Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; Week of 8/24 - 8/28
Topic Started: Aug 24 2009, 01:28 PM (5,378 Views)
Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Days4Life
Aug 26 2009, 06:09 PM
I wonder how long it will be until she hears Dean flicking that lighter and identifies him as one of the kidnappers?
She hears it & recognizes it in tomorrow's episode, but she's sleeping, so she probably thinks it's part of her nightmare... she definitely knows what it sounds like... remember though, she doesn't know what he looks like (obviously) & i think the show wants us to think that she doesn't know what he sounds like either... which is kinda bizarre, considering he was the one talking when Ciara sat up & someone mentioned that the earphone was not in her ear anymore!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

aimees76
Member Avatar

Lumi's chemistry is much more layered than just friendship. They are so great together. :wub: Lumi :wub:

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Kenny
Aug 26 2009, 04:16 AM
There's a pedophile on Days now? Lord have mercy...

Has Lindsay Hartley started airing yet?
Yea, his name is Daniel, Philip, Kyle.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I was kind of annoyed with that first scene in the shed. It was the EXACT same scene we got on Friday and nothing more. I don't mind soaps ending with a cliffhanger in one episode, and then playing pretty much the same scene in the next episode, but at least continue on, even if it's just for a few seconds. I hated that. Moving on. Dean was so creepy in the scenes after he killed Kyle. The way he spoke to Brenda, it was so good. And the actress playing Brenda wasn't that bad after her initial emotional scenes when Kyle died. Those tears were so fake. But after that, she impressed me. I was shocked when Dean started kissing her and then just shot her!

I expected Bo and Hope to praise Dean like no one else. I just wish I didn't know this wasn't going to last long. There is so much potential with Dean. They could've really made him a real character on the show. He would be connected to the show through Bo and Hope, who are already connected to everyone on the show. Like someone else said, I could totally see Dean taking in all of the praise, living with this secret, interacting the the people of Salem, even getting involved with Stephanie. That would be awesome. Sigh... What could've been, I guess.

I can't wait to see how Dean tries to explain Ciara's "no" when Hope said Dean saved her life. From the previews for tomorrow's show, it doesn't even look like this storyline is going to get played. That would be a major let down, if you ask me.

I really like the way Alison Sweeney's hair lately. It looks so much less bleached, and she actually now looks like she could be the mother of a teenager. Before, with that bleach blonde hair, I felt that Will was in scenes with his sister when he was with Sami, not his mother.

I always enjoy a classic Lumi scene. I can't express how much more I enjoy these two when they're not romantically connected. As friends, they're the characters I fell in love with back in the mid-90s. I loved how Lucas was baffled by Sami and Nicole's friendship. The look on his face was great and I was cheering him on when he spoke up about it. The idea of Sami and Nicole as friend is truly rediculous.

Rafe actually appeared smart in today's episode. With a lot of the guys around town looking like complete idiots (EJ, Lucas, etc.), it was great seeing a guy with a brain today. The look of fear on Nicole's face when she realized that Rafe had her phone was great.

I like the teen crowd, surprisingly. I'm a Chad and Mia fan for sure. I just hate that these writers try so hard to make the audience enjoy Will and Mia. Why do they have to be the end game couple? I think Chad and Mia have way more chemistry together. And Chad and Mia getting together could really be what we need to make Will the badass character he was meant to be. I hope it's in the stars. For the first time, Kinsey annoyed the fuck out of me today. Usually, I enjoy the character and her little snide remarks, but she sounded like a freaking idiot today.
Edited by DrewHamilton, Aug 26 2009, 11:02 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Well, guys, it's been a year or so but I finally saw a full Days episode.

I have to say, I get the "RIP Days" discussions. I like Rafe and Nicole and the regular players, but to see, today, Nic, Rafe, Bope and Lumi offset, if not overwhelmed, by all those newbies. New Will, Chad, Mia, etc, Brenda, Dean, guywhogotkilled, etc... it was pretty shocking, to say the least.

My first impulse of the teen scene was "Mia" is NO Kirsten Storms, and I was immediately hooked on the Shelle, Phloe, Brady, Jan, etc. of yore. I thought these new kids had NO 'It' factor like the old teens. But, surprisingly, Mia and Chad became sort of watchable, and now, I think I might warm up to them after seeing the full episode. but that bitch in the hospital bed... I don't know about her. I'm not sure if it's bad acting or I just hate stuck-up bitches like that one.

Meanwhile, what was with the blinkandyoumissed it Lucas/New will bumper? It went nowhere! Is this something new they're doing that I don't get? Did it continue later on and I missed it? Ugh.

I like the baby-switch storyline with Nic and can't wait for that bitch to be outed. Rafe was smart to nab the phone but he seemed way too suspicious of just a damn phone call. It's like "MIND YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS, ASSWIPE! what's what the all the questions?"

The "Days" theme is HORRIBLE. Why do they shorten it and speed it up like that? Doesn't Ken corday know it cheapens the show and screams "Let's just get this over with so we can stay productive and cut costs?" It's in his control to change the theme or make it FIT the fucking time allotted! Not NBC's.

I don't get why Dean's ultimate revenge on Hope - and I missed why he hates her so much - is now out the window. Why is he NOT killing Bope and ciara all in one fell swoop? Why is he playing the good guy? He can take them all out! They're not expecting it! SOME revenge. rolleyes.
Quote Post Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Aug 26 2009, 11:02 PM
I can't wait to see how Dean tries to explain Ciara's "no" when Hope said Dean saved her life.
Ciara explains it all by herself... gotta love Days & their multiple meaning/interpretation sentences...

Deleted User
Deleted User

Super, I could tell that was a red herring from a mile away. Ciara's such a stupid bitch-she's probably going to say something stupid like, "He wasn't alone. You and daddy are my heroes." :rolleyes:
Quote Post Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

JERSoapsFan
Aug 26 2009, 11:43 PM
Super, I could tell that was a red herring from a mile away. Ciara's such a stupid bitch-she's probably going to say something stupid like, "He wasn't alone. You and daddy are my heroes." :rolleyes:
kinda, sort of, along those lines, but not quite... she does have a clue, so she's not clueless!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Aug 26 2009, 11:02 PM
I can't wait to see how Dean tries to explain Ciara's "no" when Hope said Dean saved her life. From the previews for tomorrow's show, it doesn't even look like this storyline is going to get played. That would be a major let down, if you ask me.
It does get played. They don't always spoil everyone that is going to be on in the previews. In recent months, they've been better about that. For instance, yesterday they had nothing in the previews pertaining to the Ciara story. They had a great cliffhanger with Dean firing the gun and implying he may have actually shot Ciara so they didn't spoil it. I'm sure the same goes here. They had a nice ending with Ciara saying "no" so they don't want to spoil if Dean gets exposed.

One thing I will say is we may see the end of the visions story. Bo getting hit on the head in today's episode gets played up big time in tomorrow's episode. It makes sense that a head injury started them and now this head injury may finish them. The visions aren't really needed anymore (not that they ever were) so time to end them. Here's hoping it happens.

By the way, I did not get a trivia segment or preview segment on Days today where I live and the opening was even shorter then usual. "Like Sands Through The Hourglass" was barely said before the opening was abruptly ended. Weird. Must be an affiliate thing.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

JERSoapsFan
Aug 26 2009, 11:24 PM
Well, guys, it's been a year or so but I finally saw a full Days episode.

I have to say, I get the "RIP Days" discussions. I like Rafe and Nicole and the regular players, but to see, today, Nic, Rafe, Bope and Lumi offset, if not overwhelmed, by all those newbies. New Will, Chad, Mia, etc, Brenda, Dean, guywhogotkilled, etc... it was pretty shocking, to say the least.

My first impulse of the teen scene was "Mia" is NO Kirsten Storms, and I was immediately hooked on the Shelle, Phloe, Brady, Jan, etc. of yore. I thought these new kids had NO 'It' factor like the old teens. But, surprisingly, Mia and Chad became sort of watchable, and now, I think I might warm up to them after seeing the full episode. but that bitch in the hospital bed... I don't know about her. I'm not sure if it's bad acting or I just hate stuck-up bitches like that one.

Meanwhile, what was with the blinkandyoumissed it Lucas/New will bumper? It went nowhere! Is this something new they're doing that I don't get? Did it continue later on and I missed it? Ugh.

I like the baby-switch storyline with Nic and can't wait for that bitch to be outed. Rafe was smart to nab the phone but he seemed way too suspicious of just a damn phone call. It's like "MIND YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS, ASSWIPE! what's what the all the questions?"

The "Days" theme is HORRIBLE. Why do they shorten it and speed it up like that? Doesn't Ken corday know it cheapens the show and screams "Let's just get this over with so we can stay productive and cut costs?" It's in his control to change the theme or make it FIT the fucking time allotted! Not NBC's.

I don't get why Dean's ultimate revenge on Hope - and I missed why he hates her so much - is now out the window. Why is he NOT killing Bope and ciara all in one fell swoop? Why is he playing the good guy? He can take them all out! They're not expecting it! SOME revenge. rolleyes.
Well, the kidnapping plot is over so Brenda, Kyle, and (shortly) Dean will be gone. The others aren't really newbies (I hate that term). Yes, there are new faces but you haven't watched the show awhile and, to be honest, most of them were slowly brought on. They weren't on every day to start out. Only Molly Burnett's Melanie was last Fall. Most are already used to them so you need to allow time to adjust because the show is a different show now. It can be jarring, especially not having watched in that long. The show has gone back to it's old story-telling style (JER-like) but the canvas has changed, thankfully.

I assume the Lucas/Will thing you are mentioning is the trivia segment (I didn't get one today for some reason so I'm guessing the segment was Lucas and Will today). We've been getting those since June and, while annoying at first, they are pretty fun now. It seems many fans have warmed up to them. The downside is the opening got cut back in June to make room for it. I hate that. It is very choppy now and I would rather keep the opening as is, keep the trivia, and take away the daily previews at the end. That would be great IMO.

Good to see you back, JSF. Hope to see you around more. You should keep watching Days because I think you will like it once you get used to how different things are. Being a JER fan, I think you will enjoy it since Tomlin and co seem to tap into JER's style quite a bit.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

i guess my only problem with rafe and lucas being so gung-ho about keeping sami away from nicole is that sami is just as bad, actually no, worse than nicole. really if those two were friends, i think i'd be worried that they were up to some nefarious scheme. as we all well know, any time sami teamed up with nicole or kate in the past, something bad was getting ready to happen. so i guess i wished they played that angle instead(especially with lucas) of everyone mooning all over sami and trying to protect her from big bad nicole.
don't even get me started on rafe. i love that at least we got to see a bit of his hypocrisy shining through when he told nicole his and sami's break-up was none of her business all while he's snooping for info on something that isn't any of his business. other than that he's a flat-out thief. i just keep tuning in to his scenes to see how many laws he's going to have end up to breaking to expose nicole. talk about a shitty cop.

agree with all of those saying mia appears drugged. i really can't stand her. i think that's why i root for kinsey. she's a bitch, yes, but at least she has some personality. i can't muster up any emotion for mia because she is not into her character. i don't know why, nor do i care. all i know is that this actress is not in any way connecting with this character. she did well during grace's death, but it's gone back downhill since then.

i do enjoy the way they're playing out the kidnapping. i too wish dean could stick around, but i like this resolution better than bo and hope busting in and saving the day, all while the three bad guys go to prison and are never heard from again. i really enjoy the angle that dean is a disgruntled cop. i hope he gets a chance to tell hope off.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

LOVED Lumi scenes.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

TS as Mia is SO bad and hope when Mia learns it was her baby that died she decides to leave Salem forever.

Lumi, ah good to see them again.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

luvpumpkns
Aug 27 2009, 08:26 AM
i guess my only problem with rafe and lucas being so gung-ho about keeping sami away from nicole is that sami is just as bad, actually no, worse than nicole. really if those two were friends, i think i'd be worried that they were up to some nefarious scheme. as we all well know, any time sami teamed up with nicole or kate in the past, something bad was getting ready to happen. so i guess i wished they played that angle instead(especially with lucas) of everyone mooning all over sami and trying to protect her from big bad nicole.

<snip>

agree with all of those saying mia appears drugged. i really can't stand her. i think that's why i root for kinsey. she's a bitch, yes, but at least she has some personality. i can't muster up any emotion for mia because she is not into her character. i don't know why, nor do i care. all i know is that this actress is not in any way connecting with this character. she did well during grace's death, but it's gone back downhill since then.
When I watched yesterday I thought my problem with Lucas was primarily that he's now suddenly decided Rafe is a decent guy, when it wasn't that long ago that he was suggesting to Sami Rafe probably killed Emily. I don't have a problem with Lucas not trusting Nicole since he was her patsy before. But, you raise a great point that warning Sami away from Nicole like she's a baby who doesn't know better is just stupid. By all rights neither should trust the other. But it does remind me of when Will was laying it on thick to Mia about how awful, evil and demonic Nicole was while conveniently forgetting to mention EJ's crimes, which make Nicole look like a girl scout. It's all about the plot.

As for your comments about Mia, I have been wondering if Taylor has never had a boyfriend, which would not be unusual at her young age and given that she's been working for years. Her lifelessness could be attributed to personal shyness, awkwardness and lack of experience, not that that excuse would make it any more enjoyable to watch. It does, however, (if true) explain to me why she's fine in scenes with grownups but so non-credible in the love triangle stuff. She may also simply feel very awkward with the guy who plays Chad, since he's already in his 20s and that's a big gap when you're 15. I hung out with guys that age when I was 15 but I was careful to keep it friendly only because I knew I wasn't mature enough for more with someone that age (not to mention which it would have been illegal for them!). Taylor is probably more comfortable with Dylan but there really isn't a romantic spark with either one.

I do like Kinsey fine. She does have a strong personality and at least my eyes don't automatically shut in scenes with her.
Edited by Paxton, Aug 27 2009, 11:51 AM.

six
Member Avatar

The stupidest line today came from Brady, with his "I've known Kate my whole life, and she'd never do that" speech. Really, Brady? What rock has he been living under for the past fifteen years?

Hopefully Bo/Hope question Ciara again about Dean once they take her home. It didn't make sense for them to ask her about it while he was standing there leering at her.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

I'll admit I thought Kate and Dan were pretty hot. Dan is getting more orange as the days go by and his hair is getting more yellow. It's funny how Dan only feigns concern for Ciarra.

overall, the Bope kidnapping s/l was good. I enjoyed some great acting from KA while PR was spotty at times, mostly because he's stuck in this jaw clenching rut to show the emotions of Bo. However today, PR did fabulous when he was speaking with Roman about Ciarra's ordeal and "what if he touched her", the look on his face conveyed so much emotion. The visions part of it was ok and I say that with reservation because it could have worked much better if they had come at it from a Medium type angle as oppose to as someone said before That's So Ravenesque.

Liked the Brady/Melanie interaction but their scheme is soooooo stupid. At least they got Melanie out of that candy striper outfit making her look 12 yrs. old and into scrubs that make her look 15.

Nathan=annoying.

Stephanie looked beautiful with her hair and the color on her top but I didn't like the tight tank paired with the flouncy skirt. I get that the same conflicts get rehashed over and over by couples but man they need to spice Phil/stephanie up a bit. Why wasn't Phillip's Kiriakisness such an issue with Belle who was more of a goody goody than Stephanie is. I guess once these two dont have this to talk about there's nothing of "interest" in their relationship, I say let it fizzle and die out once and for all. If they are giving Philip this lousy hair style to make him appear younger then I say it's not worth it.

Edited by Halloween Family, Aug 27 2009, 06:04 PM.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Supergirlx2
Aug 24 2009, 09:46 PM
☼ Jinx ☼
Aug 24 2009, 09:09 PM
I'm sorry but Hope is a bitch. I hated the way she treated Bo.
What about how Bo is treating Hope??? He's not giving her the light of day! One minute he's talking about them having to be on the same page & working together to bring Ciara home & the next minute he's off making a speech to the media turning the ransom into a reward! He's acting worse than Hope! I support what Hope's doing! there's no way that Bo could be 100% sure that Ciara would've died at the exchange... he's assuming that his vision must be true & isn't letting anyone change his mind!
His visions have been pretty accurate up until the present.

As well, I think the reward is a smarter approach. The kidnappers could present a third party to take the reward and spill the beans, leaving their hands clean and still getting the cash. Also, Bo is a more experienced cop.

Lastly, Hope wouldn't be as annoying if she didn't keep repeating the same thing again and again ... "if something happens to Ciara, I will never forgive you"

Tori

I think after watching Days this week that other than a few bright spots here and there that Days is in trouble because of the lazy writing. The kidnapping s/l was a knock off of the movie Ransom. The baby swap storyline has gone on so long that even if they provide us with an interesting twisting ending we are so far past WHO CARES. Rafe is now the lead actor on this soap and he is DULLER than DIRT! I find myself screaming in my mind PULL THE PLUG whenever the storyline for Chloe comes up. I can't believe that Julie and Doug are taking Allie to see Marlena. Have Doug and Julie even seen Ciara? The whole timing of that was so off - WHO IS RUNNING THIS SHOW? That's right TOMLIN - didn't he run the CANCELLED show called PASSIONS. How could we forget he's hired many of the Passion's actors after FIRING Days beloved VETS. I wonder if DAYS will get a Monkey next? Monkey in Lucas out. Poor Lucas he makes a great friend but husband, lover not so much. His little talk with Sami just screamed ROMAN and MARLENA all over again. What was the point of the EJ and Sami scene this week? It did not move this story forward it just smacked of throwing ejami fans a bone to keep them watching my guess most ejami fans are barely watching now and they need to start thowing them the whole carcass pretty soon these bones here and there are just irritating. And what about Justin - his return has been so underwhelming.

Stephanie and Phillip were just filler.
Mia, Chad and Will - ok and lame at the same time.
Dr. Baker was the big plus!

Alligato
Member Avatar

Catching up a bit...

While I don't mind someone being on Nicole's case for how weird she has been acting, it really pisses me off that it is Rafe. Who da hell is this guy? All of this shit is none of his business! He is all crazy about exposing this secret...well, what about his own damn secret! Hypocracy really pisses me off, and Rafe is a lying, manipulating thief who needs to shut the fuck up. His little superior attitude is really making me hate him!

Loved the sweet Lumi scene, but Lucas reminding Sami how evil Nicole is is another case of hypocracy. Sami is just as much as an evil friend as Nicole, so it is killing me how anti-Nicole everyone is. Other than EJ, she has really stayed out of everyone's life and kept quiet for the past year. Very plot point here. Tell Sami not to trust evil EJ, or lying, nontrustworthy Rafe, not Nicole who has been helping her out recently.

Anyways...

Chad is just looking way too old and mature for sleepyMia, imo. And funny how Melanie is looking way to young for her story. The teen story isn't doing much for me.

Anything with Dr. Dan just entertains me in such a cheesy way. Kate looked different today...was it the lips? She has been looking all kinds of hot lately, but today something was off.

I'll NEVER buy Princess Stephanie as someone who sits in a smokey bar drinking beer. She just doesn't look like the type. Cut your hair, Philly!

I have enjoyed the Bope/Ciara storyline, and how it has wrapped up for now. Hope this is the end of the visions, but was secretly hoping that Bo needed therapy to help stop his visions and went to Carly for some psychiatric evaluations or something. Wasn't expecting Dean to shoot his chick before killing her. He just creeps me out.

Pretty good week so far!

Alligato
Member Avatar

Oh, and I never watched Passions and don't know Lindsey Hartely at all, but was that really her in the preview for tomorrow? In the attractive department, Felisha won. But I guess LH is a better actress from what I have heard?
She just wasn't what I was expecting.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply