Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Fall Preview; September 1st issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Aug 19 2009, 11:10 AM (8,724 Views)
Mirage75
Member Avatar

Thanks so much for the previews. I hate to see another rift between Bo and Hope. :(

However, I do hope there is still lots of Justin in the future.

also, can Chloe and Daniel please get together and then leave forever. Ugh! I really dislike those two. I want Lucas free from that woman.

Edited by Mirage75, Aug 19 2009, 12:54 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

james0479
Member Avatar

Crystal Chappell's twitter is a great place to go for little hints at Carly spoilers. Here's what she had to say.

[Peter Reckell] is a sweetheart Can't wait to work with everyone there. Kristian is amazing....it'll be soo much fun!

It's a really cool intro. Nothing I would have expected. And I've seen everything!

I'm sooo excited about sooo many things. Days intro is awesome!!!!! I laughed. It's sooo good!

No love interest for quite some time. Not what people would expect. I like it though!

No, Carly 2.0 is not Bo/Carly redux. It's not what most would think. Watch!

Michael will indeed pop up on DOOL

[Carly is] a doctor of Soap. Therefore, she can do ANYTHING

Sounds fascinating and I can not wait!!!!

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

Thanks James - yes, Ali Sweeney also tweeted that CC started on Monday. Not much of a vacation for her in between, I guess!

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

At least part of the baby switch storyline is coming out. It's about time!

Thanks Ellie!

Kenny
Member Avatar

james0479
Aug 19 2009, 12:58 PM
Crystal Chappell's twitter is a great place to go for little hints at Carly spoilers. Here's what she had to say.

[Peter Reckell] is a sweetheart Can't wait to work with everyone there. Kristian is amazing....it'll be soo much fun!

It's a really cool intro. Nothing I would have expected. And I've seen everything!

I'm sooo excited about sooo many things. Days intro is awesome!!!!! I laughed. It's sooo good!

No love interest for quite some time. Not what people would expect. I like it though!

OMG! I'm so excited!

sungrey

james0479
Aug 19 2009, 12:58 PM

I hope everything works out for her. Crystal's a fantastic actress and it's good to see her dropping little hints!

Kenny
Member Avatar

Wait, I just went to Crystal's Twitter and didn't see any of that stuff tweeted. I did, however, see this...

"Dont think Carly would have blace nailpolish but a tatoo. Getting that in next 2 weeks. What?"

What the hell does that mean?

Ellie

^^ Kenny it is from her twitter, but in the past 2 weeks or so.

james0479
Member Avatar

Thank you for the "Thanks", guys! lol I'm super excited too and I love how she likes teasing her fans. I started watching in 1990 ( I was ten) lol and she was my fave person on the show so I am thrilled to see her return. She has a wicked sense of humor in real life......so just knowing she laughed at the way she is being brought back (in a good way) makes me even more excited. And when she says Carly is a doctor of soap and can do ANYTHING......hmmmm...sounds like there are some twists and surprises down the road with her return.....and with Viv as well. Man, I wish I could fast forward to mid September. lol

Kenny
Member Avatar

james0479
Aug 19 2009, 01:13 PM
Man, I wish I could fast forward to mid September. lol
That makes two of us!

six
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting these. I'm actually interested in all of them, except Rafe's disappearance, and the bope betrayal, sadly. Their story isn't catching with me so far, but it's nice to hear that Carly isn't coming back for Bo, at least right off. Thanks for those, James.

I love that the baby switch is being revealed layer by layer. Wonder how EJ will find out, and whether he'll try and keep Sydney.

Lucas, imo was pretty interesting when he was an alcoholic years ago, so that could be good. It also sounds like they've completely put chucas out of their misery, so no having to suffer through Chloe thinking she still loves Lucas. Awesome.

I would have liked to see Justin, and Vivian's names in this. Hopefully Justin's part gets expanded, and he doesn't leave right after helping Daniel.

james0479
Member Avatar

Kenny.....yea sometimes it's hard to find some of her past "tweets"....I wonder if she puts them out and deletes them somehow....if you can even do that. lol But, I can assure you they came from her twitter page. And I have NO CLUE what she is talking about with that quote!! lol Maybe she is saying she is getting a new tattoo? LOL who knows??

james0479
Member Avatar

Oh God...I just had a very disturbing thought. What if Carly's return isn't a "Carly/Bo/Hope redux" because Hope will have already kind of moved on from Bo into a new relationship (be it emotional or romantical) with someone else she has turned to in this time of need.......the man who "saved her daughter"....DEAN! That way it would be more of a Carly/Bo story ....and a Hope/Dean story. Man, that would be an interesting and wicked twist. I do know from what I've read that Carly is coming back for more than Bo....but that would make it a little bit more tricky....and the payoff could be amazing. Hope and Dean......that's an interesting and alarming thought.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

james0479
Aug 19 2009, 01:25 PM
Oh God...I just had a very disturbing thought. What if Carly's return isn't a "Carly/Bo/Hope redux" because Hope will have already kind of moved on from Bo into a new relationship (be it emotional or romantical) with someone else she has turned to in this time of need.......the man who "saved her daughter"....DEAN! That way it would be more of a Carly/Bo story ....and a Hope/Dean story. Man, that would be an interesting and wicked twist. I do know from what I've read that Carly is coming back for more than Bo....but that would make it a little bit more tricky....and the payoff could be amazing. Hope and Dean......that's an interesting and alarming thought.
I thought the same thing!! Now, that may have some legs to run-- this could be an interesting storyline.

james0479
Member Avatar

I don't think I'd be against the show going in the direction of Hope and Dean.......sure, it would be insanely frustrating but it's good soap and would be interesting. Plus, it would keep Hope and Bo front and center. I'm for it.....and like I said....the payoff could be huge!

paul89

Maybe Carly retune is to Help John get better and John and Marlen retune becouse of Carly
Edited by paul89, Aug 19 2009, 02:40 PM.

Ellie

paul89
Aug 19 2009, 02:40 PM
Maybe Carly retune is to Help John get better and John and Marlen retune becouse of Carly
Nope. Somehow I think things progress very slowly at that clinic in Switzerland... :wink:

Ellie

james0479
Aug 19 2009, 02:10 PM
I don't think I'd be against the show going in the direction of Hope and Dean.......sure, it would be insanely frustrating but it's good soap and would be interesting. Plus, it would keep Hope and Bo front and center. I'm for it.....and like I said....the payoff could be huge!
The only reason I don't think this is going to happen is that Corday gave that whole speech about a triangle with Bo in the middle is better than one with Hope in the middle. His reasoning there completely escapes me, but it didn't sound like Hope was going to be involved with anyone else.

lysie
Member Avatar

Ellie
Aug 19 2009, 02:57 PM
paul89
Aug 19 2009, 02:40 PM
Nope. Somehow I think things progress very slowly at that clinic in Switzerland... :wink:
Maybe Carly is John, and she/he's getting her Phoenix tattoo back.

Can403

Ellie
Aug 19 2009, 11:10 AM
Please link to DR.

This week's SOW features a fall preview. As usual, though "head writer Dena Higley and her writing staff" are credited, there are no direct quotes. Any quotes below are from SOW's wording.

- Sami wants Rafe back, but she's concerned that he's suddenly disappeared.

- "EJ discovers that his wife had a miscarriage and faked her pregnancy." He thinks Sydney is Mia's child, so he "cuts emotional ties with Nicole".

- Chad finds out Mia gave away their baby. He's furious. Mia must make a "terrible sacrifice".

- "Arianna confesses she wants Brady", but she persuades him keep their relationship a secret.

- "Philip and Melanie's one-night stand comes back to haunt them", and Stephanie dumps Philip again.

- Philip and Nathan compete over Melanie.

- Lucas "blasts Chloe" because of her affair. He starts drinking again and winds up in rehab.

- Chloe gets the charges against Daniel dropped.

- "The emotional rift between Bo and Hope grows" because Hope can't forgive Bo for how he handled things during Ciara's kidnapping.

The only story on this list that looks good to me is EJ and Nicole stuff. I don't care about Chad at all. I do look forward to seeing Carly and Vivian return. I hope Carly and Vivian get some good writing. I am not sure TIIC are up to the job.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply