Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Spoilers for wk of August 31st; *UPDATED 8/29*
Topic Started: Aug 18 2009, 10:05 PM (12,758 Views)
magicsteacher
Member Avatar

jane1978
Aug 28 2009, 12:33 PM
EjsGaGirl
Aug 28 2009, 12:10 PM
magicsteacher
Aug 28 2009, 08:00 AM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep really
Frankly I do not care what you believe,,I know what I think.Ej got the stupids,when Sami went in WP,with that boring ass,LAME mumbling baffoon...and Lucas has completely removed from his kids life,to pimp that bore.When he was brought on,,our vets got canned.Thaao said,Tomlin had a new vision for the show,,evidently,,to turn it into Passions 2.And when I mentioned standards,dear..I was referring to the ACTING of the actors,not the characters,,so sorry,you misunderstood,tho I will say,if I am going to watch a soap,I would prefer my characters,to actually be interesting,and not mumble and stare off into space.Sami had someone decent and upright,,and that was Lucas,,but then BD was thrown to the wolves for GG as well,wasn't he?? :hmmph:
I think this is a little biased. Letīs not forget EJ is a relative newbie too. Three years ago he was nobody, yet Sheffer was pushing him and his love/hate "romance" with Sami much more than Tomlin is doing with Rafe. Not only we had to endure the Colleen/Santo nonsense, but most of the year it was the only real story of the show. Everything else just went nowhere. Almost every episode featured either Sami and EJ fighting about their relationship, Lucas fighting with Sami about her feelings for EJ, or EJ and Lucas fighting with each other. Atleast this time there are actually some real storylines and the show consists more than characters talking about their "feelings".
ITA with you!!! People forget that it was EJ, EJ, EJ all the time and now that Sami has a new man, fans are upset.
And you are right-- EJ was shoved down our throats as soon as he came into Salem. I can't stand the ranting and raving that goes on between them all the time. What a lovely way for kids to grow up--just like Stefano and the Dimera mansion.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Aug 28 2009, 12:50 PM
Please don't say that the vets were fired b/c of GG. They were fired b/c of money and budget issues. How has Lucas been removed from his kids' lives,other than by his own choice? He was the one who didn't come to Grace's funeral, and who spent no time with Will after her death and decided Will should live with Caroline instead of him. Rafe didn't have anything to do with any of that or his decision to marry Chloe-- to me that is when he got dumbed down and it didn't have anything to do with either Sami or Rafe.

i actually think it's pretty fair for BD fans to make the argument that lucas has been pushed aside to make room for rafe. it's not like lucas the character purposely wasn't there for sami--he wasn't around because the writers wanted rafe to play that role. nothing more and nothing less.

i really can't speak to the popularity of sami and rafe. all i know is that i personally do not care for the character of rafe, who to me is just a carbon copy of luis from passions. i was willing to give him a chance and did give him a chance until the writers inserted him into the babyswitch storyline, a storyline he simply does not belong in for all the reasons i've listed on this thread and in others.

i think the misake that was made initially was only allowing rafe to be involved in sami and her drama. he could have a role in his sister's drug story, which actually makes sense to me, but for some reason, rafe only serves as a vehicle for sami's storylines. i think that's a mistake, and in the case of his ridiculous accusations when it comes to nicole(and on the same hand, his utter refusal to be honest with the woman he supposedly loves), it only serves to hurt the character's development and likeablility factor. again, that's just me. obviously rafe has his fans. i'm just speaking as a person that was completely indifferent to the character and actor before he appeared on days. nothing they've done thus far with rafe makes me like him. in fact, i feel quite the opposite.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

luvpumpkns
Aug 28 2009, 08:23 AM
i don't think ej is being dumbed down to pimp rafe--ej has been an idiot for quite a while now. that being said, i do not understand why it was decided that rafe should oust nicole. look at characters like mia, for example. her sole purpose on this show was to further the baby switch storyline. she, in conjunction with brady, could find out the truth about nicole and expose her, since she and brady together are privy to a lot of suspicious behavior on nicole's part. rafe, on the other hand, knows nothing. the info that he's broken every law in the book to get is info that all of the players in this storyline already know. it's not a shock to anyone that nicole gave birth the same night sami did--sami already knows grace and sydney shared a birthday. it's also not a surprise that sami wasn't registered at the clinic, or that she didn't see nicole or ej--as rafe knows himself, sami only gave birth at the clinic because she and rafe were on the run from the hitman. also, as he knows, she took off from the clinic with the baby shortly after she gave birth. he was the one that had a birth certificate forged, so of course, sami couldn't have been on record at the hospital.

so instead of having people already involved in this storyline put something interesting together, we have to watch a month's worth of episodes of rafe putting together a bunch of stuff that really doesn't mean anything. the writers are forcing it to mean something by having him come up with ridiculous accusations/conclusions that make no sense--like nicole did somthing to grace(yeah, you're right rafe. she found a strain of meningitis that incubates in a child's body for six months before it attacks and kills). watching scenes with him telling nicole that his and sami's relationship is none of her business as he steals her phone in the next breath to snoop on her calls makes me sick. i mean, really, who likes a hypocritical good guy? how good of a law enforcement officer are you really if you have to stoop to the level of a criminal to get things to work out the way you want them to? not to mention that rafe is so gung-ho on protecting sami, claiming he loves her so much, but he doesn't even trust her enough or care for her enough to tell her what happened to his ex-fiancee. this girl was killed in a car crash, but no one has the right to question him about that, not even the woman he supposedly wants to spend the rest of his life with. however, he has the perfect right to snoop into a stranger's life to throw the heat off of himself and get himself back into sami's good graces.

in conclusion, rafe is the worst character ever. there is nothing likeable about him, whether you root for the good guys or the bad guys.

Oh my God....WORD!!!! :hail: :hail: :hail:

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Aug 26 2009, 08:52 AM

Rafe and Sami are soulmates through and through and nothing is going to change that.
Except the flick of the writer's pen. :lol:

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

jane1978
Aug 28 2009, 12:33 PM
EjsGaGirl
Aug 28 2009, 12:10 PM
magicsteacher
Aug 28 2009, 08:00 AM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep really
Frankly I do not care what you believe,,I know what I think.Ej got the stupids,when Sami went in WP,with that boring ass,LAME mumbling baffoon...and Lucas has completely removed from his kids life,to pimp that bore.When he was brought on,,our vets got canned.Thaao said,Tomlin had a new vision for the show,,evidently,,to turn it into Passions 2.And when I mentioned standards,dear..I was referring to the ACTING of the actors,not the characters,,so sorry,you misunderstood,tho I will say,if I am going to watch a soap,I would prefer my characters,to actually be interesting,and not mumble and stare off into space.Sami had someone decent and upright,,and that was Lucas,,but then BD was thrown to the wolves for GG as well,wasn't he?? :hmmph:
I think this is a little biased. Letīs not forget EJ is a relative newbie too. Three years ago he was nobody, yet Sheffer was pushing him and his love/hate "romance" with Sami much more than Tomlin is doing with Rafe. Not only we had to endure the Colleen/Santo nonsense, but most of the year it was the only real story of the show. Everything else just went nowhere. Almost every episode featured either Sami and EJ fighting about their relationship, Lucas fighting with Sami about her feelings for EJ, or EJ and Lucas fighting with each other. Atleast this time there are actually some real storylines and the show consists more than characters talking about their "feelings".
Eh,if you chose to believe that,,thats fine with me,,I do not care.But its not bias.If it were I would not be defending BD now would I??

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Aug 28 2009, 01:45 PM
magicsteacher
Aug 26 2009, 08:52 AM

Rafe and Sami are soulmates through and through and nothing is going to change that.
Except the flick of the writer's pen. :lol:
Waiting!! :smile:

kitkat
Member Avatar

EJ & Sami

Sami & Lucas

Sami & Rafe

EJ was a bad boy raised completely evil, and sent to Salem to do two things-- torture the Brady family and impregnate Sami Brady. This is not my opinion this is what has been admitted to on the show by Stefano DiMera. What Stefano did not account for was EJ falling for Sami, a bad girl with a heart of pure gold...
Sami was a woman, in a relationship that she had desired since she was young, but was not one of love, and she knew it. She was in love with her brother-in-law her childhood friend, her best friend. She was befriended by a guy who called himself her friend protecting her from a black mailer, when in fact the black mailer was him. She finally came back to the friend she was in love with, but was then made to believe she was the reincarnation of her aunt, which wasn't true, her aunt was very much alive. All this time still being tortured by the black glove killer, EJ. Forced into marriage, her man gets himself thrown in jail. She is left alone and out of lonliness turns to EJ, a kindred spirit she believes. Only to have him betray her again, all facts EJAMI lovers I am afraid.

Sami's best friends name is Lucas. The man that has been through it all with her, the ups and the down. Loving her in the ups and despising her in the down, but always backed by love. He is the love of her life. But she has one thing she desires more than him, to protect her family and have their admiration. So to save her family, she divorces him & marrys the man she's being forced to be with.
Lucas has always stuck by Sami, but with stipulations-- I'll will always love you if you... She is forced from their marriage bed, into the arms of another man. And out of hate of EJ and the need to protect Sami, he shoots the bridegroom in the back. And then he proceeds to push Sami out of his life, and into Ej's arms. When he comes back, instead of digging in and fighting for the woman he loves he wimps out and falls for a lying anti-Sami.

Sami is now alone, she doesn't want to be with EJ. She doesn't have Lucas. She is alone and scared and pregnant. She witnesses something gruesome and is pushed into WP by EJ & Lucas. The first agent is a vegan jerk, the second runs her mouth continually, and on halloween a man comes knocking at the door scareing her to death, her knew agent Rafe. She instantly dislikes him and is also stunned by him. Before she has turned around twice she finds herself liking him, and worrying about him everytime he walks out the door. A man very similar to herself, loving yet difficult, with a heart of pure gold. Soon she discovers she's in love with him and he's her soulmate.
Rafe was a man in a bad place with only his job to keep him company, riddled with the past. He believes his heart died along time ago, til he meets Sami. A woman who drives him crazy since day one, til he finds out he loves the craziness. She saves from a plight worse than death, a loveless life. She amazes him, with her loving soul and wild spirit. He finds himself wanting to keep her and her baby continuallly safe, no matter what it takes. Once the bad guy is killed, and after spending time with Sami he realizes what she wants more than anything is to give her child a family... A real family, what he desires more than anything, he offers it to her and she jumps on it & him. He know she's his soul mate & their meeting was not a coincidence it was fate. But his need to protect & keep her safe tears them apart.

Just had to say it... Sum it up... once and for all.

Sami the hero, she sure saved Rafe several times and here she goes doing it again... It has been said on other spoilers that the frame up that is attempted on Rafe for Dr. Baker's death is a Stefano DiMera special-- he just didn't count on Sami saving his skin.

And by the by, NICOLE DID DO SOMETHING HORRIBLE TO GRACE SHE TOOK HER FROM HER MOTHER, SWORE TO LOVE HER AND RAISE HER, AND THEN SHE GAVE HER AWAY-- AND STOLE ANOTHER BABY. NOT EVEN LETTING THE REAL MOTHER KNOW HER DAUGHTER IS DEAD. Rafe knows she did something bad to Grace, he just doesn't know what ,but we do.

Edited by kitkat, Aug 30 2009, 01:50 AM.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

More Daily Spoilers

Monday, August 31st
Kate urges Lucas to honor Chloe's living will; Brady and Arianna enjoy a late-night swim; EJ demands to know what secrets Nicole's keeping from him.

Tuesday, September 1st
Stefano finds Dr. Baker's attorney; Sami tells Rafe about Dr. Baker's call and her sense that he may have had something to do with Grace's death; Victor catches Arianna and Brady together.

Wednesday, September 2nd
Daniel sneaks into Kate's room to find damning evidence against her; Arianna demands to meet the big boss behind her drug operation; Philip proposes to Stephanie again.

Thursday, September 3rd
Stephanie and Philip make love; Daniel is discovered by Kate on his way out of her room; Ciara has a bad dream; Bo and Hope try to be civil with one another, but are unsuccessful.

Friday, September 4th
Rafe confronts Dr. Baker's lawyer about the letter to Sami; Chad enlists Kinsey in a plot to steal Mia's diary; Stefano tells EJ that he's nearly ready to hand over the family business to him; Philip prepares to go out of town for a job interview.[/b]

angmc
Member Avatar

kitkat
Aug 30 2009, 01:47 AM
EJ & Sami

Sami & Lucas

Sami & Rafe

EJ was a bad boy raised completely evil, and sent to Salem to do two things-- torture the Brady family and impregnate Sami Brady. This is not my opinion this is what has been admitted to on the show by Stefano DiMera. What Stefano did not account for was EJ falling for Sami, a bad girl with a heart of pure gold...
Sami was a woman, in a relationship that she had desired since she was young, but was not one of love, and she knew it. She was in love with her brother-in-law her childhood friend, her best friend. She was befriended by a guy who called himself her friend protecting her from a black mailer, when in fact the black mailer was him. She finally came back to the friend she was in love with, but was then made to believe she was the reincarnation of her aunt, which wasn't true, her aunt was very much alive. All this time still being tortured by the black glove killer, EJ. Forced into marriage, her man gets himself thrown in jail. She is left alone and out of lonliness turns to EJ, a kindred spirit she believes. Only to have him betray her again, all facts EJAMI lovers I am afraid.

Sami's best friends name is Lucas. The man that has been through it all with her, the ups and the down. Loving her in the ups and despising her in the down, but always backed by love. He is the love of her life. But she has one thing she desires more than him, to protect her family and have their admiration. So to save her family, she divorces him & marrys the man she's being forced to be with.
Lucas has always stuck by Sami, but with stipulations-- I'll will always love you if you... She is forced from their marriage bed, into the arms of another man. And out of hate of EJ and the need to protect Sami, he shoots the bridegroom in the back. And then he proceeds to push Sami out of his life, and into Ej's arms. When he comes back, instead of digging in and fighting for the woman he loves he wimps out and falls for a lying anti-Sami.

Sami is now alone, she doesn't want to be with EJ. She doesn't have Lucas. She is alone and scared and pregnant. She witnesses something gruesome and is pushed into WP by EJ & Lucas. The first agent is a vegan jerk, the second runs her mouth continually, and on halloween a man comes knocking at the door scareing her to death, her knew agent Rafe. She instantly dislikes him and is also stunned by him. Before she has turned around twice she finds herself liking him, and worrying about him everytime he walks out the door. A man very similar to herself, loving yet difficult, with a heart of pure gold. Soon she discovers she's in love with him and he's her soulmate.
Rafe was a man in a bad place with only his job to keep him company, riddled with the past. He believes his heart died along time ago, til he meets Sami. A woman who drives him crazy since day one, til he finds out he loves the craziness. She saves from a plight worse than death, a loveless life. She amazes him, with her loving soul and wild spirit. He finds himself wanting to keep her and her baby continuallly safe, no matter what it takes. Once the bad guy is killed, and after spending time with Sami he realizes what she wants more than anything is to give her child a family... A real family, what he desires more than anything, he offers it to her and she jumps on it & him. He know she's his soul mate & their meeting was not a coincidence it was fate. But his need to protect & keep her safe tears them apart.

Sami the hero, she sure saved Rafe several times and here she goes doing it again... It has been said on other spoilers that the frame up that is attempted on Rafe for Dr. Baker's death is a Stefano DiMera special-- he just didn't count on Sami saving his skin.

And by the by, NICOLE DID DO SOMETHING HORRIBLE TO GRACE SHE TOOK HER FROM HER MOTHER, SWORE TO LOVE HER AND RAISE HER, AND THEN SHE GAVE HER AWAY-- AND STOLE ANOTHER BABY. NOT EVEN LETTING THE REAL MOTHER KNOW HER DAUGHTER IS DEAD. Rafe knows she did something bad to Grace, he just doesn't know what ,but we do.

Wrong on so many accounts, it's actually funny. :lol:

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

angmc
Aug 30 2009, 02:09 AM
kitkat
EJ & Sami

Sami & Lucas

Sami & Rafe

More along the lines HILARIOUS!!!! :wow:

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

kitkat
EJ & Sami

Sami & Lucas

Sami & Rafe

OMG--- what a wonderful post!!! You have said it all!!!

I remember Rafe telling Sami that they were completely different, but in reality, they aren't so different. Rafe thinks things through more while Sami is more impulsive, but they have both been deeply hurt in their lives and found each other--- their true soulmate. Sami said it herself---- she has been looking for happiness her whole life-- as a child, as a teenager, even walking down the aisle, but there was always something hanging over her head and that is no way to live. Now, she told Rafe, I have you and my kids and I have never been so happy. Rafe has told Sami that she is his hero b/c she saved his life. When he was down and out and never thought he could love again, along came Sami and showed him that he could love again.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

EjsGaGirl
Aug 30 2009, 09:19 AM
angmc
kitkat
EJ & Sami

Sami & Lucas

Sami & Rafe

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

angmc
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Aug 30 2009, 03:07 PM
EjsGaGirl
Aug 30 2009, 09:19 AM
angmc
kitkat
EJ & Sami

Sami & Lucas

Sami & Rafe

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:
But the colors are sure pretty! ;)

Marian

Rafe was brought in so that Sami could do a whole heap of pre-taped episodes before AS went on maternity leave. The baby switch thing was brought in to give EJ a storyline while Sami was out of the picture. The baby switch storyline is being DRAGGED OUT for all eternity, so that the writers can time it right to fall in with AZ's maternity leave.

EJ has become boring because he's been paired up with Nicole. JS has admitted in the past that as a person, he feels more comfortable working with AZ. He has to actually put effort in with AS and ACT, so that's why he was more dynamic when he was acting opposite Sami's character. He's just so comfortable with AZ that he doesn't really ACT around her. Even Nicole's character isn't as interesting as she used to be. I liked her sassy wit and fire. That's gone too since she's been paired up with JS. Bring back the old Nicole. Bring back the old EJ - I want his wit and fire back too and his attractive steadfast love (you say obsession, I say committment) for the one woman (Sami). Love is so fickle these days that I found his tunnel vision very uplifting.

I understand that things like maternity leave are out of the writer's control and they have to work it all in, but it just makes me sad that my favourite characters have become 'weak' as a result.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

I think there was more to it than that. I heard that the babyswitch s/l would have been solved in September if AS had not signed her contract, but when she did.they decided to give it a longer time and tie it in with AZ's maternity leave. I am not sure that was a good move, tho, b/c people are tired of it now.

As far as JS goes, he said he liked working with AZ b/c he thought they looked good together and he could,as a character, be himself with her. He never could with Sami's character. I don't think it's that AZ's wit and sass is gone b/c she is paired up with EJ-- b/c in the beginning, it was there. I think it's b/c of the s/l and the writing she has been given. If she is too feisty it will give away the fact that she is hiding something. The bottom line is IMO, that this should have been solved by now instead of dragging it out to end when AZ goes on maternity leave.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Aug 31 2009, 09:00 AM
I think there was more to it than that. I heard that the babyswitch s/l would have been solved in September if AS had not signed her contract, but when she did.they decided to give it a longer time and tie it in with AZ's maternity leave. I am not sure that was a good move, tho, b/c people are tired of it now.

As far as JS goes, he said he liked working with AZ b/c he thought they looked good together and he could,as a character, be himself with her. He never could with Sami's character. I don't think it's that AZ's wit and sass is gone b/c she is paired up with EJ-- b/c in the beginning, it was there. I think it's b/c of the s/l and the writing she has been given. If she is too feisty it will give away the fact that she is hiding something. The bottom line is IMO, that this should have been solved by now instead of dragging it out to end when AZ goes on maternity leave.
Just curious...but where was JS quoted saying he preferred to work with one actress over the other, or how he felt about how they look together? Do you have a source or a link you can share for that interview?

klements

kitkat, I don't completely disagree with your assessment of Sami's relationships, but I do have to argue with the statement that Sami has a heart of pure gold. The Sami that I remember, who doesn't seem to exist anymore, was ruthless and would do anything to get what she wanted regardless of the consequences. She made bad decisions, and blamed everyone else when it blew up in her face. And she NEVER had pure motives--it was all selfishness.

I agree that Sami, at least the old Sami, was motivated by a desperate need to be loved and accepted by her family. I don't know what this incarnation of Sami is motivated by, but the character is not as interesting to me as in the past. Yet I know that characters have to be given the opportunity to grow and change, but for me Sami has lost her edge in the process.

michelle
Member Avatar

kitkat
EJ & Sami

Sami & Lucas

Sami & Rafe

Are you sure we are watching the same characters on the same show?

Livie

EjsGaGirl
Aug 27 2009, 08:37 AM
magicsteacher
Aug 27 2009, 08:03 AM
At least Rafe has a clue as to what is going on here. How many times has EJ heard Nicole say things and do things that don't make sense and he still lets it go????

Rafe is the only interesting character right now.
I like the new Sami, but they need to put her in the mode of wondering what is going on,too. Finally, yesterday, I think she got a clue with the call from Dr. Baker and both Lucas and Rafe warning her about Nicole's friendship. I realize she is still grieving, but they need to move her on already.
DUH!And why is Ej being so stupid??TO PIMP,GG...good grief...its not hard to figure out.And the boy needs all the pimping he can get.TOMLIN,,GG 's,bud...is running this show..if Ed Scott were still running it,,Ej would still have his brains.And Tomlins OBVIOUS love of GG,is ruining this show.Demos are at record lows...whispers yesterday,that DOOL might not get renewed,,and in its place a reality show..and for the record..James Scott can do freakin LAPS around the park with Sydney,,and emote more emotion than GG can do in an entire show.Sami is a bad girl,,born and bred,,and I and many,many others do not want to see her try and be Marlena...cause she never will be,no matter what those hacks write..As for interesting,well I have standards I suppose..I like my actors to do more than look pretty,and mumble their way through their scripts.Ej,and everyone in this baby switch have been sacrificed,for that twit RAFE
I agree with you, but I have a gripe that James Scott saw what was written for his character and called it good. Now he is so obviously bored with what they have made his character into that he is sleep walking through his role.

Rafe is the only character of interest, besides the befuddled Nicole who is pooping her pants every three minutes in fear. Rafe right now has the brain, and the dashing air of the hero about him. I wish this had been James Scotts role, but he of course, wanted to be a bad boy. Well, I got news, his version of bad boy right now is being upstaged by Johnny. He sucks, he is just a terrible character. I feel bad for both the character and the actor, and I feel badly that the show is sinking into the quicksand due to bad choices on the writers part, the producers part, and the acting choices being made by James.

sungrey

I can't, for the life of me, recall an interview where James Scott says he prefers working with Ari over Ali. I think an EJ/Sami reunion wouldn't work because of the rape (which still divides a lot of people... and poor James for having to put up with it), and the Safe chemistry is... well, safe. It's not through the roof, but it isn't bad.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply