Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Spoilers for wk of August 31st; *UPDATED 8/29*
Topic Started: Aug 18 2009, 10:05 PM (12,775 Views)
magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Well, we can agree to disagree!!! Galen is doing a great job and he and Sami have super chemistry on the show. I am sick of hearing EJ rant and rave and whine 24-7 over everything. He has gone beyond being evil!!!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MrsDimera

I agree, Ej has gone beyond evil. If he was a Saint he would have taken care of Rafe a long time ago. Thus sparing us from watching this crap.

daysknowitall
Member Avatar

Ej's gone soft. At least I use to like him when he was evil but he even sux at that now. Talk about boring he's like Mr. Freakin' Clever now. Ej's character is ruined. I say bring on some new evilness! I'd be pimpin' Rafe too if I were DAYS b/c he's the only character of date who has been interesting, even Sami isn't her outstanding self (with the exception of the Grace dying s/l which her n Galen knocked out of the ballpark). I'd rather watch RAFE talk to a soccerball like Tom Hanks than I had see Ej pushing around strollers all day... :laugh:
Edited by daysknowitall, Aug 26 2009, 03:19 PM.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

At least Rafe has a clue as to what is going on here. How many times has EJ heard Nicole say things and do things that don't make sense and he still lets it go????

Rafe is the only interesting character right now.
I like the new Sami, but they need to put her in the mode of wondering what is going on,too. Finally, yesterday, I think she got a clue with the call from Dr. Baker and both Lucas and Rafe warning her about Nicole's friendship. I realize she is still grieving, but they need to move her on already.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Aug 27 2009, 08:03 AM
At least Rafe has a clue as to what is going on here. How many times has EJ heard Nicole say things and do things that don't make sense and he still lets it go????

I like the new Sami, but they need to put her in the mode of wondering what is going on,too. Finally, yesterday, I think she got a clue with the call from Dr. Baker and both Lucas and Rafe warning her about Nicole's friendship. I realize she is still grieving, but they need to move her on already.
DUH!And why is Ej being so stupid??TO PIMP,GG...good grief...its not hard to figure out.And the boy needs all the pimping he can get.TOMLIN,,GG 's,bud...is running this show..if Ed Scott were still running it,,Ej would still have his brains.And Tomlins OBVIOUS love of GG,is ruining this show.Demos are at record lows...whispers yesterday,that DOOL might not get renewed,,and in its place a reality show..and for the record..James Scott can do freakin LAPS around the park with Sydney,,and emote more emotion than GG can do in an entire show.Sami is a bad girl,,born and bred,,and I and many,many others do not want to see her try and be Marlena...cause she never will be,no matter what those hacks write..As for interesting,well I have standards I suppose..I like my actors to do more than look pretty,and mumble their way through their scripts.Ej,and everyone in this baby switch have been sacrificed,for that twit RAFE

Manda1

EjsGaGirl
Aug 27 2009, 08:37 AM
magicsteacher

DUH!And why is Ej being so stupid??TO PIMP,GG...good grief...its not hard to figure out.And the boy needs all the pimping he can get.TOMLIN,,GG 's,bud...is running this show..if Ed Scott were still running it,,Ej would still have his brains.And Tomlins OBVIOUS love of GG,is ruining this show.Demos are at record lows...whispers yesterday,that DOOL might not get renewed,,and in its place a reality show..and for the record..James Scott can do freakin LAPS around the park with Sydney,,and emote more emotion than GG can do in an entire show.Sami is a bad girl,,born and bred,,and I and many,many others do not want to see her try and be Marlena...cause she never will be,no matter what those hacks write..As for interesting,well I have standards I suppose..I like my actors to do more than look pretty,and mumble their way through their scripts.Ej,and everyone in this baby switch have been sacrificed,for that twit RAFE
Sorry but EJ was being a twit long before he and Rafe even had a scene together. Nicole got through 3-4 months of rubber belly pasted on without EJ knowing and this was happening when Rafe was no where near them or their storyline at the time. If anything EJ has been looking silly to pimp Nicole and Stephano as great plotters and schemers behind his back IMO. We can count the scenes he's had with Rafe on one hand...

Rafe came to Salem in March and by June the 'Grace' is your baby story came out. Rafe doesn't even know that Syndney is Sami's and not Nicole's either - however he does have an investigative background so it makes sense that whearas EJ might let things go with Nicole that don't quite compute Rafe won't because he was 'trained' to suspect anything that doesn't make sense or seems highly improbable i.e. Nicole bawling over Grace's grave and death and suddenly being best buds with Sami! The funny thing is EJ seems oblivious to something being up with the 'new' friendship between his ex and current wife. Nicole just wraps him around her finger and talks him out of all of his supicisions - He's going to be really mad at her betrayal because she trusts that she's being honest with him about Sydney at least.

Beth
Member Avatar

GG was always boring and dry as an actor. Sami can make any relationship look good; she's developed a deep friendship with Lucas that could be developed into a great relationship again although BD has sort of let himself go physically. She has a passion with EJ that sets the screen on fire and with GG she finally has been totally honest with someone. Too bad we can't role then all into one man; the perfect man. I know we could call him LuRaVis (LUcas/RAfe/elVIS)

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

SOW Spoilers
-Daniel sneaks in to see Chloe.
-EJ and Lexie worry about Stefano's health.
-Hope and Bo argue over the reward money.
-Victor grows suspicious of Arianna.
-Kate urges Lucas to honor Chloe's living will.

Can't Miss:Tuesday, September 1st
Brady and Arianna make love.

oldschoolfan

Angie79
Aug 27 2009, 05:43 PM
SOW Spoilers
-Daniel sneaks in to see Chloe.
-EJ and Lexie worry about Stefano's health.
-Hope and Bo argue over the reward money.
-Victor grows suspicious of Arianna.
-Kate urges Lucas to honor Chloe's living will.

Can't Miss:Tuesday, September 1st
Brady and Arianna make love.

Looks like they brought Lindsay back just in time to throw Arrianna and Brady in the sack.
Edited by oldschoolfan, Aug 28 2009, 07:03 AM.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Manda1
Aug 27 2009, 09:44 AM
EjsGaGirl
magicsteacher

Sorry but EJ was being a twit long before he and Rafe even had a scene together. Nicole got through 3-4 months of rubber belly pasted on without EJ knowing and this was happening when Rafe was no where near them or their storyline at the time. If anything EJ has been looking silly to pimp Nicole and Stephano as great plotters and schemers behind his back IMO. We can count the scenes he's had with Rafe on one hand...

Rafe came to Salem in March and by June the 'Grace' is your baby story came out. Rafe doesn't even know that Syndney is Sami's and not Nicole's either - however he does have an investigative background so it makes sense that whearas EJ might let things go with Nicole that don't quite compute Rafe won't because he was 'trained' to suspect anything that doesn't make sense or seems highly improbable i.e. Nicole bawling over Grace's grave and death and suddenly being best buds with Sami! The funny thing is EJ seems oblivious to something being up with the 'new' friendship between his ex and current wife. Nicole just wraps him around her finger and talks him out of all of his supicisions - He's going to be really mad at her betrayal because she trusts that she's being honest with him about Sydney at least.
EJ is being dumbed down to pimp GG?? Pulease. EJ has been a twit for so long now, I can't even remember. He and Rafe don't even have many scenes together and who is the one of them that always backs down-- it ain't Rafe!!
I think it must have been-- what 4 months before they even had a scene together-- what was EJ's excuse then? Who was dumbing him down then to pimp who then?
Tomlin likes GG and is pleased with the way he is playing the part of Rafe-- he is the exec producer. Could it be that he likes him b/c he is doing a good job?
As far as ratings go-- come on now, you aren't really saying that they are down just b/c of GG are you? What about the stupid s/l with the body drawer and Stephanie; the dumb poisoning story with Chloe and Kate? Not to mention letting the vets go and the poor writing that is being done? None of that is GG's fault, but yet people seem to want to blame him for it all. No way, no how.

As for interesting-- I have my standards too. And IMO, blackmail, murder, and kidnapping and various other felonies don't qualify as interesting. Having someone who is decent and upright with Sami for a change is interesting. She may never be Marlena, but she is a better person now.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

i don't think ej is being dumbed down to pimp rafe--ej has been an idiot for quite a while now. that being said, i do not understand why it was decided that rafe should oust nicole. look at characters like mia, for example. her sole purpose on this show was to further the baby switch storyline. she, in conjunction with brady, could find out the truth about nicole and expose her, since she and brady together are privy to a lot of suspicious behavior on nicole's part. rafe, on the other hand, knows nothing. the info that he's broken every law in the book to get is info that all of the players in this storyline already know. it's not a shock to anyone that nicole gave birth the same night sami did--sami already knows grace and sydney shared a birthday. it's also not a surprise that sami wasn't registered at the clinic, or that she didn't see nicole or ej--as rafe knows himself, sami only gave birth at the clinic because she and rafe were on the run from the hitman. also, as he knows, she took off from the clinic with the baby shortly after she gave birth. he was the one that had a birth certificate forged, so of course, sami couldn't have been on record at the hospital.

so instead of having people already involved in this storyline put something interesting together, we have to watch a month's worth of episodes of rafe putting together a bunch of stuff that really doesn't mean anything. the writers are forcing it to mean something by having him come up with ridiculous accusations/conclusions that make no sense--like nicole did somthing to grace(yeah, you're right rafe. she found a strain of meningitis that incubates in a child's body for six months before it attacks and kills). watching scenes with him telling nicole that his and sami's relationship is none of her business as he steals her phone in the next breath to snoop on her calls makes me sick. i mean, really, who likes a hypocritical good guy? how good of a law enforcement officer are you really if you have to stoop to the level of a criminal to get things to work out the way you want them to? not to mention that rafe is so gung-ho on protecting sami, claiming he loves her so much, but he doesn't even trust her enough or care for her enough to tell her what happened to his ex-fiancee. this girl was killed in a car crash, but no one has the right to question him about that, not even the woman he supposedly wants to spend the rest of his life with. however, he has the perfect right to snoop into a stranger's life to throw the heat off of himself and get himself back into sami's good graces.

in conclusion, rafe is the worst character ever. there is nothing likeable about him, whether you root for the good guys or the bad guys.

Edited by luvpumpkns, Aug 28 2009, 08:28 AM.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

luvpumpkns
Aug 28 2009, 08:23 AM
so instead of having people already involved in this storyline put something interesting together, we have to watch a month's worth of episodes of rafe putting together a bunch of stuff that really doesn't mean anything. the writers are forcing it to mean something by having him come up with ridiculous accusations/conclusions that make no sense--like nicole did somthing to grace(yeah, you're right rafe. she found a strain of meningitis that incubates in a child's body for six months before it attacks and kills).
I agree that Rafe is the person who in many ways is the most puzzling and random person to put all the pieces together. There are other people involved who have more at stake and who have more information that would logically make them suspicious: EJ, Brady, and Mia. I don't have a problem with Sami not being suspicious at this time because she really has no reason to be, but even if it were her doing what Rafe was doing, even with as little grounds for suspicion as she has, I wouldn't mind it because at least we could say, well, months ago she seemed to be feeling something special for Sydney (though they haven't stressed that in ages).

As for why they decided to have Rafe figure it out, it does feel to me like there is some tinkering going on behind the scenes. My guess is that they think Sami and Rafe are popular, based on their research and feedback--I've already made my stance on how unreliable message boards are to gauge audience opinion abundantly clear in the past so I won't repeat it here--and that therefore they are shaping the reveal of the story to strengthen Sami and Rafe as a couple. From Corday's fall preview I have to assume that the reason Rafe doesn't tell Sami when he puts it all together is that he's physically prevented from doing so, but I was also interested (though I'm not a Sami/Rafe fan--since I loathe Sami it's kinda hard to like any of her pairings, lol) to see that Sami is also independently putting together some information and I was rather surprised to see that she also sees the presumably dead Dr. Baker. In the meantime, I don't see EJ involved in figuring anything out other than repeatedly asking Nicole what she's hiding and then forgetting about it, lather, rinse, repeat.

Though I'm not exactly a Rafe fan, I don't particularly mind him and as long as someone figures out the switch and puts an end to this story and lets the players in it have another story to be in, I'll deal.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

i agree with you that the point of all this seems to be to strengthen sami and rafe's bond even though he isn't being forthcoming about what happened to emily. it's not that i dislike a sami/rafe pairing, i just dislike rafe. i don't think his motivations are pure; i think he just wants to get sami to forgive him and drop her questions about emily. i think he thinks that if he can just get sami to be angry at nicole and baker, that he can divert attention from himself and his own past. that's the only way i can make sense of what rafe is doing, and why he thinks it's ok to snoop on nicole all while doing his damndest to make sure no one finds out the truth about emily. if he was really so concerned about sami's well-being and really loved her as much as he claims, he would trust her enough to tell her the truth. since he doesn't, i have no choice but to find his recent behavior loathsome, and his justification for snooping on nicole to be nonsensical, at best.

perhaps at the end of the day, this storyline is just the writers way of finding something for rafe to do, since the emily/meredith saga seems to have been dropped for now. unfortunately, rafe went from being a character that i could like to one that i can't stand in the process.

jane1978

Paxton
Aug 28 2009, 09:29 AM
luvpumpkns
so instead of having people already involved in this storyline put something interesting together, we have to watch a month's worth of episodes of rafe putting together a bunch of stuff that really doesn't mean anything. the writers are forcing it to mean something by having him come up with ridiculous accusations/conclusions that make no sense--like nicole did somthing to grace(yeah, you're right rafe. she found a strain of meningitis that incubates in a child's body for six months before it attacks and kills).
I agree that Rafe is the person who in many ways is the most puzzling and random person to put all the pieces together. There are other people involved who have more at stake and who have more information that would logically make them suspicious: EJ, Brady, and Mia. I don't have a problem with Sami not being suspicious at this time because she really has no reason to be, but even if it were her doing what Rafe was doing, even with as little grounds for suspicion as she has, I wouldn't mind it because at least we could say, well, months ago she seemed to be feeling something special for Sydney (though they haven't stressed that in ages).

As for why they decided to have Rafe figure it out, it does feel to me like there is some tinkering going on behind the scenes. My guess is that they think Sami and Rafe are popular, based on their research and feedback--I've already made my stance on how unreliable message boards are to gauge audience opinion abundantly clear in the past so I won't repeat it here--and that therefore they are shaping the reveal of the story to strengthen Sami and Rafe as a couple. From Corday's fall preview I have to assume that the reason Rafe doesn't tell Sami when he puts it all together is that he's physically prevented from doing so, but I was also interested (though I'm not a Sami/Rafe fan--since I loathe Sami it's kinda hard to like any of her pairings, lol) to see that Sami is also independently putting together some information and I was rather surprised to see that she also sees the presumably dead Dr. Baker. In the meantime, I don't see EJ involved in figuring anything out other than repeatedly asking Nicole what she's hiding and then forgetting about it, lather, rinse, repeat.

Though I'm not exactly a Rafe fan, I don't particularly mind him and as long as someone figures out the switch and puts an end to this story and lets the players in it have another story to be in, I'll deal.
I really donīt want to get into Safe vs. Ejami debate, but IMO from writers standpoint they need Sami and Rafe really together and ideally on the way to happiness before EJ finds out. You need the conflict as strong as possible and the best way to accomplish it is when Sami will be already fully involved in a new relationship. This is not and never was a happy reunion story about EJ and Sami loosing their girl and finally discovering she is still alive.

As for EJ, itīs not like he is completely left out. He will have on a lot on his plate as well, with Nicol, Mia, Chad, Stefano and everybody involved in the fake miscarrage/baby replacement story. Thatīs the part of the reveal she needs to be play out first and I think DAYS is smart to isolate this part from the rest so we can first see EJīs reaction on the betrayal and later give him some hope again.

MrsDimera

Thanks Angie!

Quote:

Hope and Bo argue over the reward money.

Let me guess...Hope wants to give it to Dean, the Hero. Bo says no, Dean was just doing his job.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

MrsDimera
Aug 28 2009, 11:23 AM
Thanks Angie!

Quote:

Hope and Bo argue over the reward money.

Let me guess...Hope wants to give it to Dean, the Hero. Bo says no, Dean was just doing his job.
hmm, that would actually be interesting considering that the focus of dean's rage over his failed job prospects is hope.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Aug 28 2009, 08:00 AM
Manda1
EjsGaGirl

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep

EJ is being dumbed down to pimp GG?? Pulease. EJ has been a twit for so long now, I can't even remember. He and Rafe don't even have many scenes together and who is the one of them that always backs down-- it ain't Rafe!!
I think it must have been-- what 4 months before they even had a scene together-- what was EJ's excuse then? Who was dumbing him down then to pimp who then?
Tomlin likes GG and is pleased with the way he is playing the part of Rafe-- he is the exec producer. Could it be that he likes him b/c he is doing a good job?
As far as ratings go-- come on now, you aren't really saying that they are down just b/c of GG are you? What about the stupid s/l with the body drawer and Stephanie; the dumb poisoning story with Chloe and Kate? Not to mention letting the vets go and the poor writing that is being done? None of that is GG's fault, but yet people seem to want to blame him for it all. No way, no how.

As for interesting-- I have my standards too. And IMO, blackmail, murder, and kidnapping and various other felonies don't qualify as interesting. Having someone who is decent and upright with Sami for a change is interesting. She may never be Marlena, but she is a better person now.
Frankly I do not care what you believe,,I know what I think.Ej got the stupids,when Sami went in WP,with that boring ass,LAME mumbling baffoon...and Lucas has completely removed from his kids life,to pimp that bore.When he was brought on,,our vets got canned.Thaao said,Tomlin had a new vision for the show,,evidently,,to turn it into Passions 2.And when I mentioned standards,dear..I was referring to the ACTING of the actors,not the characters,,so sorry,you misunderstood,tho I will say,if I am going to watch a soap,I would prefer my characters,to actually be interesting,and not mumble and stare off into space.Sami had someone decent and upright,,and that was Lucas,,but then BD was thrown to the wolves for GG as well,wasn't he?? :hmmph:

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

luvpumpkns
i don't think ej is being dumbed down to pimp rafe--ej has been an idiot for quite a while now. that being said, i do not understand why it was decided that rafe should oust nicole. look at characters like mia, for example. her sole purpose on this show was to further the baby switch storyline. she, in conjunction with brady, could find out the truth about nicole and expose her, since she and brady together are privy to a lot of suspicious behavior on nicole's part. rafe, on the other hand, knows nothing. the info that he's broken every law in the book to get is info that all of the players in this storyline already know. it's not a shock to anyone that nicole gave birth the same night sami did--sami already knows grace and sydney shared a birthday. it's also not a surprise that sami wasn't registered at the clinic, or that she didn't see nicole or ej--as rafe knows himself, sami only gave birth at the clinic because she and rafe were on the run from the hitman. also, as he knows, she took off from the clinic with the baby shortly after she gave birth. he was the one that had a birth certificate forged, so of course, sami couldn't have been on record at the hospital.

so instead of having people already involved in this storyline put something interesting together, we have to watch a month's worth of episodes of rafe putting together a bunch of stuff that really doesn't mean anything. the writers are forcing it to mean something by having him come up with ridiculous accusations/conclusions that make no sense--like nicole did somthing to grace(yeah, you're right rafe. she found a strain of meningitis that incubates in a child's body for six months before it attacks and kills). watching scenes with him telling nicole that his and sami's relationship is none of her business as he steals her phone in the next breath to snoop on her calls makes me sick. i mean, really, who likes a hypocritical good guy? how good of a law enforcement officer are you really if you have to stoop to the level of a criminal to get things to work out the way you want them to? not to mention that rafe is so gung-ho on protecting sami, claiming he loves her so much, but he doesn't even trust her enough or care for her enough to tell her what happened to his ex-fiancee. this girl was killed in a car crash, but no one has the right to question him about that, not even the woman he supposedly wants to spend the rest of his life with. however, he has the perfect right to snoop into a stranger's life to throw the heat off of himself and get himself back into sami's good graces.

in conclusion, rafe is the worst character ever. there is nothing likeable about him, whether you root for the good guys or the bad guys.

Thank you..finally someone who gets my freakin point!

jane1978

EjsGaGirl
Aug 28 2009, 12:10 PM
magicsteacher
Aug 28 2009, 08:00 AM
Manda1

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep really mad at her betrayal because she trusts that she's being honest with him about Sydney at least.

Frankly I do not care what you believe,,I know what I think.Ej got the stupids,when Sami went in WP,with that boring ass,LAME mumbling baffoon...and Lucas has completely removed from his kids life,to pimp that bore.When he was brought on,,our vets got canned.Thaao said,Tomlin had a new vision for the show,,evidently,,to turn it into Passions 2.And when I mentioned standards,dear..I was referring to the ACTING of the actors,not the characters,,so sorry,you misunderstood,tho I will say,if I am going to watch a soap,I would prefer my characters,to actually be interesting,and not mumble and stare off into space.Sami had someone decent and upright,,and that was Lucas,,but then BD was thrown to the wolves for GG as well,wasn't he?? :hmmph:
I think this is a little biased. Letīs not forget EJ is a relative newbie too. Three years ago he was nobody, yet Sheffer was pushing him and his love/hate "romance" with Sami much more than Tomlin is doing with Rafe. Not only we had to endure the Colleen/Santo nonsense, but most of the year it was the only real story of the show. Everything else just went nowhere. Almost every episode featured either Sami and EJ fighting about their relationship, Lucas fighting with Sami about her feelings for EJ, or EJ and Lucas fighting with each other. Atleast this time there are actually some real storylines and the show consists more than characters talking about their "feelings".

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Paxton
Aug 28 2009, 09:29 AM
luvpumpkns

From what I read, Meredith returns to Salem-- probably brought by Stefano. She drugs Rafe and kidnaps him until he will admit that he killed her sister, Emily. Meredith is supposed to be a nut case. This is where the Emily story comes back in and I think I heard that that was around the end of October. By this time, Rafe has figured out the entire babyswitch deal, but can't tell Sami b/c of the kidnapping.

I don't honestly think anyone knew what they were going to do with the character of Rafe or Sami and Rafe as a couple on DAYS. They waited to see how popular they were and then went from there. Now that they have become popular, they are giving him a background and he probably will end up being on the Salem PD. I remember when he first applied to be on the PD, Bo and Roman both said he was a cop who didn't do things by the book, so I am not surprised at the things he is doing to get info.

Please don't say that the vets were fired b/c of GG. They were fired b/c of money and budget issues. How has Lucas been removed from his kids' lives,other than by his own choice? He was the one who didn't come to Grace's funeral, and who spent no time with Will after her death and decided Will should live with Caroline instead of him. Rafe didn't have anything to do with any of that or his decision to marry Chloe-- to me that is when he got dumbed down and it didn't have anything to do with either Sami or Rafe.

I also heard that Tomlin and Corday had a new direction in mind for the show with the new and younger characters. I am not sure that I agree with letting the vets go, although I do think that some of their s/l were old and what more could you do with them.

Again, if the exec producer and writers are pleased with the way GG is acting the part of Rafe, what is he supposed to do about it? Tell them they're wrong??

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply