo.Unless Dean is revealed to be someone from their past,this kidnapping story has no real purpose,just like the dude who kidnapped Steph.Who gave a damn?Personally,I am tired of the standard kidnapping story too prevelent on soaps
I hope not. I hated their last storyline when they were fighting about his visions and she was all mad at him that he wasn't telling her about them. For them to fight about who did what will drive me crazy. I plan on ff through most of this anyway...

james0479
Member Avatar

Great article.....thanks for posting. I love KA...she's awesome at these kinds of stories and she is doing a great job!

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Part 2:

Kidnapped! The Wrap-Up

Bo and Hope have gotten their daughter Ciara back thank God but Hope believes its not thanks to Bo and his one-track mind. The kidnappers asked for ransom money and Hope was more than ready to give it to them Victor had provided it. Bo, however, had another idea. He ran off after Hope where she was supposed to make the exchange and she was furious with him. Why was he there? Bo told Hope he had "a gut feeling, which of course tips her off," Kristian told us. "He's had another vision. His visions don't always come true. He's not infallible. She's upset, disturbed, by his choice to do this. She basically calls him a liar. It has nothing to do with his gut. He had a vision. Why can't he just be honest?"

Of course, the vision that he had was of Ciara getting shot during the exchange. He was understandably terrified that that might come true, while Hope was just desperate to do whatever it took to get her daughter back. Back at the police station, Hope wanted to know what Bo's plan was. He knew what not to do; what could they do, instead? "Next thing we know," Kristian said, "he decides that he's not giving the ransom. The kidnappers call in and he grabs the phone and says you're never going to get the money. He's completely putting their daughter in harms' way. He thinks he's doing the right thing, but he's threatening the kidnappers; he's threatening the people that have our daughter. He can't see anything else. And he's jeopardizing her chances of surviving, especially by letting them know that they're never going to get the money. So she's upset about that."

In fact, Hope was very upset. Her upset, and desperation, grew when Bo made his next decision: he held a televised press conference and offered the $5 million of ransom money as a reward on the kidnappers' head! Hope was completely against it, but Bo, as Kristian put it, "cannot listen to anyone else. He goes out to do the press conference. Hope walks out with Justin to hear what he has to say, not wanting to be a part of it, AT ALL! She stands in the background, and Bo pulls her in. It's like The Godfather! They pull me back in! And the camera turns on Hope and it looks like she's a part of this, as well. He's turned the ransom money into a bounty on their heads now. And Hope asks what is their incentive, now, to give our daughter back? Safely and alive. He's given them nothing."

"Everything is starting to mount," Kristian continued. "We get a hit on the computer and find out that these kidnappers were staying at a hotel. And find out that one of the kidnappers is a registered sex offender. The blood just drains from her body. So they're off to the motel and find a map and one thing leads to another and we find our daughter. And, of course, Dean gets there before anyone." And Bo apparently thinks, "just because, thank God, they have her back, the slate is clean. The slate is NOT clean! She holds him responsible. He gambled with one of the most precious things in their lives. Ciara. And he was just so blinded by control? and he had to make all of the choices." Bo believes that Hope should be happy since they have Ciara home. Hope wonders what if it happened again? Bo put their daughter in the middle of a shoot-out and it doesn't look like she's going to be able to forgive him.

As for her littlest costar, Lauren Boles, who plays Ciara, Kristian has nothing but good things to say. "She's so, so wonderful," Kristian told us. "She's delicious. She's such a sweet, non-show girl. She's kind of in awe and having fun. We had all these fight scenes and everything and I had to hold her the whole time. I'd say, 'okay, are you ready? You're going to do this, then you're going to do that! Yell as loud as you can so your mom can hear you on the other side of the set!' She's such a good listener; she takes direction great. But what I'm most impressed with is how kind she is. She's so unaffected. She is just a sweet little girl. And I make her repeat things because I love hearing her voice. There are no "R"s in her vocabulary. So I'll have her repeat things all the time. After about the third time, she's caught onto me. She's a blast."

http://www.sonypictures.com/tv/shows/daysofourlives/news_events/detail_3940.html

nml1808

I agree. So many people are bagging Hope for being so angry at Bo over the Ciara kidnapping. But if you look at history.... this couple have already lost one child, and while Hope had forgiven Bo over his part in that... I am sure it would be infinitely harder to forget... Then to have this happen would have to bring the horror of Zacks death back. I can completely understand her reaction and anger. It might not necessarily be rational but when the only thought in your head is the possible loss of ANOTHER child who could blame you???

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply