Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Spoilers for wk of August 31st; *UPDATED 8/29*
Topic Started: Aug 18 2009, 10:05 PM (12,753 Views)
Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Aug 31 2009, 11:20 AM
magicsteacher
Aug 31 2009, 09:00 AM
I think there was more to it than that. I heard that the babyswitch s/l would have been solved in September if AS had not signed her contract, but when she did.they decided to give it a longer time and tie it in with AZ's maternity leave. I am not sure that was a good move, tho, b/c people are tired of it now.

As far as JS goes, he said he liked working with AZ b/c he thought they looked good together and he could,as a character, be himself with her. He never could with Sami's character. I don't think it's that AZ's wit and sass is gone b/c she is paired up with EJ-- b/c in the beginning, it was there. I think it's b/c of the s/l and the writing she has been given. If she is too feisty it will give away the fact that she is hiding something. The bottom line is IMO, that this should have been solved by now instead of dragging it out to end when AZ goes on maternity leave.
Just curious...but where was JS quoted saying he preferred to work with one actress over the other, or how he felt about how they look together? Do you have a source or a link you can share for that interview?
My interpretation of the post is that JS likes to work with AZ. He never has talked bad about AS. The poster didnt even mention her in the paragraph referring to working with AZ. Its not a "one over the other" as you are trying to make it out to be. Both actors are professional.

As for his comments about working with AZ, this is from SOD "Love Actually" article:
"Arianne is very easy to work with, she's always prepared, she's always willing to listen to my ideas."

He did say this about AZ in said article: "I think physically, height-wise, it matches, especially on a soap opera." So, "look-wise," since AZ is taller then AS, then its easier to block scenes with him because he's so tall.

The reason he mentioned SAMI, IMO, is because the current Sami will not be with EJ as is. Either Sami will have to go back to being the schemer/bad girl she started and/or EJ would have to stop being a DiMera. Sami only accepts EJ if he's not in the family business.
Liz
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Liz<3Days
Aug 31 2009, 07:15 PM
SocRMum1
magicsteacher
I think there was more to it than that. I heard that the babyswitch s/l would have been solved in September if AS had not signed her contract, but when she did.they decided to give it a longer time and tie it in with AZ's maternity leave. I am not sure that was a good move, tho, b/c people are tired of it now.

As far as JS goes, he said he liked working with AZ b/c he thought they looked good together and he could,as a character, be himself with her. He never could with Sami's character. I don't think it's that AZ's wit and sass is gone b/c she is paired up with EJ-- b/c in the beginning, it was there. I think it's b/c of the s/l and the writing she has been given. If she is too feisty it will give away the fact that she is hiding something. The bottom line is IMO, that this should have been solved by now instead of dragging it out to end when AZ goes on maternity leave.
Just curious...but where was JS quoted saying he preferred to work with one actress over the other, or how he felt about how they look together? Do you have a source or a link you can share for that interview?
My interpretation of the post is that JS likes to work with AZ. He never has talked bad about AS. The poster didnt even mention her in the paragraph referring to working with AZ. Its not a "one over the other" as you are trying to make it out to be. Both actors are professional.

As for his comments about working with AZ, this is from SOD "Love Actually" article:
"Arianne is very easy to work with, she's always prepared, she's always willing to listen to my ideas."

He did say this about AZ in said article: "I think physically, height-wise, it matches, especially on a soap opera." So, "look-wise," since AZ is taller then AS, then its easier to block scenes with him because he's so tall.

The reason he mentioned SAMI, IMO, is because the current Sami will not be with EJ as is. Either Sami will have to go back to being the schemer/bad girl she started and/or EJ would have to stop being a DiMera. Sami only accepts EJ if he's not in the family business.
Liz
Actually my question stemmed from the combination of the post I quoted and the previous poster who said:

Quote:

EJ has become boring because he's been paired up with Nicole. JS has admitted in the past that as a person, he feels more comfortable working with AZ. He has to actually put effort in with AS and ACT, so that's why he was more dynamic when he was acting opposite Sami's character. He's just so comfortable with AZ that he doesn't really ACT around her. Even Nicole's character isn't as interesting as she used to be. I liked her sassy wit and fire. That's gone too since she's been paired up with JS. Bring back the old Nicole. Bring back the old EJ - I want his wit and fire back too and his attractive steadfast love (you say obsession, I say committment) for the one woman (Sami). Love is so fickle these days that I found his tunnel vision very uplifting.

Since both posters were commenting it sounded to me as though there might have been an interview with JS that I had missed. I honestly wasn't trying to make it out to be any more than that, which is why I prefaced my question with 'just curious'. No harm, no foul.

I was at a fan event a month or so ago and during the Q&A session one of the audience members asked JS point blank whom he preferred working with - Ali or Ari. He very smartly hedged his bets, talking about how he enjoys working with both of them so I was simply surprised that there might have been an interview where he was quoted as stating a preference.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

sungrey
Aug 31 2009, 06:53 PM
I can't, for the life of me, recall an interview where James Scott says he prefers working with Ari over Ali. I think an EJ/Sami reunion wouldn't work because of the rape (which still divides a lot of people... and poor James for having to put up with it), and the Safe chemistry is... well, safe. It's not through the roof, but it isn't bad.

I am sorry if I didn't make myself clear here. I never meant that he preferred working with one actress over another. What I meant was I read he preferred working with the character of Nicole better than the character of Sami b/c he felt he could be himself ( EJ) around Nicole, but couldn't be around Sami. I believe I read that on the NBC boards, but I am not sure.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Aug 31 2009, 07:15 PM
SocRMum1
magicsteacher

Liz
I agree that the current Sami cannot be with EJ b/c she will not tolerate the way he is now, and I cannot see him abandoning his father and the business for anyone. He may, on the surface, attempt to change like he did when he told about John, but that didn't last long.

One of the reasons that I read about for why they have and are changing Sami's character was that this Sami fits much better with AS's Biggest Loser image-- that of a kind, caring, and considerate person. The old Sami didn't portray that image. I read this about 6 months ago. Whether this is the real reason, who knows. But it does make sense.

ges
Member Avatar

Will Kate get caught? No. Will Nicole get the full comeuppance for all of her lies and misdeeds? No. Will Brady get called out for his part in this? No. Has Philip been skipping around a little too easily for someone with a wooden leg? Yes. Should someone put Stephanie back in the morgue? Yes. Should anybody change their way of life for little Miss Know-it-all? No. Should she be bashed over the head like Willow? Yes. Is Lucas acting like a mentally-challenged moron? Yes. Should he become the town drunk? Yes. Anybody feeling Hope and Bo's estrangement as a tad contrived? I am. Not the best thing for Ciara for Hope to break up the family right now.
Can I believe how long they are going to drag out and dillute the baby-switching story until it is poor, poor, Nicole?
the only thing worth waiting for= Lucas becoming the town drunk. Rafe has all the appeal of a wet fish. Ditto with the sister although this actress is better. :sleep: :sleep: :puke:

Alligato
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Sep 4 2009, 08:52 AM
One of the reasons that I read about for why they have and are changing Sami's character was that this Sami fits much better with AS's Biggest Loser image-- that of a kind, caring, and considerate person. The old Sami didn't portray that image. I read this about 6 months ago. Whether this is the real reason, who knows. But it does make sense.
I agree with this. I noticed that during the Santo/Colleen saga when AS first started doing TBL, Sami stopped being the selfish bitch and started being the Brady hero/sacrificial martyr and it really hasn't stopped. Since then, she has been persued by all three guys proclaiming her wonderfulness, and she is no longer the evil villian but loves to whine about everyone else being the evil villian.
There has been a totall change since AS went into prime time on NBC. No likey.

michelle
Member Avatar

Do people not realize that Alison Sweeney is an actress and Sami Brady is a fictional character on a soap opera? Can they not separate that the two are not the same?

How stupid. Just about every actor out there likes to play the bad guy/girl more than the goody goody because no one gets to act this way in real life. (at least not without actually going to and staying in prison)

If people honestly think Ali shouldn't play a villain because she hosts a reality tv weight loss show, this is just about the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.

She's much better as a villain than a boring heroine. All of these characters have become so dull.
Edited by michelle, Sep 4 2009, 09:56 AM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Alligato
Sep 4 2009, 09:37 AM
magicsteacher
Sep 4 2009, 08:52 AM
I agree with this. I noticed that during the Santo/Colleen saga when AS first started doing TBL, Sami stopped being the selfish bitch and started being the Brady hero/sacrificial martyr and it really hasn't stopped. Since then, she has been persued by all three guys proclaiming her wonderfulness, and she is no longer the evil villian but loves to whine about everyone else being the evil villian.
There has been a totall change since AS went into prime time on NBC. No likey.
Me no likey, either. It has effectively destroyed one of the most entertaining characters on the show. I suppose that could be the reason - but it's not as though AS was playing a 'good girl' when she was hired to host BL. It's a shame, in my opinion - she was much more compelling as Salem's bad girl.

Beth
Member Avatar

I would still love to see a EJAMI reunion. James Scott has no chemistry with Ari which is why his acting sucks right now. He doesn't have anyone to play off of.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply