Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Promo for wk of August 24th; Bo is vindicated.
Topic Started: Aug 21 2009, 03:40 PM (1,209 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

That sucked.

Ellie

Thanks Angie!

That is one of the worst promos ever. The announcer sounds like he's not even sure he wants to be endorsing the story, lol.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Thanks for the youtube version since NBC never works for me.

Ellie

Sindacco
Aug 21 2009, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the youtube version since NBC never works for me.
No problem. (Even for those who can see it, the YouTube omits the ad!)

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I thought it was cute. No doubt will please Bo and Hope fans but not something that will make people watch, not that it matters since no one ever sees these promos anyway.

Unless NBC decides to start actually airing these promos on their network, it's pointless to even bother with these. Just put together some promos like the summer one for every couple months and maybe do what the show did in 2002 and have a commercial during Days every day that promotes certain letter days coming up. For instance, in 2002, I think it was an episode earlier in the week and they promoted Thursday or Friday as a red letter day as Jennifer and Jack shared a close moment or Lexie did something or whatever. Start doing something like that and invest in long-term promos like the summer one because these weekly ones are useless if all your going to do is slap them together and show them online and not anywhere else.

Dr. Chip

Crystal Chappell made a comment about the smart ways this show is being advertised. Surely she wasn't talking about these promos that keep getting shorter and shorter.

Ljay
Member Avatar

Ellie
Aug 21 2009, 03:53 PM
Thanks Angie!

That is one of the worst promos ever. The announcer sounds like he's not even sure he wants to be endorsing the story, lol.

Boy! I will agree with you on that. It took longer to load the vidoe than it did to watch it! Does anyone know exactly why they are so short and arent shown on their network?

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

What corny music. They might as well of added rainbows and unicorns.

soccerandtvgirl

Well, I can easily call that one of the worst promos ever. No drama, tells everything and the cheesy music? Either they need to quit doing promos or fire everyone in that department and start fresh. Thanks for posting. I really appreciate you guys for putting up the utube version.
Edited by soccerandtvgirl, Aug 21 2009, 06:30 PM.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

END this story already,give Hope and Bo a storyline where Hope doesn't bug the crap out of me with blaming Bo for every single thing.You can tell at the end Hope is still upset with Bo,you get your daughter back you'd think that be the important thing.

oldschoolfan

That promo was so short and not interesting at all IMO. :thumbsdown: Is that supposed to draw in viewers? Because if that's all they can come up with it ain't gonna work.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I give the promo negative 5 stars. Its like Zach's death all over again.

Hope: "I will never forgive you ..."

Cry me a river. How is this his fault?

Mason
Member Avatar

darraholic
Aug 21 2009, 05:24 PM
What corny music. They might as well of added rainbows and unicorns.
If Wyman was still Co-EP, they probably would have.

ytumbler8
Member Avatar

that was a horrible promo, but im glad they rescued ciara

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

☼ Jinx ☼
Aug 21 2009, 09:16 PM
I give the promo negative 5 stars. Its like Zach's death all over again.

Hope: "I will never forgive you ..."

Cry me a river. How is this his fault?
Exactly.Didn't Bope renew their vows not so long ago?I guess with Hope when it comes to the ''love you in good times and bad'' part for Hope its more like I'll love you until you do something I don't agree with.Sad really,cause I do like Hope,I just hate it when she acts supierior to everyone else.I get she wants her daughter back,but she gets mad at Bo for everything,when he didn't tell her about his visions she got angry,when he does she gets angry,everything Bo is going is based on that sick vision he had,isn't the whole point to get their kid back without jumping on Bo for everything.
Edited by Snowing Fan, Aug 22 2009, 10:09 AM.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Hope does not deserve Bo. When things get tough, she always blames everything on him and threatens to end their marriage. Sometimes I wish Billie would return to put Hope in her place.

Deleted User
Deleted User

☼ Jinx ☼
Aug 22 2009, 03:39 PM
Hope does not deserve Bo. When things get tough, she always blames everything on him and threatens to end their marriage. Sometimes I wish Billie would return to put Hope in her place.
Yeah, it,s come to that point for me as well, and that's just aesthetically speaking. Peter Reckell looks amazing right now! :)
Quote Post Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

☼ Jinx ☼
Aug 22 2009, 03:39 PM
Yep.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply