Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD and SOW: Ciara is rescued!; Sept 1st issues; Summary of articles
Topic Started: Aug 19 2009, 11:47 AM (3,106 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

This week's SOD features an interview with Kristian Alfonso, and this week's SOW features an interview with Peter Reckell.

Bo goes on television and offers a reward for information about Ciara's kidnapping. Hope begs him not to do this, since she thinks it will put Ciara in more danger. But Bo disregards her and does it anyway. Reckell tells SOW, "the impetus for this is Bo's vision where Hope takes the ransom and gives it to the kidnappers, but when Ciara is running over to Hope, the kidnappers kill her." Alfonso tells SOD, "[Bo] took a $5 million ransom and turned it into a $5 million reward, so now there's a bounty on the kidnappers' heads and they'll know it."

After the TV broadcast, Hope confronts Bo, and she's furious. She tells him that now the kidnappers have no motivation to keep Ciara alive. As Alfonso says, "[Bo] probably thinks what he's doing is right, but it's so wrong." Alfonso says that Hope tells Bo, 'We almost didn't make it through Zach. I don't know if we'll make it through this.'

Meanwhile, Roman has learned from Theo that one of the kidnappers had a tatoo of an angel. Bo, Hope and Roman get on the computer to find a list of people with that tattoo. Hope finds that Kyle is a match, and it says he's a registered sex offender. Alfonso says that "... the blood just drains from Hope's face. When she thinks it can't get any worse, it continues to mount."

Bo and Hope find out that Kyle is staying at a nearby motel. They go to the motel and find a map of the forest which has certain areas circled. They go out searching, but meanwhile, their fellow cop Dean, who is involved in the kidnapping, shoots and kills Kyle and Brenda and then shoots himself to cover it up.

Bo and Hope arrive at the crime scene and they see that Dean has been shot. They don't know that Dean was part of the kidnapping. They think he's rescued Ciara. Reckell says, "Dean says he got there first and heard the kidnappers talking about killing Ciara, but he came in and saved the day."

Alfonso says that "Hope is so joyous and overwhelmed to have her daughter back in her arms, unharmed." However, Hope is not as happy with Bo. Alfonso says that Hope is thinking, "It's not thanks to him that they have [Ciara] back, it's thanks to Dean." Alfonso continues that Hope loves Bo, "but you can see everything starting to crumble".

And SOW concludes that Dean is still a threat...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

As I said in the Fall Previews thread, I'm beyond tired of it always being Hope that is pissed at Bo. Why is it that Bo is always the one that has to "screw up"? It makes Hope look like a total bitch, and I hate it.
Edited by Mason, Aug 19 2009, 11:49 AM.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Ellie
Aug 19 2009, 11:47 AM
Hope finds that Kyle is a match, and it says he's a registered sex offender. Alfonso says that "... the blood just drains from Hope's face. When she thinks it can't get any worse, it continues to mount."
I have to admit that that creepazoid has been making me sick to my stomach with the thought that he's a molester; the actor's done a good (disturbing) job.

And I am mildly interested as to how Dean will pose a threat in the future.

Thanks for posting, Ellie!

lysie
Member Avatar

Thanks, Ellie!

Why did they feel the need to make that guy a registered sex offender? Surely they're not going to actually explore that. And seriously...we all know Corday is a liar, but he JUST said that that was one of the rules you don't break (you know...those non-existent rules that his broke all the time when the show was good). He really has no clue what's going on on the show, does he?

Ellie

lysie
Aug 19 2009, 11:54 AM
Thanks, Ellie!

Why did they feel the need to make that guy a registered sex offender? Surely they're not going to actually explore that. And seriously...we all know Corday is a liar, but he JUST said that that was one of the rules you don't break (you know...those non-existent rules that his broke all the time when the show was good). He really has no clue what's going on on the show, does he?
You're welcome!

Agree about the sex offender thing. imo that's going a bit too far.

As for Corday, I think the only reason he talks about those 'rules' is so he can make it look like he's making an Earth-shattering decision when he decides to break them. Like, "I, Ken Corday, have deemed this story so important that I have stepped in and broken my hard-and-fast rule that..." I think the reality is he has no standards at all and just does whatever he thinks will get the most viewers at that moment.

doolcrazy
Member Avatar

WOW Thanks so much for these summaries. I really appreciate them. Looks like things are going to be quite exciting.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I thought this kidnapping was going to be dragged out a little longer..2 weeks is pretty quick..

aimees76
Member Avatar

You know what I'm stuck on? The fact that they can go on the computer and find a list of people with angel tattoos, lol.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Well, was that the 2 weeks to "appease" the Bope/vets fans....lame attempt! It's the same stupid ass Bo making all the mistakes and angelic Hope being pissed. KA plays badass so well, why couldnt it be about HER making the mistakes?

Maybe this leads Hope to have an affair with Justin. I think WK and KA has chemistry!
Thanks for posting!
Liz

Mason

Liz<3Days
Aug 19 2009, 12:12 PM
It's the same stupid ass Bo making all the mistakes and angelic Hope being pissed. KA plays badass so well, why couldnt it be about HER making the mistakes?
Thank you!

esp13
Member Avatar

Am I the only person who saw the movie "Ransom" with Mel Gibson and Renee Russo? Because this is a total and complete copycat of that movie. They do a ransom drop, but it doesn't work, so the dad goes on TV and offers the ransom as a reward. The cop behind the kidnapping shoots his co-conspirators and makes like the hero. He goes to collect the money, but Mel figures him out just in time.

I know the show rips things off all the time, but this is just so blatant it's rather hilarious.

jane1978

Wow! I so donīt agree with the comments on this. I think this sounds great, very original and clever. Much better than I expected. Itīs not about the kidnapping, itīs about introducing Dean as the big thread for Bope. He has now Hopeīs complete trusts and gratefulness and he hates her. Thatīs a powerfull setup. Itīs clear this was just a first strike and the money was never the main motive.

I think we will see Bo and Hope fight and Dean always side with her and becaming her close friend. This is great stuff and the slow, sneaky way they introduced Dean is just perfect.
Edited by jane1978, Aug 19 2009, 12:33 PM.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

And Dean is Nick Stabile right? I still haven't seem him

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Ellie
Aug 19 2009, 11:58 AM
lysie
Aug 19 2009, 11:54 AM
Thanks, Ellie!

You're welcome!

Agree about the sex offender thing. imo that's going a bit too far.
How so? It's not like he's going to rape her. Making him a sex offender is just a way to make Hope more worried. And I think most of us knew from the start that Kyle was a perv with the way he was looking at Ciara and smiling.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

jane1978
Aug 19 2009, 12:32 PM
Wow! I so donīt agree with the comments on this. I think this sounds great, very original and clever. Much better than I expected. Itīs not about the kidnapping, itīs about introducing Dean as the big thread for Bope. He has now Hopeīs complete trusts and gratefulness and he hates her. Thatīs a powerfull setup. Itīs clear this was just a first strike and the money was never the main motive.

I think we will see Bo and Hope fight and Dean always side with her and becaming her close friend. This is great stuff and the slow, sneaky way they introduced Dean is just perfect.
I agree, this sounds great.

I'm glad the DiMeras aren't behind this. But I'm wondering if Dean is somehow connected to Lawrence?

Ellie

Sindacco
Aug 19 2009, 12:51 PM
How so? It's not like he's going to rape her. Making him a sex offender is just a way to make Hope more worried. And I think most of us knew from the start that Kyle was a perv with the way he was looking at Ciara and smiling.
I understand what you're saying. What bothers me is that it's not just theoretical; there's a child actress on screen whose character they're suggesting could be molested by this person. I certainly hope the little actress has no idea about the plot twist at all, but I think they have to be careful when working with children. If it were purely theoretical (like a 'sex offender on the loose in Salem') without a reference to the children, I think I'd mind less.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

Sindacco
Aug 19 2009, 12:53 PM
jane1978
Aug 19 2009, 12:32 PM

I agree, this sounds great.

I'm glad the DiMeras aren't behind this. But I'm wondering if Dean is somehow connected to Lawrence?
I'm getting the feeling Lawrence is behind this as well.

james0479
Member Avatar

Yes, this is a very clever and exciting storyline. Too bad I have already seen it before. Whoever posted about the movie "Ransom" was DEAD ON!!! EVERYTHING is the same as that movie. Little kid gets kidnapped.....ransom is asked for.....ransom money is attained.....Dad goes on TV mad as hell and changes ransom to a reward....mom goes crazy saying "you just killed our child".....long story short...the main kidnapper SHOOTS and kills the other TWO people involved then SHOOTS himself and makes out as the hero. I mean....LMAO....It's not just similar, it's page by page identical. Now, there is no better edge of your seat thriller that Ransom....so I'm sure this is gonna be good....but ya can't help but notice what it is. Oh and in case you're wondering, the kidnapper in the movie eventually dies at the hand of the father of the kidnapped child. We will see how THIS will end.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

This really IS a ripoff of the movie 'Ransom'!

esp13
Member Avatar

THANK YOU!! I thought I was going insane or something. I couldn't believe I was the only person who had seen that movie or noticed the blatant rip-off.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply