Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
On the Set of DAYS with Kristian and Peter; Good Day LA Video
Topic Started: Aug 21 2009, 02:13 PM (1,208 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

http://www.myfoxla.com/dpp/entertainment/television/On_the_Set_Days_of_Our_Lives_20090821

On the Set: Days of Our
Lives
Bo and Hope play tour guides for
GDLA!
Updated: Friday, 21 Aug 2009, 12:00 PM PDT
Published : Friday, 21 Aug 2009, 10:50 AM PDT

Video from: Good Day LA
Posted by: Dennis Lovelace
(myFOXla.com) - Peter Reckell and Kristian Alfonso, who play Bo and Hope on the NBC soap, 'Days of Our Lives', gave a tour of the 'Days' set and shared some scoop on GDLA on Friday.

The soap is nominated for multiple daytime Emmys this year... as usual... but, after 26 years on 'Days', Peter Reckell has scored his first acting nomination. Congrats!!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jcar03
Member Avatar

Quote:

The soap is nominated for multiple daytime Emmys this year... as usual... but, after 26 years on 'Days', Peter Reckell has scored his first acting nomination. Congrats!!!

As usual? LMAO!

jcar03
Member Avatar

In the video they say they only have TWO emmy nominations lol.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

jcar03
Aug 21 2009, 02:34 PM
That was funny, as was the comment about them getting Emmy recognition as usual LOL.

Days always does GDL and I think it's good that they the show is being promoted, especially using Peter and Kristian and the clips from the current story, but those GDL people are so annoying. They always talk over people and don't do their homework. Their interviews are like a free for all with no organization whatsoever.

Peter and Kristian were great and Peter nearly let out a spoiler about the baby switch. Seems whatever they are taping now could be the reveal that was spoiled in the Fall previews. Also, it seems CC is back because Peter mentioned a character coming back on from 19 years ago and how she was flashing back to times with Bo that he had no idea about (the RKK era). Assuming that is true what he said, I love that flashbacks are being used to remind old viewers and educate new viewers on who Carly is.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Aug 21 2009, 02:38 PM.

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Aug 21 2009, 02:38 PM
those GDL people are so annoying. They always talk over people and don't do their homework. Their interviews are like a free for all with no organization whatsoever.
That's so funny - I really like them! I think though it's that different interviewees 'click' better with different interviewers. Peter and Kristian are a little less animated than some other Days people, so they tend to get drowned out in interviews like this.

Thanks Angie for posting!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ellie
Aug 21 2009, 03:38 PM
PhoenixRising05
those GDL people are so annoying. They always talk over people and don't do their homework. Their interviews are like a free for all with no organization whatsoever.
That's so funny - I really like them! I think though it's that different interviewees 'click' better with different interviewers. Peter and Kristian are a little less animated than some other Days people, so they tend to get drowned out in interviews like this.

Thanks Angie for posting!

It doesn't matter who they are interviewing. They come off obnoxious as hell.

They've done it with everyone I've seen them interview. American Idol contestants, Alison Sweeney, Deidre Hall, a few times when several Days cast members were together, and now here with Peter and Kristian. I realize that when your interviewing people that you are not face to face with that it can happen at times but it's way too disorganized. The people being interviewed can't even get their full answers out before being cut off and then you have some of the other hosts jumping in when another one of the host is talking. You just have 2-3 voices constantly shouting out crap at the same time and those being interviewed have no idea what the heck is going on. It's unprofessional and annoying.

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Aug 21 2009, 04:03 PM
It doesn't matter who they are interviewing. They come off obnoxious as hell.

They've done it with everyone I've seen them interview. American Idol contestants, Alison Sweeney, Deidre Hall, a few times when several Days cast members were together, and now here with Peter and Kristian. I realize that when your interviewing people that you are not face to face with that it can happen at times but it's way too disorganized.
LOL another area where we disagree. I think their style brings the best out in some interviewees. I think their angle is just to do a fun morning show without having to worry about serious interview questions. Also, soap interviews are unique in that if the interviewers don't watch the soap, there is no way they can bone up on the story beforehand. That leads to some funny moments where the interviewee has to try to explain a convoluted soap story to a non-viewer. But for certain people like Peter and Kristian, the style doesn't work as well.

It's like with the View - some people can't stand their style, yet others really like it.

jmo!

Harmony233

PhoenixRising05
jcar03
That was funny, as was the comment about them getting Emmy recognition as usual LOL.

Days always does GDL and I think it's good that they the show is being promoted, especially using Peter and Kristian and the clips from the current story, but those GDL people are so annoying. They always talk over people and don't do their homework. Their interviews are like a free for all with no organization whatsoever.

Peter and Kristian were great and Peter nearly let out a spoiler about the baby switch. Seems whatever they are taping now could be the reveal that was spoiled in the Fall previews. Also, it seems CC is back because Peter mentioned a character coming back on from 19 years ago and how she was flashing back to times with Bo that he had no idea about (the RKK era). Assuming that is true what he said, I love that flashbacks are being used to remind old viewers and educate new viewers on who Carly is.
I hope that means when Vivian arrives we will get old flashbacks of Carly and Vivian too.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

The View is never this bad. There is a bit more form to it. Of course, it helps doing face to face interviews.

I've seen morning shows that try not to be so serious and strive to be a little more fun in their interviews but, to me, this isn't fun. I'm sure if not for promotional reasons and the fact that the show probably pushes this, you wouldn't see anyone from Days do this show. Hell, not just Days but any celebrity in general. It's a wonder how Peter and Kristian were able to understand all that junk being tossed at them at once.

Different strokes, I guess.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Harmony233
Aug 21 2009, 04:14 PM
PhoenixRising05
jcar03

I hope that means when Vivian arrives we will get old flashbacks of Carly and Vivian too.
I think it's necessary but I hope we get more then just flashbacks. That was Days' first mistake with Steve and Kayla's return. We got flashbacks but it too months before their history really came into play in regards to story. By that time, many had already formed an opinion about them and then the show made things worse by isolating them from those they should be interacting with for months.

They need to show flashbacks and make sure that you use history as a part of their story right off the bat and for a good amount of time. Plus, they need to build up to the return. Mention Carly, Vivian, etc here or there. Put the names out there. Hope's return in 1994 was a good example of this. The good news is Tomlin seems to appreciate JER's style so, hopefully, he will take another page from JER here and execute the returns right so those who don't know them will become interested in them.

doolcrazy
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting this for s Angie. I really appreciate it as I was hoping to be able to see this. It was great.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Aug 21 2009, 04:20 PM
They need to show flashbacks and make sure that you use history as a part of their story right off the bat and for a good amount of time. Plus, they need to build up to the return. Mention Carly, Vivian, etc here or there. Put the names out there. Hope's return in 1994 was a good example of this. The good news is Tomlin seems to appreciate JER's style so, hopefully, he will take another page from JER here and execute the returns right so those who don't know them will become interested in them.
I hate when they do that. Like when Shawn, Mimi and Brady all of the sudden started to talk about Jan Spears, and what do you know, Jan shows up outside of the Pub. It just feels so forced.

Ellie

Sindacco
Aug 21 2009, 05:10 PM
I hate when they do that. Like when Shawn, Mimi and Brady all of the sudden started to talk about Jan Spears, and what do you know, Jan shows up outside of the Pub. It just feels so forced.
Yep. Same with J&M talking about Roman in 97. That was even worse since Roman looked awful when he got back.

Cecily Smythe
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Also, it seems CC is back because Peter mentioned a character coming back on from 19 years ago and how she was flashing back to times with Bo that he had no idea about (the RKK era). Assuming that is true what he said, I love that flashbacks are being used to remind old viewers and educate new viewers on who Carly is.

As I understood it, Carly's flashbacks were NOT from the RKK-era --- Peter just thought they were, when he first read the script, because he had no recollection of those Bo/Carly scenes. Then, one of the producers informed him, "No, that was you!"

GDLA is always a free-for-all. I wish they had just let Steve Edwards interivew them, since he's known them since they first came to the show (he had a local morning interview show back then).
Edited by Cecily Smythe, Aug 21 2009, 05:22 PM.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

It sort of makes me a little angry that PR seems to forget that entire time frame as it never happened. I know it was a long time ago, but PR and CC worked together almost every day during the time they were paired. How can he forget so much about it?

Ellie

Mikegoldy
Aug 21 2009, 07:38 PM
It sort of makes me a little angry that PR seems to forget that entire time frame as it never happened. I know it was a long time ago, but PR and CC worked together almost every day during the time they were paired. How can he forget so much about it?
I think it's like any project someone does at work. For example, someone could be a lawyer working intensively on a certain court case. As soon as that's over, he'll move on to a new case. If someone asks him the details of the first case even 5 years later (let alone 20), he's not going to remember that much, as he's currently working on something else.

We the fans (especially the fans here!) spend time watching YouTube, rehashing the old scenes and comparing them to current scenes, and/or reading fanfic, watching montages, etc. But the actors don't do this at all. They're immersed in their current stories, and I'd guess they almost never spend time as we do revisiting the old ones.

esp13
Member Avatar

Well put, Ellie. I think we fans sometimes expect the actors to remember everything as well as we do and that's expecting a little too much. The actors have to kind of dump scenes in order to memorize new ones, so it's only natural that after some time has passed the details become really, really fuzzy. Using your lawyer example, I can't remember specific details of cases I lived with 10 years ago. I can remember vague generalities but that's it. So, I can't fault an actor who doesn't remember the details (or even general details) of a storyline that they did 20 years ago and which hasn't come up in any significant way since that time.

jcar03
Member Avatar

The View they only really talk over each other during the hot topics segments. The interviews tend to be more structured and each has a question(s) or time to ask something.

GDL is ALWAYS made fun of on The Soup for the disorganization.

Harmony233

Ellie
Aug 21 2009, 07:49 PM
Mikegoldy
Aug 21 2009, 07:38 PM
I think it's like any project someone does at work. For example, someone could be a lawyer working intensively on a certain court case. As soon as that's over, he'll move on to a new case. If someone asks him the details of the first case even 5 years later (let alone 20), he's not going to remember that much, as he's currently working on something else.

We the fans (especially the fans here!) spend time watching YouTube, rehashing the old scenes and comparing them to current scenes, and/or reading fanfic, watching montages, etc. But the actors don't do this at all. They're immersed in their current stories, and I'd guess they almost never spend time as we do revisiting the old ones.
Thats true.I mean I seriesously doubt these actors will remeber every single scene they did.I think even CC mentioned in an interview that she would have to go back and watch old tapes because she forgot half of the stuff she did on Days.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I so agree with GDLA as being super disorganized. I never watch it because it gives me a headache over the various people talking over each other....same as the View.

As for the interview, they both looked great! I thought if they watched DAYS (like that woman who asked about the baby switch story clearly does) they should have asked them about THEIR STORYLINE and not not some other one?! That was kind of rude, IMO. You have them with this intense clip of the kidnapping, why not ask about that?

But glad that DAYS got some press, regardless of how cheesy and loud the interviewers are!
Thanks for posting the clip!
Liz

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply