Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD and SOW: Ciara is rescued!; Sept 1st issues; Summary of articles
Topic Started: Aug 19 2009, 11:47 AM (3,224 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

esp13
Aug 19 2009, 12:29 PM
Am I the only person who saw the movie "Ransom" with Mel Gibson and Renee Russo? Because this is a total and complete copycat of that movie. They do a ransom drop, but it doesn't work, so the dad goes on TV and offers the ransom as a reward. The cop behind the kidnapping shoots his co-conspirators and makes like the hero. He goes to collect the money, but Mel figures him out just in time.

I know the show rips things off all the time, but this is just so blatant it's rather hilarious.
I noticed it, too. And has Ciara seen Dean's face? I'm just waiting for her to hear his voice later and that be what gets him caught.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Aug 19 2009, 12:51 PM
Ellie
Aug 19 2009, 11:58 AM
lysie
Aug 19 2009, 11:54 AM
Thanks, Ellie!

Why did they feel the need to make that guy a registered sex offender? Surely they're not going to actually explore that. And seriously...we all know Corday is a liar, but he JUST said that that was one of the rules you don't break (you know...those non-existent rules that his broke all the time when the show was good). He really has no clue what's going on on the show, does he?
You're welcome!

Agree about the sex offender thing. imo that's going a bit too far.
How so? It's not like he's going to rape her. Making him a sex offender is just a way to make Hope more worried. And I think most of us knew from the start that Kyle was a perv with the way he was looking at Ciara and smiling.
No, no. I get that. But was the only point to make Hope worry more? I don't see why they had the character be pervy to begin with if they weren't going to explore that aspect. I'm glad they're not going to have them rape her (words cannot express HOW glad), but if the only point of adding that element in was to make Hope worry more, I wish they'd have left that part out. It seemed useless to me. She was plenty worried as it is.

lastDays
Member Avatar

This whole thing was set up for the triangle with Carly that Ken the ass talked about

fancyface78
Member Avatar

lysie, I don't think it was to make Hope worry more - I think it was to given her another reason to be pissed off at Bo for nixing the "exchange." Now she's not only going to blame him for not getting Ciara back in exchange for the money, but for putting her in more danger by letting her be in the hands of a child molester.

jam6242
Member Avatar

aimees76
Aug 19 2009, 12:05 PM
You know what I'm stuck on? The fact that they can go on the computer and find a list of people with angel tattoos, lol.
It's definitely possible if someone has a rap sheet and the tattoo was entered as a description in the criminal database. They can also search for scars and birthmarks.

Alligato
Member Avatar

esp13
Aug 19 2009, 12:29 PM
Am I the only person who saw the movie "Ransom" with Mel Gibson and Renee Russo? Because this is a total and complete copycat of that movie. They do a ransom drop, but it doesn't work, so the dad goes on TV and offers the ransom as a reward. The cop behind the kidnapping shoots his co-conspirators and makes like the hero. He goes to collect the money, but Mel figures him out just in time.

I know the show rips things off all the time, but this is just so blatant it's rather hilarious.
esp - while reading this I thought the same thing. This is EXACTLY the movie Ransom. Is it legal to so blatantly rip off a story like that and use it?
Twenty bucks that Ciara will recognize Dean's voice/look and pee in her pants and have Hope and Dean do a shoot out in the street. Does Dean get the $5 million?

And I hate that we have Zach/Chelsea part 2 where Bo does what he thinks it is right, Hope doesn't agree so she leave him for someone else. Seeing that she moved out of the house a few months ago because she didn't trust Bo, I really don't think that Hope is really that in love with him. Ugh.

Mason
Member Avatar

Alligato
Aug 19 2009, 08:59 PM
I really don't think that Hope is really that in love with him. Ugh.
I blame it on bad, uninspired writing.

Tori

I have mixed emotions about this storyline. I don't like that they are using this little actress the way that they are. Ropes, blindfolds, creepy sex offender type guy. I so dislike the vision scene where Ciara gets shot in the back. That is horrible. It is so wrong on so many levels. The show is clearly going for "shock" value and I find it rather tasteless. I highly doubt that police procedures would allow the parents of a kidnap victim be allowed to run the case regardless of whether or not he is the police commissioner. Highly emotional people make mistakes and Bo and Hope are HIGHLY emotional and distraught in these scenes.

What I like about this story is that it is interesting and it will keep you wanting to watch how it all unfolds. I like the inside cop angle. I like that this is kind of like a vendetta against Hope situation. Professional jealousy as it were. I also think that that these short term actors are really doing a great job. It is clear cut that they are the villains, the bad guys. With Owen (Stephanie's kidnapper) he was sort of sympathetic and even though he was doing a bad thing I could see how viewers could like him on some level. These dudes that took Ciara are truly BAD guys!

The best thing about this storyline is that it is not going to be dragged on and on and on. It may be a spring board to something else but at least little Ciara won't have those ropes around her little wrist for weeks on end.

This type of thing is a parent's nightmare. Having a child taken from you and knowing that a sex offender has her, well I am surprised that Hope hasn't become a total "nut job" at this point.

esp13
Member Avatar

Alligato
Aug 19 2009, 08:59 PM
esp - while reading this I thought the same thing. This is EXACTLY the movie Ransom. Is it legal to so blatantly rip off a story like that and use it?
Twenty bucks that Ciara will recognize Dean's voice/look and pee in her pants and have Hope and Dean do a shoot out in the street. Does Dean get the $5 million?

And I hate that we have Zach/Chelsea part 2 where Bo does what he thinks it is right, Hope doesn't agree so she leave him for someone else. Seeing that she moved out of the house a few months ago because she didn't trust Bo, I really don't think that Hope is really that in love with him. Ugh.
I was kind of wondering about the legalities as well, but I honestly have no idea how things like that work. Given that soaps recycle storylines from each other all the time, I presume there is a lot of leeway, but this one is just so glaringly obvious that it does make me wonder. I did notice that they had Ciara in headphones when Dean was around so she couldn't recognize his voice, so I guess that qualifies as a twist. I presume that Ciara will be the key to outing Dean at some point though.

And the really ironic thing is that the reason Hope left Bo a few months ago was that the didn't tell her about his vision about her shooting Kayla. She was all mad that he knew that it would happen and didn't do anything. Now, he's telling her and stepping up to try and prevent his vision from coming true and he's still wrong -- even when they get Ciara back, he's still wrong. Bo really can't win for losing. As others have mentioned they should have changed this up by having Hope be the one that made a decision that Bo didn't like. Otherwise, it's just one more way that this particular conflict feels repetative.

FanODays

jane1978
Aug 19 2009, 12:32 PM
Wow! I so donīt agree with the comments on this. I think this sounds great, very original and clever. Much better than I expected. Itīs not about the kidnapping, itīs about introducing Dean as the big thread for Bope. He has now Hopeīs complete trusts and gratefulness and he hates her. Thatīs a powerfull setup. Itīs clear this was just a first strike and the money was never the main motive.

I think we will see Bo and Hope fight and Dean always side with her and becaming her close friend. This is great stuff and the slow, sneaky way they introduced Dean is just perfect.
Yep, Hope will turn to Dean and dump Bo and then her life will be in danger and Bo will save her and they will either reconcile or Hope will continue to hold a grudge, she's good at that.

Ellie

FanODays
Aug 20 2009, 01:18 PM
Yep, Hope will turn to Dean and dump Bo and then her life will be in danger and Bo will save her and they will either reconcile or Hope will continue to hold a grudge, she's good at that.
Then they'll renew their vows!

FanODays

Ellie
Aug 20 2009, 01:29 PM
FanODays
Yep, and most likely just in time for sweeps.

I for one am tired of Hope not trusting Bo, she's made her share of mistakes yet he's forced to grovel at her feet and beg forgiveness.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

I just watched part of Ransom and that's the exact storyline. The only difference I see is that Ransom is well written!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxkr9x1Qn8s
Edited by talbab1994, Aug 20 2009, 02:12 PM.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Ellie
FanODays
Not to mention Hope will wind up pregnant some how and at first the baby will not be seen as Bo's, but later on, they will reveal that Bo's time release sperm did father the child!

FanODays

Tripp
Aug 20 2009, 02:30 PM
Ellie
FanODays
Not to mention Hope will wind up pregnant some how and at first the baby will not be seen as Bo's, but later on, they will reveal that Bo's time release sperm did father the child!
And all of Salem will drop to their knees crying out how Bo and Hope were 'meant to be' and what a miracle this baby is!

Ellie

Tripp
LOL! Carly will probably get pregnant too. Because you know, Bo and Hope haven't had a love scene in about 4 years. So I think a Bo and Carly love scene soon makes sense.

lastDays
Member Avatar

Tripp
Ellie
FanODays
:roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

C'mon, now you guys.

I love that this echoes the John/Marlena stuff with the quickness and randomness of it all. Which makes me think they're vomiting this stuff up on purpose to get the kind of response seen in this thread. They can now say they tried to give a storyline and viewers weren't receptive.

Alternatively- what if Carly's behind it, not Lawrence? We keep hearing Carly 2.0...chick was buried alive shortly before leaving town which would have to change a person, yeah? She could have learned some tricks over the past years...

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

This whole thing is just stupid.

nanasmiles

I hope the writing is plagiarism and new writers have to be brought back or hired anew. One poster absolutely right on the Ransom writing. Absolutely wonderful movie! On the other note of Bo and Hope, I wish just once the mighty Hope would tumble into humanness and make mistakes like she perceives Bo does every time they split. I never saw Carly, but if it teaches Hope a lesson or two, So be it.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply