Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; Week of 8/24 - 8/28
Topic Started: Aug 24 2009, 01:28 PM (5,466 Views)
Sindacco
Member Avatar

☼ Jinx ☼
Aug 24 2009, 09:09 PM
I'm sorry but Hope is a bitch. I hated the way she treated Bo. I know its her daughter in danger, and there is a conflict of opinion, but I'm so over her. When things get tough, she always blames everything on him and threatens to leave him.
Because this is his fault. They should have just paid the kidnappers the money.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Aug 24 2009, 09:46 PM
☼ Jinx ☼
Aug 24 2009, 09:09 PM
I'm sorry but Hope is a bitch. I hated the way she treated Bo.
What about how Bo is treating Hope??? He's not giving her the light of day! One minute he's talking about them having to be on the same page & working together to bring Ciara home & the next minute he's off making a speech to the media turning the ransom into a reward! He's acting worse than Hope! I support what Hope's doing! there's no way that Bo could be 100% sure that Ciara would've died at the exchange... he's assuming that his vision must be true & isn't letting anyone change his mind!
Exactly.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

on the other hand, though, if bo had brushed off his vision and let hope pay the ransom and ciara was shot, hope would have flipped right the hell out of her gourd and blamed him for not telling her...just like she did with kayla's shooting. there's no rhyme or reason to what hope will blame bo for. he really is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't, especially when it comes to these visions. if he warns hope ahead of time, she doesn't really believe him, and if he doesn't warn her, she's furious wih him for not being honest. what makes this all even more nonsensical on her part is that she was willing to take away her child's favorite toy based on one of those visions, because she and bo were somehow sure that a teddy bear was the lynchpin in the kidnapping vision, but when it comes down to their daughter possibly being shot, hope can't and won't believe that vision. it's really difficult for me to understand her point of view because she's just not logical at all.

but i get what people are sayign about bo. if i were him, i would have thrown my hands in the air long ago and just let the bitch have her way. that way when something goes wrong, she has no one to blame but herself for once.

esp13
Member Avatar

luvpumpkns
Aug 25 2009, 08:17 AM
on the other hand, though, if bo had brushed off his vision and let hope pay the ransom and ciara was shot, hope would have flipped right the hell out of her gourd and blamed him for not telling her...just like she did with kayla's shooting. there's no rhyme or reason to what hope will blame bo for. he really is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't, especially when it comes to these visions. if he warns hope ahead of time, she doesn't really believe him, and if he doesn't warn her, she's furious wih him for not being honest. what makes this all even more nonsensical on her part is that she was willing to take away her child's favorite toy based on one of those visions, because she and bo were somehow sure that a teddy bear was the lynchpin in the kidnapping vision, but when it comes down to their daughter possibly being shot, hope can't and won't believe that vision. it's really difficult for me to understand her point of view because she's just not logical at all.

but i get what people are sayign about bo. if i were him, i would have thrown my hands in the air long ago and just let the bitch have her way. that way when something goes wrong, she has no one to blame but herself for once.
Thank you. Bo is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. Hope left him (and his sister got shot) when he didn't tell them about that vision. So, if he had kept quiet about his vision and let Hope pay the ransom and Ciara got shot, he would have lost his daughter and Hope would have (say it with me now) never forgiven him. But, if he stops the ransom swap and they don't get Ciara back, then he loses his daughter and Hope will (say it with me now) never forgive him. I understand Hope not being sure that Bo did the right thing, and being scared. What I don't understand is her lack of understanding for the position he's in with these visions particularly when, as you point out, she's left him and then hidden that stupid bear because they were so sure the visions were right. It doesn't make any sense to me that Hope has no understanding for Bo's predicament here.

That said, I do understand Hope being angry at Bo for taking things a step further and going public and all that. So, I certainly have sympathy for both of them.

aimees76
Member Avatar

luvpumpkns
Aug 25 2009, 08:17 AM

OMG, I couldn't agree more! Hope drives me up the friggin wall!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Why was there never any indiction that Kyle was a sex offender before? He's had Ciara in his posession for weeks now. But he doesn't start showing signs that he may be a sex offender until after Hope finds out. Now, all of a sudden, he looks at Ciara all weird and wants to take her into the woods? Poor directing/writing there.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Aug 25 2009, 03:10 PM
Why was there never any indiction that Kyle was a sex offender before? He's had Ciara in his posession for weeks now. But he doesn't start showing signs that he may be a sex offender until after Hope finds out. Now, all of a sudden, he looks at Ciara all weird and wants to take her into the woods? Poor directing/writing there.
Actually, there were signs from the get go. The lollipop and way he stalked her in the beginning. The way he looked at her and behaved right before he kidnapped her at the park two weeks ago. The way he behaved and looks at her at the cabin (especially hating that he told her that she would never see her parents again if she doesn't stay quiet). The guy playing Kyle has played it really well.

I remember you saying you missed a few episodes around the time Justin returned and some of those episodes actually address the point of concern you brought up. There were signs there, though. Not only in the writing/directing but in the actor's performance, as well.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

PhoenixRising05
Aug 25 2009, 03:18 PM
Actually, there were signs from the get go. The lollipop and way he stalked her in the beginning. The way he looked at her and behaved right before he kidnapped her at the park two weeks ago. The way he behaved and looks at her at the cabin (especially hating that he told her that she would never see her parents again if she doesn't stay quiet). The guy playing Kyle has played it really well.

I remember you saying you missed a few episodes around the time Justin returned and some of those episodes actually address the point of concern you brought up. There were signs there, though. Not only in the writing/directing but in the actor's performance, as well.
I agree, Kyle being a sex offender didn't come out of the blue for me at all. Just the little touch of him gently adjusting her little bows almost made me sick. I further agree that the actor has done a very good job of being disturbingly creepy around her.

Mason
Member Avatar

I pegged Kyle as a pedophile even before we even learned he was one, LoL.

Kenny
Member Avatar

There's a pedophile on Days now? Lord have mercy...

Has Lindsay Hartley started airing yet?

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

Kenny
Aug 26 2009, 04:16 AM

no, FT's last day was yesterday, so we'll probably see LH tomorrow or friday. that would be my guess.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Kenny

She premieres on Friday. :D

Mason
Member Avatar

Kenny
No, I think her first airdate is Friday.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Is it just me or does Alison Sweeney's hair look less bleached?

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I liked the Lumi scenes today but I do think they are better as friends than as a couple.
Edited by dc cubs, Aug 26 2009, 04:13 PM.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

I am really surprised that they said Kyle was a sex offender but it worked so well when it was reported because the look on Hope's face and the tear streaming down her face was so great. In a way I am glad that kyle was a SO because it was pretty confusing to have him sniffing the bear and not be some kind of pervert. I wondered tho, what was up with Dean and the way he stroked Ciara before pulling off her ribbon, maybe it was unintentially came off as pedophilic. It's pretty clear cut that Dean will be going bye bye soon but it could have been interesting to have him on for a while longer as the wolf in sheeps clothing to be hailed as a hero and have this kidnapping/murder come out months or years later. I am interested as to why Dean did all this and how he would interact with the Salemites.

The scene between Mia and Chad where he was stopping her from getting into the car was awful. With a few exceptions, watching the teens feel like wading through quicksand. Kinsey's physical features are interesting...she's pretty but strange looking at the same time. Chad and Tad are pretty good.

Alison Sweeney looks great. The Lumi scenes were nice, they felt familiar and comforting.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Aug 26 2009, 02:33 PM
Is it just me or does Alison Sweeney's hair look less bleached?
I've noticed that too. It started a little before her week-long hiatus. She is looking much better.

Loved the Lumi scenes today. Also like that we got some Lucas/Will scenes. We don't see Will nearly enough with his parents and Dylan is much better in scenes with older characters.

I just loved the Rafe/Nicole scenes and the SPD should be kicking themselves for not hiring him. Oh well. I guess if they did, he would get dumbed down to fit in LOL. Just glad we are building up to the unraveling of this now. I like that the show is slowly building up to it and not just having it unravel quickly. Makes it worth it.

The teen crap sucks. Why would I care about a triangle that involves two characters with no connections to the canvas that haven't even been around long. They really should've made Chad related or at least connected to someone or connected Mia to someone. I realize they have forging a connection with Maggie but that isn't enough. I'm all for new blood but two thirds of a triangle having no connections to the canvas is a big no no. I like the actor playing Chad (just don't like him playing Chad) but he was horrible in the scenes leading up to the car crash. Taylor Sprietler needs an energy drink or something when she acts with anyone outside of the adult characters. Since Grace's death, the girl is half asleep with her acting most of the time. Dylan was pretty good today though and the actress playing Kinsey finally showed me something but she's still a waste. Why not bring Joy Wesley on and make her a bitch instead of use Kinsey? Ugh.

The climax to the kidnapping saga was good. I had to laugh at how Dean is sitting there bleeding and Bo and Hope could honestly care less. Yes, I know they were reuniting with their daughter but it took forever for one of them to even ask about him and even when they did, they sort of came off like he was an afterthough. No wonder Dean hates them LOL. Nick Stabile and Nikki Deloach were brilliant today though. The Dean and Brenda scenes were pretty damn good and I hope Deloach finds work on another soap because she's very good.

Good show today.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Halloween Family
Aug 26 2009, 04:26 PM
I am really surprised that they said Kyle was a sex offender but it worked so well when it was reported because the look on Hope's face and the tear streaming down her face was so great. In a way I am glad that kyle was a SO because it was pretty confusing to have him sniffing the bear and not be some kind of pervert. I wondered tho, what was up with Dean and the way he stroked Ciara before pulling off her ribbon, maybe it was unintentially came off as pedophilic. It's pretty clear cut that Dean will be going bye bye soon but it could have been interesting to have him on for a while longer as the wolf in sheeps clothing to be hailed as a hero and have this kidnapping/murder come out months or years later. I am interested as to why Dean did all this and how he would interact with the Salemites.

The scene between Mia and Chad where he was stopping her from getting into the car was awful. With a few exceptions, watching the teens feel like wading through quicksand. Kinsey's physical features are interesting...she's pretty but strange looking at the same time. Chad and Tad are pretty good.

Alison Sweeney looks great. The Lumi scenes were nice, they felt familiar and comforting.
I agree. That scene of Hope with the tear streaming down her face was powerful. The pedophile aspect really added some intensity to this and made sense given how things unfolded. I still believe this kidnapping plot was to happen earlier in the summer but things changed. It seemed like the Bo/Hope stuff got pushed back a bit following the announcement of the big returns so I think they changed things up a bit. The Dean stuff could be milked for at least a few months. Hell, you could have Bo catching on and Hope defending him because he saved Ciara. That would cause even more conflict.

Couldn't agree more about the teen stuff. The show has not done a good job at all setting up this teen set. They did a good job with Will and somewhat with Mia but now they are way too isolated. We need more scenes of Will with his parents. More Mia/Maggie scenes or maybe even Mia/Brady. They really need to connect Chad to someone, even if it's just making someone on the show or that is returning his aunt or uncle. Kinsey needs to go too. If you need teens, bring on some of the ones who have family in Salem or did at one point. It's ok to have one or two with no connections to the canvas but not when your building a triangle like they are with Will/Mia/Chad. Mia and Chad are both new and, if they end up together, no one will care because neither has a connection to anyone, really.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

You know, Dean can really be a great character fooling everyone in town, coming over to Bope's house for dinner, exploring why he hung around sex offenders, why it was so easy to kill his girlfriend ( I could see the justfication for Kyle), why such an elaborate plan just to get a promotion? I really like the idea of Bope putting him on a pedastal and even setting him up with Stephanie to get her away from big bad Phillip. Who knows what kind of messed up shit he could get Stephanie into. IDK, it might be a bad sign when I am more interested in the day players more than the core characters.

In general, I am ok with Chad (he's good in the acting dept) and I dont mind that he doesnt come from the core families--it's just the triangle I dont like. It doesnt help any that Will and Mia look like they've taken sedatives before the scenes but I do "enjoy" them more when they interact with the adults, I liked seeing Lucas all fatherly. And poor Kinsey, they slapped her with the "bitch" stick hard.

Days4Life

I agree about this teen stuff--totally boring and the actress playing Mia is awful. She looks drugged, like she can barely muster the energy to keep her eyes open. And Will's best scene was the trivia break with Bryan Datillo. That was funny!

I liked the Lumi scenes today. They are so wonderful together as friends, which is why I hated them as a romantic couple. The friends chemistry is powerful; the lovers chemistry not so much. Alison Sweeney looked very pretty today, but BD needs a haircut. I don't like the long hair on him.

I'm glad Ciara was rescued so quickly. Now we're ready to move on to the inevitable Hope-walking-out-on-Bo part of the story. I hate this cycle; maybe it's time to split up Bo and Hope for good. And this comes from a long time fan of theirs, but I'm tired of their trust issues and the way Hope treats Bo. No matter what he does, it's wrong, and instead of trying to work things out, she walks out. Every time. That's not the way you work on issues in a marriage. Anyway...glad Ciara is safe and out from under that blanket. I wonder how long it will be until she hears Dean flicking that lighter and identifies him as one of the kidnappers?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply