Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Fall Preview; September 1st issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Aug 19 2009, 11:10 AM (8,864 Views)
Can403

jane1978
Aug 19 2009, 12:20 PM
lastDays
Aug 19 2009, 11:46 AM
Kenny
Aug 19 2009, 11:43 AM
Why are these spoilers all about Chad/Phillip/Mia/Nathan/Melanie/etc.? Are there any other characters on the show? Why didn't we get a Vivian/Carly preview? Ugh, LoL. Didn't Corday say that the younger crew wouldn't get so much airtime once summer was over? Doesn't sound like it...
Just goes to show KC is a pr*** in every way :drunk:
Actually, Corday said he likes Molly Burnett and they will focus on Melanie, Phillip, Nathan and Steph during fall. He mentioned them as the second or third big story. He did said the teens will be on more during summer, but Taylor Spreitler who plays Mia got sick so they probably couldnīt tape as much shows with them as they originally wanted. This was probably the less teen oriented summer in years.
If this is true, TIIC can look forward to more 1.8 HH ratings or maybe even 1.6 which they managed to hit on
August 7, 2009. Actually, it might be even worse because the teens will be going back to School.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

james0479
Member Avatar

Ellie
Aug 19 2009, 02:58 PM
james0479
Aug 19 2009, 02:10 PM
I don't think I'd be against the show going in the direction of Hope and Dean.......sure, it would be insanely frustrating but it's good soap and would be interesting. Plus, it would keep Hope and Bo front and center. I'm for it.....and like I said....the payoff could be huge!
The only reason I don't think this is going to happen is that Corday gave that whole speech about a triangle with Bo in the middle is better than one with Hope in the middle. His reasoning there completely escapes me, but it didn't sound like Hope was going to be involved with anyone else.

Yes, I get that.....but, Bo WOULD be in the middle....his conflicting love for Hope as she possibly gets closer to another man.....and his feelings resurfacing for Carly who he remembers as a dear love to him.....but may be a totally different person now. It becomes more than a triangle. It's Bo and Hope....and Hope turning to someone who saved her daughter's life ( so she thinks) and Bo ( who would obviously still love Hope) turning to a woman he remembers meaning a great deal to him....someone he loved.....but is she still the same person? It's multilayered. And Corday can get away with saying that because he is spilling it out one-sided. Bo WOULD be in the middle if Hope had tried to move on. He would have to find a way to fight his urges to move on as well....or to fight to save what he has with Hope. So, ultimately, it would be a Bo centered story. What does he choose to do....what will Hope allow....when would the truth come out about Dean....and what's up with Carly? That could be interesting. And the only way, I think, they could do an interesting Bope/Carly story.

fancyface78
Member Avatar

I will be so disappointed if they try and pair Hope up with another criminal. If they want to give her a love interest, let it be Justin. Geez!

Red Mist
Member Avatar

I wanted the whole truth about Nicole's lies to come out. I wanted the switch sl OVER entirely. Damn.
Now I am wondering If Ej sends Nicole and baby away or just Nicole...Or Does Mia get Sydney? Ugh!

Rafe is missing...Well good bye.

Lucas in rehab could be a good sl for the actor if they would give it some meat. I do not trust this show to do something like that though.

james0479
Member Avatar

fancyface78
Aug 19 2009, 04:17 PM
I will be so disappointed if they try and pair Hope up with another criminal. If they want to give her a love interest, let it be Justin. Geez!
I agree with this too! If they are going to pair Hope with someone else, I'd want it to be Justin. I like him, and he has great chemistry with Hope. Not to mention, he didn't kidnap her daughter. I'm not sure where this is going......it could go several different ways. Maybe we could be in for a Hope/Dean/Justin triangle.....but after so many years of marriage, surely, Hope isn't doing triangles. But, who knows? This IS Days. lol But, I agree.....I could root for Justin and Hope....IF it was over for Bope.

lysie
Member Avatar

Dragonish1
Aug 19 2009, 04:17 PM
I wanted the whole truth about Nicole's lies to come out. I wanted the switch sl OVER entirely. Damn.
Now I am wondering If Ej sends Nicole and baby away or just Nicole...Or Does Mia get Sydney? Ugh!

Rafe is missing...Well good bye.

Lucas in rehab could be a good sl for the actor if they would give it some meat. I do not trust this show to do something like that though.
If he sends the baby away, he's an even bigger douche than I already believe him to be.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

So EJ/Nicole- I half pay attention.

Stefano knows what Nicole did though, yeah? So wouldn't he clue EJ in if EJ gets all up in the pants about Nicole's lie, thinking it's Mia's baby? I mean, how much longer can you conceivably drag it out once he gets that info? Or is EJ keeping his suspicions secret? I wish they'd end it all in one fell swoop. One awesome event.

The rest- meh. Waiting to hear more about Carly and Vivian. If they're the lure, why aren't they in this preview? Is there a "Save Days" coming?

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Will it EVER be over for BOPE? Pretty unlikely. I could see Justin popping in and out of Salem and hopefullly with Adrienne.

So, I take it that Justin isn't going to have to defend Daniel either since Chloe gets him off the hook?

bellebelle

Ellie
Aug 19 2009, 11:10 AM
Please link to DR.

This week's SOW features a fall preview. As usual, though "head writer Dena Higley and her writing staff" are credited, there are no direct quotes. Any quotes below are from SOW's wording.

- Sami wants Rafe back, but she's concerned that he's suddenly disappeared.

- "EJ discovers that his wife had a miscarriage and faked her pregnancy." He thinks Sydney is Mia's child, so he "cuts emotional ties with Nicole".

- Chad finds out Mia gave away their baby. He's furious. Mia must make a "terrible sacrifice".

- "Arianna confesses she wants Brady", but she persuades him keep their relationship a secret.

- "Philip and Melanie's one-night stand comes back to haunt them", and Stephanie dumps Philip again.

- Philip and Nathan compete over Melanie.

- Lucas "blasts Chloe" because of her affair. He starts drinking again and winds up in rehab.

- Chloe gets the charges against Daniel dropped.

- "The emotional rift between Bo and Hope grows" because Hope can't forgive Bo for how he handled things during Ciara's kidnapping.

woo hoo these sound awsome. :cheer: ej cuts emotional ties with with nicole? that shouldnt be to hard since he didnt seem like he made too many. im glad just the same though!! so philip and nathan are after melanie. its about time they realized who the shit is in this town and it sure aint my shit dont stink boreing ol' goodytwo shoes stephanie! all in all the fall sounds alot better than the summer!! oh yeah and im liking that lucas is drinking again. not that i think he should be wasting any emotion on the, how did victor put it ... oh yeah the town whore but to me he is soo entertaining as a drunk i enjoy when he falls of the wagon.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

talbab1994
Aug 19 2009, 04:52 PM
So, I take it that Justin isn't going to have to defend Daniel either since Chloe gets him off the hook?
Given that Justin has never tried a criminal case, that's probably a good thing for Daniel.

liverlips123

Ellie
Please link to DR.

This week's SOW features a fall preview. As usual, though "head writer Dena Higley and her writing staff" are credited, there are no direct quotes. Any quotes below are from SOW's wording.

- "EJ discovers that his wife had a miscarriage and faked her pregnancy." He thinks Sydney is Mia's child, so he "cuts emotional ties with Nicole".

- Chad finds out Mia gave away their baby. He's furious. Mia must make a "terrible sacrifice".

- "Arianna confesses she wants Brady", but she persuades him keep their relationship a secret.

- "Philip and Melanie's one-night stand comes back to haunt them", and Stephanie dumps Philip again.

- Lucas "blasts Chloe" because of her affair. He starts drinking again and winds up in rehab.

- "The emotional rift between Bo and Hope grows" because Hope can't forgive Bo for how he handled things during Ciara's kidnapping.

I wonder if Shelley Hennig is the next to be written off..
Becasue when she finds out and dumps Philip again theres basically no other good s/l for her..
Maybe she will join her parents and brother in that foreign country...
Shuks :wink:
Im also glad that Philip will fight for Melanie..
Off topic i think they are making Phillip/Melanie, days of our lives own Chuck/Blair from Gossip Girl.
Dena thinks they are destined to be together...

Tori

I am just shaking my head "Sami wants Rafe back" after reading that I can honestly say "God help Days" if they are going to go with this Sami loves Rafe crap then Days is making a big mistake. I know some viewers like Safe, heck some may think Safe is the best romance that Days has going. I just beg to differ I find them FF worthy. The rest of the stuff looks ok - but just "ok". Nothing earth shattering that makes me want to rush to view Days.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I like the idea of Lucas going back into rehab. I just hope its not Sami that rescues him. Will thinks much highly of his father than his mother, so hopefully this outta shed some light on how lame Lucas is too.

ericfan400

Ellie
Please link to DR.

yeah

I can't wait to see this. "Cut emotional ties with Nicole". What emotions

lastDays
Member Avatar

liverlips123
Aug 19 2009, 08:50 PM
Ellie
Please link to DR.

I wonder if Shelley Hennig is the next to be written off..
Becasue when she finds out and dumps Philip again theres basically no other good s/l for her..
Maybe she will join her parents and brother in that foreign country...
Shuks :wink:
Im also glad that Philip will fight for Melanie..
Off topic i think they are making Phillip/Melanie, days of our lives own Chuck/Blair from Gossip Girl.
Dena thinks they are destined to be together...
I think SH is going to be written off.Unless Dena puts her in with Will/Mia/Chad (wouldn't put it past her) Melanie is the IT girl,you know :puke:

Mason
Member Avatar

Stephanie won't be written off, unfortunately. She's the new poor man's Carrie/Belle.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

lysie
Aug 19 2009, 04:33 PM
If he sends the baby away, he's an even bigger douche than I already believe him to be.
seriously. i think i can really get behind this just because ej is going to feel like a complete idiot when he (yet again) insults/dismisses another of his biological children because of his current love interest's lies. even if sydney were mia's, ej has bonded with her. if he is able to jut get rid of her along with nicole, then i concede that he's despicable.

Win

james0479
Aug 19 2009, 01:25 PM
Oh God...I just had a very disturbing thought. What if Carly's return isn't a "Carly/Bo/Hope redux" because Hope will have already kind of moved on from Bo into a new relationship (be it emotional or romantical) with someone else she has turned to in this time of need.......the man who "saved her daughter"....DEAN! That way it would be more of a Carly/Bo story ....and a Hope/Dean story. Man, that would be an interesting and wicked twist. I do know from what I've read that Carly is coming back for more than Bo....but that would make it a little bit more tricky....and the payoff could be amazing. Hope and Dean......that's an interesting and alarming thought.
Given what's happening on screen right now, and the Ciara story fallout that's spoilered, I could see that scenario playing out. I think it would always be a triangle of sorts, though, because Bo would be torn between his current/damaged love for Hope and his remembered/betrayed love for Carly.

I would definitely welcome a re-visit of Bo & Carly, as long as Carly wasn't written as some sort of desperate, manipulative home-wrecker.

OTOH, whatever they do with her story, I'm just glad Carly is coming back!

Nicole Walker

Sounds like Ejole will still be married. I wanted the entire truth out now we'll probably have to wait until ARi returns or maybe the truth entire truth will be out by NOvember!

I wonder where Rafe is. Will Sami rescue him? LMFAO.

esp13
Member Avatar

I think that EJ and Nicole stay together which is why the spoiler says EJ cuts "emotional" ties to Nicole. I figure it's either to make sure that they retain custody of Sydney or something similar. Then the final piece of the babyswitch will be revealed probably in November sweeps, just in time for Ari's maternity leave.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply