Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Fall Preview; September 1st issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Aug 19 2009, 11:10 AM (8,764 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

This week's SOW features a fall preview. As usual, though "head writer Dena Higley and her writing staff" are credited, there are no direct quotes. Any quotes below are from SOW's wording.

- Sami wants Rafe back, but she's concerned that he's suddenly disappeared.

- "EJ discovers that his wife had a miscarriage and faked her pregnancy." He thinks Sydney is Mia's child, so he "cuts emotional ties with Nicole".

- Chad finds out Mia gave away their baby. He's furious. Mia must make a "terrible sacrifice".

- "Arianna confesses she wants Brady", but she persuades him keep their relationship a secret.

- "Philip and Melanie's one-night stand comes back to haunt them", and Stephanie dumps Philip again.

- Philip and Nathan compete over Melanie.

- Lucas "blasts Chloe" because of her affair. He starts drinking again and winds up in rehab.

- Chloe gets the charges against Daniel dropped.

- "The emotional rift between Bo and Hope grows" because Hope can't forgive Bo for how he handled things during Ciara's kidnapping.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

daysfan
Member Avatar

Now this sounds good!

I must say, the Summer was a disappointment. I was expecting some better material after really enjoying the Spring, but past Grace's death, everything hasn't been too good...though I've enjoyed the climax of the Chloe/Daniel story lately, and Ciara's kidnapping. But still, looking forward to the Fall!

They must be keeping tight lipped about Vivian, Lawrence, and Carly's return...unless these are just spoilers for September.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Ellie
Aug 19 2009, 11:10 AM

:puke:

The rest sounds sorta ok, I guess, but funny, no mention of Carly or Viv or Lawrence? I mean, I know I'm curious about them and surely I'm not the only one.

Thanks for posting, Ellie!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Quote:

This week's SOW features a fall preview. As usual, though "head writer Dena Higley and her writing staff" are credited, there are no direct quotes. Any quotes below are from SOW's wording.

Surprise, surprise...

Quote:

- "EJ discovers that his wife had a miscarriage and faked her pregnancy." He thinks Sydney is Mia's child, so he "cuts emotional ties with Nicole".

Yes! Nicole's lies are finally coming out, well sort of. I wonder if she's going to continue keeping the fact that Sydney is Sami and EJ's child so that EJ doesn't think he has another connection to Sami. I wouldn't be surprised if Nicole leaves town (to explain Arianne Zucker's maternity leave) and takes Sydney with her.

Quote:

- Chad finds out Mia gave away their baby. He's furious. Mia must make a "terrible sacrifice".

I really hope Chad and Mia don't end up with Sydney. I'm watching OLTL's Cole and Starr struggle while raising Hope, I don't want to see another teen couple with a child.

Quote:

- "Arianna confesses she wants Brady", but she persuades him keep their relationship a secret.

I'm starting to like Brady and Arianna together. I hope that continues when Lindsey Hartley takes over the role.

Quote:

OMG! Why!!!!!!

Quote:

- Lucas "blasts Chloe" because of her affair. He starts drinking again and winds up in rehab.

This sounds decent. However, I don't want to see Lucas' fall off the wagon last two episodes where he starts drinking in at the beginning of one episode, Maggie gets to him at the end of that episode, and the next episode Maggie's able to convince him to check into rehab. I want to see Lucas' battle with his addiction span over a few weeks, not just a few days.

Quote:

- "The emotional rift between Bo and Hope grows" because Hope can't forgive Bo for how he handled things during Ciara's kidnapping.

An emotional rift between Bo and Hope, just as Carly gets ready to return to town. How convenient.

Mason
Member Avatar

The only thing that sounds interesting to me is the E.J./Nicole spoiler.

esp13
Member Avatar

Quote:

OMG! Why!!!!!!

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Mason
Member Avatar

Meanwhile, I'm sick of Hope always being the one pissed at Bo. How many times have we been down that road before?

lastDays
Member Avatar

I am sick of the on again,off again thing with Steph and Phillip. Why do tiic think Melanie is the hottest female since Marilyn Monroe? :puke: Sounds like Chloe comes out of the coma with no amnesia or other physical signs.THIS would be laughable.So much for stories based in reality.Must be Daniel's magical healing hands

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

lastDays
Aug 19 2009, 11:28 AM
Why do tiic think Melanie is the hottest female since Marilyn Monroe? :puke:
If you figure it out, let me know.

I wonder if Lucas going to rehab means BD's going to be off canvas again or let go.

aimees76
Member Avatar

:sleep: Not really interested.

:cheer: Looking forward to some AMAZING performances from AZ here! I feel bad for Nicole, but I am excited for some movement in this story, and I am glad that it won't all be one big reveal, but a little at a time.

:sleep: I just can't make myself care about Mia, and Chad annoys the crap out of me.

Meh. Hopefully this just means more shirtless EM. Thats about the only thing to look forward to.

- "Philip and Melanie's one-night stand comes back to haunt them", and Stephanie dumps Philip again.

Ok, I knew this was coming of course, but ARGH! Frickin' Stephanie is such a bitch. I feel so bad for poor Melanie.

I might like this if I thought it was genuine, but since they both clearly want Princess Stephanie, this will annoy me thoroughly.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Definitely looking forward to all of this!! Bry rocks the gray stuff! Can't wait!!

Good for them. Can they ride off into the sunset together now? Please?

Oh what a surprise. :sleep: Hope can't forgive Bo? You don't say? I never woulda guessed. ^o)

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Just a quick question-- Does Bo and Hope get Ciara back before this? If so, why in the world would she be upset-- she got her kid for crying out loud!! Is Justin gone by then too?

Kenny
Member Avatar

Why are these spoilers all about Chad/Phillip/Mia/Nathan/Melanie/etc.? Are there any other characters on the show? Why didn't we get a Vivian/Carly preview? Ugh, LoL. Didn't Corday say that the younger crew wouldn't get so much airtime once summer was over? Doesn't sound like it...

lastDays
Member Avatar

Kenny
Aug 19 2009, 11:43 AM
Why are these spoilers all about Chad/Phillip/Mia/Nathan/Melanie/etc.? Are there any other characters on the show? Why didn't we get a Vivian/Carly preview? Ugh, LoL. Didn't Corday say that the younger crew wouldn't get so much airtime once summer was over? Doesn't sound like it...
Just goes to show KC is a pr*** in every way :drunk:

jane1978

SOW preview are usually very vague, but I like most of the things. The next few months will be pretty exciting.

Quote:

I hope this is connected with the Emily death secret. I want to know what it is.

Quote:

Good move they are not revealing all the secret at once. This will be some really powerfull scenes. I wonder what will be Stephanoīs reaction, he knows Sydney is really EJīs. Will he just watch EJ throw Nicole and Sydney out of the house?

Quote:

I quess she will sacrifice her relationship with Will and agree to start again with Chad. I donīt think they will take the baby from Nicol.

Quote:

Now we know for sure she is an undercover. I donīt think she is FBI as Rafe, I think she is an ex-addict and has a deal with the cops. I think whatever happened with Emily she was responsible and this was the only way the cops let her go.

Quote:

This is weird and I really need more information. I would expect them fight over Steph, not Mel. Maybe there is a mistake? Nathan is much more interested in Stephanie and he would probably be very happy to comfort Steph after her yet another attempt to have happy ending with Phillip doesnīt work.

Quote:

Expected, but again I need more information. Also, what about Kate? Will her part in this just dropped?

Quote:

No big surprise here. Even when Ciara survives Bo willing to risk her life and not doing what the kidnappers said is a huge blow. I also wonder what will happen with Dean. I think Nick Stabile is still taping, so there has to be some continuation with his character. Looks like the kidnapping ends very quickly.

Edited by jane1978, Aug 19 2009, 12:10 PM.

jane1978

lastDays
Aug 19 2009, 11:46 AM
Kenny
Actually, Corday said he likes Molly Burnett and they will focus on Melanie, Phillip, Nathan and Steph during fall. He mentioned them as the second or third big story. He did said the teens will be on more during summer, but Taylor Spreitler who plays Mia got sick so they probably couldnīt tape as much shows with them as they originally wanted. This was probably the less teen oriented summer in years.

And those preview seems to be for the month and half before Carly arrives. CC is not even taping yet and they are already finishing September. I think Carly will arrive in mid October and Vivian will be probably the big return for November sweeps.

Dallas812

Thanks for the info. I am glad that they discover that Nicole has a secret but I hope that EJ finds out soon that he and Sami are parents to Sydney and not Mia. I'm glad that Chloe clears Daniel's name also. I hope those two get back together.
Edited by Dallas812, Aug 19 2009, 12:31 PM.

Ellie

talbab1994
Aug 19 2009, 11:42 AM
Just a quick question-- Does Bo and Hope get Ciara back before this? If so, why in the world would she be upset-- she got her kid for crying out loud!! Is Justin gone by then too?
Don't know about Justin, but see the Bo and Hope article summary for the sequence of events. They get Ciara back but Hope is still upset at Bo.

And you're welcome, everyone!

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Thanks so much Ellie!!

sungrey

lastDays
Aug 19 2009, 11:46 AM
Kenny
Ken Corday offering up spoilers about anybody but the young characters?

Ah, that was then, this is now. Guess we can see them at the luncheons. :)

james0479
Member Avatar

I heard thru the CC fan club that Crystal began taping Monday. But, this could have changed. But, it was a pretty reliable source. Anyhow, these spoilers sound good for the most part. I wouldn't want to see two ticks compete for Melanie.....hopefully they will make it interesting. Damn Chloe wakes up....that's a disappointment. Maybe She will leave town when Lucas goes to rehab. I doubt it. The rest sounds pretty darn great considering the past couple months being so slow!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply